• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Faustina

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2015, 03:37:43 PM
This is what I'll be listening through on July 20. The Libratone Zipp.
PS- my new unit ran about $350.

http://www.amazon.com/Libratone-Portable-Speaker-Classic-Collection/dp/B009L1342A

Yeah, but my Bluetooth speaker only cost $30.  Fills my car, or living room, with sound AND has good bass response.

serenity

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 05, 2015, 02:57:58 PM
Absolutely AWESOME!!!  I got goosebumps just watching the trailer, can't wait till Art Bell is Back!   C'MON JULY 20TH!!!  Yeah!

Who ever you are, this is a great piece of work. (much better than anything I could do) It is now posted on my blog over at Alien Dreams. Unless of course you (the creator) would like me to remove it. Just pm me and i will do so. Again Good job!

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 01:24:00 PM
curtis doesn't own a computer, sir.
But he does have access to one . . . right?

Morgus

Quote from: Faustina on June 05, 2015, 04:15:33 PM
Yeah, but my Bluetooth speaker only cost $30.  Fills my car, or living room, with sound AND has good bass response.

I ordered this Bluetooth speaker earlier today from amazon for $59.95 with free same day shipping, should arrive later today!
Has an 18+hour battery life between recharges and can even act as a speakerphone for my smartphone on calls with its built-in mike.
With 30+feet range should work well around the house or even in my small pickup (my car has a bluetooth connection to its audio system already).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ES2BQ7M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 05, 2015, 04:25:47 PM
But he does have access to one . . . right?

the state of indiana has deemed him ineligible to use one.

Faustina

Quote from: Morgus on June 05, 2015, 04:34:37 PM
I ordered this Bluetooth speaker earlier today from amazon for $59.95 with free same day shipping, should arrive later today!
Has an 18+hour battery life between recharges and can even act as a speakerphone for my smartphone on calls with its built-in mike.
With 30+feet range should work well around the house or even in my small pickup (my car has a bluetooth connection to its audio system already).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ES2BQ7M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Very nice.  18+ hour battery life is superb.  I love Bluetooth technology.  No need for wires anymore.  (I can hardly wait for the day that telephone poles come down).

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 04:38:56 PM
the state of indiana has deemed him ineligible to use one.
He should move to Colorado.  We got MOUNTAINS!  He could hide! ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 03:42:54 PM
THIS BOYS' CLUB CAN KICK ROCKS AND SUCK MY ASS.

O Glory, how I have missed thee.

starrmtn001

Quote from: serenity on June 05, 2015, 04:23:35 PM
Who ever you are, this is a great piece of work. (much better than anything I could do) It is now posted on my blog over at Alien Dreams. Unless of course you (the creator) would like me to remove it. Just pm me and i will do so. Again Good job!
Maybe it's wr250!  He works magic keeping the chat room up and running.  Hmmm . . . maybe, just maybe . . . .

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Morgus on June 05, 2015, 04:34:37 PM

good don't buy apple beats speakers because there is a recall people were getting burned

Faustina

Btw, a European in an Art Bell Fans group on FB that I'm in wants to pay for a membership so he can access the archives.  I hope Art and his producer/etc. figure out a form of payment that Europeans can also use to buy their $5 a month membership.  Perhaps a cool term could be made for such members.  Something like "Night Riders" only better.  "Become an Art Bell Night Rider!"

starrmtn001

Quote from: wr250 on June 05, 2015, 04:53:51 PM
its noti. ah speel liek norrytalks (without hte speel chcker that si)
Well, ok.  But it was a good guess anyway.  Um, do YOU know who did it wr250?  Do ya???

wr250

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 05, 2015, 04:56:00 PM
Well, ok.  But it was a good guess anyway.  Um, do YOU know who did it wr250?  Do ya???
no.

mrswizard

Quote from: FortRock on June 05, 2015, 01:15:48 PM
THE SCORPION ARMY BATTLE FOR "MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT" STATIONS:

DO NOT FEAR RUSH LIMBAUGH'S "SO-CALLED POWER", IT NO LONGER EXISTS, AND STATION
MANAGERS AND PROGRAM DIRECTORS KNOW IT! RUSH AROUND HIGH IS NO LONGER ON ANY
STATION IN BOSTON, NEW YORK CITY, OR LOS ANGELES! HE'S NOW ON A STATION THAT IS
ONLY 5KW AT 1260 KHZ IN REPUBLICAN FRIENDLY CITY INDIANAPOLIS, BARELY ABLE TO REACH
THE SUBURBS IN THAT METRO AREA! CHECK THIS REPORT!

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/05/rush-limbaugh-free-fall-show-demoted-station.html

Do NOT speak ill of El Rushbo. I owe my sanity to his words of wisdom😜

mrswizard

Quote from: gabrielle on June 05, 2015, 01:25:51 PM
When the time comes, will you techno wizards help out us luddites figure out how to download the right app etc?

We certainly will!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2015, 03:37:43 PM
This is what I'll be listening through on July 20. The Libratone Zipp. I've tooted it's horn before on this forum but worth doing so here again imo- for the mobile audiophile. 40watt, w/airplay AND wifi connectivity. Very healthy sound, much more so than every other unit of its size and price. Durable- I use mine on my bike and have spilled it onto pavement several times, once at 25+ mph it became unstrapped, hit the pavement, tumbled 20 feet down into a desert arroyo, and Jerry and the boys kept playing the whole trip. I actually just bought a second unit, after beating the crap out of unit A for two years in the dirt and weather. It actually now suffers a light distortion at higher volumes after all the abuse but it will remain my riding model. Unit B is my new house system. Weird right(?), because the body is not that big. But placed strategically around the place (an app allows setting sound for tables, shelves, floor, outdoors) you can get great sound. Apparently on an iPad you can set up eight of these babies. That would be my audio dream- all over the house heh. But alas, I works for my living and just barely afforded the second unit so I run one speaker at a time from my iPhone 5.

I'm saying, the sound quality is excellent- even with its small body. I hear certain elements, depth , coming out of this thing that I seem to have never noticed in otherwise familiar music. Also, airplay and wifi connections offer full bitrate wireless sound quality. Scandinavian design, made in Indonesia. It used to run about 400 clams. Apparently on Amazon 300+-

Almost done blah blah blahing about the thing but I clearly love mine. The first one had a pet name >embarrassed< but have not christened the newbie, yet. Ok I'll stop. I'm starting to feel like the guy from martinez tm.

PS- my new unit ran about $350.

http://www.amazon.com/Libratone-Portable-Speaker-Classic-Collection/dp/B009L1342A

THIS is EXACTLY the type of speaker I had been looking for. I currently have a Jawbone Big Jambox and it's nice and all but it looks and sounds like something a teenager would use. The Libratone looks awesomely nordic and I trust your opinion that it sounds amazing so I'm going to get one. Thanks for the info.

aldousburbank

Not really a sound snob but this thing takes a beating outdoors and sounds superior. I think you'll appreciate it.

FortRock

FROM SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE

WE HAVE A CELEBRITY ON BELLGAB TODAY, J.C.'S FORMER WIFE EDNA!
THE LAST I KNEW YOU WERE LIVING IN ELY, NEVADA!

Morgus

Quote from: Faustina on June 05, 2015, 04:55:22 PM
Btw, a European in an Art Bell Fans group on FB that I'm in wants to pay for a membership so he can access the archives.  I hope Art and his producer/etc. figure out a form of payment that Europeans can also use to buy their $5 a month membership.  Perhaps a cool term could be made for such members.  Something like "Night Riders" only better.  "Become an Art Bell Night Rider!"
How about "Midnight Riders" or "Midnight Desert Rats" ?
Paypal should work in most countries I think.

chefist

Quote from: FortRock on June 05, 2015, 05:18:06 PM
FROM SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE

WE HAVE A CELEBRITY ON BELLGAB TODAY, J.C.'S FORMER WIFE EDNA!
THE LAST I KNEW YOU WERE LIVING IN ELY, NEVADA!

Big UFO story in Ely....covered in Art's last DM show...would love an update

nbirnes

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 05, 2015, 04:51:58 PM
Maybe it's wr250!  He works magic keeping the chat room up and running.  Hmmm . . . maybe, just maybe . . . .

I was thinking this, too. It's a clear case of bad marketing: wr250 is hard to remember and everytime I ask in the IRC chat about who to thank for this and that cool new feature or bug, I'm often directed to wr250 ... and then I mix up his (her?) name with all the other numbered masks and it's all so floating integers by this point.

But yeah, I vote anonymously for wd400.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2015, 05:15:56 PM
Not really a sound snob but this thing takes a beating outdoors and sounds superior. I think you'll appreciate it.

I used to not be a sound snob but that's changed the more I listen to music etc.

starrmtn001

Quote from: nbirnes on June 05, 2015, 05:24:19 PM
I was thinking this, too. It's a clear case of bad marketing: wr250 is hard to remember and everytime I ask in the IRC chat about who to thank for this and that cool new feature or bug, I'm often directed to wr250 ... and then I mix up his (her?) name with all the other numbered masks and it's all so floating integers by this point.

Nancy, if you scroll up, you'll see wr250's denial of being the mystery genius.  Then, below that, he denies he knows who it may be.  You've got "pull" Nancy, do you know someone who, perhaps, could make MV and wr250 . . . TALK???  Heh, heh, heh.

coaster

Quote from: nbirnes on June 05, 2015, 05:24:19 PM

Have you got a new book out?

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 03:33:36 PM
back when i was driving a truck all over the usa (sept. 2003 to july 2005), mobile data was in its absolute infancy.  you could buy air cards, but coverage was spotty at best and the cost of data was horrendous.  the best solution at that time was to purchase a wifi plan at whatever truck stop chain you chose, and then to try and stay at that chain every time you parked.  it suuuuuuucked, especially when you couldn't get a parking spot close enough to the access point.  i remember being just absolutely amazed the first time i drove a few hundred miles listening to streaming audio without interruption via mobile data.  that was a semenal moment.
You misspelled it.

paladin1991

I knew you were the girl for me.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 03:46:29 PM
i would read my bible and such touch myself.
Fixed

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on June 05, 2015, 04:49:30 PM
O Glory, how I have missed thee.
I saw her first, faggot.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 05, 2015, 05:56:30 PM
Fixed

I think Jimmy Swaggart hung out at those truck stops