• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on September 07, 2020, 02:47:10 PM
I guess a lawyer, judge or theologian would have to figure that out. Ian Punnett would probably have an opinion. But Walt cited the Great Flood and Sodom and Gomorrah to argue his case. Surely not everyone on the planet or living in those two cities deserved to die.
Why should philosophical, teleological, legal, or even theological discussions only be relegated to those people? Cannot you think for yourself? Don't rely on authority too much. Sure to a point but everyone can should be able to think for themselves, use at least basic logic, have some underlying knowledge of the legal system, and be familiar with history, religion(s,) and philosophy of those before us who have argued such things ever since we became sentient and had some free time on our hands. Or not.

Ian Punnett would likely have an answer to Walt's comment(s) but it would, likely, be milquetoast but with some decent citations. I think Ian has dealt with Walt before but I forget exactly on which issues. I love when Walt calls in. Da' Bears.

ps: not everybody in those places, planet or 'those two cities,' died- even in those 'stories' - although it could be argued that they all deserved it.  ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on September 07, 2020, 04:55:30 PM
Just no respect at all for elders, anymore.  Now get off my damn lawn!

Can I wash your car?

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 07, 2020, 06:55:10 PM

Don’t take it personally.  Hell, man, I don’t think even touch it!

albrecht

Even Norry "who is always here for you on holidays" had to duck out early during some guy who was connecting Reike healing and unicorns. Norry expressed the view that "he has always been fascinated by unicorns." The guest said that something like "well I wasn't. Unicorns was just something I saw on girls folders and posters when he was growing up." He only became interested in unicorns as an adult reike healer and computer programmer, or something. So Norry ducked out and replayed the awful "Tell-tale Heart" rendering.  :(

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 07, 2020, 08:14:32 PM
Even Norry "who is always here for you on holidays" had to duck out early during some guy who was connecting Reike healing and unicorns. Norry expressed the view that "he has always been fascinated by unicorns." The guest said that something like "well I wasn't. Unicorns was just something I saw on girls folders and posters when he was growing up." He only became interested in unicorns as an adult reike healer and computer programmer, or something. So Norry ducked out and replayed the awful "Tell-tale Heart" rendering.  :(
LOL.  The Great Suck continues.

Juan

GN -  “For those who don’t know, a unicorn is basically a horse with a horn on its head.”

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on September 08, 2020, 10:17:33 AM
GN -  “For those who don’t know, a unicorn is basically a horse with a horn on its head.”
Ha!

“For those who don’t know, GNS.”

Gyoza Girl

Another one of George's anti-vaxxer guests last night.

George: "Who needs a vaccine? Polio was just a hoax."

Morgus

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on September 08, 2020, 10:56:11 AM
Another one of George's anti-vaxxer guests last night.

George: "Who needs a vaccine? Polio was just a hoax."
Noory always brings up how he got the polio vaccine in the 50's as a little kid and that it contained "monkey viruses" :o

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on September 08, 2020, 06:50:10 PM
Noory always brings up how he got the polio vaccine in the 50's as a little kid and that it contained "monkey viruses" :o
SV40

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

"From 1955 to 1963, an estimated 10-30% of polio vaccines administered in the US were contaminated with simian virus 40 (SV40). The virus came from monkey kidney cell cultures used to make polio vaccines at that time. Most of the contamination was in the inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), but it was also found in oral polio vaccine (OPV).  After the contamination was discovered, the U.S. government established testing requirements to verify that all new lots of polio vaccines were free of SV40.  Because of research done with SV40 in animal models, there has been some concern that the virus could cause cancer in humans. However, most studies looking at the relationship between SV40 and cancers are reassuring, finding no causal association between receipt of SV40-contaminated polio vaccine and development of cancer.  No vaccines used today contain SV40 virus." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV40

Silphion

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2020, 07:10:37 PM
SV40

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

"From 1955 to 1963, an estimated 10-30% of polio vaccines administered in the US were contaminated with simian virus 40 (SV40). The virus came from monkey kidney cell cultures used to make polio vaccines at that time. Most of the contamination was in the inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), but it was also found in oral polio vaccine (OPV).  After the contamination was discovered, the U.S. government established testing requirements to verify that all new lots of polio vaccines were free of SV40.  Because of research done with SV40 in animal models, there has been some concern that the virus could cause cancer in humans. However, most studies looking at the relationship between SV40 and cancers are reassuring, finding no causal association between receipt of SV40-contaminated polio vaccine and development of cancer.  No vaccines used today contain SV40 virus." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV40

The 𝑅𝑎𝑏𝑏𝑖𝑡 𝐻𝑜𝑙𝑒 doth beckon

[attachment=1]

"The 1964 murder of a nationally known cancer researcher sets the stage for this gripping exposé of medical professionals enmeshed in covert government operations over the course of three decades. Following a trail of police records, FBI files, cancer statistics, and medical journals, this revealing book presents evidence of a web of medical secret-keeping that began with the handling of evidence in the JFK assassination and continued apace, sweeping doctors into coverups of cancer outbreaks, contaminated polio vaccine, the arrival of the AIDS virus, and biological weapon research using infected monkeys."

albrecht

Quote from: Silphion on September 08, 2020, 08:24:09 PM

"The 1964 murder of a nationally known cancer researcher sets the stage for this gripping exposé of medical professionals enmeshed in covert government operations over the course of three decades. Following a trail of police records, FBI files, cancer statistics, and medical journals, this revealing book presents evidence of a web of medical secret-keeping that began with the handling of evidence in the JFK assassination and continued apace, sweeping doctors into coverups of cancer outbreaks, contaminated polio vaccine, the arrival of the AIDS virus, and biological weapon research using infected monkeys."
Yeah, I was going to mention that but book figured "just the facts, ma'am" because I figured someone else would mention that book- and the seemingly ever-expanding tentacles of that story.
Plus Morgus, being in NOLA, should know all about that stuff!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Silphion on September 08, 2020, 08:24:09 PM

[attachment=1,msg1419565]

And that book pares with this one- The story of the cancer researcher who became Oswald’s mistress. If her story is true then Lee ends up being the most tragic hero figure in modern American history.

Morgus

Old Bill the AAA just called in! Haven't heard from him for many months.
Of course he introduces himself right away as an "atheist" and repeats it several times...

Morgus

The other regular atheist caller Walt called in too!

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on September 09, 2020, 12:21:50 AM
Old Bill the AAA just called in! Haven't heard from him for many months.
Of course he introduces himself right away as an "atheist" and repeats it several times...
I didn’t pay much attention, as he was doing his usual blathering away, but he’s certainly easy to recognize, by his cadence, repetitiveness, and smug idiocy.

Jackstar

i woke up at about 3 or 4 in the morning - Norry was interviewing another of his woo ladies who has combined the winning combination of Edgar Allan Poe and tarot cards. As usual Norry was obsessed with Poe's ignominious death on the streets of Baltimore, the woman gave a few theories on how Poe met his end. Then there was a very obvious glitch in the NooryBot's RAM chipset - no sooner had the guest answered his question he repeated the exact same question leaving the guest flummoxed.

Juan

Obvious glitch.  Usually he waits 2-3 minutes before asking a question a guest has already answered.

Jackstar

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 09, 2020, 09:35:39 AM
Then there was a very obvious glitch in the NooryBot's RAM chipset - no sooner had the guest answered his question he repeated the exact same question leaving the guest flummoxed.

https://twitter.com/chicksonright/status/1067444167595487232

Seems legit.

ItsOver

i woke up at about 3 or 4 in the morning - Norry was interviewing another of his woo ladies who has combined the winning combination of Edgar Allan Poe and tarot cards. As usual Norry was obsessed with Poe's ignominious death on the streets of Baltimore, the woman gave a few theories on how Poe met his end. Then there was a very obvious glitch in the NooryBot's RAM chipset - no sooner had the guest answered his question he repeated the exact same question leaving the guest flummoxed.
No matter because corporate suit Ms. Julie will always love Jorch.

“George Noory assumed hosting duties on the program back in 2003.  He says, “I’m excited to carry the torch for years to come.  I want to thank the incredible team at Premiere and my amazing show staff, who have been with me since this remarkable journey started.”  Premiere Networks president Julie Talbott comments, “I’m continually amazed by the dedication and passion George has for ‘Coast to Coast AM’ and his audience.  George is the driving force behind the show’s continued success and we’re proud to extend our partnership.”

Any guess as to how many Dave Noorie shows Ms. Julie’s listened to?

aldousburbank

Then there was a very obvious glitch in the NooryBot's RAM chipset - no sooner had the guest answered his question he repeated the exact same question leaving the guest flummoxed.

That’s not a glitch. That’s a feature.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on September 09, 2020, 10:21:59 AM

“George Noory assumed hosting duties on the program back in 2003.  He says, “I’m excited to carry the torch for years to come.  I want to thank the incredible team at Premiere and my amazing show staff, who have been with me since this remarkable journey started.”  Premiere Networks president Julie Talbott comments, “I’m continually amazed by the dedication and passion George has for ‘Coast to Coast AM’ and his audience.  George is the driving force behind the show’s continued success and we’re proud to extend our partnership.”

She listened once to a Dave Norway show. They make new members of the Board listen to a show in the corporate Mist Tunnel, sort of a hazing ritual.
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Iheartmedia,-Inc./reviews?fjobtitle=Sales+Representative&ftopic=paybenefits
"Very little opportunity to progress.
Work culture is horrible and leadership does not know how to correct the issues.
Benefits are poor.
Not competitive in the Bay Area market."

As Mist Tunnels go, it looks weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29JnnKxN3w

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on September 09, 2020, 10:21:59 AM

It's difficult for me to believe the network does not "self scout" their own programs in an effort to improve them.  Perhaps with George/C2C they are complacent since there is no nationally syndicated all night radio show to compete against them.

Juan

It makes the company as much as it could hope for overnight.  Don’t change a good thing.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on September 09, 2020, 11:22:15 AM
It makes the company as much as it could hope for overnight.  Don’t change a good thing.
Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t be buying the crap their sponsors spew.  Ms. Julie no doubt loves that Dave has cornered the mentally challenged demographic. 

“Great job, Dave!  I’m off to my hairdresser.  Ta,ta...”

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 09, 2020, 11:00:36 AM
It's difficult for me to believe the network does not "self scout" their own programs in an effort to improve them.  Perhaps with George/C2C they are complacent since there is no nationally syndicated all night radio show to compete against them.

chefist

Who was that UFO guy that Noory made dance awkwardly at a panel discussion? Ha...I forget.