• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 03:55:02 PM
Last night Norry waxed emotionally about he is always there for listeners, over the holidays, etc. "No tapes, no tapes indeed." Then he played a tape of Jim Nabors and just the other night he played a tape of that fake auto accident where some old ladies beat a driver with their purses and Bibles. A couple weeks or so ago he replayed the tape of some Edgar Allen Poe story.
Thats right, Noory makes up for his working live on a holiday by replacing live half-hour segments with old taped segments several times a month.
There have even been a few times on a Friday night they replaced the last hour of open lines with a recorded segment of old open lines!

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2017, 03:59:50 PM
Thats right, Noory makes up for his working live on a holiday by replacing live half-hour segments with old taped segments several times a month.
There have even been a few times on a Friday night they replaced the last hour of open lines with a recorded segment of old open lines!

Noory should just retire. I don't know why he keeps doing the show. I think it is just a lifestyle thing for him. There is really no point to the show not that there was ever. But its just lame, old, lifeless, and not worth listening too. I have tuned out long ago.

Rolling tape is just lazy.

136 or 142

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 01, 2017, 04:40:02 PM
Noory should just retire. I don't know why he keeps doing the show. I think it is just a lifestyle thing for him. There is really no point to the show not that there was ever. But its just lame, old, lifeless, and not worth listening too. I have tuned out long ago.

I think so too. :)  Seriously, I'm pretty sure, as you said, the reason he keeps doing the show even though he's clearly lost interest in most of the topics and guests (except for the new topics he's added in like his 'critical health' nonsense and possibly now 'self help) is that he's set in his ways and it's his life.  "What would I do if I didn't do the show?"

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 01, 2017, 04:40:02 PM

Jorch likes the C2C gig.  Nice paycheck plus perks and his bosses are asleep at the wheel or just don't give a rat eater's ass.  I don't think Jorch will ever voluntarily give it up.  Not too many jobs you can sleep walk through and pull down at least half mil a year.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2017, 03:59:50 PM
I often tend to not listen with too much attention but I was mowing the other week and thought "I swear I've heard these caller's stories before." It was lazy Norry replaying tape of open line callers. It is amazing he can make so much money being so lazy and not liking guests or callers so much.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2017, 07:21:26 PM
Jorch likes the C2C gig.  Nice paycheck plus perks and his bosses are asleep at the wheel or just don't give a rat eater's ass.  I don't think Jorch will ever voluntarily give it up.  Not too many jobs you can sleep walk through and pull down at least half mil a year.
Plus the show gives him enough exposure to run his side jobs like his paid appearances at events,  pay internet streaming video show, pay paranormal date ventures, his cut of the alternative health business, etc.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2017, 07:27:23 PM
Plus the show gives him enough exposure to run his side jobs like his paid appearances at events,  pay internet streaming video show, pay paranormal date ventures, his cut of the alternative health business, etc.
Meanwhile iHateMedia, Inc....
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iheart-creditors-reject-another-offer-from-company-as-they-push-for-chapter-11-1512090362

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 07:25:10 PM
... It is amazing he can make so much money being so lazy and not liking guests or callers so much.

Please send all your thank you notes to this lady.

Julie Talbott
President of Premiere Networks
15260 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2017, 07:27:23 PM
Yes, sir.  Jorch knows how to milk his gig. 

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2017, 07:21:26 PM
Jorch likes the C2C gig.  Nice paycheck plus perks and his bosses are asleep at the wheel or just don't give a rat eater's ass...

Plus fake adoration from Tommy.

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2017, 07:33:28 PM
Please send all your thank you notes to this lady.

Julie Talbott
President of Premiere Networks
15260 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Jesus.  I wonder what she looks like under all that

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 01, 2017, 09:05:09 PM
I think there is some kind of "app" for that. Something that takes photos and somehow removes makeup to see what they really look like. No word if a developer has made an app that removes shoe polish, heavy industrial grease, toupees, or spray-on hair for use with certain late night radio talkshow hosts.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 10:10:57 PM
I think there is some kind of "app" for that. Something that takes photos and somehow removes makeup to see what they really look like. No word if a developer has made an app that removes shoe polish, heavy industrial grease, toupees, or spray-on hair for use with certain late night radio talkshow hosts.

Don't go there! >:(  :o

mike_olsen

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 03:55:02 PM
Last night Norry waxed emotionally about he is always there for listeners, over the holidays, etc. "No tapes, no tapes indeed." Then he played a tape of Jim Nabors and just the other night he played a tape of that fake auto accident where some old ladies beat a driver with their purses and Bibles. A couple weeks or so ago he replayed the tape of some Edgar Allen Poe story.

That fake auto-accident tape he keeps playing is so damn obnoxious on the ears. First off it's hard to even understand the guy on the tape because of his course laughter every 3 seconds. Where Jorch and Fat Tommee scrounged it up, and why they think this is so funny is a mystery. It proves one thing though -- Norry doesn't have a sense of humor. Can you imagine him doing a stand-up act?

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2017, 12:38:17 AM
Tonight Noory reported on the death of Jim Nabors, by saying he played Gomer Pyle  bumbling deputy sheriff on the Andy Griffith show.
Noory clearly mixed up Gomer with Barney Fife...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enCqDfQnXs4 

ItsOver

"Obey.  Consume.  Listen to Jorch."

136 or 142

We really shouldn't be so hard on Nori.  On air he has died for us...repeatedly.

It's likely just me, but i see Margaret Thatcher, sexy beast that she was!

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 01, 2017, 12:41:43 AM
Gomer’s cousin Goober Pyle was on the Andy Griffith show.
Quite a mess of mix-ups!  An officiator he is not.

Jojo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on December 01, 2017, 07:17:27 PM
I think so too. :)  Seriously, I'm pretty sure, as you said, the reason he keeps doing the show even though he's clearly lost interest in most of the topics and guests (except for the new topics he's added in like his 'critical health' nonsense and possibly now 'self help) is that he's set in his ways and it's his life.  "What would I do if I didn't do the show?"
Well gee, he's safer at work than at home!  He said a knife stood up stright in the drawer and went for blood! 

George, sharp knives belong in a knife block.  The knife block can go in a cupboard if you like.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2017, 07:25:10 PM
I often tend to not listen with too much attention but I was mowing the other week and thought "I swear I've heard these caller's stories before." It was lazy Norry replaying tape of open line callers. It is amazing he can make so much money being so lazy and not liking guests or callers so much.
Busted.  Me, too.  That makes three of us.  It was recent.  I wonder if a couple calls just resembled an old segment.  Coinshidence?

albrecht

Got my Christmas lights up and listened to last night's show. Norry warns about safety at home because he stupidly cuts his finger. And he complains about Tommee keeping him so busy that he can't go out to the Hawaiian studio. But a guest host used it once. iHate Media, Inc is on the verge of bankruptcy but they have a Hawaiian studio for Norry that is unused for years? He also is starting a youtube channel for the radio show but will announce it officially on Sunday.

Dateline

Quote from: albrecht on December 02, 2017, 02:32:27 PM
Norry warns about safety at home because he stupidly cuts his finger. And he complains about Tommee keeping him so busy that he can't go out to the Hawaiian studio. But a guest host used it once. iHate Media, Inc is on the verge of bankruptcy but they have a Hawaiian studio for Norry that is unused for years?

Yes, I remember the pictures I saw.  It was J.B. Wells that used the Hawaiian studio.  The waves and surf beat furiously as he stood looking handsomely with his craggy features.  AHHHH, I was swept away by the surf and my eyes and heart yearned for more. . . Yes. J.B. Wells I wanted to hear the boom of your base voice that weekend on Coast. 

albrecht

Norry had Tommee announce that Norry is going to win a "prestigious" award in St.Louis in March. And it is nice "to be recognized by his peers." Ugh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on December 02, 2017, 02:40:24 PM
Yes, I remember the pictures I saw.  It was J.B. Wells that used the Hawaiian studio.  The waves and surf beat furiously as he stood looking handsomely with his craggy features.  AHHHH, I was swept away by the surf and my eyes and heart yearned for more. . . Yes. J.B. Wells I wanted to hear the boom of your base voice that weekend on Coast.
Flashback.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 02, 2017, 02:57:01 PM
Norry had Tommee announce that Norry is going to win a "prestigious" award in St.Louis in March. And it is nice "to be recognized by his peers." Ugh.
GNS.

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on December 02, 2017, 03:09:55 PM
Flashback.

Thanks for the memories.  Isn't that an ole codger standard?  Maybe Norry can croon it while those of us who remember J.B.Wells are sentimental and longing.