• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

(Redacted) has always been cool with me but I fall on the Bateman side of this. I'd rather have Art be the sole voice on the show taking calls and conducting interviews the way he always has. Occasional mentions of Bellgab are welcome (as obnoxious as "Mega 51s" were) but I feel like Art became a bit too wrapped up in what was happening here during Dark Matter when the audience at large doesn't care about the issues with Premiere or potato head and a forum member being on for open lines might exacerbate that sort of behavior. /shrug

chefist

Art added Loma Linda, CA and Albuquerque, NM! The Midnight Express Rolls On!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 05, 2015, 12:15:05 PM
Yeah. I can't resist the uniform. Pennsylvania Military College, whose uniform was adopted by West Point. True.

Love it!

Cynnie

Which one of you did the #freeartbell trailer ?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Canned Heat on May 08, 2015, 03:16:08 PM
Who'd have thought that more than a decade later there'd be magic at midnight?

His Majesty has no idea just how magical he is.  Was.  And will be.  I can hardly stand this waiting, but I have and I will.
Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 08, 2015, 03:19:05 PM
He has said he knows he's good. So he is not unaware of how great he is at what he does on the radio.  And yes, this is so wonderful that he is coming back.

Quote from: Canned Heat on May 08, 2015, 03:29:55 PM
That's such a cute reply Roswells. 

Most people who know they're good need the attention to keep that power trip fueled.  What his thoughts were on just that point would be yummy to hear. 

He is an enigma and the omega.

I FINALLY FOUND IT! By the way I have to stop referring to things. It takes forever to back up my statements. In the audio version where Art reads his book The Art of Talk at the one hour, two minute, eight second mark he says,

"I am an immensely driven competitive person. Some may say egocentric, I'm not sure. If having an ego means you recognize certain innate talents in yourself, and if it means you have unrelenting drive which yields success, well then, I'm guilty. I have an ego, for I know I am good at what I do as a radio talk show host. At times I believe I'm as good at this profession as anyone in this business."

Also somewhere close to this time he starts out another thought with "the best is absolutely important to me."
Hey, what a concept!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 05, 2015, 12:10:11 PM
He did. He was changed, damaged. Divorce; then Bill.

oy.  that sucks.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2015, 07:37:17 AM
Oh my WhiteCrow, how your ass has grown.

Bud Dickman is that you?

nbirnes

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 12:31:31 PM
oy.  that sucks.

🌸 war is not good for children or any living things 🌸

PathoJen

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 11:58:43 AM
you did and your account has been downgraded.  you may no longer use vowels in your posts.
oh now how will I ?

nbirnes

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 05, 2015, 12:31:19 PM
I FINALLY FOUND IT! By the way I have to stop referring to things. It takes forever to back up my statements. In the audio version where Art reads his book The Art of Talk at the one hour, two minute, eight second mark he says,

"I am an immensely driven competitive person. Some may say egocentric, I'm not sure. If having an ego means you recognize certain innate talents in yourself, and if it means you have unrelenting drive which yields success, well then, I'm guilty. I have an ego, for I know I am good what I do as a radio talk show host. At times I believe I'm as good at this profession as anyone in this business."

Also somewhere close to this time he starts out another thought with "the best is absolutely important to me."
Hey, what a concept!

I really really appreciate your research chops and skilz and wry acumen, Roswells

chefist

Quote from: PathoJen on June 05, 2015, 12:35:33 PM
oh now how will I ?

You can use vowels as long as you put, "MV is Awesome!" at the end of each post...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: PathoJen on June 05, 2015, 12:35:33 PM
oh now how will I ?

hmm, nw, hw wll thy.

This can work I think, too bad about your downgrade

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2015, 12:39:08 PM
You can use vowels as long as you put, "MV is Awesome!" at the end of each post...

that does help.

Art Bell

Whoever did that trailer, thank you! It is now on my FB page.

Art

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 05, 2015, 12:10:11 PM
No. This is my first husband, W. David Duthie, Jr. He was serving in VN in '68-9, gulp. This photo was for a spread feature in Cosmo because I'd written a series of articles about waiting for my husband to come home.

He did. He was changed, damaged. Divorce; then Bill.

Edited: might as well, given the audience.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Art Bell on June 05, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

Art

Right on, Art!  Yeah, it is so good! It really did give me a tingling up my spine. I wonder who did it.

chefist

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 05, 2015, 01:03:11 PM
Right on, Art!  Yeah, it is so good! It really did give me a tingling up my spine. I wonder who did it.

I think MV knows...but won't say...rotten secret keeper...

The General

Art

At first I thought the #freeartbell thing didn't need to be in there because it refers to the non-compete freeartbell campaign from 2 years ago... but ya know what?  It fits here because the streamed show will be free.  So, technically, it is correct.  Free Art Bell (stream) starting July 20th. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2015, 01:05:19 PM
I think MV knows...but won't say...rotten secret keeper...

oh, MV knoooooooows.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 01:10:21 PM
oh, MV knoooooooows.

As do I.  Until he steps forward to reveal himself, it will remain a mystery.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 01:10:21 PM
oh, MV knoooooooows.

I'm starting to think the answer is always Curtis.

gabrielle

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 05, 2015, 01:13:49 PM

Whoever did it...its awesome.  I wish I could make a clip of it as my wallpaper.

FortRock

THE SCORPION ARMY BATTLE FOR "MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT" STATIONS:

DO NOT FEAR RUSH LIMBAUGH'S "SO-CALLED POWER", IT NO LONGER EXISTS, AND STATION
MANAGERS AND PROGRAM DIRECTORS KNOW IT! RUSH AROUND HIGH IS NO LONGER ON ANY
STATION IN BOSTON, NEW YORK CITY, OR LOS ANGELES! HE'S NOW ON A STATION THAT IS
ONLY 5KW AT 1260 KHZ IN REPUBLICAN FRIENDLY CITY INDIANAPOLIS, BARELY ABLE TO REACH
THE SUBURBS IN THAT METRO AREA! CHECK THIS REPORT!

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/05/rush-limbaugh-free-fall-show-demoted-station.html

ge30542

Art
Beautiful quality, very nicely done.

ItsOver

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 05, 2015, 12:31:19 PM
I FINALLY FOUND IT! ...
Hey, what a concept!
Ha!  Especially for Dave and company.  I can see a Dave-type statement but, of course, it would be in a book authored by Dave but written by somebody else.

The General

Don't discount SR-71

MV/Liberace!

curtis doesn't own a computer, sir.

chefist

Quote from: FortRock on June 05, 2015, 01:15:48 PM
THE SCORPION ARMY BATTLE FOR "MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT" STATIONS:

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/05/rush-limbaugh-free-fall-show-demoted-station.html

Also a lot of stations dropped the high priced talent simply because they couldn't afford it...times are changing...can't wait to see where it all reaches equilibrium...

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 05, 2015, 12:18:26 PM
(Redacted) has always been cool with me but I fall on the Bateman side of this. I'd rather have Art be the sole voice on the show taking calls and conducting interviews the way he always has...

Not to pick on this post, because several have voiced these issues, but what's wrong with seeing what Art has planned and listening to the show before we all decide what we like and don't like about it?

gabrielle

When the time comes, will you techno wizards help out us luddites figure out how to download the right app etc?