• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 24, 2015, 10:12:31 PM
Hoagland behaved terribly, and then paid for it. That happens when you act like a complete asshole. Heather has done none of that. She was just a person that got handed a shit sandwich and then got mercilessly attacked for it. It's an easy difference to see.

So it's alright if Art covertly tries to destroy another show on DMDN because Hoagland was an asshole?

Art Bell

Quote from: Crash Folly on December 24, 2015, 10:18:12 PM
somehow, I don't see MV reaching out to Art Bell for anything

but I'm wrong about most things
That was a joke

subvortex

just enjoying the ride :)  BTW, I really enjoy listening to Heather.  I think she's doing a great job and above it all it's great entertainment.

Night Train

Quote from: Totally Not The Stalker on December 24, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
I would never be caught dead on one of those things....I mean if I were the stalker, which I totally am not.

Hey, wait a minute...

Wouldn't the stalker deny being the stalker???

Q-Pi

Quote from: Art Bell on December 24, 2015, 09:53:22 PM
Oh look I am posting again! Times are tough all over, MV needs stuff for the kids and he made me a offer I just could not refuse.

See, I changed my mind.

Art

Merry Christmas, Art, thanks for the great ride (2015 edition). 👽

Meister_000

Quote from: Art Bell lin k=topic=30.msg649719#msg649719 date=1451015602
Oh look I am posting again! Times are tough all over, MV needs stuff for the kids and he made me a offer I just could not refuse.

See, I changed my mind.

Art

A Partnership in MV's growing eCigs Empire?  :)

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 24, 2015, 10:16:27 PM
Well I called this one a long time ago...

At least fans arent out cash of a satellite radio this time.

Really sad tbh... What a way to ruin a legacy.

Art you're a hell of a broadcaster but as a person...Not so much.

Are you the guy Art wanted to have a fist fight with in the AB Quits Dark Matter thread? That was hilarious.

subvortex

The eCigs thing was a hoot.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 24, 2015, 10:21:46 PM
Are you the guy Art wanted to have a fist fight with in the AB Quits Dark Matter thread? That was hilarious.
You remember that? Good times  ;D

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 24, 2015, 10:21:42 PM
A Partnership in MV's growing eCigs Empire?  :)

this, is believable.

it is cool Art is on bellgab at 8:30pm on Christmas Eve. Hope you're here to make amends and admit just a tiny bit of humility, good sir.

Night Train

This is fun.  I'm gonna miss this place when I go back to meat life after Christmas.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 24, 2015, 10:19:20 PM
So it's alright if Art covertly tries to destroy another show on DMDN because Hoagland was an asshole?

I don't think anyone wanted to destroy his show. Prank it one night yes, but destroy it no. He did a fine job destroying it on his own by shitting on the one asset he had that made the show good. It's been crap ever since laden with multiple reruns per week, multiple open lines shows and Mars round tables because he can't book any new guests. Though I doubt you'd know any of that as I doubt you actually listen.

gabrielle

Art, I imagine getting shot at tends to make one a little jumpy.  Your intimacy with your audience and your independence are part of what makes you so special.  IMHO.  I guess it also comes with some consequences for you personally at times. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on December 24, 2015, 10:19:30 PM
That was a joke
THIS IS NOT A JOKE:

Mr Bell.. Can I be your friend? What can I do to help you and your family? Just ask.. Got time and talent.. Home from Christmas Eve Mass, where a Nun told me I should be The Light...

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 24, 2015, 10:19:20 PM
So it's alright if Art covertly tries to destroy another show on DMDN because Hoagland was is an asshole?

FIFY, and yes

Element 115

Art, don't let Snoory win please.

Robert

Quote from: Heydeb7 on December 24, 2015, 09:54:24 PMI feel bad for Heather being put on the chopping block here. Everyone loved her when she was redacted. Amazing how people turn on someone so fast. What the hell did she do wrong? She's only trying to help out.
A different standard of judgment for a different circumstance.

I'm sure Heather is far above the avg. person in ability to conduct an interview-&-phone-in talk show.  Suppose she's in the 99th percentile.  But since so few people are needed as emcees, audiences can afford to be very picky & judge someone in the 99th percentile to be insufficient, because in such a competitive world only someone in the top 0.1% or .01% can hold our att'n, especially when we're used to Art Bell.  It would be no shame to not make such a cut.

It may be that among everyone who posts on BellGab, other than Art himself, there is nobody who'd be good enough.  This should not be surprising.  It's no excuse for getting nasty about it, but people here tend to have a cutting sense of humor.  Yes, I at least smiled at the crack about Art Bell's writing such a long post without quitting in the middle.  Even though I believe all he's said about the recent unpleasantness, I can still laugh about it (especially since nobody's shooting at me AFAIK).  I wouldn't be surprised if Art himself guffawed at it even though it seems someone really has been shooting at him.

Element 115

Quote from: Robert on December 24, 2015, 10:27:57 PM
A different standard of judgment for a different circumstance.

I'm sure Heather is far above the avg. person in ability to conduct an interview-&-phone-in talk show.  Suppose she's in the 99th percentile.  But since so few people are needed as emcees, audiences can afford to be very picky & judge someone in the 99th percentile to be insufficient, because in such a competitive world only someone in the top 0.1% or .01% can hold our att'n, especially when we're used to Art Bell.  It would be no shame to not make such a cut.

It may be that among everyone who posts on BellGab, other than Art himself, there is nobody who'd be good enough.  This should not be surprising.  It's no excuse for getting nasty about it, but people here tend to have a cutting sense of humor.  Yes, I at least smiled at the crack about Art Bell's writing such a long post without quitting in the middle.  Even though I believe all he's said about the recent unpleasantness, I can still laugh about it (especially since nobody's shooting at me AFAIK).  I wouldn't be surprised if Art himself guffawed at it even though it seems someone really has been shooting at him.

No way dude, have you heard Steve Warner's Dark City?

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 24, 2015, 10:27:10 PM

Snoory won a LONG time ago. After the Sirius fiasco, it was over- Some just refused to see it- Evidently still refusing to see whats obvious.

Too late, he already has because he hasn't quit like a million times.

Night Train

Art, here's a few serious questions for you:

In the midst of "never-ending terrorism", not long after you've been shot at, you get a death threat against you and your family on your unlisted number.  Tonight you said you didn't file a police report about it because you get them all the time, so it was no big deal. 

1. Well, if it was no big deal, why in the world did you mention it on the radio a few nights later?

2. And why didn't you file an actual police report about it the same night you told your listeners about it, since you had evidently decided it actually was something to be concerned about?

3. You know the date and time of the call. It's probably still possible for the phone company to determine the number the call came from.  So why do you still refuse to file an official police report about the call?

Element 115

Quote from: Totally Not The Stalker on December 24, 2015, 10:31:20 PM
Too late, he already has, if only because he hasn't quit like a million times.

No Snoory has not won yet.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 24, 2015, 08:30:33 AM
You may ask. It's a debilitating nerve thing. But I think I'm on the upswing :)
Sorry to hear of this, Ciardelo.  Wish you a speedy recovery. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 24, 2015, 10:32:04 PM

He'll never win if we measure it by broadcasting talent.

He can't win, whatever happens he's still stuck being George Noory

Element 115

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 24, 2015, 10:35:04 PM
He'll never win if we measure it by broadcasting talent.

Friggin right man, Snoory can never win if we measure by that.

Element 115

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 24, 2015, 10:35:25 PM
He can't win, whatever happens he's still stuck being George Noory

lol

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 24, 2015, 10:32:04 PM
How so? Noory has been on the air for years. In the same time, Art has shit the bed numerous times and burned all his bridges. After Dark Matter Radio collapses, he won't have anywhere else to go.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 24, 2015, 10:24:23 PM
I don't think anyone wanted to destroy his show. Prank it one night yes, but destroy it no. He did a fine job destroying it on his own by shitting on the one asset he had that made the show good. It's been crap ever since laden with multiple reruns per week, multiple open lines shows and Mars round tables because he can't book any new guests. Though I doubt you'd know any of that as I doubt you actually listen.

You're assuming this was for one night but there were members actively trying to get Keith to can Richard's show and bombard him with calls during open lines, all encouraged by Art, rather than let it fail on its own after Ross had enough as producer. Slave spirituals are at least creative after that nut Paxson claimed he was such an intellectual in multiple lifetimes that he chose to be a black slave in the next one.