• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: HMC on November 21, 2013, 06:29:59 PM
BTW, I don't know if you will, but I hope you continue with the idea of a Art Bell streaming network. I know you can't host right now, but I'd totally support any shows on it.

Agreed.

Is there any reason you could not set up a business where you created a paranormal themed network of streaming/podcasts all leading up to your return?

This would build an audience over time culminating in the greatest event since September 16 2013.

It could work. Right?

Producer-Paul

Quote from: coaster on November 21, 2013, 06:28:23 PM
That link is depressing..

It'd be depressing if the counter started from today but it started
from 1, Sept so we are already almost a 1/4 of a year through.

nika01

Art, if you have to wait, why not wait while fighting. Seriously, what diff does it make?

urbie88

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 21, 2013, 06:25:47 PM
Thanks for all your support...
I'll be sticking around here as I've sort of grown to like you folks...

Paul

http://tinyurl.com/l593vcj

aw shucks

aldousburbank

Art, Paul. You are the Simon and Garfunkle of our hearts.

Good show BellGabbers!  Nice hustle. See you at the apocalypse, the beach, or in two years- whichever one comes first.

HMC

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 06:33:00 PM
Agreed.

Is there any reason you could not set up a business where you created a paranormal themed network of streaming/podcasts all leading up to your return?

This would build an audience over time culminating in the greatest event since September 16 2013.

It could work. Right?

I'd listen the shit out of that.

jazmunda

Quote from: nika01 on November 21, 2013, 06:34:01 PM
Art, if you have to wait, why not wait while fighting. Seriously, what diff does it make?

$

Quote from: nika01 on November 21, 2013, 06:34:01 PM

Time better spent with the family, money for legal fees and headaches in general. It's not worth trying to get out of the NC.

nika01

I wish the lawyer would chime in with an estimated costs. I dont think Art realizes the scope of the support he could generate.

LESS THAN 2 years. Lets get the legal ball rolling!~!!! the only problem is the attorney is one of our idiots!

nika01

how much actual time do you think would be involved in actually doing anything except waiting for lawyers to haggle

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Art Bell on November 21, 2013, 06:17:41 PM
So if my health holds I will see
you in less than two Years.

5. I can wait out the remaining time, then stream, which it looks like I will be doing at 70 Years of age.

I've been gone awhile. Peaked in today and saw this. I could not be more sad. Not even angry. Just so so sad. My heart actually hurts.

This is depressing to think about but I doubt Art comes back at 70 years old. Dark Matter was the final ride. 

I took art as fighting against the non compete he said hed be back in less than two years, Art is doing what we wanted people.

nika01

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2013, 06:38:51 PM
I took art as fighting against the non compete he said hed be back in less than two years, Art is doing what we wanted people.

I hope so.

jazmunda

I think you should read Art's and then Paul's post again ...... carefully.

Less than 2 years means if he comes back after the NC it will be in less than 2 years from now because the NC expires on 1 September 2015.

Today being 21 November 2013 means that 1 September 2015 is in less than 2 years.

Paul already posted that the non-compete runs out on September 1st, 2015 which is less than two years. Again, I highly doubt Art wants the headache of a legal battle with Sirius/XM.   

nika01

Look y'all. When this debacle started, Art was going to resign to his fate. Then , I believe, all the faithful started chiming in and he changed his mind.

I say we try to raise the money and see what happens. I will pay not to have to listen to the other channel ever again

Upgreyed

Hi there everybody. Well it is a sad day for me indeed. I got a call from the Manager I have been working
with since the start of all this and the answer was NO. The further answer was they do intend to hold me
to a NC. This Manager is a good guy and what decisions that were made, were made above his head.

I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is
one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any
of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see

Below is a copy of my last email to Sirius/XM minus the name of the Manager to who it was sent:

First, you may recall I said to you that I thought you would not get much of a bump from putting Coast on, was I right?
Have you actually listened to that show? Have you REALLY listened? You put him on 104 which was I guess a nice way
to get back at me, but that guy is a joke. How many people rushed to put any money down to listen to Coast on 104? I
bet nobody, all this plus they are doing what I asked for and more!

1. I said what I would like is to be back on but wanted to stream for free, but leave the value added stuff to Sirius/XM
   you said no. As it stands now I presume the streaming still does not work properly and will not, till at best August or
   so. You said this was a good idea for me but not Sirius. I disagree, if we develop millions of listener's, in what World
   is that bad for Sirius in any way? If you can charge BIG bucks per commercial minute.....Broadcasting 101, it's a good thing.

2. We talked about one day with streaming, I asked about other days, you said we could talk about that, we never did.

3. As it stands now people MUST pay about $180.00 a Year if they want to hear Art Bell, why not allow listeners the option of JUST
    streaming my show for a lesser fee? It could be pro rated, IF it just worked properly.

4. I said I would be willing to buy the Studio gear for whatever you paid if I could be released from my Non Compete, I have not yet
    heard a answer to that one, though you did once say you would not let me go, you sent me a reply saying you would consider it.

5. I can wait out the remaining time, then stream, which it looks like I will be doing at 70 Years of age.

I just for the life of me can not see why everything with Sirius/XM has to be lumped together in a Business model that works for non
  commercial music just fine, but lumps Talk Radio in with it. I understand why it works for Howard, he had little choice unless he
  wanted to keep paying fines. I don't know about Dr. Laura.

Two things I can tell you about me, every time I crack the mike I put 110% into it, it takes a lot of work and I am willing to give my time
and energy happily but not if I have no way to grow the audience. I have millions of people waiting for a way to hear me and they would pay
something to do so, but asking them to become subs for $180.00 bucks a Year with a service that does not work well will not get them there.

The other thing is Coast, I will not share time with them. I thought hard about that, and there is no way I would rejoin under any conditions
while you carry them. The reason I came back on is because that show is a insult to the entire field, not to mention at least 45% of it is
commercial or breaks of some sort while the rest is just plain bad Radio.

I truly enjoyed working with you and everybody else at Sirius/XM and wish there was a way to work this out. I understand you think the way
forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this
model. It really already is. Nobody tried to stop all the Pirates, every one of my shows was and is available for download the next day, great
for the guy who doesn't want to pay but not so great for the Talk Host who wants the live calls, how does this make sense???

Art

So, there it is. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for so much support. I wish it had worked out
in some way but there were forces at work that I never thought about, I am just a talking head........

Thanks Art for the update...it's a sad day indeed. I hope that in 2 years you will have still have the passion to take us "for a ride".  In the event that this is the last time I get to communicate with you, please know that you have meant so much to so many.

Gods Speed to you Sir.

David

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 06:40:48 PM
I think you should read Art's and then Paul's post again ...... carefully.

Less than 2 years means if he comes back after the NC it will be in less than 2 years from now because the NC expires on 1 September 2015.

Today being 21 November 2013 means that 1 September 2015 is in less than 2 years.

Wel lets ask paul.
Hey paul, Has art told you he wasnt fighting the noncompete?

nika01

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 06:42:18 PM
Paul already posted that the non-compete runs out on September 1st, 2015 which is less than two years. Again, I highly doubt Art wants the headache of a legal battle with Sirius/XM.

Why would he when there are only about three people so far that havent knuckled under . Come on.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2013, 06:43:05 PM
Wel lets ask paul.
Hey paul, Has art told you he wasnt fighting the noncompete?

I don't mean to be rude but Art told us that in his post.

kennedymaure

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 06:22:24 PM
Thanks Art.

Hopefully we see/hear you in 2 years.

Otherwise it was a great ride.

Thanks for everything.

Ouch. I guess I should tell Art my story about the last night he was broadcasting. I think he will appreciate this.

My husband and I were traveling down state to meet my son half way to exchange some cameras. We had just bought our new car with a Sirius Radio. I had remembered earlier that day (after not hearing Art for so long) we could hear him on Indie. I was all excited, we were facing a long boring ride for 3 hours being able to listen to Art Bell in the Car again, I was telling my husband all about Art and what a great interviewer he was.

My son called us from his car 1/2 hour into the trip and told us one of his wheel axles was scraping and he had to get off the freeway (near Detroit) so he was stuck at a Pizza Parlor outside Detroit in small town in the boondocks. I was totally freaking out he wasn't going to be safe and we were 2 and a half hours away. We sped up a little bit...

We got within 1/2 hour of where he was - and the freeway came to a dead stop at 9:30 PM just outside Lansing. A truck driver listening to the Police Chatter said it was an injury accident and we would be there a while. At ten, Art came on. I didn't feel so bad about being stuck on the freeway. After 2 hours of sitting there I called my son in the Pizza Parlor and said "Can you get online and find out what happened up there?"

He got on his computer and checked the Brighton newspaper website. He got really quiet and then said " Oh.... oh my God, Mom this is horrible, Oh my God... A woman on the overpass in front of you parked her car on the overpass and jumped into traffic on the freeway... it says she was hit by at least two cars"...

Well we all went pretty silent, it was not cool at all and I barely got to my son before the Pizza Parlor closed.

In hindsight... that was the last time I heard Art Bell live on the radio and pardon me for bringing this up but you know... it actually seems like it makes sense.

See you in two years Art, will miss you.

The General

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats."
H. L. Mencken

Hoist the black flag, Art!

nika01

what a bunch of losers. sorry, I thought people had more fire in their belly than this

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 06:44:34 PM
I don't mean to be rude but Art told us that in his post.

No, he didnt. He said something like he contacted an attorney and it was going to be expensive and take time. With a good chance of winning, so see you in less than 2 years.

I took it as hes fighting the nc so he would return early.

nika01

maybe later, when the real fans show up there will be more positive support than mere resignation

Upgreyed

If Art was interviewed by MV once a month, then it wouldn't be as bad....and what...only 22 shows left until the real show begins....just a thought".  ;)

lightningline

Hi there everybody. Well it is a sad day for me indeed. I got a call from the Manager I have been working
with since the start of all this and the answer was NO. The further answer was they do intend to hold me
to a NC. This Manager is a good guy and what decisions that were made, were made above his head.

I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is
one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any
of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see

Below is a copy of my last email to Sirius/XM minus the name of the Manager to who it was sent:

First, you may recall I said to you that I thought you would not get much of a bump from putting Coast on, was I right?
Have you actually listened to that show? Have you REALLY listened? You put him on 104 which was I guess a nice way
to get back at me, but that guy is a joke. How many people rushed to put any money down to listen to Coast on 104? I
bet nobody, all this plus they are doing what I asked for and more!

1. I said what I would like is to be back on but wanted to stream for free, but leave the value added stuff to Sirius/XM
   you said no. As it stands now I presume the streaming still does not work properly and will not, till at best August or
   so. You said this was a good idea for me but not Sirius. I disagree, if we develop millions of listener's, in what World
   is that bad for Sirius in any way? If you can charge BIG bucks per commercial minute.....Broadcasting 101, it's a good thing.

2. We talked about one day with streaming, I asked about other days, you said we could talk about that, we never did.

3. As it stands now people MUST pay about $180.00 a Year if they want to hear Art Bell, why not allow listeners the option of JUST
    streaming my show for a lesser fee? It could be pro rated, IF it just worked properly.

4. I said I would be willing to buy the Studio gear for whatever you paid if I could be released from my Non Compete, I have not yet
    heard a answer to that one, though you did once say you would not let me go, you sent me a reply saying you would consider it.

I just for the life of me can not see why everything with Sirius/XM has to be lumped together in a Business model that works for non
  commercial music just fine, but lumps Talk Radio in with it. I understand why it works for Howard, he had little choice unless he
  wanted to keep paying fines. I don't know about Dr. Laura.

Two things I can tell you about me, every time I crack the mike I put 110% into it, it takes a lot of work and I am willing to give my time
and energy happily but not if I have no way to grow the audience. I have millions of people waiting for a way to hear me and they would pay
something to do so, but asking them to become subs for $180.00 bucks a Year with a service that does not work well will not get them there.

The other thing is Coast, I will not share time with them. I thought hard about that, and there is no way I would rejoin under any conditions
while you carry them. The reason I came back on is because that show is a insult to the entire field, not to mention at least 45% of it is
commercial or breaks of some sort while the rest is just plain bad Radio.

I truly enjoyed working with you and everybody else at Sirius/XM and wish there was a way to work this out. I understand you think the way
forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this
model. It really already is. Nobody tried to stop all the Pirates, every one of my shows was and is available for download the next day, great
for the guy who doesn't want to pay but not so great for the Talk Host who wants the live calls, how does this make sense???

Art

So, there it is. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for so much support. I wish it had worked out
in some way but there were forces at work that I never thought about, I am just a talking head........

Well then don't let Serius out of their contract..pick up the pieces and go back. Work up a new listener base get some practice and split to the web in fall 2015. Come on...you know damn well the assholes at Premier are behind this...you can go on and crush C2C now. I don't understand Art,  this should be personal war!! They had you!! And its wrong. Ever herd of the lemon law??? And if you fight and have a good chance counter sue for legal fees...you have nothing to loose then really. And there is no way it would take 2 years once the lawyers start talking...try!! Or a lot of people are just going to think you wanted out...and in two years you'll probably be back in the Phillipines...whats the use..:(