• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 26, 2017, 12:52:55 PM
You may be confused about how a free market economy works.  One principle is the producers of goods and services need to be on the same level - everyone operates under the same rules, has the same opportunities, access to the same pools of workers, financial systems, etc.  Obviously that will never be perfect in the real world, but its a goal the society should work towards.  Governments and circumstances dictate this environment.

It becomes more complex when trading across borders.  The other economy operates under different rules and regulations, and is on a different level when it comes to the overall economic environment, worker education and qualifications, etc.  For example workers in the US can't compete with workers elsewhere making $1 a day.  It's not fair for our market to be open to foreigners, while we are denied access there.  It's why we need trade agreements.

These so-called free trade agreements are really managed trade, its why they run thousands of pages.  Trump is saying our agreement with Germany is skewed to their benefit.  I don't know if it is or not, but nearly all trade agreements we've entered into the past several decades are skewed to favor our trading partners, so he is probably correct.  Not that we can take his word on anything involving details.  But without really knowing, I'm guessing Germany has a lot more access to our markets than we do theirs.  How many Fords and Chevy's have you seen there?

Fords are also built in Germany, and Spain with an engine plant in the UK. Chevys are shit. The top five best selling cars in the USA are Japanese. I believe two of those are Hondas. US built cars are heavily discounted, so there must be a different reason why they lag behind in choice.

In the 70's Japanese cars were crap. Rust buckets with minimal paint applied, and the styling on most was at best shocking. But they learned. Quickly. The best they make compare favourably with anything Germany makes on build quality and refinement. The UK car manufacturing was also shit, and the unions contributed with incompetent management to kill it as a major wealth creator. American stuff went a similar way. If US cars were any good, they'd sell.

The only reason Harley Davidson motorcycles survived back in the 80's was because Reagan rigged the market by putting tariffs on imported motorcycles from Japan. Honda responded by building a plant in CA to build Goldwings in a factory that was basically built for free with the tax breaks they enjoyed.

BMW and Daimler Benz can sell all they want to the US because people choose to buy them, and they're not cheap, so there must be another reason.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 02:51:34 PM
... BMW and Daimler Benz can sell all they want to the US because people choose to buy them, and they're not cheap, so there must be another reason.

We produce more than cars, and that was probably a bad example since so many of the US, European, and Japanese car companies have merged.  The questions are, do we have the same access to German markets they have to ours, do we protect the same percent of our economy from their products as they do from ours, do they subsidize their exports more than we do ours, do they have any unfair barriers or advantages? 

I don't know the answers, living here on the West Coast and paying more attention to trade with Asia, but those are the sorts of issues that come up, or should come up.  One thing is sure, since WWII the US has had by far the largest economy, and as such was willing to make unequal deals on trade policy for various reasons.  Some of that needs to change.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 26, 2017, 02:47:25 PM
You'll have to forgive me, I'm practicing journalism, circa 2017
It's merely coincidence the Trump Family Circus keeps popping up on the FBI's radar.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 03:20:11 PM
It's merely coincidence the Trump Family Circus keeps popping up on the FBI's radar.

A coincidence in the sense that it's politically motivated by a bunch of deep state ideologues that need to be routed out of the FBI.  ;)

3OctaveFart

Yes, what I thought ... it's The Washington Post's fault he's such a fuckup, and that everything he touches eventually turns to shit.

It's also The Washington Post's fault he was kicked out of school, why he went bankrupt more than once, why he was divorced more than once ... you get the picture.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 03:36:22 PM
Yes, what I thought ... it's The Washington Post's fault he's such a fuckup, and that everything he touches eventually turns to shit.

It's also The Washington Post's fault he was kicked out of school, why he went bankrupt more than once, why he was divorced more than once ... you get the picture.

So divorce is now taboo and you love Muslim conquerors. Just how badly do you want the dark ages back, anyway?  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2017, 03:41:18 PM
So divorce is now taboo and you love Muslim conquerors. Just how badly do you want the dark ages back, anyway?  :D

Divorce isn't taboo, done it myself. You might if you found someone who took leave of their senses and married you.........hey I'm kiddng you....relax.

But Trump has been sued about 2500 times over the years. He ran a fake unversity, been sued for that scam. His previous wife said he'd abused her until he got his goons to lean on her. His current one looks misserable each time she has the misfortune to be in a yard of him. Notice at the inauguration dinner when she had to dance with him, then dance with (among others) a young marine; her smile spread across her face with the marine, she looked like she was waiting for death when she was with the orange blowhard.

But its Washington post, CNN, Hilary, Obama, Merkel, NBC that are responsible for him being a self obsessed cry baby.

Note too how he warms to dictators: the rulers of Russia, Egypt, Phillipines, Turkey, even NK in the campaign, the collective dictators in SA when he, bless him mentioned freedom for all.... I bet thay went well with the assembled all male despots.

He's out of his depth , so far and he has no idea how clueless he is. All he knows is it might make him and his family richer.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 05:19:19 PM
Divorce isn't taboo, done it myself. You might if you found someone who took leave of their senses and married you.........hey I'm kiddng you....relax.

But Trump has been sued about 2500 times over the years. He ran a fake unversity, been sued for that scam. His previous wife said he'd abused her until he got his goons to lean on her. His current one looks misserable each time she has the misfortune to be in a yard of him. Notice at the inauguration dinner when she had to dance with him, then dance with (among others) a young marine; her smile spread across her face with the marine, she looked like she was waiting for death when she was with the orange blowhard.

But its Washington post, CNN, Hilary, Obama, Merkel, NBC that are responsible for him being a self obsessed cry baby.

Note too how he warms to dictators: the rulers of Russia, Egypt, Phillipines, Turkey, even NK in the campaign, the collective dictators in SA when he, bless him mentioned freedom for all.... I bet thay went well with the assembled all male despots.

He's out of his depth , so far and he has no idea how clueless he is. All he knows is it might make him and his family richer.

Still preferable to Hillary.  ;)

3OctaveFart

You have to laugh when he threatens dictators. An old, fat oaf with a combover getting loud tends to get everyone quivering and quaking.

He sounds like a lout at the bar - right down to the apparent belief that repetition of a simple phrase will strengthen the message.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2017, 05:23:59 PM
Still preferable to Hillary.  ;)

Apparently Kushner discussed with the Russians when his father in law invited them to the Oval office,* about setting up a secret comms channel with the Kremlin. Maybe with a view to buying Russian tractors and vodka?

And the senate intel committee want the communication records, written and electronic, from the campaign, going back to 2015. I guess that will include the meeting the current education secs brother had (ex Blackwater boss) on behalf of Trump in the Seychelles last december with a Russian envoy.

But its Obama's fault.

Edit:

* Even better! The boy was thinking ahead. Not in the WH, it was discussed in TrumpTower in NY last December. Nothing beats being enterprising.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 05:28:39 PM
You have to laugh when he threatens dictators. An old, fat oaf with a combover getting loud tends to get everyone quivering and quaking.

He sounds like a lout at the bar - right down to the apparent belief that repetition of a simple phrase will strengthen the message.

He says it with surety!!! Lol...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 05:28:39 PM

Hmmm...first he's warming to dictators and therefore probably is one himself but then he's such a joke that he's their laughing stock? Which is it?  ::)

3OctaveFart

Excuse me big boy, I recall being promised at least a preliminary draft of a plan to defeat ISISSSSSS (he also loves to carries out that consonant, for what he thinks is rhetorical conceit) ... within thirty fucking days of his taking office.

Crickets. Like the sound of your pizza nest on a Friday night.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2017, 05:34:06 PM
Hmmm...first he's warming to dictators and therefore probably is one himself but then he's such a joke that he's their laughing stock? Which is it?  ::)

Well unless you've lived in a cave for the last two years or so, you'll know he needs and craves adoration. He's a narcissist and a bully. In his world its about him. Other people are only useful if they make him look good and encourage others to do the same. He has an attention span measured in seconds.

He's a joke because only he takes himself seriously. No-one else does, but other rulers see him as a useful idiot, and he admires them because he sees himself as a tough guy. It wouldn't surise me if Putin told him to push the PM of Montenegro out of the way; Montenegro is a thorn in Putin's side, so a visual with his bitch doing that would make Putin chuckle and let Trump feel he was pleasing his master. The expression on Trump's face afterwards looking into the distance at nothing in particular was a bit of a giveaway. "Did I do good Master Vladamir?".

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 05:43:58 PM
Well unless you've lived in a cave for the last two years or so, you'll know he needs and craves adoration. He's a narcissist and a bully. In his world its about him. Other people are only useful if they make him look good and encourage others to do the same. He has an attention span measured in seconds.

He's a joke because only he takes himself seriously. No-one else does, but other rulers see him as a useful idiot, and he admires them because he sees himself as a tough guy. It wouldn't surise me if Putin told him to push the PM of Montenegro out of the way; Montenegro is a thorn in Putin's side, so a visual with his bitch doing that would make Putin chuckle and let Trump feel he was pleasing his master. The expression on Trump's face afterwards looking into the distance at nothing in particular was a bit of a giveaway. "Did I do good Master Vladamir?".

Muh Russia.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2017, 05:51:17 PM
Muh Russia.  ::)

You asked "Which is it?"

I explained it. Now you know.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 05:39:41 PM
Excuse me big boy, I recall being promised at least a preliminary draft of a plan to defeat ISISSSSSS (he also loves to carries out that consonant, for what he thinks is rhetorical conceit) ... within thirty fucking days of his taking office.

Crickets. Like the sound of your pizza nest on a Friday night.

Bitch boy here is mad that Trump hasn't defeated ISIS, but doesn't care that King Kenyan Barry, and Corrupt Cunt Clinton are the ones who created the situation that allowed ISIS to start and flourish.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJWtimL7C0

3OctaveFart

I am going to enjoy watching people like you lose your shirts over the next few years, due to this misadventure. Hopefully you're also draft eligible.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 05:58:10 PM
I am going to enjoy watching people like you lose your shirts over the next few years, due to this misadventure. Hopefully you're also draft eligible.

Next few years?

I thought Trump was going to be impeached ANY DAY NOW!!!

Anywoo, we will see during the mid-terms, so far though it's not looking to good for the Demoshitstains.

3OctaveFart

Our Constitution has built-in antibodies and they take more than a few days or even a few months to take effect.

I'd peg impeachment at 2018 and offered a cash wager, but you pussed out.

Like the twat you are.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
Our Consitution has built-in antibodies and they take more than a few days or even a few months to take effect.

I'd peg impeachment at 2018 and offered a cash wager, but you pussed out.

Like the twat you are.

Explain how you would be compelled to pay your bet when you lose?

Seems a bit foolish to bet someone anonymous,money over the internet.

I don't want to give some seditious shit stain liberal any of my personal information in hopes of collecting my winnings.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on May 26, 2017, 06:20:48 PM
Explain how you would be compelled to pay your bet when you lose?

Seems a bit foolish to bet someone anonymous,money over the internet.

I don't want to give some seditious shit stain liberal any of my personal information in hopes of collecting my winnings.

Speakng of sedition, how are you on the allegation (not denied by the WH) that Kushner discussed in Trump Tower a covert communication system direct to the Kremlin with the Russian ambassador, who apparently was taken aback by the suggestion? Oh, he wondered too about if the could use the Russian commes centre.

Apparently his lawyers say he ommitted to mention it on his security clearance application in error. Hey, we've all done it eh?

I don't know what you think, but the spooks might think that suggests espionage. Still, no doubt it won't involve the removal of his security clearance because Trump needs a buddy, even if its his wifedaughter's other half.

Winning.

3OctaveFart

Yeah, that is a funny one - a libertarian accused of advocating sedition by a pile of garbage who shakes his tits for a gang of traitors.

Even Comrade Kislyak is starting to sweat all of this out back in Mother Russia. Think he'll be able to blame the Washington Post?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 06:35:47 PM
Yeah, that is a funny one - a libertarian accused of advocating sedition by a pile of garbage who shakes his tits for a gang of traitors.

Even Comrade Kislyak is starting to sweat all of this out back in Mother Russia. Think he'll be able to blame the Washington Post?

Makes sense now how Trump said he'd never put his family in the WH, and in true Trump style, lied and did just that. Wax model Jared being given the planet as his portfolio (and not qualified for any of the jobs) makes sense too if he was to report directly to Putin for instructions.

I wonder if Jared's dad will visit him in prison in spirit like Jared used to visit him?  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 09:06:22 AM
Germany are 'evil' for exploiting a free market economy? Selling cars to Americans who get on waiting lists to buy them.
Psst. Lamborghini is part of VAG. German.  ;D
Yep, Germany runs Europe, both with their finance, chemical companies and EU governments in most aspects. They own most of your famous car mfgs now. If not them some Malaysian or Indian group does. I think the only decent British cars not owned by foreigners is McLaren and TVG. The Krauts even own RRs and Bentley! And dot-not-feather-indians own Landrover and Jaguar. Though I would suspect that much of the design and engineer for those I've mentioned are still done more locally? Like the Germans and Japs (the Axis foes we beat) mfg many of their cars for the N.American market at US factories but the design/engineering (and figuring out ways to twerk computer modules to cheat laws and regulations on miles-per-gallon and environmental claims) in-house at their German buildings.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 06:29:38 PM
Speakng of sedition, how are you on the allegation (not denied by the WH) that Kushner discussed in Trump Tower a covert communication system direct to the Kremlin with the Russian ambassador, who apparently was taken aback by the suggestion? Oh, he wondered too about if the could use the Russian commes centre.

Apparently his lawyers say he ommitted to mention it on his security clearance application in error. Hey, we've all done it eh?

I don't know what you think, but the spooks might think that suggests espionage. Still, no doubt it won't involve the removal of his security clearance because Trump needs a buddy, even if its his wifedaughter's other half.

Winning.

(((Kushner)))

A jew is doing jewy things?

Color me surprised.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 06:46:37 PM
Yep, Germany runs Europe, both with their finance, chemical companies and EU governments in most aspects. They own most of your famous car mfgs now. If not them some Malaysian or Indian group does. I think the only decent British cars not owned by foreigners is McLaren and TVG. The Krauts even own RRs and Bentley! And dot-not-feather-indians own Landrover and Jaguar. Though I would suspect that much of the design and engineer for those I've mentioned are still done more locally? Like the Germans and Japs (the Axis foes we beat) mfg many of their cars for the N.American market at US factories but the design/engineering (and figuring out ways to twerk computer modules to cheat laws and regulations on miles-per-gallon and environmental claims) in-house at their German buildings.

Then how does that explain why American cars don't sell well in the USA? Trump calling Germany evil is just idiotc after he's cosied up to several really evil dictators. He has no idea what the definition means. But then, his vocabulary is about the same as an average eleven year old. His temperament a much lower age range.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on May 26, 2017, 06:51:17 PM
(((Kushner)))

A jew is doing jewy things?

Color me surprised.

Better than that. He's closer than a close thing to Trump. What are you betting Trump didn't know? In round figures. This round? O?

Then this could explain why Flynn wanted immunity, but has a story to tell. Could explain him invoking the fifth. Nothing to see...

Steel plants reopened yet?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 06:51:39 PM
Then how does that explain why American cars don't sell well in the USA? Trump calling Germany evil is just idiotc after he's cosied up to several really evil dictators. He has no idea what the definition means. But then, his vocabulary is about the same as an average eleven year old. His temperament a much lower age range.
I'm not sure what is selling. Here they sell pretty well. Though you see lots of Toyota pickups also. But nobody else, really makes big enough vehicles to haul stuff around. BWN, Mercedes, Landrover, makes decent sized vehicles for a small boat or something but you aren't going to want to really 'use' those for any fun or towing and so expensive to fix and, in Landrover's case, find parts after a few years.

I knew several Germans who had US cars (though the GM/Opel there I think is German owned after GM pulled out a few years ago?) But the main reason is Germans are very nationalistic and will buy their products and the German government is very friendly to large German conglomerates (some of whom have lasted generations despite participation and profiteering- including slave labor- in WWI, WWII, NAZIs, etc. And willing to overlook at lot of corruption that you see pop up at VW, Siemens, Audi, etc every so often.)

But main reason: if American companies wanted to be in that market they would need to product cars wanted by consumers providing some value consumers want. I recall driving a Rover 75 (I think? Also I think Ford owned Rover then?) of a British colleague to Dusseldorf and was white-knuckled and frustrated just due to size of parking spaces and tight streets (compared to my VW Polo at the time.) It was nice on the highways/autobahns but frustratingin the cities. Likewise my Polo was a potential deathtrap on the autobahn because max speed and a tin can, basically but got great mileage. I can't imagine my pickup or a Chevy Suburban on those streets and with European gasoline prices! If GM wants to get into that market you make things people want to buy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 06:56:02 PM
Better than that. He's closer than a close thing to Trump.

That's the best analogy you could come up with?! It's not even a real analogy. White on rice...something! You're really not even trying anymore. How do you expect people to take your propaganda seriously?  ::)