• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

jazmunda

Deli servers that use gloves to handle your food but then take and give filthy money with those same gloved hands.

ksm32

Anyone who tells me as if to announce "I'm an old soul" in a conversation. FAIL!

wr250

1 car ordering 15 meals in the drive thru, and they wont pull off to the side and wait.
gas pumps that wont pump gas
people who do 15 mph in a 25, then cant make up their mind on where to go at the stops sign. then go the same way as you going 20 mph in a 35.
boys that take longer to buy clothes than both his sisters, combined.

Those are all pissers, 250.  I also hate when a chucklehead in an SUV or big truck takes a turn or driveway bump like someone inside is performing brain surgery.  Those vehicles are made to take a bump!

I am annoyed when the lead story in every golf tournament involves Eldrid Woods (Tiger).  He is almost 39, is a crappy, crappy person and a shadow of his former self. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on August 08, 2014, 06:55:25 PM

I am annoyed when the lead story in every golf tournament involves Eldrid Woods (Tiger).  He is almost 39, is a crappy, crappy person and a shadow of his former self.

The A Rod of golf. In practically every way. A product of the steroid age.

onan

Golf should be a capital offense.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on August 08, 2014, 08:24:46 PM
Golf should be a capital offense.

Only graveyards are more useless wastes of space than golf courses.

eddie dean

Quote from: wr250 on August 08, 2014, 06:03:53 PM
1 car ordering 15 meals in the drive thru, and they wont pull off to the side and wait.
people who do 15 mph in a 25, then cant make up their mind on where to go at the stops sign. then go the same way as you going 20 mph in a 35.

The people who turn into traffic in front of me, then continue in the same lane as me, but 10 mph slower than the speed limit. When I switch lanes to get past them, they suddenly decide to speed up like it's some kind of race. Sometimes aggressively zooming past me.  Annoying!
The urge to remove these ass clowns from this earth, is sometimes frighteningly strong.   >:(

This one's going out to Onan and Eddie Coyle.

One can only hope this scene was based on an actual event. I never tire of watching it.

http://youtu.be/OSPZ0fCEetg

I'm annoyed by anything other than dark printing on a white background, for more than a line or two.

A paragraph or more of white printing on a black background is the worst.

zeebo

That last corn dog in the family size package of like 40 corn dogs that you bought for the cheaper price per corn dog ratio but now you're sick of corn dogs and yet you don't want to waste that last friggin corn dog.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 08, 2014, 11:04:39 PM

One can only hope this scene was based on an actual event. I never tire of watching it.

I love that. I saw that movie at 1PM on Saturday, March 6, 1993. I liked it so much, I went back for the 10pm showing. And then cut school on the following Thursday to see it again.

Quote from: zeebo on August 08, 2014, 11:22:59 PM
That last corn dog in the family size package of like 40 corn dogs that you bought for the cheaper price per corn dog ratio but now you're sick of corn dogs and yet you don't want to waste that last friggin corn dog.

I feel the same about chicken wings from a Costco sized bag. Eventually there's the few you really can't look at anymore so you put the bag back in the freezer where it finds it's way to the back and then when you clean the freezer there they are, dessicated with freezer burn, and they get thrown out. And yet, it'd be wasting food to throw them away in the first place.

wr250

Quote from: wr250 on August 08, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

Quote from: eddie dean on August 08, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

The people who turn into traffic in front of me, then continue in the same lane as me, but 10 mph slower than the speed limit. When I switch lanes to get past them, they suddenly decide to speed up like it's some kind of race. Sometimes aggressively zooming past me.  Annoying!
The urge to remove these ass clowns from this earth, is sometimes frighteningly strong.   >:(

all that actually happened yesterday in the space of 1/2 hour (if you skip the 15 minutes the drive-thru morons spent deciding what to order and the next 15 minutes to get their food, yes i was trapped there for 30 minutes)

Yorkshire pud

Not sure it was annoying or a feeling of rage that the two concerned have no idea of what they're missing:

I walked past a cafe yesterday that had tables outside because of the sunshine. Both 'parents' and their three year old son. Both 'parents' had their faces stuck in smart phones and disregarded the child. Twenty minutes later when I walked past in the opposite direction, they were still transfixed with presumably twatter and fartberk, and the child was simply staring at his plate...

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 09, 2014, 03:32:24 AM
....Eventually there's the few you really can't look at anymore so you put the bag back in the freezer where it finds it's way to the back and then when you clean the freezer there they are, dessicated with freezer burn ....

Haha yes exactly, those last few get pushed to the back, filed under the "some day I'll have that" label.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 09, 2014, 07:52:16 AM
Not sure it was annoying or a feeling of rage that the two concerned have no idea of what they're missing:

I walked past a cafe yesterday that had tables outside because of the sunshine. Both 'parents' and their three year old son. Both 'parents' had their faces stuck in smart phones and disregarded the child. Twenty minutes later when I walked past in the opposite direction, they were still transfixed with presumably twatter and fartberk, and the child was simply staring at his plate...

Selfish assholes. Why wouldn't they buy their kid a smartphone or at the very least an inexpensive tablet? A family that plays together ....

Heather Wade

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 08, 2014, 11:04:39 PM

I have always loved that movie, one of the best ever made from start to finish. 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 09, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

It's one of my favorites too. I just recorded it the other day to watch again soon.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 09, 2014, 07:52:16 AM

I've taught both daughters of one family, and I have never yet seen the girls' mother pick up her child without a cellphone at her hear. No "Hello", no hug or kiss for her little girl, she just grabs her daughter's hand and takes her to the SUV, phone conversation unbroken. And yeah, I judge.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on August 06, 2014, 09:18:00 PM
Deli servers that use gloves to handle your food but then take and give filthy money with those same gloved hands.
And Deli servers who know less about their monthly specials than I do.  I just had one try to rip me off and then had to call the manager to figure out how to do their job.  No wonder Jorch loves the "pre-made" turkey sammiches with the price already stuck on them. :)

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 09, 2014, 05:07:51 PM
I've taught both daughters of one family, and I have never yet seen the girls' mother pick up her child without a cellphone at her hear. No "Hello", no hug or kiss for her little girl, she just grabs her daughter's hand and takes her to the SUV, phone conversation unbroken. And yeah, I judge.

I see that everyday at my daughter's school from multiple soccer moms. Problem is this behaviour has spread to a lot of the kids too. I have been in cafés where whole families are engrossed in what is on the tiny screens in front of them. What happened to enjoying everyone's company?

My friends and I have a game we play when we go out for a drink or dinner once a month. We put all of our phones in the middle of the table and the first one to reach and grab for their phone buys the next round. Makes for a much more sociable evening.

ItsOver

... And yeah, I judge.
Good for you!  And don't let these kind of twits take the easy way out and call you a "hater" for being decent.

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 09, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

Great flick. My favorite line in the movie was when  M.Douglas beats up the 2 gang members who try to steel his briefcase. As the thugs are running away KD yells, "Hey! You forget the  fucking briefcase!" Good times!

zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on August 09, 2014, 09:52:53 PM
Great flick. My favorite line in the movie was when  M.Douglas beats up the 2 gang members who try to steel his briefcase. As the thugs are running away KD yells, "Hey! You forget the  fucking briefcase!" Good times!

My fave is in the fast food joint when the lady gags and he says: "I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick."

b_dubb

Judge away. This sounds like a real turd.

zeebo

Idiots at golf tournaments shouting "Get in the hole!" as players tee off.

eddie dean

Quote from: zeebo on August 09, 2014, 10:43:32 PM
My fave is in the fast food joint when the lady gags and he says: "I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick."

haha, that scene inside the Whammy Burger is great.
Side note: I agree with his complaint about how the pictures of burgers never look the same as the crap they sell.
Falling Down - I want breakfast:
http://youtu.be/-eREiQhBDIk

zeebo

Quote from: eddie dean on August 10, 2014, 04:30:21 PM
...Side note: I agree with his complaint about how the pictures of burgers never look the same as the crap they sell.

It's true ...

http://www.businessinsider.com/fast-food-advertisements-vs-reality-2013-12?op=1

btw I just had some JITB tacos last nite and they looked exactly like that reality picture.