Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on April 30, 2015, 11:53:06 PM
You've always used the best gifs.

I agree, they crack me up.

paladin1991

Quote from: ge30542 on April 30, 2015, 05:05:55 PM
                   $ 33,780-
Is this the amount offered in the BattyBrooke auction?  MMM, getting too rich for my blood.  but what the hell, put me down for another 10 bux.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 30, 2015, 11:20:28 PM

His own granddaughter found the site while searching for George Noory sucks, and I bet momma Noory feels the same way.
Yep.  Apparently his mom is OK with Dave sucking.  Just "no fuss'n and fight'n!"

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on April 30, 2015, 05:19:15 PM
wow a new dimension of "what da f@#$"...
Oh you got to start fm the beginning.  You just have to.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 30, 2015, 10:29:04 PM
You are a f.....g troll and I can see you are hyped the f..k up. It's great to have you here mother F...er, thanks for being such a big f...ing fan.

Art F...ing Bell
It's supposed to be all caps.............ART FUCKING BELL

CJJames

You are a f.....g troll and I can see you are hyped the f..k up. It's great to have you here mother F...er, thanks for being such a big f...ing fan.

Art F...ing Bell

Just when, after decades of listening to this guy all the way back to when he took over for Lee Pete, I didn't think he could make me smile broader or howl with laughter any louder, he writes this.

Raise the pirate flag over Pahrump, my friend. As Buddy sang, Rave On!

Art F...ing Bell

ks3484

Quote from: sydtron on May 01, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
Shit, piss, cock, cunt, fuck, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits..  Fart, turd, and twat.
Are words never to be used on MITD.   Maybe on the Gabcast.  Lol  oh if George Carlin could see the world now.

I had about 7 or 8 of Carlin's concerts keyed on Netflix after he passed on. I got to number four and then I had to take a break from it. Hours and hours of cursing is a sad sad legacy to leave behind as a remembrance of one's race through this time and space.   :'(

(party on)

onan

Quote from: ks3484 on May 01, 2015, 01:47:42 AM

I had about 7 or 8 of Carlin's concerts keyed on Netflix after he passed on. I got to number four and then I had to take a break from it. Hours and hours of cursing is a sad sad legacy to leave behind as a remembrance of one's race through this time and space.   :'(

I don't understand the disdain for certain words. If I say fun, no threat is conveyed. The same with fuss, fudge, or fund. But the second the consonants c and k are added, the sound becomes offensive. It seems to me the words that should be offensive in concept would be steal, lie, hurt, war, and/or other words that convey real harm. Saying fuck is hardly a bad legacy even saying it 7 times,

Bleefy

Quote from: CantFindTVRemote on April 30, 2015, 11:53:27 PM
Beautiful writing.

Thanks. I try to keep this forum a f....g classy place.

ks3484

Quote from: onan on May 01, 2015, 03:27:26 AM
I don't understand the disdain for certain words. If I say fun, no threat is conveyed. The same with fuss, fudge, or fund. But the second the consonants c and k are added, the sound becomes offensive. It seems to me the words that should be offensive in concept would be steal, lie, hurt, war, and/or other words that convey real harm. Saying fuck is hardly a bad legacy even saying it 7 times,

It seems to me that words come and go with the times in which they are most prevalent. You'd have to spend some time with George to understand more about his wanton use of swear words ( I think that Netflix has most of his concerts). It seems to me that using profanity, of any sort,  and for any reason, is understood to be conditional. Accepting or rejecting profanity is a normative type of social behavior. There is an understanding between those who using it, and those who it is being direct towards. It would seem to me that any type of profanity used within an appropriate context is socially acceptable. But when it is used at an inappropriate time, setting, and context is when there are most likely to be bitter disagreement about the appropriateness of it's use.

Bleefy

Is there a reason why the SCORPION ARMY has taken over my tabs?

jazmunda

Quote from: Bleefy on May 01, 2015, 03:59:38 AM

Is there a reason why the SCORPION ARMY has taken over my tabs?

Ha ha ha. MV you magnificent bastard. War over.

Skunk Ape

Art F...ing Bell

Then all the kids in my class would go "OOOOOHHHHHH!!"

Bunch of little Andrew Dice Clays we were

SredniVashtar

Quote from: onan on May 01, 2015, 03:27:26 AM

I think 'fuck' is a violent-sounding word, with air being forced through at the front of the mouth (I think phoneticians call that a bi-labial fricative, or something) and then the guttural sound of the soft palate being brought in to play at the back. Likewise 'cunt', but more the other way around, with the tongue behind the teeth at the end of the word. Those are the big two, but most of the so-called 'rude' words have a certain violence to them in the way they are produced. I think that's why certain languages can sound inherently violent and sinister (German) while someone could say 'go fuck your mother in the ass' in Italian and it sounds like a lyric poem.

serenity

Art F...ing Bell

dungiven

Art F...ing Bell
What the fuck?!

Ms. C

Quote from: sydtron on May 01, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
Shit, piss, cock, cunt, fuck, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits..  Fart, turd, and twat.
Are words never to be used on MITD.   Maybe on the Gabcast.  Lol  oh if George Carlin could see the world now.

oh the heck with George Carlin .... if only Lenny Bruce (who really paved the way for open language) could see the world now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_Bruce

Leonard Alfred Schneider (October 13, 1925 â€" August 3, 1966), better known by his stage name Lenny Bruce, was an American stand-up comedian, social critic and satirist. He was renowned for his open, free-style and critical form of comedy which integrated satire, politics, religion, sex, and vulgarity  His 1964 conviction in an obscenity trial was followed by a posthumous pardon, the first in New York State history, by then-Governor George Pataki in 2003. He paved the way for future outspoken counterculture-era comedians, and his trial for obscenity is seen as a landmark for freedom of speech in the United States.

Paradox

Quote from: Ms. C on May 01, 2015, 05:25:28 AM
oh the heck with George Carlin .... if only Lenny Bruce (who really paved the way for open language) could see the world now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_Bruce

Leonard Alfred Schneider (October 13, 1925 â€" August 3, 1966), better known by his stage name Lenny Bruce, was an American stand-up comedian, social critic and satirist. He was renowned for his open, free-style and critical form of comedy which integrated satire, politics, religion, sex, and vulgarity  His 1964 conviction in an obscenity trial was followed by a posthumous pardon, the first in New York State history, by then-Governor George Pataki in 2003. He paved the way for future outspoken counterculture-era comedians, and his trial for obscenity is seen as a landmark for freedom of speech in the United States.
Yes Ma'am.  So I raise my glass in a toast to Lenny Bruce, George Carlin and Bill Hicks.  May they Rest In Peace playing the Heavenly Comedy Club nightly.

Coz

Art F...ing Bell

Art, we try to keep the forum "family friendly".

Alienmojo

Quote from: Coz on May 01, 2015, 05:35:54 AM
Again with the negative waves baby.

Alienmojo

I'm just so excited for this year's Spooky Matter Desert Thingy whatchamacallit. :)  I know it's early... but what the hell.

Alienmojo

Hey Art, so instead of "Roswells" are we gonna do "Desert Moons"?

Alienmojo

Coz, I love your Oddball avatar. Such a good movie. :)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Art Bell on April 30, 2015, 10:45:04 AM
Also what was romantic for them a decade ago might just be something that irritates them now.

Art

Are we talking about women or radio sir? ;)

inuk2600

Coz

Quote from: Alienmojo on May 01, 2015, 05:45:13 AM
Again with the negative waves baby.

Whatever you say baby...

inuk2600

Quote from: Coz on May 01, 2015, 05:35:54 AM

Yes, we wouldn't want MV's "Martha Noory" avatar to come in here and say "Oh my!"

wr250