• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on February 17, 2012, 09:23:08 PM
It was not really a question, MV, just a subtle reference that I wonder if Art has found the Noory thread.
There are some very funny posts written on some of the hosts, and laughs can be shared.  I may still be too cryptic. 

Okay, I would imagine that Mr. Bell throughly enjoys the threads that we have discussing the plight of Coast and othe talk radio subjects.  However, there is also the massive Noory thread.  He might enjoy that one too, and enjoy the good humor.  (I am attempting to post politically correct here.)

ah, ok.  i don't know if there's a way to look at what a user viewed while on the forum.  there might be, but i've never investigated it.  all i know is when someone is on, basically... although you can see what someone is looking at WHILE they're on the forum.  i just don't think there's any sort of history you can look at.  i think it would be kinda creepy of me to look that deeply at individual users, anyway, so i pretty much just stay out of peoples' business in that way.  actually, i think all of the information i have about who is online and what they're looking at is available to regular account holders, too.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 17, 2012, 09:30:49 PM

ah, ok.  i don't know if there's a way to look at what a user viewed while on the forum.  there might be, but i've never investigated it.  all i know is when someone is on, basically... although you can see what someone is looking at WHILE they're on the forum.  i just don't think there's any sort of history you can look at.  i think it would be kinda creepy of me to look that deeply at individual users, anyway, so i pretty much just stay out of peoples' business in that way.  actually, i think all of the information i have about who is online and what they're looking at is available to regular account holders, too.
Thanks for answering.  I was not really sure how to phrase the questions since it was not really the topic of the thread. 

Now, back to Mr. Bell and Coast.  I would love to hear one interview that I don't remember happening, and that would be a round table of all of the most recent Coast hosts for about an hour, Mr. Bell included.  It could be led by maybe Whitley, but it could discuss show strategy, favorite topics, favorite callers and so forth. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on February 17, 2012, 09:38:08 PM
I was not really sure how to phrase the questions since it was not really the topic of the thread. 

nah, don't sweat that.  you don't have to worry about staying rigidly on topic.  nobody will mind.

entheos

I fell in love with Art Bell's show when I was living in AZ. The night desert air was highly conductive for strange ideas. I then moved to Thailand for a few years and streamed the show online - it was during that time Art lost his first wife. No disrespect to GN but he simply could not fill the absence that Art left. Off and on for years I've tried getting into the new Coast but it's lamely lackluster and unfulfilling to me personally. I tend to listen to classic Art shows over on ******* & other places I can on the web. Regardless, it's great to find this forum - people of like mind unite!

Morgus

Quote from: entheos on February 18, 2012, 01:43:47 AM
I fell in love with Art Bell's show when I was living in AZ. The night desert air was highly conductive for strange ideas. I then moved to Thailand for a few years and streamed the show online - it was during that time Art lost his first wife.
Do you mean Ramona Bell? That was Art's third wife.
Airyn (his current wife) is his fourth.
Check out  Art's autobiography "The Art of Talk"

Lester

Let’s play hardball!

How many divorces has Mr. Art Bell had?

Three?

Wrong!

When he divorced his previous wives he “divorced” his kids too.  He has no known relationship with his kids from prior (emphasis) marriages.

So let’s go with EIGHT divorces counting previous wives and kids.  Pick your own number because I’m not going to look it up.

Eight it IS.

Wrong again!

When Mr. Art Bell quit broadcasting he, too, “divorced” his previous wives, kids and his LOYAL AUDIENCE.

So, I suggest Mr. Bell divorced 50,000,008 people.  I’ll be generous and declare Bell had fifty-million listeners.

Eight of the 50,000,008 have moved on to a new life.

50,000,000 are waiting… and waiting… and waiting… for him to return.

Why?

We, aka “us”, for some reason cannot move on to a new life and are waiting for a guy 10 years out-of-the-loop to return to the airways and continue as he has in the past.

Have you ever listened to “Art Bell:  Somewhere In Time”?  Of course you and I have.  Except all of the predictions made decades ago were WRONG.

And to add insult to injury Mr. Bell gave us Noory as a replacement.

So WE have all been "divorced", too and Art Bell gave us Noory for alimony.

Bell has a history of bad decisions.  Name one good one.

Ok so the latest decision is he returned to Pahrump.  Yay.  But he returned with a very young wife who might wake-up and decide she misses Manila more than she like Pahrump and the cycle continues AGAIN.  Except she will own one-half everything.  Read: $$.

Art is leading his 50,000,000 loyal and fawning fans along again (AGAIN).  He has done this many times before.

Don't forget that Bell is the one that sold Coast To Coast and put his loyal fans on indefinite hold.

Hold your breath because we (all 50,000,000 of us) all just know that Bell will be on the air again soon!

I suggest that Mr. AB will return to the airways when he delivers Art Bell's Pizza Punch a product he hyped, promoted, took paid orders for and failed to deliver.

Playing hardball is his game.

11angeleyes11

A Sunday afternoon of slow pitch Somewhere in Time never hurt.

LaCross x anyone?

The General

Quote from: Lester on February 18, 2012, 06:22:13 PM
Let’s play hardball!

Three?

Wrong!

When he divorced his previous wives he “divorced” his kids too.  He has no known relationship with his kids from prior (emphasis) marriages.

So let’s go with EIGHT divorces counting previous wives and kids.  Pick your own number because I’m not going to look it up.

Eight it IS.

Wrong again!

When Mr. Art Bell quit broadcasting he, too, “divorced” his previous wives, kids and his LOYAL AUDIENCE.

So, I suggest Mr. Bell divorced 50,000,008 people.  I’ll be generous and declare Bell had fifty-million listeners.

Why?

We, aka “us”, for some reason cannot move on to a new life and are waiting for a guy 10 years out-of-the-loop to return to the airways and continue as he has in the past.

Have you ever listened to “Art Bell:  Somewhere In Time”?  Of course you and I have.  Except all of the predictions made decades ago were WRONG.

Ok so the latest decision is he returned to Pahrump.  Yay.  But he returned with a very young wife who might wake-up and decide she misses Manila more than she like Pahrump and the cycle continues AGAIN.  Except she will own one-half everything.  Read: $$.

Art is leading his 50,000,000 loyal and fawning fans along again (AGAIN).  He has done this many times before.

Don't forget that Bell is the one that sold Coast To Coast and put his loyal fans on indefinite hold.

Hold your breath because we (all 50,000,000 of us) all just know that Bell will be on the air again soon!

I suggest that Mr. AB will return to the airways when he delivers Art Bell's Pizza Punch a product he hyped, promoted, took paid orders for and failed to deliver.

Why would you take it so personally?  It's just a radio show.  He was the host, then he retired.  Art owes you and I nothing, and his personal life is none of our business.

Eddie Coyle

Art has 50 million fans?

YNOT

Haven' posted in here in a long time.  This may be old news, but I noticed Art responded to a facebook fan a couple of days before...

Let’s play hardball!

Three?

Wrong!

Eight it IS.

Wrong again!

Why?

Holy shit, Lester. You sound like JC Webster.

And are you really trying to tell me the the Santa Barbara Olive Oil Company failed to deliver the products you ordered? Did you contact them directly? I can put you in touch, but you've likely waited far too long for them to supply you with actual replacement Art Bell Pizza Punch. You will definitely have to settle for an alternative preparation of seasoned olive oil from the same vendor.

Also, by the way, FUCK YOU YOU STUPID IDIOT.

YNOT

Oops... Sorry about that previous post, I just read back a few pages and shit myself!
Art, Enjoy your retirement and that beautiful family of yours.  My daughter is 13 and my son is 11 now.
It feels like it was just yesterday, I was  holding my daughter in the middle of the night when she was just born, to give my wife a break. I never complained... it was always an excuse to listen to Coast to Coast am.  Enjoy every moment with Asia, they grow up way to fast!
And by the way, Thanks...

Citizen5510

I just love a good anagrammy

Quote from: Citizen5510 on February 19, 2012, 12:57:06 AM
I just love a good anagrammy
I see.  What is your opinion on 500+ word posts?

Usagi

I feel like the cool kid came to sit at our lunch table, we all acted really awkward, and now its the next day and we're left alone playing Magic cards at the dork table wondering if we imagined it all. ;p

I think I may know what happened... he actually *read* the thread...

BobGrau

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2012, 01:02:07 PM
I feel like the cool kid came to sit at our lunch table, we all acted really awkward, and now its the next day and we're left alone playing Magic cards at the dork table wondering if we imagined it all. ;p

I think I may know what happened... he actually *read* the thread...

No, we ARE the cool kids.

The man stopped by and said hi, but he didn't sign a contract for public appearances.
If we want Art to perform for us, we need to ask him an interesting, relevant question. I can't think of any right now.

Well, apart from 'sweet jesus, how could you sell us out to that fuckface noory?' which is more of a lament than a question really.

Harmness

Usagi

Quote from: BobGrau on February 19, 2012, 03:00:32 PMThe man stopped by and said hi, but he didn't sign a contract for public appearances.

Oh, don't get the impression that I'm in some sort of bratty "where did he go, I expect, nay, demand more" camp.  I was and still am in the "I can't believe my eyes" camp. Maybe it was the effect he had on my delicate little formative years late at night that causes him to loom inordinately large in my consciousness.  In any case, I personally find it difficult to have a casual "Oh, it was just Art stopping by, you know, whatever, totally normal" mentality, even if that's the case.  I am definitely not cool enough for that.

Scully

Being disappointed and being an angry brat are worlds apart. :-\

MV/Liberace!

what in the hell is a "loyal" audience, anyway?  does that mean you went out to art's home in pahrump and swept the sand off of his back porch?  did you gas his car?  your use of that term suggests art owes this "loyal" audience something.  horse shit, i say.  he delivered a quality show at no cost to you, and that's it.  nothing more, nothing less.  if you expect something more from him, you're a jizm satchel of the highest order and should be psychologically evaluated.

BobGrau

Didn't mean to sound harsh. I'm just slightly horrified by the idea that, after a year of worming my way into Coastgab, I discover it's 'the nerd's table'.  :o

Aby Normal

What are your favorite Art sayings?

Validating a guest he would respond with, "Oh....oh...."

"Red eyes always bother me"

"I do not like dark closets"

others???? what do you recall????

b_dubb

there was a show where some lady was blabbing on and on about dreams and sleep. for some reason the subject of erotic dreams came up. shortly after that Art made a remark about dreaming of Alicia Silverstone. the time of the original broadcast would have probably been late 90's early 00's. meaning a very you Alicia Silverstone. and Art. and his ... ummmm ... nevermind

"Jizm satchel" is the classiest slap to the face I've ever heard

BobGrau

Quote from: Aby Normal on February 19, 2012, 07:33:35 PM
What are your favorite Art sayings?

Validating a guest he would respond with, "Oh....oh...."

"Red eyes always bother me"

"I do not like dark closets"

others???? what do you recall????

Not so much a saying, just the tone in his voice when the guest's just said something that's connected up with something Art was thinking about. This happens with Ian as well. I imagine it happens to Knapp also but as much as I like the guy his voice never seems to change.

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on February 19, 2012, 07:41:36 PM
there was a show where some lady was blabbing on and on about dreams and sleep. for some reason the subject of erotic dreams came up. shortly after that Art made a remark about dreaming of Alicia Silverstone. the time of the original broadcast would have probably been late 90's early 00's. meaning a very you Alicia Silverstone. and Art. and his ... ummmm ... nevermind

Hopefully it was a time travel dream, into the future where she resembles the present-day Angela Lansbury...

Aby Normal

Quote from: b_dubb on February 19, 2012, 07:41:36 PM
  a very you Alicia Silverstone. and Art. and his ... ummmm ... nevermind

lol.... Art did appreciate females as well as felines!

Art really liked to say "Abynormal" ... it stuck.