• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

HaveAccess

GabCon......

Art does not have to appear....

Producer Paul does not have to coordinate it...

Doesnt have to be in Pahrump...
Vegas might be distracting...
Could be in Roswell...
Could be in the desert...with cell phone GPS could be anyplace...

Doesnt have to have big name speaker(s)....

Must have people committed and willing to show...
Must have a camera...
Must report back to BellGab and DMN....
Must have an agenda of sorts...
Must have a good time!

Dont talk yourself out of it...

Whoever attends, will be the first.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 24, 2013, 04:12:41 PM
The converter cost $ 1999. 2 gaskets @ $ 100. I hour labor to put it in.
What sucks is that if I were in Nevada and still had the car, it would be $69 for an aftermarket converter.

Most of the cars i have owned i got rid of the cat on. Of course if you live in a area that has vehicle inspections you would not want to do this.

Falkie2013

We could all meet at Giant Rock which had numerous UFO related events happen there at one time.

And it is out in the desert.

Or at that generator thing that was built by Van Tassel. I forget what its called but it seems to tie into free energy somehow.
I've seen videos and shows on it. Its in a huge circular building.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 24, 2013, 04:08:54 PM
Attending a gathering with members of this forum? A few years ago, that sounded like a bad idea. Now it sounds even worse. There are too many people here who are mentally off, in a way that is frightfully disconcerting. There are more people on this forum that hate each other's guts than not. Yeah, sure lets all get into a room together.

Another thing, what the hell are you going to do at this convention? Talk about the shows that aren't on?! Buy old books? Go type "Art Bell" into ebay, there ain't shit. You couldn't fill a small table with collectible items to buy, so that's out. I guess you could print some convention shirts, and sell those. Who's going to pay for the guests' lodging and appearance fees?

And who is going to pay these "producers" to set this stuff up, anyways? And who gets  the profits from this thing?

Good luck, I mean it, but I'll be avoiding it like the plague and watching for the news stories the next morning. Hell, Art Bell can't even come on here without getting into it with a random asshole.

Good point! So in that case, I propose NooryCon in St. Louis. George and Tommy would show up and we could all just get drunk and start brawling.

Good quality bonding time, kids!

onan

Attending a gathering with members of this forum? A few years ago, that sounded like a bad idea. Now it sounds even worse. There are too many people here who are mentally off, in a way that is frightfully disconcerting. There are more people on this forum that hate each other's guts than not. Yeah, sure lets all get into a room together.

Another thing, what the hell are you going to do at this convention? Talk about the shows that aren't on?! Buy old books? Go type "Art Bell" into ebay, there ain't shit. You couldn't fill a small table with collectible items to buy, so that's out. I guess you could print some convention shirts, and sell those. Who's going to pay for the guests' lodging and appearance fees?

And who is going to pay these "producers" to set this stuff up, anyways? And who gets  the profits from this thing?

Good luck, I mean it, but I'll be avoiding it like the plague and watching for the news stories the next morning. Hell, Art Bell can't even come on here without getting into it with a random asshole.

Fully concur.

In the 80's I had several friends that were into the paranormal and was invited to attend several "new age" events, from channeling to conventions... not people I want to rub elbows with.

Textor

Quote from: mikuthing01 on November 24, 2013, 04:19:28 PM

Most of the cars i have owned i got rid of the cat on. Of course if you live in a area that has vehicle inspections you would not want to do this.

California has strict anti-smog laws, so getting rid of one will not be a good idea.

McPhallus

Mentally off, socially off, and especially right now--angry.  And on top of that is the new breed of people we really don't even know at all, even in the online sense.  I wouldn't mind a meeting of perhaps a handful of people, but a publicly advertised event?  Sounds like a disaster to me.

The General

Art Bell Bumper Music Karaoke, obviously.

littlechris

Quote from: The General on November 24, 2013, 04:29:01 PM
Art Bell Bumper Music Karaoke, obviously.

ROFLMAO!! Now that would be fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Textor

I think if we don't stick to Art Bell shows and BellGab, it has a chance of not only being successful, but not having people killing each other.

If BellCon was a huge paranormal convention that has people from paranormal podcasts, TV shows, radio shows (yes, even Noory... we could invite him to a GNS panel and have him sit there for 12 hours listening to a line of people telling him what he needs to do to improve...) we could have a lot of panels that people could attend... and in the spirit of Art Bell, each panel should have a Q&A at the end of the session to allow people to ask questions of the panelists.

nika01

Quote from: urbie88 on November 24, 2013, 02:25:20 PM
Hoagland just did a cruise. Christ, imagine being stuck on a boat with that guy?

Two go on, one comes off. Thunderdome....

ItsOver

I nominate Falkie for "Dancing Queen."

onan

Quote from: ItsOver on November 24, 2013, 04:34:35 PM

You win the internets today.

The General

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 24, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
Dibs on "Africa" by Toto
Okay, but Mrs. General and I have been practicing that one for years.
We also do a real mean version of  "White Bird."   And "Some Velvet Morning."

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on November 24, 2013, 04:35:51 PM
You win the internets today.

Thank you.  It's barely worth the image I now have in my head thanks to me.

Falkie2013

Only if I can do it pretending to be Noory with a wig and mustache on.

Me, dancing ?

lol

littlechris

I agree. Id be scared to death and would definetly wear a bullet proof vest if i was FORCED to go to a bellgab.com meet up.  I wouldnt want to get stabbed by some psychotic bipedal toilet licker whos off his medications!!!  But seriously, I still think its too early. If in the future something were to be organized, it would be more of a "paranormalCon".

I think at this point and in the future, a "BellCon" would just be too niche and the demand may not be great enough. Besides, Art has commented that hes not big into crowds and has even shyed away from doing television as a regular gig. And especially after a few asshats here were attacking his family, I dont see him wanting to interact with anyone. Cant really blame him.

FallenSeraph

**falls on the ground laughing**   :D :D :D

LOL @ Sarah Breastlens, for outing Dork Penguin.

jazmunda

I would attend just to see this. Has to be in drag though or it's not worth the travelling time.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 24, 2013, 04:38:30 PM

**laughs harder**

Do it. Dooooooooooo eeeeeeet! Coming soon to the next Guy From Pittsburgh video!

littlechris

Me, dancing ?

lol

OMG!! There is some material for your youtube channel right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plumwalrus

I like your videos, and I'd watch.   :-X

littlechris

Quote from: plumwalrus on November 24, 2013, 04:48:27 PM
I like your videos, and I'd watch.   :-X

I agree, i prefer the ANGRY Falkie, but yeah his channel is cool and is geting better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMcx65UWhNQ

EarthAlien007

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 24, 2013, 04:39:46 PM
LOL @ Sarah Breastlens, for outing Dork Penguin.

;D  Cheers to Art Bell the troll slayer!

MikeJ

Quote from: Textor on November 24, 2013, 04:33:31 PM

If BellCon was a huge paranormal convention that has people from paranormal podcasts, TV shows, radio shows (yes, even Noory... we could invite him to a GNS panel and have him sit there for 12 hours listening to a line of people telling him what he needs to do to improve...) we could have a lot of panels that people could attend... and in the spirit of Art Bell, each panel should have a Q&A at the end of the session to allow people to ask questions of the panelists.

I think this would work sans Noory.  We could have a few of Art's guests on who could do seminars etc.  All of these people have books etc. that they are always hawking, and they could do the same there.  In addition, the event would not be free.  People would have to pay maybe $100 or $150 to attend.

munbeam666

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 24, 2013, 05:23:51 PM
;D  Cheers to Art Bell the troll slayer!
Yeah, DarkPenguiN was getting pretty out there