• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Sounds like Jim is in the room with me. Crystal clear.

To think how many naysayers there were...

Art will never be able to stream from his site. ::)

maureen

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 25, 2013, 05:35:27 PM
Faulkie,

Some of these people who are mean bastards are the ugly they see reflected by them toward you back to them because they don't love themselves like you love yourself because you are real and you present yourself as yourself and your posts can be longish but to my knowledge you don't use run on sentences.
We Faulkners live in a stream of conciousness that becomes a stream of unending, and rarely well-punctuated sentences, that sometimes reflect a preponderance of weird wit, if not outright silliness, and a lack of tolerance for the pompous pomposity of snobjoy snores, and the petty niggling of the naysayers....lol...Aldous made me do it!!! ;) ;D

Imconfused

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 25, 2013, 07:03:49 PM
Sounds like Jim is in the room with me. Crystal clear.

lucky you.  I have a horrible connection.  :(

maureen

Quote from: Ms. C on November 25, 2013, 05:52:08 PM
I think your video's are a delight!  They make me laugh!  I don't understand all these posters who criticize everything -- they have NO life!!!

I am a newie ... been a lurker since I found this board last month ... but wanted to say hello ... so thought I'd jump into this post. 

Thank you all for your lively conversations and nostalgic viewpoints.  I have found that as I got older and moved around -- there are fewer folks that I can relate all my earlier 'experiences' with.  I was fortunate to live in San Francisco in the mid-70s and Denver from 1983 - 2002 ... then moved back 'home' to Michigan (outside the big D) ... folks here just are not open to any of this -- and I refuse to push my views on anyone!

It was excellent listening to Art (on-demand) for those few weeks ... and I am so grateful that I didn't have a personal meltdown or big emotional reaction to what has happened. It probably amounts to the fact that Corporations suck ... Art was from a different place (like the heart!) --

Anyways, again thanks to all of you for being you.

In Sincerity,

Ms. C
how lovely that you've joined us, Ms. C! have fun!!

nika01

Quote from: Imconfused on November 25, 2013, 07:09:40 PM

lucky you.  I have a horrible connection.  :(

do you have a wifi connection or cell connection ?

Producer-Paul

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

You forgot dialup...

retired41

can and string here sounds fine. huh

Suzeca

Its the first time ive tuned in and im listening right now. Podcasts are so clear! I love what your doing Art. And its free too wow.

Imconfused

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

wifi.  I said it wrong.  My connection is fine but the quality of the stream is really bad.  How about you guys?

jazmunda

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 25, 2013, 07:15:20 PM
You forgot dialup...

I so miss the dial and connection tones my old 28.8 modem made. I would pay for a browser that made that sound every time I opened it up to "surf" the web.

nika01

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 25, 2013, 07:15:20 PM
You forgot dialup...

haha.

I have it going on wifi and cell and havent heard any drop outs. Schocks voice has an annoying high frequency whine. Looking for the BFO on my radio... I imagine it is how he is calling in.

Falkie2013

Quote from: DanTSX on November 25, 2013, 06:59:50 PM
Yeah,  He is proving that a bunch of dedicated amateurs with a Macbook Pro, an internet connection, and an actual interest in the subject can out-game George Noory and perm-rat.

The opening stanza of my forthcoming Viva $noorge $noory song and video.

" Bright light oven gonna set my lips,
Gonna set my lips on fire.
Got a whole lot of pizza rolls allready burnin',
Those burning cheeze strings feel like flamin' barbed wire. "

jazmunda

Quote from: Imconfused on November 25, 2013, 07:16:59 PM
wifi.  I said it wrong.  My connection is fine but the quality of the stream is really bad.  How about you guys?

Crystal Gale Clear in the Southern Hemisphere.

jazmunda

MV any chance we can open up a LIVE thread for all these podcasts?

Danger!UFO

If you're having problems try clicking on the link to reboot the stream. It may help.

jazmunda

222 live listeners at the moment.

Shadow Wolf

HP Lap-top here, three years old, Windows Vista, and listening with Windows Media player.
Eighteen minutes into the show and no problems at all. Voice is clear, and no buffering issues yet.

starrmtn001

Clear as a . . . well, clear as a "Bell" of course. ;D

Quote from: Imconfused on November 25, 2013, 07:16:59 PM

Loud and clear in the midwest.

Cynnie

Clear as a bell in massssachoooosetts

nika01

Quote from: jazmunda on November 25, 2013, 07:17:22 PM
I so miss the dial and connection tones my old 28.8 modem made. I would pay for a browser that made that sound every time I opened it up to "surf" the web.

The host sounds good, Schock is iffy. Dont think this has anything to do with the streaming mechanism itself.  You getting similar results jaz?

jazmunda

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 07:21:49 PM
The host sounds good, Schock is iffy. Dont think this has anything to do with the streaming mechanism itself.  You getting similar results jaz?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.  :-\

Imconfused

Quote from: jazmunda on November 25, 2013, 07:17:48 PM
Crystal Gale Clear in the Southern Hemisphere.

well of course but you are special!     ;)

Suzeca

I'm using the lastest ipad, streaming using the cellular data from the ipad with only 2 circles showing in the corner ( ie a weak connection im sitting inside a building out in the yard at work) and it still comes in great. Clear and no buffering.

nika01

Quote from: jazmunda on November 25, 2013, 07:23:28 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.  :-\

do you hear a raspy whine in Schocks voice that is not there for the host. ?

I understand, it's the same on my end.  Schoch sounds tinny.

Shadow Wolf

I forgot to add lisening via Verizon Wi-Fi.
Also my wife loves this kind of show. Real science, and speculation, and who is right, the main stream, or the person interested in learning the real truth.

jazmunda

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
do you hear a raspy whine in Schocks voice that is not there for the host. ?

Not really. Could just be his connection to Jim which is unrelated to the artbell.com stream.