• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DocHolliday

Quote from: MV on April 29, 2015, 10:45:11 PM
the last radio station i worked at had an atrocious method of monitoring air in your headphones, so i got fed up, brought in my sangean ats-909 shortwave radio, and plugged in my phones.  wonderful.  however, when I quit that job, I forgot to take my radio with me (although at this point, everybody was using it).  maybe i'll call the station and see if they still have it.  or, maybe i'll just call the ccrane company and order another... and you can, too.  just call bob crane in the morning at 1-800-522-8863... that's 1-800-522-8863, and tell them you want the sangean ats-909 that MV talks about.  they'll know just what to do with you.  it's a fantastic radio, and you'll love it.  call 1-800-522-8863.  that's 1-800-522-8863.  the ccrane company.

*waits patiently for a Carnivora pitch*

Disheartened

Quote from: Art Bell on April 29, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
Hey guys here is a kick for you, remember I told you a 100,000 watt station wanted to carry the show? Well I called them tonight and said I can't hear it on 5.085. Well they said wait a moment and threw the switch and Paul recorded this!!

http://2330.com/WTWW.mp3

Art

That's really cool Art. I'll have to fire up the shortwave and see if I can receive it. Are you seriously considering letting them carry the show?

coaster

Hey guys here is a kick for you, remember I told you a 100,000 watt station wanted to carry the show? Well I called them tonight and said I can't hear it on 5.085. Well they said wait a moment and threw the switch and Paul recorded this!!

Art
cool indeed

nextgen.fm

the last radio station i worked at had an atrocious method of monitoring air in your headphones, so i got fed up, brought in my sangean ats-909 shortwave radio, and plugged in my phones.  wonderful.  however, when I quit that job, I forgot to take my radio with me (although at this point, everybody was using it).  maybe i'll call the station and see if they still have it.  or, maybe i'll just call the ccrane company and order another... and you can, too.  just call bob crane in the morning at 1-800-522-8863... that's 1-800-522-8863, and tell them you want the sangean ats-909 that MV talks about.  they'll know just what to do with you.  it's a fantastic radio, and you'll love it.  call 1-800-522-8863.  that's 1-800-522-8863.  the ccrane company.

;D ;D  nothing like running out to your car to make sure you are still on the air/sound is coming out LOL

WhiteCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 29, 2015, 10:36:39 PM
Thank God.  Its been a nice peaceful 24 hours. Keep it up.

Although I like a 'short' breather once it awhile, it's the conflict and drama that that keeps me tuned in.
Today at work I didn't go out for lunch. My lunch was a diet coke and Bellgab. Bad move on my part,
since most of my lunches are Business related. Bellgab is designed to not make me money.

lonevoice

i got fed up, brought in my sangean ats-909 shortwave radio, and plugged in my phones.  wonderful.  however, when I quit that job, I forgot to take my radio with me (although at this point, everybody was using it).  maybe i'll call the station and see if they still have it.  or, maybe i'll just call the ccrane company and order another
That's awesome, MV  ;D  I think that's the same Sangean I got from Bob Crane.  Honestly, Art made all of his commercials sound so good, it almost felt like I should have Doctor Tapliski's Prostate Formula.  And that's just weird.   8)

Is there a way someone could stream Art LIVE show over the radio, in their immediate area if they wanted too? I am thinking a few miles or so Wold not want to get noticed by the wrong people.

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 29, 2015, 11:27:11 PM
Is there a way someone could stream Art LIVE show over the radio, in their immediate area if they wanted too? I am thinking a few miles or so Wold not want to get noticed by the wrong people.
You could use one of those low power FM transmitter devices, I think on the internet they give tips on boosting the power, but probably not a range in miles, more like a few hundred feet for around the house.

C.Crane has a model, the Digital FM Transmitter-2:
http://www.ccrane.com/!PX-28gVR7nAbv3Vfvr3grA!/transmitter

WhiteCrow

Art

Nice Mr. Bell that you got a shout-out on some obscure staticky Ham radio station... Since I donated to Falkie's gas fund, he promised me a shout-out on his upcoming interweb youtube interview with Dave.
How much will the shout-out fee be for Midnight in the Desert? 

Quote from: Morgus on April 29, 2015, 11:29:24 PM
You could use one of those low power FM transmitter devices, I think on the internet they give tips on boosting the power, but probably not a range in miles, more like a few hundred feet for around the house.
I thought of that too. Around the house would be good. But putting it on so the neighbors could hear if they tuned in would be cool too.

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 29, 2015, 11:31:09 PM
I thought of that too. Around the house would be good. But putting it on so the neighbors could hear if they tuned in would be cool too.
Maybe a next door neighbor could pick it up thru a window.

phrodo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 29, 2015, 11:31:09 PM

With the proper antenna , properly located ..  (and mods) you can get a mile or two .. or three (or more  ;) )  out of those.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: phrodo on April 29, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
With the proper antenna , properly located ..  (and mods) you can get a mile or two .. or three out of those.

those are fun :)

phrodo

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 29, 2015, 11:36:18 PM
those are fun :)

Yep - whatever ya do ... don't  ;) and I repeat - don't   ;)  put an "illegal" amplifier on it...  ;) that would be indeed be "illegal" ..  8)

Quote from: phrodo on April 29, 2015, 11:41:24 PM
Yep - whatever ya do ... don't  ;) and I repeat - don't   ;)  put an "illegal" amplifier on it...  ;) that would be indeed be "illegal" ..  8)

And definitely don't Google "illegal amplifier" and absolutely don't click on any of the hundreds of results that give step by step directions, nor the instructional Youtube videos for those who are more visual.

Khameleon808

Quote from: Art Bell on April 29, 2015, 07:49:22 PM
Piracy: Let me say again that if somebody ran our Stream live same time as we were doing it from some Country, some Stan or another they would just be saving us bandwidth, but if they did it at any other time that would cost us money or if they put the Podcast up that would cost us money.

In the first case of course it would be wrong but not a darn thing we could do, right?

In the other cases like UTube, well that has to be stepped on.

I totally agree. And I think that's I was trying to say but couldn't form the right sentences. For those that are interested, I treat it like any drug dealer would. Ill let you listen to one or two shows but after that if you want more, get the same boat as me.  Luckily the few people I've exposed your show too, are more than happy to subscribe/donate.   The days of grassroots bootlegs that I was referring too are long gone.  As far as youtube goes, I also have had people domestically, as well in other countries reupload my videos.  Not only did they leave out the credits, they pretty much took credit for it. And in a certain case, even got a person a raise at their current job by passing my work off as theirs.   So I am 100% behind you when I say people uploading full works to youtube is unacceptable. I like to get a good list together first then hit them all at once.   I used to feel guilty about it cause they would tell me "they were just tryin to get my work out there."  But as you put, there has to be a line drawn. It was starting to fracture my audience and potential views. Even people who were nice enough to give credit still had to have their uploads taken down.   

Just wanted to clear that up that we are of like minds on the matter. Cant wait till July good sir!  And I will use everything in my disposal to help promote/support the program!

PrairieGhost

After Hours AM on Dark Matter Network is really good right now.

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on April 29, 2015, 07:49:22 PM
Piracy: Let me say again that if somebody ran our Stream live same time as we were doing it from some Country, some Stan or another they would just be saving us bandwidth, but if they did it at any other time that would cost us money or if they put the Podcast up that would cost us money.

In the first case of course it would be wrong but not a darn thing we could do, right?

In the other cases like UTube, well that has to be stepped on.

BTW Just heard from a 100,000 watt short wave station on 5085 that would like to carry the show, now that might be fun!

Art
First off, I need to get down to my radio and see if I can pick that sucker up on it.  Being a WWII set it has several shortwave settings and I have 100' of antenna attached to it...  If I can pick that up I will not miss AM at all (I will be able to choose the ultra high quality "broadcast" to my computer or other nights the nostalgic behemoth of a radio sitting in the basement.)  Best news yet!

I think the major difference between your show (or Sony recordings) and Kiren Strange (or the other hundred thousand acts) posting to youtube is name recognition.  They are doing it for the exposure that is needed... You already have that and will see no benefit from it.  The other difference being that she controls her channel and what is posted vs. a pirate profiting from it.

I think I have posted elsewhere that with the name you already have that you almost need to try to kill piracy where you can (youtube and the likes) and minimize it where you can.  People will always be able to find it if they spend the time- but if you can make it so that they have to spend hours searching it may just be worth the $5 / month to grab it quickly and easily.

akwilly

I don't know much about short wave radios but if I got one like c crane is selling could i just turn it on and get art here in alaska or would I need to build a freakin antenna

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on April 30, 2015, 12:31:03 AM
I don't know much about short wave radios but if I got one like c crane is selling could i just turn it on and get art here in alaska or would I need to build a freakin antenna

I recall the ats-909 had exceptional reception, and it came with a windable wire antenna.

qaddisin

PrairieGhost

Quote from: MV on April 30, 2015, 12:39:47 AM
I recall the ats-909 had exceptional reception, and it came with a windable wire antenna.

Khameleon808

Quote from: qaddisin on April 30, 2015, 12:41:45 AM

It's sardo numsey!!   Havent seen that movie in so long, thank you :)

ge30542

Don't forget to use promo code "Noory" at checkout!

Paradox

Quote from: ge30542 on April 30, 2015, 01:10:29 AM
Don't forget to use promo code "Noory" at checkout!
Is this something I should report?   :P

ge30542

Quote from: Paradox on April 30, 2015, 01:12:39 AM
Is this something I should report?   :P
Just kidding

Art Bell

I truly marvel at people, I say I will give you astounding audio in Stereo on the Internet, then many complain, oh but I will miss the crackle and fade of Am Radio, then I do a brief demonstration of one high power Shortwave station that covers the entire World with one signal and people say... And thats supposed to sound good? Jeez

Art

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Art Bell on April 30, 2015, 01:15:55 AM
I truly marvel at people, I say I will give you astounding audio in Stereo on the Internet, then many complain, oh but I will miss the crackle and fade of Am Radio, then I do a brief demonstration of one high power Shortwave station that covers the entire World with one signal and people say... And thats supposed to sound good? Jeez

Art

Being on shortwave is awesome. Some people can never be satisfied.

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on April 30, 2015, 01:15:55 AM

Art
People are idiots Art. You know that. White Crow is a moron. He has proven it time and time again.

PrairieGhost

I personally can't wait to hear your show in AAC V2. It's going to sound amazing.