• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Textor

Quote from: Morgus on August 14, 2015, 01:25:38 AM
Since Hoagland is aware we love to hear that phone ringing at the start of the show each night, perhaps he has made an audio recording of it ringing and plays it each night to have fun with us now? :D

That implies he knows how to do that. I'm pretty sure Keith posted a bunch of post-it notes on a keyboard that says "PRESS HERE FOR BUMPER MUSIC <number>"

The drive works...to maybe dangerous in some sense, but not if we can just focus on the goal of using this as a form of transporting payloads into space and traveling around the solar system. But you can't uninvent it, it seems out of the bottle now. And if you don't build it first you lose and your country loses more or less.

trostol

Quote from: Morgus on August 14, 2015, 01:25:38 AM
Since Hoagland is aware we love to hear that phone ringing at the start of the show each night, perhaps he has made an audio recording of it ringing and plays it each night to have fun with us now? :D

Barfly

Quote from: trostol on August 14, 2015, 01:23:23 AM
i wonder...if Cronkite was still alive if he would even remember tricky dick here
Ever notice Hoagie always does the Cronkite name drop, is this supposed to make him creditable?

Morgus

Hoagland mentioned his cat. Wonder what he looks like?

ShayP

Quote from: littlechris on August 14, 2015, 01:25:17 AM
So sorry, i'm going through withdrawals.  (shivering and shaking)

Figured you'd be immune by now.  ;D

Textor

Quote from: Barfly on August 14, 2015, 01:27:19 AM
Ever notice Hoagie always does the Cronkite name drop, is this supposed to make him creditable?
Cronkite exudes credibility. He's just trying to grab some and rub it on himself. Unfortunately his "enhanced photos" kinda repel it.

Quote from: Barfly on August 14, 2015, 01:27:19 AM

We've noticed.  Believe me, we've all noticed.

ShayP

Quote from: Textor on August 14, 2015, 01:27:52 AM
Timestamp says yes, VERY new.

In the words of young girls......*shreek!*  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on August 14, 2015, 01:27:09 AM
:o IS THIS NEW?

Iron Maiden - Speed Of Light - From the new album 'The Book Of Souls' - out 4th September.

Quote from: trostol on August 14, 2015, 01:25:22 AM
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.
UP THE IRONS.

Textor

"An enjoyable time to be had for sure..."

Only because of this thread. If I was just listening to RCH, I'd probably shout at the radio and have a stroke.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 14, 2015, 01:25:08 AM
Is this guy having dinner while talking to Hoags? I think I just heard a fork hit the plate.

I think he's doing shots!

QuoteThe rough speed calculations work out to being able to travel about 2.15 light years/day with this technology as it currently sits. That's the initial findings from another one of the NASA Scientists following the project. A lot more study is needed to determine what they can actually do with it; such as if they can go faster, etc.

mortalwombat

is there a list of the RCH bumper music somewhere, like the song that just played? it plays almost every night. thx

ShayP

Quote from: mortalwombat on August 14, 2015, 01:33:32 AM
is there a list of the RCH bumper music somewhere, like the song that just played? it plays almost every night. thx

Not to my knowledge.

SciFiAuthor

"Every third or fourth day I get told I should be on radio".

trostol

Quote from: mortalwombat on August 14, 2015, 01:33:32 AM

dont think so,,,best to get shazam on yer phone and try that way lol

ShayP

I like how Hoagie say's "people stay up late and listen to us for some reason...".  LOL!

Barfly

Quote from: Seraphim27 on August 14, 2015, 01:32:33 AM
I think he's doing shots!
My kinda guy, but i save time and just drink it straight out of the bottle, got some Jim Beam tonight, well i have Jim Beam every night