• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2020, 03:52:12 PM
Yes, indeed.  I heard a replay awhile back on “Somewhere in Time” and was calling “Trash!,” instead of “Truth.”  It was entertaining for it’s day but now we’re pretty jaded, especially after watching all the shenanigans with Art’s many returns, quittenings, and Heater Wade.

Ha...very true. I skipped many years between Art leaving C2C and coming back...over and over again...what a shit show.

Jackstar

...what a shit show.
[/quote]

Maybe you could ask for a refund.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on September 04, 2020, 05:30:32 PM
I think a more apt word to use would be, "melancholy."

You say that you can’t stop wetting the bed? Try sleeping on the couch!

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on September 04, 2020, 05:29:31 PM
...what a shit show.

Maybe you could ask for a refund.
”Hello, SiriusXM?...”

At least Richard Blade rocks.  Too bad I have to listen to the same shit, over and over.  Still beats Miley Cyrus and Dave Noorie.  ‘Merica started turning into a real shit show in the ‘90s. 

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2020, 05:38:02 PM
‘Merica started turning into a real shit show in the ‘90s.

Yeah, from 11/22/1963 to 09/11/01 12/31/99 was a real fuckin' party, n'est-ce pas?

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on September 04, 2020, 05:41:50 PM
Yeah, from 11/22/1963 to 09/11/01 12/31/99 was a real fuckin' party, n'est-ce pas?
The party ended when these fuckers showed up.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 04, 2020, 02:40:52 PM
I listened to the show the other night on U7 where "Bugs" talked to Bell and some 'footer live on the air.  It didn't age well, and now just sounds hokey.
I disagree. Especially because of the nicknames like Bugs and his buddy who shot and buried the Bigfoot. But if you listen to old shows, and aren't careful- say you are preoccupied doing something else and it is in background- you see that nothing much has changed in the country.

Talk about: borders and illegals. Gun grabs. War with N.Korea. UFOs. War with Russia. War with China (and them stealing our tech.) Political scandals (Clintons especially.) Extreme weather. Police brutality. Global Warming (Quickening.) Plane crashes. Militia stirrings. Viruses. Govt overreach. Bioweapons. rampant crime in the streets, NWO, "kids these days," Nano tech, biological modifications, AI, and, of course, supplements and health products.... Art just did it in a better way.

Gyoza Girl

"Michael in Virginia Beach" said we need to kick out all the Chinese students because apparently they're all spies. That's a good start, but it doesn't go far enough. We also need to get rid of all our China dishes, China cabinets and every last copy of "The China Syndrome" movie.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on September 04, 2020, 01:33:23 PM
Heh, sounds like the “secret” location of Bugs’ dead Bigfoot.  Art took it to the grave. Yeah, right.

Just listened to this show, wasn't impressed.  The old guy spent two, half hour segments (or half his two hour appearance) talking about two separate stories that supposedly happened in locations that must remain secret.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 04, 2020, 08:59:22 PM
Just listened to this show, wasn't impressed.  The old guy spent two, half hour segments (or half his two hour appearance) talking about two separate stories that supposedly happened in locations that must remain secret.

A lot of Rick Sterling's stuff seemed like a remix of RCH and a the latest Dale Brown novel- with some Tom Clancy and Stephen Coonts and old Art guests thrown in for good measure. Having said that, I agree with his stances on China/Russia and Space as the next military frontier and future frontier for exploration and what-not. Keeping in mind that a lot of stuff that seems Sci-Fi or bs just some decades ago is now real.

ItsOver

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on September 04, 2020, 08:11:29 PM
"Michael in Virginia Beach" said we need to kick out all the Chinese students because apparently they're all spies. That's a good start, but it doesn't go far enough. We also need to get rid of all our China dishes, China cabinets and every last copy of "The China Syndrome" movie.
And they need to take their damn virus back with them.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 04, 2020, 08:59:22 PM
Art was a master of radio entertainment but he had more than just a little P.T. Barnum in him.

ACE of CLUBS

Everett, Washington cancelled . . . . will George refund my ticket money?

Jackstar

Only if you fill out the application in boldface.

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on September 04, 2020, 10:58:08 PM

I am in danger of experiencing spontaneous human combustion if I comment on this again.

Someone more laid back and jacked up on lithium is required at the helm.

(This is the Captain speaking. Red Alert. Red Alert. This not a drill. I repeat. This is not a drill.)

Morgus

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on September 04, 2020, 10:58:08 PM
Noory said on the air it was not cancelled, only "postponed" but no new date is known yet.
So you are supposed to hold onto your ticket...  :P

ItsOver

Snorge wonders why he wasn’t into Queen.  He was into Paul Anka.   ;D
Then he wonders if he was a nerd.  No, Jorch.  You we’re a momma’s boy dork.

AvDaBr

George asked the guest how Queen competed against The Beatles.  This interview has gone as expected.

ItsOver

Quote from: AvDaBr on September 05, 2020, 12:15:29 AM
George asked the guest how Queen competed against The Beatles.  This interview has gone as expected.
LOL.  Punnett should be doing this, or at least Syrett or Knapp.  If Freddie was still around and listening, he would have blown his brains out by now.

Morgus

Cornelius called in and wanted Noory to do a "tribute" onair for Dr. Morgus
Noory told him he already did one a couple weeks ago, when he replayed that old bit where he punched him, for the umpteenth time - thats his idea of a "tribute" ;)

Why is everything that comes out of this man's mouth so odd? I don't believe in almost any of the paranormal stuff on Coast but I am suspicious that Noory may not be fully human and some kind of hybrid.

I just joined tonight's show hoping it was Knapp or Syrett or Punnett but alas, it was Noory - and it was open phones. So Jorch is talking about his earliest memories and regales us with his memory of his dad taking his mom to the hospital to give birth to his younger sister. nothing odd about that but he continued on,  'I told my mom this and she didn't believe me but then I described to her the color of the coat and dress she was wearing and she was shocked. I told her this when I was 15 OR 20.'  WTF - 15 ... or ...... 20. Who says shit like that?  A normal human being says 'I was 13 or 14' 'I was 18 or 19'  but this guy it's 15 or 20 -  those ages aren't even close. It's like being asked 'when did you lose your virginity?' and answering 'I was 17 or 29'

as has become his habit on Friday nights he and Tommy take off 20 minutes early and put on some old interview to finish the show.

very good, another matter to take up with Premiere/IHeart in my quest to get him fired.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 05, 2020, 02:46:58 AM
as has become his habit on Friday nights he and Tommy take off 20 minutes early and put on some old interview to finish the show.

very good, another matter to take up with Premiere/IHeart in my quest to get him fired.

I'm afraid the only way Noory will be leaving that job is by pine box express.

I don't have a good explanation for it, other than that his well thumbed copy of THE MAGIC OF BELIEVING actually worked and continues working for him.

Like gravity that permeates through all theoretical dimensions, I've noticed in EVERY side universe I've hopped to (like a toad leaping from Qliphoth to Qliphoth Outside the Circles of Time, per K. Grant. No need for any of that climbing serpent or descending sword business. ), George Noory is a constant.

Sometimes Tommy dies. Plane crash.

Sometimes Ian is fired. For getting into an actual shouting match with Steve Quayle because Quayle mentions that "giants had absolutely huge testicles, Ian."

All kinds of things go crazy after I hop.

But as Jimmy Page observed, "the George remains the same."

I don't know what shocks me most: All the different little things changed/missing OR the fact that Noory is always there.

When I hopped over this time, I soon learned that the vocalist for Boston had killed himself quite a while back! WTF?

I soon learned (and pate will appreciate this)  that the Kit-Kat candy bar logo no longer contains a hyphen! Never did! Not "here."

But I guess the biggest mind melt is the altering of our DNA to change the placement of our kidneys!

In every other side universe, a rabbit punch to the kidneys is still a thing - because they are LOWER. It fucking HURTS.

But here, the kidneys are protected by the ribcage!  I suppose boxers now wonder what all the fuss is about, but you could use to go to town on a man's kidneys and have him pissing blood by the third round. It is much different now that they are placed higher. Sorry, ROCKYs one thru six.

I could go on and on with these "Madela effects" but the fact is, I am the MOST shocked that Noory, never, ever gets fired.

Time for a Kit Kat bar break.

Looks fucked up without the hyphen, doesn't it?

But not NEARLY as screwy as hearing George phone it in and not be held accountable.

Some of you will be creeped out by what I've said. Hell, "I'm" creeped out by the difference in kidney evolution.

Back in my original string, they would have those heavy plaster Joe mannequins in health class where you could pass around Joe's pancrease or make jokes about instantly turning Joe into an attorney by removing his heart.

Someone here might recall how low and vulnerable Joe's kidneys were. Sure would have made more since if they were placed within the goddamn ribcage, right? Now they are.

I have to jump again. Soon. (I'm looking for someone.)

I gotta tell ya, I'm fucking terrified.

Juan

It’s simple. George always shows up.  He attends the endless corporate meetings and never makes an issue of anything.  He’s relatively cheap.  Sponsors still buy his show.  Upper management can pay no attention to the show and still make money and provide cheap programming for their stations.
In other words, George is an agreeable corporate toad.  Quality broadcasting has nothing to do with it.

Nobody knows what he was talking about when he claimed the other night that 'I've been in front of audiences since 6 years old.'?

didn't he also claim he had a tryout with the Detroit Tigers?

pathological liar.

I can't understand why the producers keep trying to squeeze George into a mold in which he will never fit. Instead of endless shows with woo ladies and new age charlatans (which bore everyone), why not just let Snorge do only topics he finds interesting, such as: movies, vacuous celebrities,  pop music, Rat Pack, Liberace, Elvis, Las Vegas etc.  He does a better job when he's not bored to death. With these limited topics, George could ponder to his heart's content if a singer dying in his car would make a good movie. We would still be entertained by his inane remarks and bizarre observations and pronunciations, and I guarantee the Sad Pack would not jump ship. As for the rest of those out there in radio land...I don't think anyone else is listening.