• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 17, 2018, 05:47:55 PM
I loved living there, so many old timers that it was a pleasure to say "Mr." to.  Sinatra's old pianist was my piano tuner in 2005 as a favor.  He later went on to write a book, Vince Falcone.  Sinatra treated him well too.

If it weren't for having school-aged kids, I would have loved to stay there. I think.

I've been going at least 2-3 times a year, over the past 20 years...it's pretty much my second home. The stories from the people you meet when you actually get off the strip into downtown and the neighborhoods...amazing...

Rix Gins

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 17, 2018, 05:33:37 PM

I started with a 300 baid acoustical modem (pre internet). I am sure my packard bell that I used to get on to AOL was at least 2400 baud, I don’t think my first one was 14.4.

https://youtu.be/ckc6XSSh52w

I like these old computer sounds.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: zeebo on May 17, 2018, 05:37:50 PM
I thought it was TigerLily.  But there's alot of that going around.   ;)

She is pretty.  :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 17, 2018, 05:49:20 PM
That made me laugh so hard tears were streaming down my face. ;D
;D ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 17, 2018, 05:33:06 PM
To almost to a fault in some cases.

I remember hearing Rob Schneider (who does a great Elvis impersonation and wrote and performed the Tiny Elvis sketches on SNL, back when it was still funny) tell the story about how Elvis happened upon his now famous peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches. Apparently one of his crew had just come back from Denver and told Elvis about this great deep fried sandwich he had there. Elvis just said, Let's go, man! and they got on his personal jet, flew to Denver and didn't even get off the plane. They just had someone deliver the sandwiches to it.  ;D 8)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 04:09:35 PM
I wonder if she washes her hair in beer. It makes it nice and squeaky clean.. and shiny. LOL

I do that accidentally all the time.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 17, 2018, 05:54:56 PM
I do that accidentally all the time.

It’s been a while for me. It does wonders, though!

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 05:47:23 PM
I grew up watching Monty Python and Benny Hill...I thought the English were funny perverts...can't say that opinion has changed.
Friggin SV had  me up to all hours the other night cackling and drinking beer in my garage because he posted something about Peter Cook so I had to relisten. It is sort of bizarre and maybe acquired but comedy genius....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b63xcoKUjEw

and the back-story of this, is that he would get drunk and random call in to a late night London talk show in a bizarre character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPJK2zKtAxQ
ps: I need to see Elvis and Nixon. Two greats!

Catsmile

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 17, 2018, 11:05:53 AM
Aye, those were heady days.  I don't blame anyone for giving her a fair shake.  Let us not forget that our fearless leader himself once memorably wielded that sword.

Yeah, I remember thoz dayz 2. I was a bit ahead of the curve for "hating heather." At least thatz what most folks perceived it as being superficially. Ahh, who's laffin' nao? The same as I laffed then, and will continue to laff in the future. When those responsible for this drama receive their just deserts.

# 2 All U Gabbers   :-*
# Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvcj_cmn6U

Freyja

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 04:12:02 PM
Interesting insights. Thanks for the kind words.

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are lost in translation.

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone. When I am goofy I get hatemail, when I'm serious, I get hate mail, when I press guests I get hate mail, when I don't press the guests I get hate mail.

This type of topic isn't taken seriously as it is, so I try to show it the seriousness it deserves without being overly gullible. If I buy into a topic, I'm a shill, if I question the validity of the topic, I'm a killjoy and villain.

I've always tried to measure the temperature of the audience to appeal to the masses and remain true to who I am. I've made changes over the years and always try to adapt.

With a topic like we cover here I aim to make the topic the star, the focus, not the host. When I open up I get told to shut up, nobody wants to hear my thoughts, they want to hear the guest. If I shut up and let the guests go I get criticized that I am a shit host that cannot maintain direction of his own show.

We can't have it every way, I cannot be all to everyone. Funny thing is, as I read your posts, (meaning everyone's) people put Art on a pedestal in one post and 5 posts later call him a quitter or that he phoned it in, or was perfect or unstable.

I walked into a maelstrom of feces and I am busy working to right a sinking ship, balance change while paying honor to what came before. Not one person would be able to step in and be all that everyone needs or wants, and before I can be ME I need to get my footing, feel out my new surroundings and do what it takes to bring an audience back to MitD and not be offensive in either direction.

My goal is to be as well rounded as possible, adapt, change and keep moving forward. This show hemmoraged ten's of thousands of listeners when Art left. We are already up over 15% from where we were when Art died and that number keeps climbing.

With that said, and I mean this with total respect for everyones time. If you find me hard to listen to, I make you unhappy in anyway, don't listen. I won't be mad, life is too short to spend it doing things that don't add to your life.

To the people that elect to move on, enjoy your journey and I hope you find your next Art.

For those that love this kind of show and want to stick with me, I'm here for the long haul, long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

I am
always open to constructive criticism. Feel free to email me anytime.

Dave@midnightinthedesert.com

Your Milly Vanilla friend,

Dave

Thanks for your post Dave.

I don't envy the position your choice puts you in, however I do admire that you know who you are, where you want to take MITD within your paradigm. yet respecting and soliciting input from your audience....especially here!!  :P

Huge kudos to you and for previously stating that you are NOT Art, will not and can never be and that you aren't even going to try...wise.

Thank you for giving many of us the best talk radio in I guess the indecisive genre of paranormal/fringe that many of us have not heard in years!!

That said, you asked for "constructive criticism", therefore allow me to give you some of MHO after listening to last night's show with Pam Coronado. I was very much looking forward to the show, guest and subject matter, however the show didn't work for me...and I'll tell you why.

* you may have been very familiar with this guest and presumed that the listeners were as well, however many are not

* you didn't allow for her to give an introduction/set the stage to who she is, in her own words, what her journey to being a psychic medium/remote viewer etc, was and how she evolved within her journey to get to the case/cases she was involved in.You didn't set the stage before she came on to what she was all about or what you were bringing to your audience. 

*we eventually got some of those answers, however it seemed to me like you had her in an interrogation room where her story came from your pre-planned questions/what you wanted to know/driving at specific to a case that it seemed you were familiar with to her vs a natural conversation where same questions could have been asked to bring her story to where you wanted it to go in a less interrogative way...ie answer my questions

She had a story that I was not familiar with...I wanted to hear it from her, with some appropriate nudges and then have you ask the questions you did, which BTW were excellent.

Too much "leading the witness" for me last night rather than hearing someone's journey, experience and then drilling down on what may be want to be known, with specifics. Bell was a master at this....and yes I know you are not he.

Guest was great IMHO and had a lot of potential...the presentation was not a good listen for me...sorry.

Anyway...just my 1 cent...now back to our regular programming about HLW, Vara, Montaldo, phones stolen in the desert...and what Lasha does next.   

Praise MV1...and I don't do Tidepods.  ;)

Ghost Nutter

I'm listening to lnm...Mister Vera called in..didn't  know he was on the air..The host asked him how he was doing....and he said  he wishes Keith would stop fucking with Heather

DaveSchrader

TONITE on Midnight in the Desert with Dave Schrader! The Famous Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot sighting with Bob Gimlin & Chris Fleming is Stalked by Imps!
9pm-Midnight pacific LISTEN LIVE
www.MidnightInTheDesert.com

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 06:04:35 PM
TONITE on Midnight in the Desert with Dave Schrader! The Famous Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot sighting with Bob Gimlin & Chris Fleming is Stalked by Imps!

Meh :-\

teknoslag

Quote from: username on May 17, 2018, 03:49:55 PM

https://youtu.be/XN_ELOnIgcU

Start at 1:31:53 mark

Heather Wade calls in.

Did they use audio from last night's show? Jesus H. Christ, she's lost her damned mind.  ;D ;D ;D

DaveSchrader

For what it's worth, I don't use preprepared questions.

Told Michelle I don't want or need them.

DS

GravitySucks

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 06:04:35 PM

Much better. :-)

Shoveler

The funny thing about being a disembodied voice over your speakers is that some things are lost in translation.

Having done this type of programming for 12 years there is NO WAY to please everyone. When I am goofy I get hatemail, when I'm serious, I get hate mail, when I press guests I get hate mail, when I don't press the guests I get hate mail.

This type of topic isn't taken seriously as it is, so I try to show it the seriousness it deserves without being overly gullible. If I buy into a topic, I'm a shill, if I question the validity of the topic, I'm a killjoy and villain.

I've always tried to measure the temperature of the audience to appeal to the masses and remain true to who I am. I've made changes over the years and always try to adapt.

With a topic like we cover here I aim to make the topic the star, the focus, not the host. When I open up I get told to shut up, nobody wants to hear my thoughts, they want to hear the guest. If I shut up and let the guests go I get criticized that I am a shit host that cannot maintain direction of his own show.

We can't have it every way, I cannot be all to everyone. Funny thing is, as I read your posts, (meaning everyone's) people put Art on a pedestal in one post and 5 posts later call him a quitter or that he phoned it in, or was perfect or unstable.

I walked into a maelstrom of feces and I am busy working to right a sinking ship, balance change while paying honor to what came before. Not one person would be able to step in and be all that everyone needs or wants, and before I can be ME I need to get my footing, feel out my new surroundings and do what it takes to bring an audience back to MitD and not be offensive in either direction.

My goal is to be as well rounded as possible, adapt, change and keep moving forward. This show hemmoraged ten's of thousands of listeners when Art left. We are already up over 15% from where we were when Art died and that number keeps climbing.

With that said, and I mean this with total respect for everyones time. If you find me hard to listen to, I make you unhappy in anyway, don't listen. I won't be mad, life is too short to spend it doing things that don't add to your life.

To the people that elect to move on, enjoy your journey and I hope you find your next Art.

For those that love this kind of show and want to stick with me, I'm here for the long haul, long after the shitnado blows over and I will be the best version of me I can bring you to help you enjoy the show more.

I am always open to constructive criticism. Feel free to email me anytime.

Dave

The shitnado started when Art retired from MITD and ended when you took over.  Looking forward to all your future shows.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on May 17, 2018, 01:39:56 AM
The bastards hit a Chinese restaurant client of mine way back. I set up overhead speakers to play Chinese music that they had. They switched over to FM radio one day, even after I told them never to play anything but their own background music. $3000 fine on the spot.

They hit a little coffee shop up here their first week for playing songs off an iPod. I don't think you can be to small for them to take action.

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 17, 2018, 01:16:05 PM
If somebody puts "you will carry on my legacy" in writing, that person is a douche. Let's not confuse bequeathing her with the show name, equipment, etc with carrying on "the legacy."

Everyone in radio is just the next person sitting in a seat. You make that seat your own, and hopefully people miss you for a bit when you're no longer in it, while they get used to the next person in the seat.

Tim, i didn't mean Art needed to litterally write down "Heather carry on my legacy." if he had signed over the show rights, or at least split them between her and Keith, then i wouldn't have an issue with her outlandish claims.

again, she and sweet Lasha are the ones that continue to push the legacy story/narrative. im just pointing and laughing.  :)

chefist

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 06:08:57 PM

DS

Fair enough...

chefist

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 17, 2018, 06:11:16 PM
They hit a little coffee shop up here their first week for playing songs off an iPod. I don't think you can be to small for them to take action.

I've read that you can use Fm or Am radio for free, but the size of the restaurant is limited, along with the number of speakers you use.

Is that not accurate?

Calico

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 17, 2018, 03:05:05 PM
I feel a disturbance in the force. I think Lasha is here...

that's not a moon....

albrecht

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 17, 2018, 06:08:57 PM

DS
Do you read the books or do off-air 'pre-interviews' or just wing it? There is no right answer- because some folks like to read the material and ask questions others, like Art, like to do it cold and let the interviewee bring out the material with questions during the interview.
ps: True crime idea, if you didn't see it. The solved, then unsolved, Austin Yogurt Shop Murders. Crazy times, sad case, and lots of conspiracy theories, arrests, convictions, overturning, police malpractice, and rumors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Austin_yogurt_shop_murders
https://www.amazon.com/Who-Killed-These-Girls-Unsolved/dp/0307739880/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526602707&sr=8-1&keywords=yogurt+shop+murders

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 17, 2018, 05:33:37 PM

I started with a 300 baid acoustical modem (pre internet). I am sure my packard bell that I used to get on to AOL was at least 2400 baud, I don’t think my first one was 14.4.

https://youtu.be/ckc6XSSh52w
reminds me of my 1st computer, 2 floppy drives, one for the program you were using and one for the operating system, no hard drive

munbeam666

I am always open to constructive criticism. Feel free to email me anytime.

Dave
I think you are doing fine... :D ;D :) ;)

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 17, 2018, 12:46:05 PM
Oh  yes, I'm sure Keith stole her phones.  ::)
It's theft, by golly!

# Not to put a wet blanket on all the eye rolling.
# 2 Be fair Heat Wad didn't say Queef took her phones.
# Art was loaned a crazy expensive "phone" for MitD.
# Seems the Telos man who loaned it, took it back.
# I know you gossiping cat ladies hate details...
# Still plenty to grouse about Heath Witch Wad.
# Just sayin'.