• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

MV/Liberace!

Rather than continue spreading political conversations across other threads, it seems best that we have a centralized location for such discussions.  Sooo... here's the politics thread. 

I'll start.

If Romney is the Republican nominee, there is NO WAY Obama loses in November.  Romney is absolutely unelectable vs. Obama, and I'm sick of this notion that his supposed electability is the reason to support him.  His views are so congruent with those of Obama that I see NO REASON to bother winning in November if he's the nominee, anyway.  I support Ron Paul, although I know he won't be the nominee.  I'd vote for Gingrich if he were on the ballot in November, but I've begun to believe he can't win the nomination.  Santorum is another authoritarian conservative obsessed with gay marriage, but I guess I'd vote for him if he were the nominee.  Yawn.  I'm pretty depressed over the "choices" offered in this primary season.

Eddie Coyle

It's over, Obama has this thing wrapped up. The GOP has put out their least electable group of candidates since...well, 2008. Romney is a tycoon with no courage or convictions, Santorum makes Dubya look like George Washington, Gingrich has too many skeletons and I think he's a phony, he breathes fire publicly, but this Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac just proves he's another double talk insider. Check out Tom Coburn's "Breach of Trust" to get an idea of how Gingrich operates. He once yelled at Coburn and Steve Largent of how "you conservatives" caused him trouble.

2016 will maybe bring a change...but 2012 the status quo stays,IMO.

The General

Yeah.  Romney vs. Obama?  It's like we only have one party.  And they run two candidates.  More wealthy big-government aristocrat do-gooders. 

heater

General...I know what you mean, but trust me there are two political parties:

Them vs. Us

Them wins far more often than Us.

This year I've decided instead of voting in the presidential election I am going to regularly vote for this season's American Idol.  I want my vote to count for something and a show created, owned and produced by British millionaires seems to be my best chance!

Frys Girl

I think you guys are underestimating the anger of Republicans. I know many Republicans who are going to max out on donations. I think anything is better than Obama.

Frys Girl

Too late to edit the last post, but I do think that Obama having 1 BILLION dollars in campaign money is basically an indication that he will win.

The only person who may have had a chance was Newt, and only because he is such an asshole, say so many nasty things (not necessarily untrue), causing people to vote en masse! Ron Paul would win too, but with him, I'm afraid people will be so impressed and truthified yet bored, that they'll get lazy and stay home/just go to work on voting day.

Harmness

I quit caring years ago, and it helps.

Try this:  look at this year's Republican Primary season as a Christopher Guest movie.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 08, 2012, 11:07:07 AM

Strictly the opinion of an outsider, but I agree with Eddie. (and I don't endorse either party).   2016 will bring the campaign of Andrew Basiago, that should be interesting.

MV/Liberace!

at least if romney DOES get the nomination and proceeds to lose in november, we won't have to see his milquetoast kisser in any significant capacity or hear from him again.  i have no idea wtf this guy brings to the table, and i've been paying attention to the primary season for months now.

b_dubb

i just hope that Israel doesn't start a war with Iran

slipstream

Quote from: b_dubb on February 09, 2012, 09:22:09 PM
i just hope that Israel doesn't start a war with Iran

I just hope that the United States doesn't get involved in a war between Israel and Iran.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: slipstream on February 09, 2012, 10:51:32 PM

I just hope that the United States doesn't get involved in a war between Israel and Iran.
Too late for that...

stevesh

Quote from: CoastCanuck on February 08, 2012, 06:16:22 PM
  2016 will bring the campaign of Andrew Basiago, that should be interesting.

Or if Simple George throws his hat in the ring - game on !

Ruteger

It 'aint over till the fat lady sings. I refuse to believe that America wants another 4 years of HUSSEIN Obama. Obama now has to run on his record, whereas before he had none. Gas here in CA is already 9 cents short of $4/gal for regular unleaded and it will only get worse.
I used to be a registered Republican but since changed to registered Indepentent. I will not vote for HUSSEIN Obama under any circumstances. But the GOP is the Stupid Party. They alone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. No matter who is the eventual nominee, I will be voting GOP as another 4 years of Obama will be the death of America as we used to know it.
To see any substantial change (for better or worse) in DC, there will have to be a majority in Congress - either DEM or GOP.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 08, 2012, 11:07:07 AM

It's over, Obama has this thing wrapped up. The GOP has put out their least electable group of candidates since...well, 2008. Romney is a tycoon with no courage or convictions, Santorum makes Dubya look like George Washington, Gingrich has too many skeletons and I think he's a phony, he breathes fire publicly, but this Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac just proves he's another double talk insider. Check out Tom Coburn's "Breach of Trust" to get an idea of how Gingrich operates. He once yelled at Coburn and Steve Largent of how "you conservatives" caused him trouble.

rbduck

I have been watching the Republican party disintegrate over the past couple of decades. Like the Democratic party, they have completely disconnected with reality and have not a clue what is worrying most Americans. They give lip service to what they think they hear and play back only what are their greatest concern is, "keeping their on ass flush!!"

Another thing. I don't care who gets the nomination or who wins, if gas goes to 5 bucks a gallon, you can kiss this economy GOODBYE!! The rule for gas prices since the 70's has been "Raise the price. Let them get use to it. Wait. Push the price up. Let them get use to it." The problem with this is, in the past, we could generally absorb the price increase. We can't do that any longer. Price of fuel affects every little thing, from the bottom up. America won't survive another increase of much magnitude.
I may be wrong here and I hope I am.

rbduck

No sooner than I had hit the POST button on my last comment, a news reporter said (with a gleam in his eye as the song goes) "Gas prices are on their way up to the highest ever!" Possibly $5.50 per gallon. That report was 50 cents higher than what the same network reported two days ago. I believe, liberals are waiting and hoping for a crash. Because, all through history, liberalism flourishes through uncertain times and Anarchy is their playground.

On the flip side of that coin. A few days ago I ran into a local businessman. He told me of his conservative beliefs. Plus, he told me what he had learned under a certain business professor. What I heard gave me the creeps. He sounded like he was from another planet. (need to report him to R. Hoagland)

BTW (in previous post "own ass" not "on ass"  :-\

Eddie Coyle

We all know who vacations in Kennebunkport...

Bush did it!

Ruteger

Gas here in CA as of 02/20/2012 is $4.11 for REGULAR. How's that "Hope and Change" workin' out for y'all?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ruteger on February 20, 2012, 03:07:38 PM
Gas here in CA as of 02/20/2012 is $4.11 for REGULAR. How's that "Hope and Change" workin' out for y'all?

people of obama's ideology WANT energy to be expensive because 1) they think it will prompt innovation in and acceptance of alternative "energy" sources which don't even exist and 2) they believe america's energy consumption is unfair relative to our percentage of world population.  meanwhile, these same enviro-fascists will fly private jets all over the country/world to preach in your face about the perils of energy consumption.  assholes. 

Obama's Promise the Bankrupt the Coal Industry

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 20, 2012, 08:08:23 PMmeanwhile, these same enviro-fascists will fly private jets all over the country/world to preach in your face about the perils of energy consumption.  assholes.
can you post their itinerary?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 20, 2012, 09:27:29 PM
can you post their itinerary?

i would need to do that in order for you to believe rich guys fly private jets?  really?

yawn.

MV/Liberace!

here you go:

Al Gore Takes Private Jet - 9/9/07 (Complete Version)

although you'll probably immediately reject it merely because of the source.

slipstream

The Daily Mail today would like to distract us from the important things going on in the world with this:
Didn't get the memo? Hillary Clinton dons lime green shirt for G20 'family photo' while everyone else wears white
        If you look past the nonsense you'll read this:

QuoteOn Monday, the second day of the meeting in Los Cabos, Clinton signed an agreement with Mexico for developing oil and gas reservoirs that straddle the countries' boundaries.

It is the first deal of its kind signed by the U.S., and the leaders hope it will offer incentives for U.S. energy companies to work with the Mexican state oil company, Pemex, to develop resources.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon said: 'With this, we are setting aside the old fear that honestly exists among many Mexicans that Mexico’s oil could be extracted from the other side. Any joint reservoir will be jointly exploited.'

U.S. Secretary of the Interior Kenneth Salazar called the agreement an historic step that 'opens to door to previously off-limits areas in the Gulf of Mexico', Bloomberg reported.
It seems we can enter into such historic deal with the Mexicans, but we are somehow unable to control the flow of people coming from the south.  Oh, and why do U.S. energy companies need incentives to deal with a state owned Mexican company? 

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 21, 2012, 12:06:40 PMalthough you'll probably immediately reject it merely because of the source.
i don't reject it.  you have a valid beef here.  someone like Gore that comes of as saviour of the environment.  a private jet is obviously a wasteful way to travel.  given that security for a former VP could be a consideration but still this is hard to defend

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 21, 2012, 09:41:55 PM
i don't reject it.  you have a valid beef here.  someone like Gore that comes of as saviour of the environment.  a private jet is obviously a wasteful way to travel.  given that security for a former VP could be a consideration but still this is hard to defend

this is why i like you.  you're a rational liberal.  kinda like evelyn.

BobGrau

Quote from: slipstream on February 21, 2012, 09:28:34 PM
The Daily Mail...

Please, for god's sake, don't read the Daily Mail or quote it. For any reason. They are the lowest of the low. The National Enquirer displays more objectivity and better taste in it's horoscope column than a Daily Fail 'report'.

Frys Girl

Please please please let there be a government shutdown. My commute will improve so much. Please please! A nice, month-long shut down would be best.

Eddie Coyle

Obama has lost all of his "I killed Bin Laden" leverage with his keeping troops in that shithole Afghanistan. Every day "we" stay over there only increases the likelihood of incidents/massacres similar to Mogadishu,October 1993 , and nothing positive can possibly occur. Get the fuck out of there now.