• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Parris001

Anybody else missing Here We Go Again? Didn’t think so......

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 28, 2017, 10:12:03 AM
This great news should brighten up his holidays!  ;)

Five stars from Audrey and Everett.

5.0 out of 5 stars
By Audrey L. on April 16, 2015
Format: Audio CD|Verified Purchase
I can't say enough about George Noory and his Coast to Coast program. This CD is the heart of Christmas as performed by Noory and guests, as well as program producers.

5.0 out of 5 stars
By Everett on January 6, 2015
Features the best Coast to Coast guests/hosts bringing you the message of Christmas. It's only missing the JB Wells classic 12 days of "Throw Them Out" Christmas.

Sorry, but Glenn wasn't impressed, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars
By Glenn on February 5, 2015
That really sucked. One song worth listening to, otherwise total junk. Shame on Coast To Coast for saying it was a good album. My wife just laughed at me for ordering it. NG!

Thanks, Glenn.  There's still a little hope for the World.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2017, 03:26:54 PM
... Thanks, Glenn.  There's still a little hope for the World.

Welll, he did buy it in the first place..

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 28, 2017, 03:30:54 PM
Welll, he did buy it in the first place..
At least he recognized his mistake, plus he gave his wife a good laugh.

http://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2017, 07:32:07 AM
And at least one unhappy, unaccomplished person.

This:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ always puts a smile in place.

Nobody

Quote from: ItsOver on November 28, 2017, 03:26:54 PM

One song worth listening to, otherwise total junk. Shame on Coast To Coast for saying it was a good album.

Coast flogging total junk?  There must be some mistake.

Jojo

George said he wants us to stay up all night so we get chills up and down our arms and spine tonight. 😃

Jojo

George said nuclear the new way (newh-clear)!  He is warmed up...

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 12:18:31 AM
George said he wants us to stay up all night so we get chills up and down our arms and spine tonight. 😃

Yep, something he heard or read that he thinks sums up the world he'll lay on us at the end of the show 🤔

He wound up the debate on the 'proof' that God exists by saying 'Only appropriate tonight that we wrap up like this...' And played God Only Knows, so don't hold your breath!

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on November 29, 2017, 12:29:45 AM
Yep, something he heard or read that he thinks sums up the world he'll lay on us at the end of the show 🤔

He wound up the debate on the 'proof' that God exists by saying 'Only appropriate tonight that we wrap up like this...' And played God Only Knows, so don't hold your breath!
Ok we are supposed to harken back to "The Sounds of Silence" at the end of the show.

This second guest is another self-help guest and snoozefest.

AvDaBr

And a re-make of "The Sound of Silence" is the cliffhanger.

NoMoreNoory

Cover from a couple of years back by Metal band Disturbed. NASA just put out a video of the earth as seen from the ISS and included it. Presumably where Joorch heard it.

Being Joorch, he managed to make Disturbed sound like The Sterb, and didn't call it a cover, but 'a song based on Sound Of Silence'. And concludes hammily: 'No matter what, we'll get through it.'

mike_olsen

Quote from: Jojo on November 25, 2017, 01:21:44 AM
Well, Mike, I didn't mean to avoid three of your questions.  There is just so much room for disagreement on this topic.  I try to go for whatever is funniest, most passionate or easy to support.  Maybe I didnt have strong feelings about your questions - i really dont know and this tablet is too small to see them at the moment.

For instance, some people might not respond to your concern about Wallach not being a doctor... simply because where I live, a naturopath IS a doctor, and is respected more than a doctor, especially by women.  I have known several naturopaths personally.   The whole argument about the professional label would seem retarded to me.  I was just raised differently, in a different paradigm.  Kind of like I wouldn't argue if someone said oranges are blue - it wouldnt even make sense for me to get involved in that part of a discussion because it would seem irrelevant.

From the shows I listened to, selenium was clearly the mystery mineral.  That was very meaningful to me because selenium helps lots of things.  But, like you say, it sounds like there are other things he keeps as a mystery.

The reason he lists all the nutrients is because he cares about people.  The reason he sells specialized formulas is because shoppers with that kind of money don't want to make their own formulas.  They can buy tasty, portion controlled versions right from Wallach, so it's more convenient.  Because those kind of shoppers usually are well employed, and dont have time to mess around with homemade formulations or hodge-podge assortments.  From Wallach, they can get compatible paks, without paying for redundancy.  I dont know how much you have used or shopped for vitamins, but it can be very frustrating.  Sometimes, calcium comes with magnesium and zinc, sometimes it doesnt.  Should you then subtract magnesium and zinc from your regular multi-vitamin?  Quandries like that.  Dealing with simples and compounds, trying to piece it all together without specialized equipment.  There are people who actually stuff their own gel tabs! They are sold at health food stores.

Plus, Wallach's products are easily absorbed (presumably), easy to take, and probably seasoned to taste.

It's kind of like how someone can get their cosmetics or tools in a haphazard fashion (as I do), or they can buy a big set, complete from the factory.  A complete set might provide uniform coverage, uniform strength, and be nicely packaged and easy to store.  Where, a hodge podge might be more versatile, but messier, with a variety of labels making the whole set more confusing.

Wallach works in alternative medicine.  They don't care as much about patents and proprietary stuff, like Capitalist-mentality companies.  Many alternative medicine providers are kind of anti-patent.  Or would like a more consumer friendly patent system.  If he gives away lists of nutrients, that could be why.  Alternative providers tend to be more open and educational. He doesn't rely on traditional obsfucation to make a profit.  But, he presumably wants to make a profit, so he does guard some of his knowledge.  He profits from his skill and ability to "put it altogether" for consumers because, like you said, people can overdose on vitamins, and also because some busy people just don't want to take the time to make their own portions.

Vitamins and minerals are expensive.  It would be easy for a working class person to justify paying more for expertise.  "Ah, they already cost a lot.  What's a little more for good service...". I don't know what Wallach charges, but if the add-on amount over generic vitamins is below a certain ratio, it could be easily justified.

Nutritional health takes time.  It's not like a rehular prescription.  I've heard it can take the better part of a year before curing a condition.  I took an alternative homeopathic remedy for a couple years before I finally cured the condition.  But the condition was truly cured, for over ten years.  If I had gone to a regular doctor, I'd still be shelling out for a prescription.

Jojo, really, it's fine with me that you prefer naturopathic approaches to medicine and healthcare. My argument never was against those who solely practice naturopathy or holistic medicine, or at least those who have the gumption to practice it honestly (and I'm sure you can say the same about MD's in our healthcare system; many MD's are quacks quite frankly who don't take their oath of practicing medicine seriously or justly. But then again, there are a multitude who are good MD healthcare practitioners).  I am fine with it myself actually, i do believe good nutrition is a key to staying healthy. I take 50-75mg of zinc supplements per day, among others, to support my virility/natural testosterone levels/ and prostate health as one example. But I also believe they do have their limitations. Practicing good nutrition; as good or as beneficial as it may be, however, cannot perform miracle work in terms of preventing or even reversing many diseases. There is just no evidence-based scientific study to support that premise. For example, many diseases are hereditary or genetic (which Wallach totally ignores), and practicing good nutrition by itself cannot help treat these to the point that they are "reversed" (as Wallach likes to say, instead of what I presume he'd really like to say, "cured"). 

So taking that into account, my problem is solely with Wallach; his arrogance and dishonesty about the way he goes about it. He may have some sound advice here or there, but overall he presents his "nutritional deficiency" claim as the end all, be all of what causes nearly every, if not all diseases, which is simply not true. He tells people by buying his products that they can "reverse" their ailments, some very serious ones, by partaking in his supplementation program... but only if you buy the supplements from him and his company. Supplementation cannot perform miracles. Forgive me for not quoting him for examples (i simply don't have the time right now), but anyone who's listened to 4 or 5 of his radio shows with Norry will know exactly the type of incredible claims he makes. And all of this is done, in my opinion, to either impress or scare a listener into buying his products. I just don't like people who do that sort of thing. It's unethical and extremely deceptive (and again i'm only talking about Wallach and those who preach similarly like he does).

Anyway, just another thing.. i read a post earlier where you said medical errors are 3rd leading cause of death or something like that. Then I read one of HWGA's post where he quoted Wallach as saying something like if everyone stopped seeing their doctor and instead saw an AIDS infected drug dealer on the streets, you'd be better off (because medical errors are 3rd leading cause of death" etc. Well let's put that statement into context -- if everyone who has a doctor (and just about every American has a PCP) stopped seeing their doctors and instead consulted with disease-ridden drug-dealers for their healthcare, i can very much assure you that diseased-ridden dope-dealers peddling their drugs and "advice" to Americans would be the #1 leading cause of death in America, surpassing all other causes by a wide margin. So just consider that. And again, not saying you said that, but Wallach was quoted as saying such a despicable statement that i find reprehensible if you ask me, and he said such lunacy as part of his overall deception to get people to purchase his products! What kind of person does that?!? It's not right.

Anyway, that's the way i feel. And, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Jojo

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 21, 2017, 05:13:08 PM
Proof norry wears a toupee:

Especially compare 2nd bottom left pic to the last pic on bottom row!

He also must spend a small fortune a year on Just for Men hair coloring products.
It was George who said a person would be better off seeing a drug dealer than their doctor.

According to the well-published statistic, technically he is correct.  But like you said, if we all did that, the statistic would change.

I read your most recent post and yes Thanksgiving was alright.  I live in a shared house which is mostly one family.  The live-in handy man and the elderly man were either MIA or drunk, so the table was set for ladies.  We picked at salad while staring at rib and turkey like idiots, and literally without a carving knife.

This group has a lot of pretenses, so I had to wait until the ladies were out of sight before I could carve into the meat, which was cold by then.  Stupid morons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a woman.  But I don't spend all day cooking a feast just to end up picking at salad.

Later, after I carved some, the word was, "Gasp!  Don't carve it - it will dry out!".  I'll say, meat isn't the only thing that dries out here.

Then the live-in handy man showed up and wouldn't have any meat, either. I guess these people would be happier putting a frame around their Thanksgiving meat and hanging it on the wall.

It was so peculiar.  Then, as if Thanksgiving hadn't happened at all, the next night the handy man cooked and shared a huge new, hot feast.  This!  After having snubbed his nose at the holiday feast!  Anyhow, his secondary feast was wonderful.  But part of me was like, "Aren't we supposed to be eating Thanksgiving leftovers?"

What a weird place.  Within a few days, the leftovers from both feasts did get eaten, and were delicious, and nothing went to waste.

Hopefully your Thanksgiving food was not just for looks!

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 02:27:31 AM
Ok we are supposed to harken back to "The Sounds of Silence" at the end of the show.
I really did like the song.  It actually did give me goose bumps.  In light of remote electronic mind torture.  And in thinking about how one image in the mind's eye can heal (or demoralize) a lot.  Thoughts are peculiar, lacking tone.  But, God knows our points of reference and our hearts, so in that respect there is no misunderstanding.

Dateline

I was reading from the comments last night, and wondered or was not sure, what the big cliffhanger or message that Norry was harkening to at the end of the show.  That and the fact that Doc Wallet are on tonight, are just tooooo much to  swallow. 

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on November 29, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
I was reading from the comments last night, and wondered or was not sure, what the big cliffhanger or message that Norry was harkening to at the end of the show.  That and the fact that Doc Wallet are on tonight, are just tooooo much to  swallow. 
He played a newer vrsion of "Sound of Silence" by Disturbed.  In light of remote electronic harassment, the words came alive.  The difference between toneless words versus colorful images became apparent.  It was great.

Dateline

Today in search of an immediate host:

With the expelling of Matt Lauer, the Today show is in dire straits for a new host.  So, the NBC exec who was up all night pondering the fate of Matt Lauer was ensued with the velvet voice of a Norry.  "Pull him in.  We want that voice, he has a voice for morning television."  So, tonight at 10:00 P.M. PST it will be announced that Norry has been tapped to fill the shoes of Matt Lier.  From the unknown, to the unusual, the Today show will now be hosted by Norry and AL Roker.  When asked to comment, "Norry just grinned and said Jeez, I can't tell him from Tom in the wee hours of the morning."  It is rumored that Al's contract will have to be rewritten with a clause that has he must prebite every pizza roll snack for Norry."  Ann Curry will also be rehired to be in the Today Family.

A new segment will be featured in which Hoda and Norry read the headlines and swish their wine glasses around and sip or chug as the situation may be.  Norry had demanded that he have his favorite wine glass that will hold a 1.5 litre.  "Just a little morning grape juice.. .."

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 02:27:31 AM
==================================
'Allo!
With you briefly am i.
found some notes re:Norry-San and whom chooses bumper music for some episodes.
Heard not i,but saw an partial transcript.
Think i that Norry-San or some staffer might be reading the tea leaves for hints about the holiday feel and atmosphere that seems to be mostly politrix with un-usually scarey headlines in my local fish-wrapper.
Never before have i seen Mr.Norry-San play this cover music that connects with the mileu(?)of fear in the air like i'm feeling now-a-day.
Might i suggest us listeners via "Bull-Grab"set up an thread connecting NORAD's annual Xmas type radar story(Q.V.)and some lyrical storiy-songs from past crises?
Instead of,"Sounds O Silence":
"Eve Of Destruction"x Barry McGuire,then:
"6 O-Clock News/Silent Night" x "Simon & Garfunkel"..
IN HONOUR of the screaming fear headlines concearning the future cage-match between "Rocket Dwarf" and "Soldier of Orange/KKlown O Fuher"?..
Any body want to run with this thread?
"]B_B[" A.K.A."][ 7VF ]["
=Wide Flange Beam
PS:Am still i pretty ill.
PPS:Not getting live am of shows well or much from local xmitters on am.

Numbers lady again....

The post-menopausal, worn out, dried up same-old parade crawls on....

Jojo

George told Glyniss not to call him "honey".  Don't they prep guests?  No one has a list of no-no's?  I think she is married.

Quote from: Jojo on November 30, 2017, 02:59:44 AM
George told Glyniss not to call him "honey".  Don't they prep guests?  No one has a list of no-no's?  I think she is married.

Impossible. No man can listen to that for longer than 30 seconds without killing himself. Although, she may be married to a shrill, obnoxious chicken... that could work.

Jojo

Now he told her that her husband is great for putting up with her!  I wonder if he was joking.

I think Glynnis is wonderful!  Glynnis, you are great!  Knowledgeable, communicative, effective, hard-working!  Thanks for putting up with George!

You really have a smile in your voice, and a softness too!  Guess that Charlie guy must be alright!

Quote from: Jojo on November 30, 2017, 03:27:27 AM
I think Glynnis is wonderful!  Glynnis, you are great!  Knowledgeable, communicative, effective, hard-working!  Thanks for putting up with George!

You really have a smile in your voice, and a softness too!  Guess that Charlie guy must be alright!

No, to everything you wrote here.

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on November 30, 2017, 04:03:32 AM
No, to everything you wrote here.
thanks, i needed that lol  ;)

george hinting at having the scam docs on more often tonight. damnit to hell