• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: AZZERAE on September 05, 2020, 04:13:31 AM

LOL.  Ya, good luck with anyone getting the poster boy for corporate suck-up fired.  The corporate suits at PremRat seem to be even more clueless than usual.  Snorge and Tommee have been skipping-out early for years and no one in charge seems to give a rat’s ass about it.  Snorge would have to pull one massive PC blunder to get axed.  Can someone get him to say something bad about BLM on the air?

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 05, 2020, 05:09:30 AM
Nobody knows what he was talking about when he claimed the other night that 'I've been in front of audiences since 6 years old.'?

didn't he also claim he had a tryout with the Detroit Tigers?

pathological liar.
Look back a page or so and you’ll find our replies.  Basically, he was performing for the family.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on September 05, 2020, 04:53:50 AM
It’s simple. George always shows up.  He attends the endless corporate meetings and never makes an issue of anything.  He’s relatively cheap.  Sponsors still buy his show.  Upper management can pay no attention to the show and still make money and provide cheap programming for their stations.
In other words, George is an agreeable corporate toad.  Quality broadcasting has nothing to do with it.
Jorch sucks at a number of things but he appears to be a master corporate toady.  It must come naturally.

ItsOver

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on September 05, 2020, 05:12:31 AM
I can't understand why the producers keep trying to squeeze George into a mold in which he will never fit. Instead of endless shows with woo ladies and new age charlatans (which bore everyone), why not just let Snorge do only topics he finds interesting, such as: movies, vacuous celebrities,  pop music, Rat Pack, Liberace, Elvis, Las Vegas etc.  He does a better job when he's not bored to death. With these limited topics, George could ponder to his heart's content if a singer dying in his car would make a good movie. We would still be entertained by his inane remarks and bizarre observations and pronunciations, and I guarantee the Sad Pack would not jump ship. As for the rest of those out there in radio land...I don't think anyone else is listening.
50 shows a year, with Pat Boone as the guest.  I guess that could drive me to preferring shows with Doc Wallet.

aldousburbank

I happened to hear George discussing Freddie Mercury and Queen with a guest. George sez, I wonder why I wasn’t aware of Queen at the time they were big. Guest sez, yeah I was listening to Black Sabbath. George sez, I was listening to Paul Anka.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 05, 2020, 07:57:41 AM
I happened to hear George discussing Freddie Mercury and Queen with a guest. George sez, I wonder why I wasn’t aware of Queen at the time they were big. Guest sez, yeah I was listening to Black Sabbath. George sez, I was listening to Paul Anka.

I take him at his word he was listening to Paul Anka. He has to be the squarest man alive. He was 20 years old in 1970, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd etc and softer rock like Carole King, Neil Diamond, Elton John etc and this man knows none of it - he's fucking listening to Andy Williams, Pat Boone, Perry Como and Paul Anka.

I was 5 years old for fucks sake and I knew all those, from my sisters and older kids on in the neighborhood.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 05, 2020, 07:57:41 AM

Jorch was upping his game.  From “Tiny Bubbles” Lawrence Welk to Paul Anka.  What a wild man.

Uncle Duke

Just noticed the second guest tonight on C2C is going to be the granddaughter of one of the men who engaged in an overnight gun battle with the "little green men" on a farm in Kelly, KY back in 1955.  This was one of the epic UFO stories of the 1950s, with a lot more depth and corroboration than most are aware of.  Unfortunately, Connie Willis is doing the interview.

ItsOver

I don’t know if I’m ready to break my Giggleometer tonight.  ::)

pate

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 05, 2020, 04:43:23 AM
I'm afraid...

I soon learned (and pate will appreciate this)  that the Kit-Kat candy bar logo no longer contains a hyphen! Never did! Not "here."

Abs shoe flutely, Cam!

Hear is the weirdest, whackiest and wildest thing in the current reality I have inadvertently toad-hopped into:

[attachment=1,msg1418668]

Which eye reed as "Dave Won."

This is alarming at some level, but I find the force of nature that this proves is more about laughter at the cosmological constant Clown than anything else...

Perhaps we lost the ability to build a space elevator due to this Natural Law, but at minimum we did not lose the ability to laugh and point fingers?

It could be worse, after all;  what if all children born really were mean babies?

Mandelbrot Affect taketh and giveth away, Praise Be.

-p

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on September 05, 2020, 10:09:53 AM
I don’t know if I’m ready to break my Giggleometer tonight.  ::)

Dave calls it the "Gigolo-meter" in his wildest, wettest and whackiest drams...

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on September 05, 2020, 08:26:14 AM
Jorch was upping his game.  From “Tiny Bubbles” Lawrence Welk to Paul Anka.  What a wild man.

Dear lord, was there a rip in the office chair-seat fabric of reality last night?  Every one knows that Don Ho is the definitive "Tiny Bubbles" rendition!

https://youtu.be/t45DKmtzTHo

As a wanna-be Hawaiian, Dave should...  I just cannot finish typing that sentence.

Dave, stop, stop Dave...

-p

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on September 05, 2020, 01:28:59 PM
Dear lord, was there a rip in the office chair-seat fabric of reality last night?  Every one knows that Don Ho is the definitive "Tiny Bubbles" rendition!

https://youtu.be/t45DKmtzTHo

As a wanna-be Hawaiian, Dave should...  I just cannot finish typing that sentence.

Dave, stop, stop Dave...

-p
Hey, mahn.  Snorge knows a good thing when he hears it.

http://youtu.be/A5lqbly-2Qg

Don’t make me have Danno book yeeewww.

A lovely number, but these two do an even better rendition of: One Toke Over the Line. I'm not making this up.

Ciardelo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on September 05, 2020, 07:12:16 PM
A lovely number, but these two do an even better rendition of: One Toke Over the Line. I'm not making this up.

On the Lawrence Welk show. Awesome.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on September 05, 2020, 07:12:16 PM

Can't be any weirder than the Muzak version I heard once in an elevator in one of the Pentagon annexes.

It's on YouTube, but my connection to the internet is so tenuous, I can't share it.

I'm not into Connie Willis, but I will give tonight a go, because I've always loved the Kentucky Sutton Farm UFO case and am interested in hearing what Ms. Sutton has to say.

If you are interested the case, and have yet to listen to the song SCARY LITTLE GREEN MEN from Ozzy's latest record, I can't think of a more appropriate time:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORAfOEPUV3k

Silphion

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 05, 2020, 09:35:32 PM
I'm not into Connie Willis, but I will give tonight a go, because I've always loved the Kentucky Sutton Farm UFO case and am interested in hearing what Ms. Sutton has to say.

If you are interested the case, and have yet to listen to the song SCARY LITTLE GREEN MEN from Ozzy's latest record, I can't think of a more appropriate time:

OK, Ozzy sealed the deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2N7K-nbPsE

albrecht

He had good albums and career. Last few tours looked like he was Madame Toussades waxwork and couldn't remember lyrics. This sounds very auto-tuney. But not bad. And good Ozzy is still going. Never had the pipes like Dio did though. Norry has likely never heard of any of these people and I doubt Mama Norry even let Georgie listen to the bizarre metal album by Pat Boone. Which admittedly was a trip because so bizarre. The cover alone is worth it.  :o

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on September 05, 2020, 10:12:31 PM
the bizarre metal album by Pat Boone. Which admittedly was a trip because so bizarre. The cover alone is worth it.  :o

Uncle Duke

I went to the "Little Green Men Festival" at Kelly last year and got to talk to Ms Sutton Stith and buy her latest book.  She signed it, "Duke, don't let'em get ya."  If you want to get a really in depth review of the incident and it's aftermath, I recommend the "Astonishing Legends" three part podcast.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 05, 2020, 11:12:07 PM
I went to the "Little Green Men Festival" at Kelly last year and got to talk to Ms Sutton Stith and buy her latest book.  She signed it, "Duke, don't let'em get ya."  If you want to get a really in depth review of the incident and it's aftermath, I recommend the "Astonishing Legends" three part podcast.

Roger that recommendation. Thnx, Duke.

Jackstar

Quote from: Silphion on September 05, 2020, 09:51:19 PM
OK, Ozzy sealed the deal

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 05, 2020, 11:39:38 PM
It is just too appropriate to ignore. Heh.

Can confirm--though any song with "green" in the title that lasts four minutes and twenty seconds... well, it might not be tongue in cheek, but it's pretty cheeky, alright.

Quote from: Jackstar on September 05, 2020, 11:58:01 PM

Can confirm--though any song with "green" in the title that lasts four minutes and twenty seconds... well, it might not be tongue in cheek, but it's pretty cheeky, alright.

Observant you are, young Skywalker of time & space & Mr. Green Jeans/genes clocking in. Yes. Cheeky cheeky.