George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on December 03, 2020, 10:18:46 AM
Thanks for being our guinea pig.
We’ll also get to find out if Corona Chan vaccines impact the appreciation of Dave Norway music.     

last night was a beauty, i only half listen, maybe a quarter listen so a lot of the time I don't know who the guest is or what their shtick/expertise is. the guest who I think is named Peter is talking about climate change and told George that he has traveled to Iceland or wherever and has seen the retreating glacial ice. Noory always quick to add some bit of useless commentary explained to the guest and audience 'And those glaciers don't just come back when it's winter'  ........ then he continues on his witless way and adds 'SOME PEOPLE say sea levels are going to rise. What do yeeeew think Peter?' He said it like this was some kind of debatable point or a conspiracy theory. Regardless of whether you think climate change is caused by humans or not even a child knows that when glaciers melt sea levels rise - we only have tens of thousands of years of evidence.

'SOME PEOPLE say the Earth is round. What do yeeeeew think Neil de Grass Tyson?'

'SOME PEOPLE say the sun is the center of the solar system. What do yeeeew think Galileo?'

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 03, 2020, 05:23:02 PM
last night was a beauty, i only half listen, maybe a quarter listen so a lot of the time I don't know who the guest is or what their shtick/expertise is. the guest who I think is named Peter is talking about climate change and told George that he has traveled to Iceland or wherever and has seen the retreating glacial ice. Noory always quick to add some bit of useless commentary explained to the guest and audience 'And those glaciers don't just come back when it's winter'  ........ then he continues on his witless way and adds 'SOME PEOPLE say sea levels are going to rise. What do yeeeew think Peter?' He said it like this was some kind of debatable point or a conspiracy theory. Regardless of whether you think climate change is caused by humans or not even a child knows that when glaciers melt sea levels rise - we only have tens of thousands of years of evidence.

'SOME PEOPLE say the Earth is round. What do yeeeeew think Neil de Grass Tyson?'

'SOME PEOPLE say the sun is the center of the solar system. What do yeeeew think Galileo?'
It was sort of funny to hear Dave Norway back-track on his whole 'global warming is a scam' thing, though he did try to just to dispute 'human caused.' I was hoping he would ask Prof. Ward about Norway's theory about abiotic oil.

The other night with the Woo "PAX" ladies it sounded like Norway was trying to set up a menage-a-trois with them. "I'm going to keep you on the line while I talk to her and you can chime in." Creepy. Especially after his chuckling over a caller's descriptions of drug-fueled trantic sex during the drug guest- so much for a "family show." I hope Mama Norry wasn't listening! Drugs and S-E-X!?!

another night of scintillating radio. i love when his mind can't come up with anything  the ol' primordial lizard brain takes over and he asks the guest 'How many books have you written?' and 'Which one is your favorite?' or 'How do you do what you do?' or 'How did you get started in this?'.  Like Mr. Rodgers doing an interview,  he had a reason for his simplicity, his viewers were 4 years old. Noory's mind is that of a 4 year old.

incredible that this passes for an interview on national radio.

the endless cycling of woo ladies is pathetic, no way does the audience want this crap, it's just pure laziness on Noory and Danheiser's parts.

Morgus

Cornelius just called into Noory and Noory finally said he would try to request a pardon from Trump for him since time is growing short...

Ciardelo

And of course MtM has a couple of comments if sNoory has time. Of course!

Ciardelo

Good news everybody!

George plans to DIE ON THE AIR. :o

;D

klaatu2

George said that he would never retire and that he wanted it to work out such that death would come while he was on the air. Exactly how serious he was I do not know.

albrecht

Cleaning up some fallen branches and cleaning the gutter and listened to most of Thursday's show. The woo lady was something. I swear Dave Norway used the Norry Soundboard. He asked -word for word- and same intonation the question about a dream "running and running." His quote can be found on the youtube 'best of'. And she replied same as the guest did back then and Norway retorted the SAME way "you know running and running but not going anywhere." (Or something like that.) It is amaazing. He also annouced "FEB" when doing someone's birthday so the woo guest could read her.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2020, 10:00:12 AM
Cleaning up some fallen branches and cleaning the gutter and listened to most of Thursday's show. The woo lady was something. I swear Dave Norway used the Norry Soundboard. He asked -word for word- and same intonation the question about a dream "running and running." His quote can be found on the youtube 'best of'. And she replied same as the guest did back then and Norway retorted the SAME way "you know running and running but not going anywhere." (Or something like that.) It is amaazing. He also annouced "FEB" when doing someone's birthday so the woo guest could read her.

“2020 has been a bad year, what with all of my cancelled city invasions, but, garsh, it’s going so fast!  It’ll be Feb before yeeewww know it!”

aldousburbank

What’s so funny about this is that there’s no way to tell if it’s parody. What so pathetic about this is I really want to know.
#possiblefulltard

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 05, 2020, 01:59:37 PM
What’s so funny about this is that there’s no way to tell if it’s parody. What so pathetic about this is I really want to know.
#possiblefulltard
I would laugh and support if it turns out it is a parody or that sometimes he does use the Norry Soundboard during a guest's Q&A but I'm thinking your hashtag is more likely. 

Btw I was wondering if you were gonna call in. If you haven't listened the guest was ok but the questions were bad. And you can just skip the 2nd half entirely, unless you are really, really bored. The recent Rogan Show with Alex Jones psychedelic discussions were more funny as was Rogan's idea to put the politicians in his isolation tank and give them mushrooms.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2020-12-01-show/

albrecht

Typical Dave Norway on Friday. Ducked out early from Open Lines and went to a lame replay, in this case, psychic Carr about Houdini. I hope Mr.Norway enjoyed his turkee sammich.

On the good side I see that the Christmas lights I put up can handle the rain, at least a light rain, I likely over-think but I wrap junctions with electrical tape.

Aspic3

Saturday night with Lee Cigar.

Something about the ancient Toltec people, then a psychiatrist who "will present examples of counterintuitive success, revealing benefits of adding deliberate and regular unfocusing to your repertoire."

pate

Quote from: Aspic3 on December 05, 2020, 11:49:37 PM
Saturday night with Lee Cigar.

Something about the ancient Toltec people, then a psychiatrist who "will present examples of counterintuitive success, revealing benefits of adding deliberate and regular unfocusing to your repertoire."

When I see the Toltecs mentioned I always think of Battlestar Galactica (original):

https://youtu.be/8hrd767Xzfk

-p

Juan

Is Beth Mowins the George Noory of NFL play-by-play announcers, or is that an insult to Mr. sNorway?

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2020, 05:21:54 PM
Typical Dave Norway on Friday. Ducked out early from Open Lines and went to a lame replay, in this case, psychic Carr about Houdini. I hope Mr.Norway enjoyed his turkee sammich.

On the good side I see that the Christmas lights I put up can handle the rain, at least a light rain, I likely over-think but I wrap junctions with electrical tape.

Well you don’t want them so tight that you keep rain in.

Did you add a drip relief?

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on December 06, 2020, 02:51:24 PM
Is Beth Mowins the George Noory of NFL play-by-play announcers, or is that an insult to Mr. sNorway?
Ha!  She’s doing the NFL?  She used to be the worst college football announcer.  Gads, that voice alone makes me cringe.  Yeah, Dave Norway should feel greatly insulted.

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 10, 2018, 11:41:59 PM
George made one of his strangest remarks ever last night in response to an open lines caller (Nancy) who asked him to comment on Robert Wagner being named a person of interest in the death of Natalie Wood.  He talked about how he couldn't comment on an open, on-going investigation, then what a tragedy her death had been.  He closed the call by saying Natalie Wood was "a tremendous growth."

What the Hell was that suppose to mean?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 10, 2018, 11:44:55 PM
Sounds like a case of mush mouth.

This feels like it happened yesterday.  I remember going through the replay very well.
The night Norway (or is is Swedish Girl) called Natalie Wood a tumor.  Ha.

Jojo

I read the comics today & there was mention of Miracle on 34th St, which I was not familiar with.  When I looked it up, it had Natalie Wood in it.  Knowing that Norway (Swedish Girl) has called Natalie Wood a great growth (or tumor), I revisited a lot of Natalie Wood today in a couple hours of my life that I can never. get. back.  All because of Noway (Swedish Girl) constantly talking about sex symbols.  Anyhow.

Well.  I have a theory.  Maybe some entirely unknown person didn't like Hollywood producing movies about covert military technology, such as the one Natalie Wood was then working on with .  She died, very bruised, yet the medical examiner did not check for a head injury.  Hmmm.  That's odd.  I wonder if someone paid him not to, or threatened him.  I wonder if her death was a "message" to Hollywood to not disclose top secret technologies.

Some 3rd party or group could have been monitoring the Brainstorm movie production in order to look for an opportunistic kill.  And the night of drunken arguing, those who conspired had the perfect cover for a murder because those who knew Natalie would be suspects.  And, as a bonus for them, no one even remembers the movie & the covert technology mentioned, because her death overshadowed it.  Even though it was quite a success.

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on December 06, 2020, 10:02:38 PM
I read the comics today & there was mention of Miracle on 34th St, which I was not familiar with.  When I looked it up, it had Natalie Wood in it.  Knowing that Norway (Swedish Girl) has called Natalie Wood a great growth (or tumor), I revisited a lot of Natalie Wood today in a couple hours of my life that I can never. get. back.  All because of Noway (Swedish Girl) constantly talking about sex symbols.  Anyhow.

Well.  I have a theory.  Maybe some entirely unknown person didn't like Hollywood producing movies about covert military technology, such as the one Natalie Wood was then working on with .  She died, very bruised, yet the medical examiner did not check for a head injury.  Hmmm.  That's odd.  I wonder if someone paid him not to, or threatened him.  I wonder if her death was a "message" to Hollywood to not disclose top secret technologies.

Some 3rd party or group could have been monitoring the Brainstorm movie production in order to look for an opportunistic kill.  And the night of drunken arguing, those who conspired had the perfect cover for a murder because those who knew Natalie would be suspects.  And, as a bonus for them, no one even remembers the movie & the covert technology mentioned, because her death overshadowed it.  Even though it was quite a success.
You have never seen "Miracle on 34th Street?"  :( Check it out. Not the colorized version that Turner redid but the original. A great movie, and one of the best Christmas movies. Many great actors and also an, albeit comedic, indictment of our politics and cynical culture.

ps: her death was DECADES later, she was a little girl in this movie. Though, I guess, there could be some weird conspiracy made and I applaud you for making it! I would think that Robert Wagner might have more to answer for, but Walken could probably make some better creepy statements as an act-  but- go for it! The "Brainstorm" angle is a good one and worthy for follow-up. Call in to the show....

Aspic3

I forgot it's the first Sunday of Dec.

Snoory, Submerging Artists, and a few of the Sad Pack probably appearing tonight.

Guests are two demonologists, then a psychic in the second half.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2020, 11:01:13 PM
You have never seen "Miracle on 34th Street?"  :( Check it out. Not the colorized version that Turner redid but the original. A great movie, and one of the best Christmas movies. Many great actors and also an, albeit comedic, indictment of our politics and cynical culture.

ps: her death was DECADES later, she was a little girl in this movie. Though, I guess, there could be some weird conspiracy made and I applaud you for making it! I would think that Robert Wagner might have more to answer for, but Walken could probably make some better creepy statements as an act-  but- go for it! The "Brainstorm" angle is a good one and worthy for follow-up. Call in to the show....
Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll pass on calling in.  I refused to talk about a sex symbol to Norway, but that was a good idea.

Yes I understand she was a child in Miracle but what I'm saying is maybe someone wanted the public to forget about Brainstorm as well as intimidate Hollywood.  Sorry I didn't explicitly say Brainstorm.  Brain fog, lol.

Jojo

Jojo

Quote from: Morgus on December 05, 2020, 02:22:43 AM
Cornelius just called into Noory and Noory finally said he would try to request a pardon from Trump for him since time is growing short...
This week, Trump gave the Freedom Award.  To. An. Athlete.

The same week he passed legislation to prevent steroid abuse in athletes.

A trade-off to prevent retaliation?

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 05, 2020, 10:47:06 AM

“2020 has been a bad year, what with all of my cancelled city invasions, but, garsh, it’s going so fast!  It’ll be Feb before yeeewww know it!”
When was his stroke?  Look at his face.

Jojo

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 05, 2020, 01:59:37 PM
#possiblefulltard
I don't get that vibe.  Because sometimes you can tell when he's suppressing a giggle, & it's not at those times.  I think the show sometimes is really pre-fabricated from other episodes.  I've heard the exact same exchanges enough times to know they are not live.

The part that's parody to me is when he tries not to laugh at advertisements he has to read.  Sometimes he seems to forget he's somewhat famous, like once he sounded taken aback when an ad had his name in the body of the email address.  Other times, you can tell he disagrees with ad content.  Before one ad, he actually said, "Now they're trying to make you feel old" and then he read the ad (shame on him).  Sometimes he tries hard not to smirk on ads.  Personally, I don't get why he reacts to ads so personally, or seems to.  It's just an ad.

George, we don't judge you for reading ads.  It's your job!  Get the word out!  Don't judge your ads!  Those products work for a lot of people.  The only ad that I personally have not liked is Cars for Kids because it's obnoxious.  But the products you offer on very popular on many stations, so someone has to do it.  Listeners can do their own product research afterward.