• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 07:07:29 PM
I'm not sure what is selling. Here they sell pretty well. Though you see lots of Toyota pickups also. But nobody else, really makes big enough vehicles to haul stuff around. BWN, Mercedes, Landrover, makes decent sized vehicles for a small boat or something but you aren't going to want to really 'use' those for any fun or towing and so expensive to fix and, in Landrover's case, find parts after a few years.

I knew several Germans who had US cars (though the GM/Opel there I think is German owned after GM pulled out a few years ago?) But the main reason is Germans are very nationalistic and will buy their products and the German government is very friendly to large German conglomerates (some of whom have lasted generations despite participation and profiteering- including slave labor- in WWI, WWII, NAZIs, etc. And willing to overlook at lot of corruption that you see pop up at VW, Siemens, Audi, etc every so often.)

But main reason: if American companies wanted to be in that market they would need to product cars wanted by consumers providing some value consumers want. I recall driving a Rover 75 (I think? Also I think Ford owned Rover then?) of a British colleague to Dusseldorf and was white-knuckled and frustrated just due to size of parking spaces and tight streets (compared to my VW Polo at the time.) It was nice on the highways/autobahns but frustratingin the cities. Likewise my Polo was a potential deathtrap on the autobahn because max speed and a tin can, basically but got great mileage. I can't imagine my pickup or a Chevy Suburban on those streets and with European gasoline prices! If GM wants to get into that market you make things people want to buy.

As I said in a previous post, the top five selling cars in the USA are Japanese. Probably the same in the UK, though the UK also has other VAG products, Skoda and SEAT (Spanish) not available in the USA as far as I know. Personally, I've had three Saabs, a Ford (great little car when it had decent tyres on it), a Mercedes and a Volvo. My head says Japanese or even Malaysian, but for me, they're too plasticky inside and the seats not comfortable enough. Comfort at my age is everything, I don't need high speed, I got those thrills in my 20's and early 30's with bikes.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2017, 07:18:28 PM
That's the best analogy you could come up with?! It's not even a real analogy. White on rice...something! You're really not even trying anymore. How do you expect people to take your propaganda seriously?  ::)

You're right (law of averages, it had to happen), a fly on shit is a better analogy.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 07:30:33 PM
As I said in a previous post, the top five selling cars in the USA are Japanese. Probably the same in the UK, though the UK also has other VAG products, Skoda and SEAT (Spanish) not available in the USA as far as I know. Personally, I've had three Saabs, a Ford (great little car when it had decent tyres on it), a Mercedes and a Volvo. My head says Japanese or even Malaysian, but for me, they're too plasticky inside and the seats not comfortable enough. Comfort at my age is everything, I don't need high speed, I got those thrills in my 20's and early 30's with bikes.
I hear you. My main concern is legroom and the less gadgetry the better. Just more problems to fix down the road at high prices- because with all the electronics and computers you won't be able to fix or even diagnose much at home. I also like manual transmissions but, honestly, with the traffic? And I don't like the "F1" and "hybrid" shifting stuff. It is sorta of cool, at first but feels lacking. Like a bike with training wheels. I've had some in rental cars and it felt weird. Like "why bother" just get an automatic or stay in that mode. I'm not racing. Something about an actual clutch to depress and shift makes it fun though and feel in more control- and I think also would help eliminate "distracted driving." Harder to eat, shave, drink, and talk on your cell phone if you need to be downshifting etc.
ps: Saabs! Ha. And Alphas. Fun cars and good looking but always problems and hard to find parts. (Not sure on newer ones but historically, at least here.) Alpha actually is advertising the heck here recently. I guess making a push again into the market?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 07:39:21 PM
I hear you. My main concern is legroom and the less gadgetry the better. Just more problems to fix down the road at high prices- because with all the electronics and computers you won't be able to fix or even diagnose much at home. I also like manual transmissions but, honestly, with the traffic? And I don't like the "F1" and "hybrid" shifting stuff. It is sorta of cool, at first but feels lacking. Like a bike with training wheels. I've had some in rental cars and it felt weird. Like "why bother" just get an automatic or stay in that mode. I'm not racing. Something about an actual clutch to depress and shift makes it fun though and feel in more control- and I think also would help eliminate "distracted driving." Harder to eat, shave, drink, and talk on your cell phone if you need to be downshifting etc.
ps: Saabs! Ha. And Alphas. Fun cars and good looking but always problems and hard to find parts. (Not sure on newer ones but historically, at least here.) Alpha actually is advertising the heck here recently. I guess making a push again into the market?

The two 9000 Saabs (one a 2.3 litre light pressure turbo CSE hatchback, the other a rare two litre non cat, full Garret turbo Carlsson) were faultless. Never missed a beat and the cabin was a robust secure haven. Supremely comfortable seats and beautifully laid out dash and switches. The 9/3 (GM era- GM bought Saab in 94) went well, but the interior fell apart if so much as looked at funny. It just wasn't the same. God only knows why I never lost my license with the Carlsson, jeeze it was quick.

3OctaveFart

They haven't even flopped a king and these guys are starting to squirm.

Who could imagine a New Jersey slumlord would prove less than ethical and clueless about foreign relations?

Bye-bye, Jared. Thanks for playing.

mikuthing01

Modern American cars and trucks are shit ~desu All of them are going downhill though even Toyota is not as good as it used to be they keep cheapening everything. Cars are to the point of being so cheap they don't even give you a dipstick tube to check your own fluid. I mostly blame emissions standards for killing reliability they keep adding more gears to transmissions to squeeze MPG's. I heard that the new Chrysler autos are going to be 8 speeds, them motherfuckers couldent even build a 4 speed to last now they are adding 4 more speeds LOL!

GravitySucks

Quote from: 初音ミク 追加する on May 26, 2017, 07:59:20 PM
Modern American cars and trucks are shit ~desu All of them are going downhill though even Toyota is not as good as it used to be they keep cheapening everything. Cars are to the point of being so cheap they don't even give you a dipstick tube to check your own fluid. I mostly blame emissions standards for killing reliability they keep adding more gears to transmissions to squeeze MPG's. I heard that the new Chrysler autos are going to be 8 speeds, them motherfuckers couldent even build a 4 speed to last now they are adding 4 more speeds LOL!

They aren't building their own. They are using this one under license. A lot of manufacturers are doing the same thing. Just ordering custom shift points/torque curves. Its all in the software these days.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 07:55:39 PM
They haven't even flopped a king and these guys are starting to squirm.

Who could imagine a New Jersey slumlord would prove less than ethical and clueless about foreign relations?

Bye-bye, Jared. Thanks for playing.

Trump protected Flynn, gave him a job and even now misses him. All makes sense if he's scared shitless Flynn will sing about him and Jared and the Russians. The cherry on top is Jared is alleged to have suggested using Russian consulate and embassy commes to bypass the US monitoring. The idiot clearly completely overlooking that those commes are more likely to be tapped than WH ones.
Ivanka will wait. Definitley.

mikuthing01

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2017, 08:08:24 PM
They aren't building their own. They are using this one under license. A lot of manufacturers are doing the same thing. Just ordering custom shift points/torque curves. Its all in the software these days.

I don't know much about ZF transmissions i think Ford used them and i don't fuck with Fords. I am mainly experienced with manuals Borg Warner T18's, Muncie SM465's, New Venture 4500's and 3550's and Asian Warner AX15's. And i can throw a Peugeot BA10 10 feet on a good day.

TigerLily

Trump to set up 'war room' to repel attacks over Russia probe - Reuters

So the White House has a new War Room to attack American investigators and media and support their support of supporting Russia. Steve Breitbart Bannon will be back in the Fake News biz again as the War Room Czar Oligarch. The word is Jared and Tass already installed the War Room's back channel hotline to the Kremlin so they can receive their daily talking points directly from Putin

No. I'm not disgusted or disillusioned. Much

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 08:12:37 PM
Trump protected Flynn, gave him a job and even now misses him. All makes sense if he's scared shitless Flynn will sing about him and Jared and the Russians. The cherry on top is Jared is alleged to have suggested using Russian consulate and embassy commes to bypass the US monitoring. The idiot clearly completely overlooking that those commes are more likely to be tapped than WH ones.
Ivanka will wait. Definitley.

I hear Flynn has a lovely singing voice. And I hear Jared actually speaks

3OctaveFart

That war-room business is all Bannon. He has been known to use the ridiculous term for his playpen.

I would honestly expect a crime family to be better skilled than this.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 26, 2017, 08:26:19 PM
That war-room business is all Bannon. He has been known to use the ridiculous term for his playpen.

I would honestly expect a crime family to be better skilled than this.

The mafia would be embarrassed with such incompetence. They'd turn themselves in on charges of terminal stupidity. The problem for Kushner (and who knows who else) is their supreme arrogance in really thinking they're way way above the mere mortals. Oh wow, is Rudi in cell 21 going to enjoy his new shower friend. Bit waxy, but he'll cope.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on May 26, 2017, 08:23:57 PM
Trump to set up 'war room' to repel attacks over Russia probe - Reuters

So the White House has a new War Room to attack American investigators and media and support their support of supporting Russia. Steve Breitbart Bannon will be back in the Fake News biz again as the War Room Czar Oligarch. The word is Jared and Tass already installed the War Room's back channel hotline to the Kremlin so they can receive their daily talking points directly from Putin

No. I'm not disgusted or disillusioned. Much

Isn't that what you always wanted though?!  ???

A communist telling us to fear "communists."  ;D

This is for you, sweet cheeks.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 08:42:01 PM
The mafia would be embarrassed with such incompetence. They'd turn themselves in on charges of terminal stupidity. The problem for Kushner (and who knows who else) is their supreme arrogance in really thinking they're way way above the mere mortals. Oh wow, is Rudi in cell 21 going to enjoy his new shower friend. Bit waxy, but he'll cope.
I thought Russia was the mafia mafiya? Now you are saying they aren't?  :o

ps: RIP, you know he died happy with the new Russian encirclement, proxy wars, sanctions, and new cold war! Even YP didn't hate the Russians as much as him! Pol Pot? Ok! Chi-Coms? Ok! Militant islamic terrorist groups? Ok! Because the Russians, the Russians, the Russians (and back then they were actually more of a threat and were, at least on paper, communists intent on world, or regional, domination. Which is why lots of the hard left liked them, back then.)
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/zbigniew-brzezinski-dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html?_r=0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

ps: RIP, you know he died happy with the new Russian encirclement, proxy wars, sanctions, and new cold war! Even YP didn't hate the Russians as much as him!
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/zbigniew-brzezinski-dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html?_r=0

Good riddance to that asshole!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcjWd-O4jI

Hog

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2017, 08:08:24 PM

yup, the new 10 speed to be used in the newest Fords and GMs was a collective effort.  Blah!

ZF is a quality trans builder, GM used them for the 6 speed manual LT5 powered, Lotus designed(owned by GM at this point), Mercruiser manufactured for the 1990-1995 ZR-1 Corvette.
The new 2018 ZR1 may have an auto trans as an option. 1st time a ZR-1/ZR1 Vette will have an auto.

peace
Hog

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

ps: RIP, you know he died happy with the new Russian encirclement, proxy wars, sanctions, and new cold war! Even YP didn't hate the Russians as much as him! Pol Pot? Ok! Chi-Coms? Ok! Militant islamic terrorist groups? Ok! Because the Russians, the Russians, the Russians (and back then they were actually more of a threat and were, at least on paper, communists intent on world, or regional, domination. Which is why lots of the hard left liked them, back then.)

He was half Polish. That's why he hated the Russians. Poles today do. With a passion.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 10:08:20 PM
He was half Polish. That's why he hated the Russians. Poles today do. With a passion.

Oh sure! Let's have Poland run the world!  ::) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 10:08:20 PM
With reason!! They have reason to not like your German EU controllers (and your royals, who are German but took a stage-name) who were fighting them back then) also! Though the Poles never did like those Russians, Swedes, Lithuanians, etc etc. And the Joose either, so not politically-correct and deserve their fate, I guess. They have a bad lot in the lottery of Europe, get it from all sides, without much natural defenses. Luckily those Swedes and Lithuanians, who used to be a concern for them also, have gone away to small status or to just Islamic rape.  ;) And the Germans are too busy consolidating power in the EU and dealing with the financial take over of various marginal EU countries. Too bad you all can't your act together though with regard to the Muzzies, though. Sobeiski stopped Islam from invading when those peaceful types, you love now in the UK, tried centuries ago! And I'm sure Poland, and other like you YP are concerned about the rise of Russia.

Zetaspeak

Finally some good news. The Conjuring 3 is being made and it looks terrifying

Not only did Barock steal Jimmy Carter's legacy of being our worst modern president (if one can call his rejection of separation of powers ''modern''), now he's trying to steal his claim to being the worst ex-president as well.

WOTR

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 26, 2017, 08:40:00 AM
No, or at least not officially and "publicly" acknowledged yet. But the poster is staking his rep on his claims and has been tracking about 80 seperate Grand Jury indictments (last I heard) for the last couple weeks and this (apart from Kushner, also in hot water) ...

Any day now the 'inside sources" and "GOP insiders" are bound to be right.  You realize you make yourself look like a moron posting this crap, right? Why not wait for one of the mainstream "fake news" sources to actually confirm and report on the stories rather than purposely spreading what you ***must*** know is BS?  How do you expect anybody to take you seriously when you go out looking for people who agree with you and repost it with no regard to accuracy?

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 16, 2017, 11:52:06 PM
GOP insider . . .

https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/864462783961853952

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2017, 03:26:51 PM
A coincidence in the sense that it's politically motivated by a bunch of deep state ideologues that need to be routed out of the FBI.  ;)
I think any  law enforcement official who would dare to show such insubordination as to investigate any white house official should be executed.  Make their damn families pay for the bullet, as well.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 26, 2017, 08:12:37 PM
The cherry on top is Jared is alleged to have suggested using Russian consulate and embassy commes to bypass the US monitoring. The idiot clearly completely overlooking that those commes are more likely to be tapped than WH ones.

Considering the president's phone calls were appearing the next day in the paper edited to present him at his most idiotic, these concerns don't seem entirely unreasonable.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 27, 2017, 06:30:44 AM
Considering the president's phone calls were appearing the next day in the paper edited to present him at his most idiotic, these concerns don't seem entirely unreasonable.

"And there your honour, the defence rests".  ;D