• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 11:39:13 AM
So, are you the answer to the trivia question:

“Who was the last person to conduct a live interview with Art Bell?”

Quote from: mv on April 14, 2018, 06:12:21 PM
No, I think Curtis and Jazmunda did after me.

I was hoping that it could have been Diamond and Silk.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 15, 2018, 02:38:59 AM

PBS!  Lonevoice....man, a lot of folks checking in.  Sad that it is this that brigs us back together.

I haven't seen onan, though. Hope he's OK.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Up All Night on April 15, 2018, 02:42:15 AM
I was hoping that it could have been Diamond and Silk.

Are you saying that rules out Curtis and Jaz?

Catsmile

Quote from: SnapT on April 15, 2018, 12:59:30 AM
Heather is giving Noory shit on Facebook for announcing Art's death on C2C before the family did.  Yowsa.

No matter what plans or intentions Keith & Heather had good or bad about keeping Arts death private. "Professional" figures behaving like this after the cat is outta the bag, is simply seen as bad form. Possibly over an honest miscommunication between the police and Arts wife, whose 3rd or 4th language is English. The police might have waited as long as they could before releasing the information. Without it looking like they were withholding information from the public, whom they serve, not Keith, Heather, or Irene. Seems like Keith and Heather are continuing the tradition of poor decision making Art fostered within MitD and DMDN.

From the outside looking in their VERY public outcry could be seen as Keith & Heather carrying the torch of sycophancy. Not only for a dead man, but also for the living woman, who now holds the purse strings. A dynamic duo flailing away in the dark. Desperately trying to secure their respective futures.

Firstborn

Rest in pease Art, thanks for the ride

Up All Night

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2018, 12:39:11 PM
;D That's OK.  MV doesn't know who he is, either. ;)

Then that's some really deep cover.  :o

Up All Night

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 14, 2018, 12:42:38 PM
He had COPD.

Yes, it felt like both George & Heather were sitting on his chest.  :P

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 01:15:41 PM
Who has the gonads to break out the ouija board?

All lie down in a circle holding hands.

We did it on the night that Judy Garland died.

Up All Night

Quote from: awguy on April 14, 2018, 01:28:48 PM
It could have been anything really. My father died back in October at 70 and he was in pretty good health. It was very sudden and unexpected.

My father, an airline pilot, would tell the story of how, after a required physical and stress test, where they checked out A-OK, that occasionally, some pilots would just drop dead within a couple of days of a heart attack.

Quote from: Firstborn on April 15, 2018, 03:04:50 AM
Rest in pease Art, thanks for the ride

Indeed. Thank you for a great ride, Great One.

God bless Art and all his family and loved ones. Especially little Asia, who must be devastated about her daddy being gone. Damn. So sad.

Juan

According to Connie Willis, sNoory himself is preparing the Coast tribute show. I can just see George and Tommy in the dusty Cheap Channel basement, pulling down reels of audio tape, putting them on a seldom used machine, finding gems and digitizing, editing and enhancing Art’s words for broadcast. Can’t you?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on April 15, 2018, 03:27:35 AM
According to Connie Willis, sNoory himself is preparing the Coast tribute show. I can just see George and Tommy in the dusty Cheap Channel basement, pulling down reels of audio tape, putting them on a seldom used machine, finding gems and digitizing, editing and enhancing Art’s words for broadcast. Can’t you?
They would be better off just doing a week of “the Best of the BellPhiles”

Up All Night

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 14, 2018, 04:30:20 PM
Fair enough.  I meant that perhaps he felt unwell before his death.  Perhaps whatever killed him didn't happen suddenly.

My older brother-in-law had his breakfast prepared for him, as usual, by his wife, and he said he felt tired, and went to lie down. He never got back up. Just like that.

Epaphroditus

Phil Hendrie announced Art Bell week starting this evening via Twitter .

As for Heather , I have no interest in her crying on air over Art as she did for that fucking loser Chris Cornell .

Pahrump Pd failed , they simply could have said announcement pending while family is notified as apparently the widow had asked for .

Up All Night

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 14, 2018, 05:22:11 PM
Has the appropriate amount of time passed before asking Ayrin out yet? What's her favorite Vegas restaurant?

No, but Marilou Danley is available to call...

Up All Night

Quote from: trostol on April 14, 2018, 05:28:53 PM
pretty sure Art would want everyone to have a party and not be sad

so in his honor..first drink is to him

Some can be sad and melancholy without even taking a drink.

Party later.

There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Epaphroditus on April 15, 2018, 03:48:27 AM
As for Heather , I have no interest in her crying on air over Art as she did for that fucking loser Chris Cornell .

she cried over chris cornell?

MV/Liberace!

I wish everyone would send similar messages to Noory and others at the network.  Via Twitter/FB/BG... doesn't matter.  Put the pressure on.  They should open up that archive. 

I'm tired of douche bag cunts who brag about the shows they "own" while gleefully informing everyone they won't be sharing (as if they'd "lose" something in doing so).

ItsOver

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 15, 2018, 12:24:26 AM

Heather Wade.  The Alexander Haig of the Bell Compound.

jazmunda

Quote from: mv on April 15, 2018, 04:31:34 AM
I wish everyone would send similar messages to Noory and others at the network.  Via Twitter/FB/BG... doesn't matter.  Put the pressure on.  They should open up that archive. 

I'm tired of douche bag cunts who brag about the shows they "own" while gleefully informing everyone they won't be sharing (as if they'd "lose" something in doing so).

I can't imagine they would release them for free. Having said that I can't see them releasing them for money either. Even SIT which you could only access via a paid subscription was only available as a stream so you couldn't download them (unless you know how).

jazmunda

Also please post the reply, if any, from Dave.

Up All Night

Quote from: chefist on April 14, 2018, 11:02:20 PM
Don't really know this guy...but his monologue on Art is pretty good...

https://youtu.be/Pw8N9iJxlQc

Sam Roberts is associated with Anthony Cumia, whom I respect, and, crazy man Jim Norton.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on April 15, 2018, 04:39:56 AM
Also please post the reply, if any, from Dave.
"Get a life, loser?"  ;)

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on April 15, 2018, 04:39:19 AM
I can't imagine they would release them for free. Having said that I can't see them releasing them for money either. Even SIT which you could only access via a paid subscription was only available as a stream so you couldn't download them (unless you know how).

Can we haz #FreeArtBell nao? 

#FreeArtBell

Entendrez wiffin entendrez <mobius strip emoji>

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 04:43:39 AM
"Get a life, loser?"  ;)

Punchyouwayshun an spelin iz rong, ha8ter

Up All Night

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 15, 2018, 12:24:26 AM

Anyone know if Art had previously stated what his preference was to be after dying, ie to be buried, or to be cremated with instructions of where to scatter the ashes...

Up All Night

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2018, 11:27:32 PM
I had to turn it off after a few minutes. The crazy thing is getting a little cliche now and the people who usually have that take are the straight laced ones he first mentioned who wouldn't want to stay up late listening to a radio show anyway. Still, he has to try to let us know that he's not one of those people. Oh, really?! Goodbye then! Total FAIL! :D

Solo, he's really unlistenable...

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 04:43:39 AM
"Get a life, loser?"  ;)

Jorch is the smiling assassin. He'll tell MV to go Fuck himself nicely.

MV would you delete the GNS thread if they released the archive?