• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Usagi

Welcome, AC400KICK.  Although, it's less a Coast to Coast forum and more a Coast to Coast eulogy. 

Hello,

My Name is Jason, I'm new here and thought I would say hello.  C2C fan.

Jason,
Ontario, Canada

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JasonPaulGoyer on February 27, 2013, 09:21:16 AM
Hello,

My Name is Jason, I'm new here and thought I would say hello.  C2C fan.

Jason,
Ontario, Canada

hey, jason.  glad you made it.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Phantastic SanShiSan on February 20, 2013, 11:44:28 PM
Tinfoilhat and FOodLion and DavidK

welcome to the newbies. there is no cure for art bell addiction.

nor would most of us want one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeJXKmACjFk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Falkie2013

more tinfoil hats from you know who ...

Falkie2013

Quote from: Marc knight on February 20, 2013, 03:55:10 PM
Not sure how Publix gets away with charging exorbitant prices.  Thank God for SweetBay and what is left of the Albertsons chain.

here locally we have food maxx, owned by lucky. cheapest prices than just about anywhere including wal mart for produce. as an example bell peppers ( when in season ) as low as 25 cents each when they're 50 cents or more at lucky or safeway. progresso soup $ 1.28 - vs $ 1.88 at Wal Mart. ( on sale ). food maxx is a union store but paid on a different scale than a safeway. I've saved a ton of money there.

Canned Heat

Ex-coast listener here to say I love that Art Bell stream.  It's so bittersweet.  I can not stand GN for more than minutes at a time so I barely listen unless the guest is a great one.  And could never listen to open lines again that's for sure!   ;)

synthetic

New to the site.  I must say it's good to know that I'm not the only person who thinks C2C has gone completely down the toilet.  The only host I like listening to is George Knapp, since he's not fear mongering. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: synthetic on March 11, 2013, 04:25:13 AM
New to the site.  I must say it's good to know that I'm not the only person who thinks C2C has gone completely down the toilet.  The only host I like listening to is George Knapp, since he's not fear mongering.

watup.  glad you're here.  post often.

Mhayhurst

Hello everyone! I love the site and I wanted to introduce myself. I've been an Art Bell fan since discovering him in college around '97. Thank you for creating a place that we can talk all things C2C.

onan

welcome, have fun. Wednesday is sing along with George.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on March 12, 2013, 07:54:42 PM

welcome, have fun. Wednesday is sing along with George.

and raisins.

glad you're here, mhayhurst.

ChewMouse

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 11:16:03 AM

and raisins.

glad you're here, mhayhurst.

And on Fridays we do wine and cheese. No Velveeta allowed, although that rule is rather loosely enforced if you ask me.

ziznak

Quote from: Mhayhurst on March 12, 2013, 05:21:20 PM
Hello everyone! I love the site and I wanted to introduce myself. I've been an Art Bell fan since discovering him in college around '97. Thank you for creating a place that we can talk all things C2C.
cool avy! welcome aboard...

where you been hiding chew?

ChewMouse

Quote from: ziznak on March 13, 2013, 11:53:31 AM

where you been hiding chew?
There were cats around, and you know how I am!

And yes, welcome, Mhayhurst.

Mhayhurst

Thanks for the warm welcome! Based on that schedule, Fridays certainly sound more fun than Wednesdays :)

herbalizer

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello; I've been lurking around for a bit and you all seem like a funny, intelligent group of folks. Huge fan of Coast to Coast (well Art anyway). Hope I can contribute in some way.

Thanks!

herbalizer

Ziz, your avatar is wicked. Is there something about George liking pizza rolls or something or is that just a statement on how he will be a corporate shill for anything?

Juan

Quote from: herbalizer on March 18, 2013, 07:52:10 PM
Ziz, your avatar is wicked. Is there something about George liking pizza rolls or something or is that just a statement on how he will be a corporate shill for anything?
Go here for the story from George's own mouth - and animation from coastgabber Coaster.

George Noory's Pizza Roll Story

cljohnston108

Hey there, gang!
So glad to have found this forum... on only my second try! The other one I looked at was populated by inarticulate cranksters ranting & raving.
You all seem to be a bit more low-key.

I first discovered C2C in the mid-90s, but I'll admit that I took Art a bit for granted, and didn't listen as often or as closely as I should've.
But I cannot abide that simpering fool Noory, who just agrees with anything anybody says, and Wells just really loves the sound of his own voice!
I really like Ian Punnett: He's got a great sense of humor, asks intelligent questions, and doesn't spew his religious beliefs around, like so many Born-agains I know.
George Knapp is the best host right now (although I wish his voice wasn't quite so monotone).

But Art Bell will always be the One True Host!

From cljohnston:  "The other one I looked at was populated by inarticulate cranksters ranting & raving.
You all seem to be a bit more low-key."

Oh, we have our days!  But welcome aboard.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cljohnston108 on April 14, 2013, 06:30:18 AM
Hey there, gang!
So glad to have found this forum... on only my second try! The other one I looked at was populated by inarticulate cranksters ranting & raving.
You all seem to be a bit more low-key.

I first discovered C2C in the mid-90s, but I'll admit that I took Art a bit for granted, and didn't listen as often or as closely as I should've.
But I cannot abide that simpering fool Noory, who just agrees with anything anybody says, and Wells just really loves the sound of his own voice!
I really like Ian Punnett: He's got a great sense of humor, asks intelligent questions, and doesn't spew his religious beliefs around, like so many Born-agains I know.
George Knapp is the best host right now (although I wish his voice wasn't quite so monotone).

But Art Bell will always be the One True Host!

hey, there.  glad u made it.  post often.

Histronic Fop

Hello.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I started listening to Coast about two and a half years ago when I took a paper route.  While I hadn't listened since the mid 90's, the last time I had a night job, I knew Art Bell had retired. Then came back. Then retired.  What I didn't know is who the new (to me) host was and why was he in that chair.  Since then, I have driven a hundred miles seven nights a week, marveling at the wonder blunder that is George Ralph Noory.

In the words of Bugs Bunny, "what a maroon."

My dissatisfaction has become such that I took to posting on a radio message board, but my thoughts and comments on GN were met with skepticism. "He's been there ten years, how bad can he be?" is one of the replies my posts would get often; that and "surely after ten years he has done something to make the show his own, he certainly can't be riding on Art Bell's coattails after all this time."

Little do they know. Damned day dwellers.

So after skulking in the shadows of CoastGab, I jump out from behind my bush and offer up a scalding hot pizza roll to lob at that dumb bastard.

George Noory...oh my, how he sucks!

Welcome aboard, Histronic Fop... I used to deliver papers on an early-morning route with my father (the S.F. Chronicle).  We'd listen mostly to news radio.  This was waaaay before the days of Limbaugh and the other talking bobble-heads.  You're quite correct -- Noory is dreadful.