• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Catsmile

Quote from: shell88 on November 12, 2013, 01:45:54 PM
Every radio and tv station here in Canada is already asking for donations.  I don't imagine it is a good time to travel to some parts. I don't think Manilla was affected.

True enough, but Manilla is the main entry point to the PI.
There are other airports but it will cost you dearly to fly directly to them, if at all possible.
Mostly you fly into Manilla then hop a "puddle jumper" to one of the 7,100 plus islands using Philippine Airlines.

McPhallus

Unless they're telemarketers, in which case hey deserve to be anally raped daily.

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 12, 2013, 03:57:49 PM
I'm pleading with everyone not to take out their anger on any call-center employees. I've worked in call centers for a great deal of my adult life and a lot of the time call center people are treated like utter shit. Its probably a billion times worse in other countries.

A case in point, the last call center I worked at made it a rule that we could only have one type of drink at our desks. So, I couldn't have coffee and water simultaneously. I'd have to drink water, then go out to my car, drink as much coffee as possible, then come back. Plus my bathroom breaks were assigned in such a draconian fashion that about 20 minutes till break time I was squirming in my desk "like a toad", as Jim Morrison says.

IcicleTrepan

Well I guess I can stop hitting refresh every 2 mins to see if there's any update.

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 12, 2013, 03:57:49 PM
I'm pleading with everyone not to take out their anger on any call-center employees. I've worked in call centers for a great deal of my adult life and a lot of the time call center people are treated like utter shit. Its probably a billion times worse in other countries.

A case in point, the last call center I worked at made it a rule that we could only have one type of drink at our desks. So, I couldn't have coffee and water simultaneously. I'd have to drink water, then go out to my car, drink as much coffee as possible, then come back. Plus my bathroom breaks were assigned in such a draconian fashion that about 20 minutes till break time I was squirming in my desk "like a toad", as Jim Morrison says.

I've worked in a call center as well. And, yes, we bore the brunt of the customers' bitches and gripes. The call center employee is placed in a very compromising position when the product they support is crap, but the customer deserves better than the standard "I'll send a technician" or the "I'll send you a replacement" answer their script informs them to do.

Im pretty sure Art just said, hes done for at least two years. In two years he will be 70....

McPhallus

Quote from: nevernamed on November 12, 2013, 03:58:26 PM
To be fair, Art QUIT and burned that bridge... It's amazing how some people just can't call a spade a spade

...and he cost them money and made them look like idiots.

Totino

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on November 12, 2013, 04:01:32 PM
Ughh.....oh man....sorry...wiping the yoke off my face as the joke is on me....I invested 600 dollars to get away from C2C and listen to Art...lol...crying out loud....but what do I have today???LOL....C2C for 600...lol......You got me Dave!!!!!! WHAT A FUCKING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$600?

Looks like that's it. A sad, sad day.

dortmunder

Ok, Art's got no fight left in him and he's throwing in the towel. Why should I continue to give a shit then? Thanks for all the great years of radio, Art Bell. Enjoy your old age. Hopefully someone younger and meaner will soon move into the vacuum and bust Noory's nuts.

I'm done. Thanks for the memories folks. Back to the real world. Over and out.

Im just going to smoke myself re-tar-tar so I can forget this ever happened.

Quote from: Totino on November 12, 2013, 04:07:15 PM

$600?
Geared up for Art...year subscription, home boombox, carport to take and listen to show in my car, and of course the radio itself...god I hate myself now.

JayDee543

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 12, 2013, 04:06:30 PM
Im pretty sure Art just said, hes done for at least two years. In two years he will be 70....

No no no, see Art DIDN'T quit.  There were people out to get him at Sirius and made the streaming worse than necessary.  Then when he walked out on his contract, those same co-conspirators decided prevent him from coming back as the unprofessional that he is!  Ugh - Art should write a book called "How to Work in Radio for 50 Years and Learn Nothing".

Quote from: JayDee543 on November 12, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
No no no, see Art DIDN'T quit.  There were people out to get him at Sirius and made the streaming worse than necessary.  Then when he walked out on his contract, those same co-conspirators decided prevent him from coming back as the unprofessional that he is!  Ugh - Art should write the book called "How to Work in Radio for 50 Years and Learn Nothing".

NO

and even though I could run
out and get a Lawyer and perhaps win back my freedom I will most likely not  do that.

I guess that is about the only hope we got.

JayDee543

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 12, 2013, 04:10:58 PM
and even though I could run
out and get a Lawyer and perhaps win back my freedom I will most likely not  do that.

I guess that is about the only hope we got.

Oh poor Art is now not allowed to do a radio show as per the contract that he signed and breached.  Gah those awful Sirius conspirators just won't let poor Art do the show that he ran away from doing!

alltherage

Art, I'm so sorry to hear the news. I really enjoyed Dark Matter and am very sad to say goodbye to such a wonderful show. I support you 100% and hope that you find a better venue. Until then, could you call me a few times a week? We could talk for a few hours each night, about UFOs and stuff. Anyway, thanks for looking out for your audience, and let me leave you with this appropriate quote, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Jnthn932

Quote from: Art Bell on November 12, 2013, 03:50:09 PM
First of all my sincere congrats to Premiere Radio, they made the right move. Business is War
and I would have done the same exact thing, and did in my day.

Second, given the same circumstances I would make the same decision again today about Dark
Matter. There is much you do not know and I will not talk about because it was given in confidence
and I am kind of old school so I will not talk about those things even though it would help you to
understand my decision.

Third, I would love it if Sirius/XM would waive my NC but they said no and even though I could run
out and get a Lawyer and perhaps win back my freedom I will most likely not do that. If I were ten
Years younger it might be a different story, I will say this, It seems crazy as hell to me that we offered
exactly what Premiere ended up taking. Now Sirius/XM has a show that will be mostly commercials and
seems much less a good fit than Dark Matter with a Host who thinks a Typhoon in Vietnam causes rain
in Hawaii. (Last night's show, first hour)

Fourth and finally I would like to say sorry to the people who did come over either by Radio or the less
than stellar streaming, trust me I understand your anger, I only wish you had enough information to
understand my decision.

Art Bell
Well, it's been fun. Thanks for the memories! You already know this but you will be missed. See ya in two years! Riiiiight?

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on November 12, 2013, 04:01:32 PM
Ughh.....oh man....sorry...wiping the yoke off my face as the joke is on me....I invested 600 dollars to get away from C2C and listen to Art...lol...crying out loud....but what do I have today???LOL....C2C for 600...lol......You got me Dave!!!!!! WHAT A FUCKING NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$600 for what? Overspend much?

shell88

Quote from: dortmunder on November 12, 2013, 04:07:54 PM
I'm done. Thanks for the memories folks. Back to the real world. Over and out.
I hope that means your old avatar is returning :) ;)

juanelo

Art Bell you are acting like a little bitch, if you goin to end this End it with a fucking Bang! Get your lawyers involve ask your fans to write/call sirious and let's all call c2c and troll noory

Kolchak

Quote from: JayDee543 on November 12, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
There were people out to get him at Sirius and made the streaming worse than necessary.

I really hope you're trolling.

Nighthawk

Art, thanks for everything. So where on 80 will we be able to find you to chat? Do you still like to hang out on 80? Or what about echo link? Are you still using that? If so what node number? I know this probably won't be immediately but I imagine sometime in the future you will be up for some rag chews. Don't worry we don't have to talk about broadcast radio whatsoever. Thanks Art.

420desert

What a way to be put out to pasture. Damn.

Quote from: JayDee543 on November 12, 2013, 04:12:55 PM
Oh poor Art is now not allowed to do a radio show as per the contract that he signed and breached.  Gah those awful Sirius conspirators just won't let poor Art do the show that he ran away from doing!