• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Barfly

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2016, 12:18:28 AM
I'm avoiding it. Saw the trailer, and it just seems like Ryan Reynolds making stupid and not-at-all clever jabs for two hours. "Hey, look at me, I'm a superhero. Who woulda thought. Insert witty line here". Also, Ryan Reynolds is a stupid cunt and I can't stand him.
I liked it, but its not a movie i would see again, the latest Star Wars i would see again, not Deadpool

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2016, 12:18:28 AM
I'm avoiding it. Saw the trailer, and it just seems like Ryan Reynolds making stupid and not-at-all clever jabs for two hours. "Hey, look at me, I'm a superhero. Who woulda thought. Insert witty line here". Also, Ryan Reynolds is a stupid cunt and I can't stand him.

LOL
Coaster, now your avatar is driving the choices for the ads on this thread...

Ciardelo

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 02, 2016, 12:20:04 AM
mmm turtlenecks are still a thing? That looks like a booking photo.

Absolutely, with the chain on the outside.  He was most likely taken like Enoch for his magnificence.

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:21:46 AM
That's a no go for me. I'm on a mac. I have a PC but please don't make me use it  :P
A Mac is a PC, you bought into the Apple Mac VS PC gimmick?
I'm on Linux right now, its a PC
Personal Computer

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Barfly on March 02, 2016, 12:20:05 AM
I didn't even install a optical drive when i built my gaming rig, lots of prebuilts dont even come with them anymore.
HDD and flash drives are cheap and frankly are easy to edit and more reliable than optical disks.

Oh, I agree in theory that they are all but dead. My last quibble is just that iTunes should have more edit features for playlists because you still can't make a decent mix with it currently. Now that I've voiced that opinion I'm sure the updates will be coming soon  ;)

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:21:46 AM
That's a no go for me. I'm on a mac. I have a PC but please don't make me use it  :P

Then try winamp, i know that has os x support.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Barfly on March 02, 2016, 12:24:06 AM
A Mac is a PC, you bought into the Apple Mac VS PC gimmick?
I'm on Linux right now, its a PC
Personal Computer

Umm, yeah. Apple made the first PC and coined that term too. I'm not a programmer and prefer ease of use so Apple has my number in that regard. Though I've always found Linux intriguing. I understatnd that the OSX kernal is based on it anyway.  :P

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:24:26 AM
Oh, I agree in theory that they are all but dead. My last quibble is just that iTunes should have more edit features for playlists because you still can't make a decent mix with it currently. Now that I've voiced that opinion I'm sure the updates will be coming soon  ;)
I dont use iTunes, Audacity does everything i need and its cross platform, and free 8)

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:26:45 AM
Umm, yeah. Apple made the first PC and coined that term too. I'm not a programmer and prefer ease of use so Apple has my number in that regard. Though I've always found Linux intriguing. I understatnd that the OSX kernal is based on it anyway.  :P
I believe Olivetti was one of the first Personal Computers, i still have my Timex Sinclair and TRS80 FFS

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:26:45 AM
OSX is Unix based just like Linux, but OSX is more similar to BSD , also Unix based

trostol

is he saying weird beards? wtf is that lol

K_Dubb

Quote from: trostol on March 02, 2016, 12:33:27 AM

He does have a different vocabulary.  Maybe that's how they talk down there.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Barfly on March 02, 2016, 12:29:14 AM
I believe Olivetti was one of the first Personal Computers, i still have my Timex Sinclair and TRS80 FFS

Well, OK. Technically, there were a few hobbyist systems you could put together yourself, all with widely varying standards and requirements, before Apple but they made the first successful turn on and go system and they did coin the term "personal computer" too. It was part of their first advertising campaign.

Robert

Interesting that Heather's familiar w the term "DXing".  And not in the medical sense of "diagnosing".

comaphobe

Quote from: trostol on March 02, 2016, 12:33:27 AM

a "weird beard" is the average urban male between the ages of 26 and 42. it shall be noted that weird beards cannot change a lightbulb, start a car without reading a FAQ page, and do not eat bread with gluten.

trostol

Quote from: comaphobe on March 02, 2016, 12:36:53 AM
a "weird beard" is the average urban male between the ages of 26 and 42. it shall be noted that weird beards cannot change a lightbulb, start a car without reading a FAQ page, and do not eat bread with gluten.

:o

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:35:42 AM
Well, OK. Technically, there were a few hobbyist systems you could put together yourself, all with widely varying standards and requirements, before Apple but they made the first successful turn on and go system and they did coin the term "personal computer" too. It was part of their first advertising campaign.
You people are arguing who invented flight. Who cares? Get on the plane and ride!

the_peeve

This kid's voice story is fascinating.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: comaphobe on March 02, 2016, 12:36:53 AM

Wow, a new colloquialism. We used to just call them hipsters.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:35:42 AM

Yeah, I built one from a kit for McDonnell Douglas back in 82 that was a Z80 with the CP/M OS. That was my entry point into PCs and PC programming.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 02, 2016, 12:38:41 AM
You people are arguing who invented flight. Who cares? Get on the plane and ride!

That's what I'm doing. Macs are like an in-ground cement pool with a built in cleaning robot. PCs are like an above ground wooden pool that keeps asking you to clean it and repair and restain it's wood  :P

K_Dubb

This story sounds a bit like the Amelia Earhart search.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 02, 2016, 12:39:55 AM
Yeah, I built one from a kit for McDonnell Douglas back in 82 that was a Z80 with the CP/M OS. That was my entry point into PCs and PC programming.

God, how I miss McDonnell Douglas.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2016, 12:15:58 AM
You know I've been saying discs are dead for years now but I've recently started burning CDs again because I still don't find there is enough edit control within iTunes. You can't do custom crossfades and I really need that when I make a mix.

I've gotten back into listening into CDs driving to Church on Sundays.