• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

Lilith

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 17, 2015, 04:54:45 PM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awindscreen+microphone&page=2&keywords=windscreen+microphone&ie=UTF8&qid=1437173404&spIA=B00NMUUIRK,B00SK2DVI8
I bookmarked that too.  I have a camera and mic on my computer, but I have listened to enough gabcasts to come to believe one must have a mic to sound good on stream......so.  I will be listening for mic suggestions eventually too.

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on July 17, 2015, 05:06:29 PM
Great ty . I put 13 first due to it being awesome with Keith but from here on they are on order. Don't worry about #1 Nancy. Let us know if we need to set alarms lol that is if bateman ever spills the beans

Oh and mr Quimby......Awesome artwork!

Good decision IMO Serenity.  1st, it was a wonderful episode, and second, 13 has always been a lucky number for me.

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 17, 2015, 04:54:45 PM
Glad you guys like the art work. I am so in love with propaganda art. In a past life I used to produce theater shows all over the country. It was of the utmost importance to have striking and unique art work to grab people's attention. I would always have my art work done in unique places like Indonesia, Romania, Poland, etc so the art styles in my propaganda would be completely unique to my American audiences. The stuff I'm posting is just from me dicking around for a few minutes on an old laptop because I enjoy it. But if you guys are interested I can help you with that in the future.

Also I hope we weren't being dicks to you last night Rose but this show is awesome and only going to grow as Art gets back on and time moves along. You both are great personalities and voices in the night. But I think you need to address your microphone situation.

I don't know a lot about podcast production. But what we were saying last night is if you got a windscreen for your microphone, it would make the quality much better and make you a much more comfortable person on air.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awindscreen+microphone&page=2&keywords=windscreen+microphone&ie=UTF8&qid=1437173404&spIA=B00NMUUIRK,B00SK2DVI8

Someone posted in the chat about a do-it-youself windscreen that all Bellas must consider. It's made of pantyhose and a wire coat hanger, and you know what that means.

Also, a site you'll treasure, VoteQuimby, is this one:

http://50watts.com

nbirnes

Quote from: brig on July 17, 2015, 05:06:45 PM
I bookmarked that too.  I have a camera and mic on my computer, but I have listened to enough gabcasts to come to believe one must have a mic to sound good on stream......so.  I will be listening for mic suggestions eventually too.

There is only one, brig, that is making the rounds of all Dark Matter show hosts, thanks to my producer Angel:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-JUG-00001-LifeChat-LX-3000-Headset/dp/B000J4WPW8

Celestial

Just finished listening to the show last night. Great show, ladies!!! I really enjoyed it. I'm sorry I was asleep and didn't hear it live.

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:21:44 PM
There is only one, brig, that is making the rounds of all Dark Matter show hosts, thanks to my producer Angel:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-JUG-00001-LifeChat-LX-3000-Headset/dp/B000J4WPW8

bookmarked for my birthday present to myself next month :D

nbirnes

Quote from: Celestial on July 17, 2015, 05:22:11 PM
Just finished listening to the show last night. Great show, ladies!!! I really enjoyed it. I'm sorry I was asleep and didn't hear it live.

There's always tonight! And tweeting!

Ms. C

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:21:44 PM

Oh my goodness; I have been researching for a headphone/mic myself over the last several weeks ... thanks so much for this link Nancy .... yeah, I'm interesting in learning stuff also ... although, I want to learn the 'operations' behind the scene stuff that goes on and internet security (which is always a concern and we must stay a step ahead of crazy hackers at all times)  ....

Zenman

Early Draft:

3 DAYS      5 HOURS!   

SPECIAL TBA BELLACAST  tonite    ON AIR SOON!
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/
Or, for players and such:  http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

Hosts: nbirnes & RoseGirl

Possible Topics Include:
   THE INTERVIEW
   THE BLITZ
   Special Saturday GabCast - rumor & speculation
   Alien Dreams and 🌸Bella🌸
   Synchromysticism/The Sync Whole Blog
   Thoughts on the Piscean Era & Fishbots
   And more...!

Plus: CALL-INS: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
Welcome to Call the Bella Line at: 215 488-7374

Come join the rumor and speculation!

Celestial

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:25:06 PM
There's always tonight! And tweeting!

I'll be tweeting again tonight for you and I'll post up on FB =)

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 05:16:36 PM
Someone posted in the chat about a do-it-youself windscreen that all Bellas must consider. It's made of pantyhose and a wire coat hanger, and you know what that means.

Also, a site you'll treasure, VoteQuimby, is this one:

http://50watts.com

...My first thought opening that site was "yesssssssssss" I love this site! Makes me sad I was born with no artistic talent yet appreciative of those who have it.  ;D

Oh man... this may be my favorite poster in the history of ever.

Very very cooooool site Nancy, thank you.  ;D

nbirnes

Quote from: Ms. C on July 17, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Oh my goodness; I have been researching for a headphone/mic myself over the last several weeks ... thanks so much for this link Nancy .... yeah, I'm interesting in learning stuff also ... although, I want to learn the 'operations' behind the scene stuff that goes on and internet security (which is always a concern and we must stay a step ahead of crazy hackers at all times)  ....

Yes! Our little experiment is growing into a whole Art Bell support network. My suggestion, if you all consider doing this, is to always leave the Art hours sacred so when he broadcasts live all the network vibrates with the show.

Life Pro Tip: Get that headset reconditioned for about $20 bux. They do give out, so recon is your best bet.

Meanwhile, here is an incredible article in HuffPost on women taking up a microphone. It's not pretty:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-people-judge-womens-voices-podcasts_55a01ae9e4b0a47ac15c893c

I think we're at the right spot on the wave this time. Surf's up.

nbirnes

Quote from: Celestial on July 17, 2015, 05:36:24 PM

I'll be tweeting again tonight for you and I'll post up on FB =)

Thanks, Celestial! Bellas and Fellas untie!

nbirnes

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 17, 2015, 05:57:07 PM

You are hotter than a SoCal highway! (Hope and pray there are no people in those cars).

Hank

Serenity....

Are you running a stream server on your local machine? Hope your ISP doesn't jump you if you get a pile of listeners. ;-)

Quote from: nbirnes on July 17, 2015, 06:00:00 PM
You are hotter than a SoCal highway! (Hope and pray there are no people in those cars).

I love this 50watts site so much. I can't tell you much I'm enjoying looking through all the art that strikes me.

serenity

Quote from: Hank on July 17, 2015, 06:13:00 PM
Serenity....

Are you running a stream server on your local machine? Hope your ISP doesn't jump you if you get a pile of listeners. ;-)

You and me both brudder lol it should be ok. But its for a great cause. Had the stream up for many moons. Thanx for the concern. Another reason I love Bellgabbers!

Hank

Good deal! ;-) Just thought I'd see if you'd thought of it. Some have no trouble, and others have the phone ringing with 3 listeners. LOL

One of these days, I'd like to open another stream to do more stuff like this. It would be on a paid (cheap) server somewhere. I'd add to stuff already running on DarkeClassics.Com.

(BTW, I saw your post in the other thread a bit ago. N8YD here).

Lilith

Quote from: Hank on July 17, 2015, 06:26:34 PM
Good deal! ;-) Just thought I'd see if you'd thought of it. Some have no trouble, and others have the phone ringing with 3 listeners. LOL

One of these days, I'd like to open another stream to do more stuff like this. It would be on a paid (cheap) server somewhere. I'd add to stuff already running on DarkeClassics.Com.

Hi Hank, nice to meet you :D

serenity

Quote from: Hank on July 17, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

We should start a Ham thread.

AD5NW

serenity

Hank

Hi, Brig! I've been lurking for a while, but haven't posted much.

There's a ham thread here somewhere, or scatter amongst. LOL

Lilith

Quote from: Hank on July 17, 2015, 06:57:26 PM
Hi, Brig! I've been lurking for a while, but haven't posted much.

There's a ham thread here somewhere, or scatter amongst. LOL

If you guys direct me to a ham thread, I will watch it and see what I can learn.  I was looking at a website someone gave me long ago, and it looked complicated, but I might be able to learn from watching people type about it.  Thats how I learn MOST things.  Always thought it would be a good thing to know, and probably a lot of fun.

Zenman

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 17, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Wow. This one's great, VQ! It's up on FB already--good choice, Nance!

Actually, I just saw that there're a bunch of them up there now, cool!

akwilly

Have tried to call in the show before but didn't get on. I bought a cast iron skillet and had questions about it. Was hoping to talk to some lady's about propper care for it. I got it becouse it was my understanding that it didn't ever need to be washed.