• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 01:05:01 PM
Maybe. Here's hoping my cats wake me up, again. She was using her pic as her avatar at first and I was pretty sure it was her. But then Sean's pic confused me. Too.Many.Pretty.Women.

Most of my photos have come from my groupie collection...  Literally, from stage, the female lead singer of the band I was last in would solicit sex partners for me. Now, I never... Okay well, I did one girl but it was cuz she was incredibly funny... She introduced herself by saying that she thought the Beatles sucked.

Okay, back to the photos, without me doing it, the singer would give girls who were hanging around my email address. She did ask for a photo to be sent if they were interested in me. It got old after while. I certainly don't want to expose my daughters that type of stuff anyway.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Faustina on May 08, 2018, 01:18:16 PM
Maybe there should be a separate nightly chat thread for each new MITD show, to keep comments for each show in a proper place rather than having this thread become unwieldy?

Are you suggesting things should be very un BellGabian and have no going off on tangents? Don't let the mods read you proposing that.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 01:21:51 PM
Are you suggesting things should be very un BellGabian and have no going off on tangents? Don't let the mods MV read you proposing that.
FIFY  ;D

popple

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 12:55:48 PM
Oh is she Savage? I thought so...

I wasn't sure if it was her or someone stole her pic.

El Chorro

Tonight's guest was just on Coast, I think...weekend before last, with Churchâ€"James Gilliland from the ECETI ranch. I wonder what kind of gentleman's agreement there is regarding spacing out guest appearances on similar programs.

Gilliland was pretty wild with Church...there are Bigfoot and UFO sightings all over that place. I wonder how Dave will approach it.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: popple on May 08, 2018, 01:25:19 PM
I wasn't sure if it was her or someone stole her pic.
Good point!

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 04:05:45 PM
I guess the trendy podcasts that put ear candy ahead of substance are the ones that feel overly contrived. I enjoy Big Picture Science and the Astronomy Cast because I expect them to have a casual scholarly atmosphere....

Hey fellow nerd, those are two I listen to alot.  My only gripe with BPS is I could surgically remove the cornball humor.  If you're aware of any other laid-back yet scholarly-esque podcasts, be they science or whatever else, let me know.

ShayP

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 12:02:18 PM
It's fine as long as the rule (DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR UNTIL FINISHED) is adhered to. Very simple batter mix, very hot fat in the tray(s).. Serve with onion gravy or fill up with veg and meat and gravy, some eat them with sweet things.  :)

It's been years since I've tried to make them.  It seemed so simple, but I ruined them the first few tries but then eventually had success.  But alas, I'm a bit rusty anymore and don't want to repeat the same mistakes.

Thank you for the tips.  I have some delicious gravy in the freezer and a roast I need to make.  It's time to give the puddings a shot again.  :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: El Chorro on May 08, 2018, 01:25:50 PM
Tonight's guest was just on Coast, I think...weekend before last, with Churchâ€"James Gilliland from the ECETI ranch. I wonder what kind of gentleman's agreement there is regarding spacing out guest appearances on similar programs.

Gilliland was pretty wild with Church...there are Bigfoot and UFO sightings all over that place. I wonder how Dave will approach it.

Sloppy Seconds In The Desert

Faustina

Quote from: El Chorro on May 08, 2018, 01:25:50 PM

Looking forward to tonight's MITD.  I only heard part of Gilliland on Coast with Jimmy due to sleep insisting.  However, I do think it's a good idea to space out same quests better. 

Taco Bell

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 01:20:24 PM
Blatant sexual frustration as only Bellgab can do it...

;D ;D

No frustration, only exploration.

"That's inapproprate McMurray"

bellNwhistle

Hey Dave!

Maybe I shouldn’t say anything.. MV does like a good BellGab initiation.  ::) But you might want to remember that when you get a PM, don’t reply from your email account.  ;D

I’m sure you’re much more forum-savvy than Art was, may he Rest In Peace. :P

ShayP

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
I enjoy McRibs...

Welllll...Ya don't say?  We chatted about those many times here.  Quite possibly my past affinity for them lead to the discussion only to be compounded by a fellow BellGabber called zeebo who loved fried cherry pies.  I digress.  Those days are gone now.  No more for me.  I was this guy for a long time. 

https://youtu.be/HaJWkjgoVmc

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 09:35:00 AM
Kinda hard to do that when you are hitting bong on the breaks.  ;D

I don't think we can blame all of that on the bong. ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Grifynne on May 08, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
I don't think we can blame all of that on the bong. ;)
OMG you're right. It's not pot's fault Heater Wade sucked it's hers. Great point. And it maybe Sloppy Seconds in the Desert but at least Keith's doing a show. Can't say that much for Heater Wade can we? ;D When is her return date again?

zeebo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:44:48 AM
Stupid Rush ruining that Pretenders song for me. Grrr...LOL

I find it fascinating how the conservatives usurped the rock-n-roll counter-culture spirit, wrapping themselves in it, signalling that in fact they were the new revolutionaries.  And the progressives let them get away with it, while they pushed their plaintive world music filled with meandering solos on various woodwind instruments.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 01:44:58 PM
I find it fascinating how the conservatives usurped the rock-n-roll counter-culture spirit, wrapping themselves in it, signalling that in fact they were the new revolutionaries.  And the progressives let them get away with it, while they pushed their plaintive world music filled with meandering solos on various woodwind instruments.
Oh Squirrel, if only I were straight. Sigh. And I agree with your sentiment about classic rock as bumpers. FFS enough already.

Grifynne

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:54:53 AM
I wont do politics. There is enough of that on other stations everywhere.  Unless the politician wants to talk Aliens, Ghosts, Conspiracy or Snorting Condoms and Tide Pod Challenges.

Celebrities...oh we will...we will

Good answer.  ;D

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

Ha...so consumers should only be allowed to enjoy/use products that their political party endorses? That sounds creepy as hell.  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on May 08, 2018, 10:12:07 AM
...***If I could offer a little advice it would be to have more (or less) paranormal topics, to be more (or less) aggressive, and act more (or less) skeptical during your interviews.  That should make everybody happy.  ;)

Also have more popular (or unknown) music.

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
Ha...so consumers should only be allowed to enjoy/use products that their political party endorses? That sounds creepy as hell.  ;D

Not at all, I was just pointing out I think it's great marketing.  :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

I don't think permissions need be given, some do it willingly...Re: Dixie Chicks V G W Bush.. That got prety nasty pretty quickly.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 01:56:39 PM
Not at all, I was just pointing out I think it's great marketing.

What's great is when artists like the Rolling Stones "demand" that Republicans (they never do that to Dems) stop using their songs...LOL...they sold the rights to their music from the very beginning and have no authority where those licenses are sold... ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 01:59:06 PM
What's great is when artists like the Rolling Stones "demand" that Republicans (they never do that to Dems) stop using their songs...LOL...they sold the rights to their music from the very beginning and have no authority where those licenses are sold... ;D

Not sure that's true. McCartney wouldn't let Beatles albums and singles be published on I Tunes for years. I don't know if that's the case now.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 02:02:21 PM

Not sure that's true. McCartney wouldn't let Beatles albums and singles be published on I Tunes for years. I don't know if that's the case now.

I remember that, it was licensing outside of what previous contracts had stipulated. It was the first legal battle over how licensing on the internet took shape...

Once you sign with a record label, your creative product is their property. You have rights to play it live (concerts, TV, etc), but cannot distribute recorded material.

yoursongs

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 08, 2018, 01:29:27 AM
A review of tonight's show from Heather's most loyal and biggest fans. Such sycophants they would smile and eat excrement if Heather told them to do so  :D
(I'm just being silly, I'm sure they are fine folks)

That's odd, because Paul Craddock posted for the May 8 show, "great look forward to it".  On the MITD page.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 02:06:24 PM
I remember that, it was licensing outside of what previous contracts had stipulated. It was the first legal battle over how licensing on the internet took shape...

Once you sign with a record label, your creative product is their property. You have rights to play it live (concerts, TV, etc), but cannot distribute recorded material.

Richard Ashcroft hit that wall.. He was lead singer with the Verve and the Rolling Stones took them to court and won..It was ruled that it had elements that the Stones had in a song they had never released.

https://youtu.be/1lyu1KKwC74

Forgot to add. The Stones get every penny of the royalties of this track.

Grifynne

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 08, 2018, 11:42:13 AM
I haven't heard anything since she pinned the 14th when she was on with mumbletymouth.

Even that date seemed tentative. I saw one of her followers mention counting down to the "big day" but I haven't seen anything official solidifying that schedule.

Grifynne

Quote from: hanhepi wi on May 08, 2018, 11:58:29 AM
someone  please explain Falkie to me--i am not kidding.

Everything you didn't want to know about Falkie.
https://georgesenda.wordpress.com/

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 02:10:57 PM
Richard Ashcroft hit that wall.. He was lead singer with the Verve and the Rolling Stones took them to court and won..It was ruled that it had elements that the Stones had in a song they had never released.

https://youtu.be/1lyu1KKwC74

Oh, yea...that's right...crazy how powerful these record labels are. All from a song never released...crazy. John Fogerty lost to his brother and ex band as well in court..."Old Man Down the Road" was a huge hit for Fogerty...but, the song was actually written while he was under contract with CCR...therefore, the record label owned the rights to any work product produced during the contract period...

In the defense of the record company, they've signed very lucrative contracts with artists that have either produced complete shit after their initial successful album, or simply killed themselves with drugs and the lifestyle...there is a lot of risk backing a "musical artist".