• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
Thank you for posting this instead of That Doggone Girl is Mine.

Ugh...disliked that one so much...catch my podcast sometime...we play deep cuts from the 80's...

zeebo

Quote from: Grifynne on May 08, 2018, 04:27:20 PM
Perhaps the one that sent her the $600 money order?  ;)

That was some heavy-duty white knighting.  And yet kind of condescending the way he's like "Oh just use it for whatever you need, hon."   ::)

ponyboysunset

Just want to say again how great it is to have the community back! So many of us are being creative. Chine with her drawings, MV with his songs. Many of us trying to write lyrics. Bart El doing his awesome thing. This is what I always loved about bellgab. Hell it was that led me to try podcasting.
Praise MV

SergeantMajor

Sorry I am posting this late and if has already been brought up than double mea culpa. Midnight in the Desert as a name worked because Art was in the desert! Dave is broadcasting from Minnesota, no deserts there that I know of (other than the cultural one) so a renaming is needed.  I propose Minnesota in the Dark.

Kolchak

Quote from: SergeantMajor on May 08, 2018, 05:08:51 PM
Sorry I am posting this late and if has already been brought up than double mea culpa. Midnight in the Desert as a name worked because Art was in the desert! Dave is broadcasting from Minnesota, no deserts there that I know of (other than the cultural one) so a renaming is needed.  I propose Minnesota in the Dark.

At least KNYE is the flagship station.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Kolchak on May 08, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

I like that a lot and I think it is important as well.

Kolchak

By the way: the royalty free music being included in the downloadable podcasts is a nice addition. The shows always seemed so weird with the music clipped out.

SergeantMajor

Quote from: Kolchak on May 08, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

You make an excellent point! My helemt is off to you, good sir!

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 04:47:35 PM
So if one is a bellgabber they can’t belong to a Heater Wade group on Facebook. Doesn’t that limit your potential fan base?

They don't like our kind around those parts.

yoursongs

Hmmm, so you consider the entire state of Minnesota to be a cultural desert?   You must be from Sanctuary City

Grifynne

That sounds like a club people meet at to engage in fornication.

Sean92008

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 08, 2018, 02:42:29 PM
Sounds expensive. It's cheaper to stick to a protein face mask. 

:P :P :P :P :P :-[

Some girls know how to please a man...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:46:24 AM
Hey All!
Welcome to the Etch of Sketch of life, we shook it, and started a bit from scratch and I am pleased that the over all feel is...

"Well he is better than drinking acid"

;)

Reading through these pages for the last 4 days has been a treat, the hate, the love, the drama, did I mention the hate?

We are listening, and reading and hearing your concerns and platitudes, both equally important.  There will be changes, some you will love, some may take some getting used to, for all of us.

Let me give you all perspective on the task at hand, I will NEVER make everyone happy as is evident from posts here and on social media,
"He has a great Radio Voice and is such an engaging interviewer"   to  "His voice is boring and monotone. He talks too slow"  to  "He talks too fast."

My pace and meter will change, when you host a show and spend a whole hour talking, by yourself, I had to keep the energy up, talking a bit faster and higher is about transferring energy to an audience.  If I just spoke for an hour in a never changing monotone, slowly, you would have tuned out in hoards. Talking faster and with energy I was hoping to cover a lot, give some insights and keep the mood lighter and moving. 

Some will love, some will hate. Either way, I get to wake up next to the woman I love, surrounded by kids I adore and do a job that is my passion.  I hope you will continue to come along for the ride and understand, some nights will be better than others, but that is the way it is in every relationship.

I believe it was the great mind of Socrates that once said,

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life"

(or was that Alan Thicke? Socrates, Alan Thicke....both great thinkers and amazing TV Dads)

Onward and Upward BellGabbertonians! Tally Ho!
See ya in the Worm Hole.

And one last favor, ease up on Heather. Death is a difficult blow and we all react differently to it. Just because you may handle a situation one way, there is no need to believe that is a universal truth.  Lets leave the disdain for Heather behind and instead focus it where it belongs, on Alex Trebek.

The more you talk about her and let the hate fester like a cancer the more she continues to get your attention and no one should be the focus of continuing rage. The future is here...lets go get mini-donuts and look at clouds.

Your monotone, fast, slow talking, obnoxious, unfunny, warm hearted, lucky son of a bitch radio show host friend,

Dave
aka - Darkness in the Desert of True Crime Dave

Dave..Why do you hate pussy cats?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Grifynne on May 08, 2018, 05:23:13 PM
That sounds like a club people meet at to engage in fornication.

Tell me more.  8)

(I’m probably the last person to visit one, but the first person to be intrigued.  ;D )

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 04:58:53 PM
I think you added the smoking jacket back in the RCH initial days, correct? I'd love to go back and see how that all came about, again... ;D

I've disassociated myself from my checkered past, I'm classy-like now.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 05:31:56 PM
Smokin’!

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 02:18:53 PM
What gets me is when some classic song that used to stand for something becomes a friggin latter-day jingle for fast food or car insurance.   :(
Especially when it is punk rock. I laugh and shake my head when I hear Iggy Pop or the Ramones playing for a car commercial or something.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 05:31:56 PM

Impossible...no erasing your past on BG...quotes tell all...

Pizzapunch

Polls are open folks vote away

Kolchak

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 08, 2018, 05:41:28 PM

Man, I wish I was in there. Seems like a goldmine.

Sean92008

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 04:03:11 PM
I can almost assure you that broadcast will get more BG attention than Dave last night...well, for that initial broadcast anyway...

I hope Heater Wad has open lines!

What I wish for (unrealistically, I might add) is that one BGer record the first HW comeback show and post it for us curious types.  If all the BGers didn't stream the show, UP[o]RN would see the real Heather following and she would too.

Evil? Mean? Real.

DynamoHum

David Attenborough? I can imagine Lasha on the phone to his agent now...

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
Impossible...no erasing your past on BG...quotes tell all...

Bellgab never forgets.   :-\

sydtron

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 05:02:40 PM
That was some heavy-duty white knighting.  And yet kind of condescending the way he's like "Oh just use it for whatever you need, hon."   ::)

He's hoping Anal Beads..

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
Ha...so consumers should only be allowed to enjoy/use products that their political party endorses? That sounds creepy as hell.  ;D
Yes, though the phenomena is sometimes found on the 'right' the demand for being a 'true believer' and conformance to whatever political viewpoint is popular by the vanguard of the elite is demanded. If someone, say an actor or musician, dares to have politics on some issue in contrast with Orthodoxy they are shunned. Oddly this also applies ex postfacto or if you are dead, hence the historical revisionism, removal of art or books, iconoclastic tearing down of statues, renaming buildings, streets, and schools etc because someone dead for decades, if not hundreds of years, did not abide by modern day social mores and political/sexual beliefs.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 05:45:28 PM

;D I envision you saying that phrase as Dr Steven Brule..."BrellGab never forgets!"

https://youtu.be/K8zOlpPUDCg

Sean92008

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 04:21:54 PM
Always amazed at when some people sell things...then are upset that what is no longer theirs, gets changed... ;D

The ownership of the Beatles' catalog was a guy named Dick James.  He screwed them behind their back.  DJM was an existing publishing company and partnered with a naive manager in Brian Epstein.  You want to hear something worse than that backstabbing? Brian Wilson's father sold the Sea of Tunes publishing company... HIS OWN FATHER!

McCartney is working an angle that may restore their ownership. Unfortunately, like when Michael Jackson beat them out on the bidding to buy the catalog from ATV music, Yoko Ono's bad business tactics caused many problems. She is very frail and, I hope, will die soon. She really screwed Julian Lennon and I would hope things would rectify themselves with her death.

Grifynne

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 05:25:45 PM
Tell me more.  8)

(I’m probably the last person to visit one, but the first person to be intrigued.  ;D )

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 05:45:28 PM
Bellgab is like Rock n Roll (and elephants): never forgets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkVsnZk2MI

Grifynne

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 08, 2018, 05:41:28 PM

Damn. I can't give Bateman a vote.  :'(