• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2015, 03:04:16 PM
I thought we agreed not to discuss this. You owe me a drink. Holmes.

I owe you a bottle. Come collect it you travelin planter.

eddie dean

Quote from: boba FETT on June 05, 2015, 10:55:24 AM
Dearest (Redacted),

The things I notice most about your GabCast interactions are... speaking monotone & slowly enough to notice, interrupting while a caller is still speaking so both voices become garbled

Something to consider boba FETT:
I'd like to point out that every single host on the show interrupts callers and each other from time to time. It's not something that is unique to only Redacted and it's not fair to single her out for something we all do. It has gotten better over the years as we have become more mindful,  but it's impossible to avoid completely, given the conversational format and number of hosts on the show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on June 05, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
I'd like to point out that every single host on the show interrupts callers and each other from time to time. It's not something that is unique to only Redacted and it's not fair to single her out for something we all do. It has gotten better over the years as we have become more mindful,  but it's impossible to avoid completely, given the conversational format and number of hosts on the show.

yes.  agreed.  and banned.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on June 05, 2015, 03:22:01 PM
Something to consider boba FETT:

I think it's also important to note that we are not all physically in the same room so there are no visual cues to take from each other to know when someone has finished talking.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 11:04:41 PM
No one has to dig me.  It's all cool.

I have always dug (?) both your posts and your broadcast work on Gabcast.  You will be a great fit with Art on the Open Lines segments and other segments you do.  I'm looking forward to the show!

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on June 05, 2015, 04:40:42 PM
I think it's also important to note that we are not all physically in the same room so there are no visual cues to take from each other to know when someone has finished talking.

We all know why you don't turn your webcam on.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 05, 2015, 05:04:56 PM
We all know why you don't turn your webcam on.

No one needs to see me naked.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on June 05, 2015, 03:05:13 PM
I owe you a bottle. Come collect it you travelin planter.
Careful amigo. We could end up at a Rush concert.

It's just my opinion. If (Redacted) is going up to the big leagues, criticism, constructive or not will be LIFE. This board was created to criticise Noory. I was being honest and I also noted she has potential for success. I don't hear passion, that's why I love Art so much. As for singling her out... She will be on the air with Art, correct? That's why I singled HER out.

aldousburbank

Quote from: boba FETT on June 05, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
It's just my opinion. If (Redacted) is going up to the big leagues, criticism, constructive or not will be LIFE. This board was created to criticise Noory.
Agreed. I could be her biggest fan and I know she'll have all stuff come at her, adulation, criticism, and constructive advice. She knows this and is grateful and honored and embarrassed to some degree, because she does not toot her own horn, and was not hitching for a ride. She was invited to take one. Mostly, as a dude with an ear for good radio and conversational interplay, I believe her natural talent is considerable, her manner entertaining, and she has a great desire and ability to learn. This could not be better imo.

Art_s Farts

I hope the gig works out well. If not, we can blame Dave. He did discover her afterall.

wr250

Quote from: Art_s Farts on June 05, 2015, 06:06:15 PM
I hope the gig works out well. If not, we can blame Dave. He did discover her afterall.
i thought that the_general discovered her

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on June 05, 2015, 06:11:35 PM
i thought that the_general discovered her
But who discovered The General?

eddie dean

Quote from: boba FETT on June 05, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
It's just my opinion. If (Redacted) is going up to the big leagues, criticism, constructive or not will be LIFE. This board was created to criticise Noory. I was being honest and I also noted she has potential for success. I don't hear passion, that's why I love Art so much. As for singling her out... She will be on the air with Art, correct? That's why I singled HER out.

That's fine, &  I agree with the part about her getting criticized more, due to the exposure.  I'm not picking a fight with you or calling you out.  My issue is with the part of your comment about interrupting the callers. It's a byproduct of the show for numerious reasons stated earlier. I dont keep count, but from what I recall, she doesn't interrupt any more than the other hosts do &  honestly, she probably does it far less than the rest of us.

onan

Quote from: eddie dean on June 05, 2015, 06:59:42 PM
she probably does it far less than the rest of us.

That's because she knows her place.

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 10:48:05 PM
I will always live in Jamunda!'s shadow.  He taught me everything I know.   :D

Jah-munda is Jaz' long lost Rasta cousin

How long will it take you to grow a mustache, Redacted?

paladin1991

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 05, 2015, 08:39:38 PM
How long will it take you to grow a mustache, Redacted?
I think that will depend where she grows it..  Pictures or it didn't happen!

Catsmile

I've been pulling for (Redacted) since she was a poster on BellGab.
I've pulled for her to call the GabCast, when she was in chat; and had a cool story to tell. When I heard her voice for the first time, I really pulled for her. She has a great voice. Even now I'm still pulling for (Redacted), whatever may come her way.

Whew! All that pulling has left me with a sore arm and chafed.
(Redacted) if you would be so kind as to send me some nude pics or videos, I'm sure that wood give my pulling a second wind. 

Fappy Pancakes !
8)

Quote from: eddie dean on June 05, 2015, 06:59:42 PM
That's fine, &  I agree with the part of her getting criticized more, due to the exposure.  I'm not picking a fight with you or calling you out.  My issue is with the part of your comment about interrupting the callers. It's a byproduct of the show for numerious reasons stated earlier. I dont keep count, but from what I recall, she doesn't interrupt any more than the other hosts do &  honestly, she probably does it far less than the rest of us.

That's fair and maybe I was unfairly judging her on that particular issue. I appreciate you being straight forward and on point. I also understand the GabCast co-hosts reaction to defend her.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on June 05, 2015, 04:40:42 PM

What? You don't fly first class round trip from Oz each week? I never knew.

Aussie Dave

Has the GAB CAST ever been approached to be on Art and Keith's network? Perhaps they could do some type of show after each Art Bell show discussing that show or even a once a week wrap up of that past week. I believe that could work.

onan

Quote from: Aussie Dave on June 06, 2015, 02:09:52 AM
Has the GAB CAST ever been approached to be on Art and Keith's network? Perhaps they could do some type of show after each Art Bell show discussing that show or even a once a week wrap up of that past week. I believe that could work.

I think Jaz first suggested a regular show or part of a show to discuss recent past MITD shows. I can't speak for the other hosts, but I'm not interested in putting the show on DMN. I like our little niche. The show is really meant for those that use the forum, and they really are part of the GabCast.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on June 06, 2015, 02:24:49 AM
I think Jaz first suggested a regular show or part of a show to discuss recent past MITD shows. I can't speak for the other hosts, but I'm not interested in putting the show on DMN. I like our little niche. The show is really meant for those that use the forum, and they really are part of the GabCast.

Even if I have to get involved in retrospect; speaking to myself..using various dolls and bears to enact the virtual studio (I'm still working on Eddies voice with Edward Bear- WW2 fighter pilot). Work in progress.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2015, 12:52:03 AM

heh heh

WOTR

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 03:43:22 PM
yes.  agreed.  and banned.
That's it.  I'm reporting your overzealous moderation to the owner (I understand that he is less "ban happy."

And... Possibly better suited for a different poster to use in the Falkie thread...

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2015, 12:52:03 AM

The GabCast is every other week.  :P