• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 15, 2018, 04:35:54 PM
I can’t believe I am defending Noory. But it was all over twitter before the announcement. Hell on bellgab people were upset George wasn’t saying anything. The sheriffs department had made the announcement.

I believe Heathers intentions are good I don’t think she was trying to monitise the announcement. But as the sheriffs department said they have to announce it.

Yeah same here

We have come full circle

Kolchak

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 15, 2018, 04:35:54 PM
I believe Heathers intentions are good I don’t think she was trying to monitise the announcement.

I believe they are as well. But teasing that she'll tell the real story when she returns to air rubs me the wrong way. If that real story involves Keith and the family trying to broker restraint from the Sheriff's office, I really don't care. I'd rather have the program just be dedicated to remembering Art.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2018, 04:09:53 PM
It wasn't a conspiracy theory. Chef just got confused by the sheer amount of Art Bell threads now.  ;D
Can Art keep dying so I don't have to see Falkie and Donald Trump threads?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 04:46:01 PM
Can Art keep dying so I don't have to see Falkie and Donald Trump threads?

No.

ItsTelly

"I will tell the REAL story." - Heather Wade

What could this possibly be? He didn't die; he was abducted?

As others have said, I'm not a Noory fan but once Nye County made the announcement, he had to say something.  If not, folks would have criticized him for ignoring Art's death.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Telly

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 15, 2018, 04:47:52 PM
"I will tell the REAL story." - Heather Wade

What could this possibly be? He didn't die; he was abducted?

As others have said, I'm not a Noory fan but once Nye County made the announcement, he had to say something.  If not, folks would have criticized him for ignoring Art's death.

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Telly

It’s not his fault Heather took the night off and Keith scheduled a replay “due to unforeseen circumstances “.

If I wasn’t done listening before, I am now.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 12:41:50 AM
I fully expect the GIS folks to get a scratchy recording...

“Turn down your device”

heh heh

Welp. :(

Hope Yeti, Abby Dos, Comet, et al were there to meet him on the other side.

...not sure about Ramona - if my husband marries a 22-year old after I'm gone I might kick his ass once he gets to the other side.

RIP Art. My husband said he was a friend we invited into our house every night on C2C nights. Very true.

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 12:41:50 AM
I fully expect the GIS folks to get a scratchy recording...

“Turn down your device”

Some people are already trying to capitalize on that. Gotta grab that sweet adsense revenue before the man is buried.

https://youtu.be/jRTxLrhIk7U

chefist

Quote from: Catsmile on April 15, 2018, 04:57:22 PM
Nope. Pizza rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1914eEHOZPw

I wish Coaster was there yesterday...very talented and funny guy...

hitfan

Quote from: Morgus on April 15, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
Postings from Heather's facebook:

Ouch.  Well, I for one think that it was totally apt and appropriate for George Noory to announce Art Bell’s death after it was more or less public information.

I know this forum was originally the George Noory haters club, but in fairness to George, I think he has improved over the past few years. 

The problem is that Noory and all of those who tried to succeed Art Bell are not Art Bell.  He is a once in a generation talent that cannot be replaced.

Heather and Keith are lashing out and from my perspective, I wouldn’t be doing that.  But they were close to Art Bell and dedicated a lot of their time to his legacy these past few years.  The death of a loved one tends to bring out a lot of raw emotions and I’ve seen the best and worst come out in these  situations. We all grieve differently.

I was one of those people who was disappointed when Art Bell stopped doing Midnight in the Desert.  And I did express skepticism about the stalker incident here.  With his death, I now feel badly about that.  In fairness, I was a fan and I wanted Art Bell to keep doing his show forever.

RIP.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 15, 2018, 04:18:36 PM
I stopped following Art on FB after he went off of the proverbial deep end, but that didn’t stop me from listening to his old shows, OR from coming here to commiserate with the rest of you. He obviously brought a bunch of fruits and nuts from all walks of life to the same radio program. Whether you support Trump or no, we’ve all got this/him (AB)  in common.

That's a nice sentiment and it would be nice if we could get along.  As you can see here, Trumpers are ugly, angry, individuals who seemingly are/have been getting their ass kicked by life.  Too bad Art chose to align himself with that crowd, especially since he's been so fortunate in his career and most Trumpers are just bitter losers.  So it goes...

Tinfoil_Helm

Sad to see Heather and Keith try and capitalize off Art's death.  And do so under the auspices that they were wronged by not being able to "break" the news.  And fuck anyone from the "adore Heather" crowd that cheered her bullshit on.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 15, 2018, 05:19:19 PM
ugly, angry, individuals who seemingly are/have been getting their ass kicked by life.

An apt self-description, leaf! ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 15, 2018, 05:21:51 PM
Sad to see Heather and Keith try and capitalize off Art's death.  And do so under the auspices that they were wronged by not being able to "break" the news.  And fuck anyone from the "adore Heather" crowd that cheered her bullshit on.

If only we could capitalize on your death.  :D

chefist

We played 5 hours of content yesterday...so many songs...so many memories...here is a base playlist...we added more!

https://open.spotify.com/user/danb74/playlist/2oFRBYI77D7mO3FDlaHA7j?si=O-u1qplFQRix7VPM-Wzrng

Quote from: TheManWhoFellToEarth on April 15, 2018, 12:54:25 PM
Whitley said he died peacefully in his sleep which implies that. I'm not sure Whitley has his facts straight though. He also claimed Ramona was Art's first wife. Not true. She wasn't even #2.

When has Whitley ever had his facts straight?  When has it ever mattered to him?  Can he even tell reality from fantasy?

AppealPlay

I can confirm the 'ultimate' collection clocks in at over 66 gigabytes.

chefist

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 15, 2018, 05:34:16 PM

Yes...

ItsOver

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 15, 2018, 04:47:52 PM
"I will tell the REAL story." - Heather Wade...

Telly
It's called a tease, in radio.  Lead the listener on and then deliver nothing of real substance.  You know.  Like a HW phone sex session.

hitfan

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on April 15, 2018, 03:33:54 PM
Thanks for sharing.  Kinda weird/sad that Art turned into a Trumper at the end since it flies in the face of his career spent as a critical thinking skeptic.  Old age gets us all, I s'pose.

If he supported Hillary, I’m certain you’d be singing his praises.

It shouldn’t surprise anybody that he was in the Trump camp.  He was cheering for Pat Buchanan back in 1996.

But still, Art Bell was a social moderate and believed in Global Warming so you liberals can find solace in that ;)

Element 115

Quote from: AppealPlay on April 15, 2018, 05:34:16 PM

On my end, it's 62GB including the Extras folder.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Element 115 on April 15, 2018, 05:45:45 PM

Do you have a link?

trostol

imma take it that HW and Keith are just..upset/distraught that their friend has passed on ans are lashing out in their grief..but they both sound like they are becoming vastly unhinged

Element 115

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2018, 05:46:08 PM
Do you have a link?

Yes I do, I can send you the magnet link in a message, not in main thread.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Element 115 on April 15, 2018, 05:46:52 PM
Yes I do, I can send you the magnet link in a message, not in main thread.

Sure. PM it to me. Thanks. :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ItsOver on April 15, 2018, 05:38:10 PM
It's called a tease, in radio.  Lead the listener on and then deliver nothing of real substance.  You know.  Like a HW phone sex session.
Ew.

In other news,

R. Lee Ermey, a Golden Globe-nominated actor best known for his role as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, has died.

Ermey, whose nickname was "The Gunny," died Sunday morning from complications of pneumonia. He was 74.

Element 115

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2018, 05:46:08 PM
Do you have a link?

It also included when Art called into Gabcast in November 2013.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Element 115 on April 15, 2018, 05:45:45 PM

We might have different versions.  I believe the vanilla ultimate collection is slightly larger than this as I think I deleted a few duplicates and one or two shows with extremely shitty audio quality.