• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: gabrielle on June 04, 2015, 07:59:59 PM
so..I guess if Sirius owns a local station...don't bother phoning?

Sirius owns terrestrial radio stations?  Wow.  Today I learned.

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 07:11:22 PM
Forgot tuh take muh fiber.

I hope a good solid shit improved your mood.

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 07:50:30 PM
Wanna take a Ride?
Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2015, 07:57:17 PM
I decided today that I will probably get these 4 words tattooed on my body but I don't want to say where.

just don't fall asleep and roll over while getting the tattoo.... no matter your preferred canvas side.  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 08:01:42 PM
I hope a good solid shit improved your mood.

That and the 'ludes.

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 04, 2015, 07:32:06 PM
CFRB is huge.  They broadcast clear as a "bell" all throughout New England where I used to live.

It's a clear channel frequency, even better than 740 as it's all-talk and they'll promote the show like crazy.  Quite a birthday present for Dave, he'll get clobbered in Toronto, next time he comes up here to sing Elvis he'll be booed right off the stage.  ;D

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on June 04, 2015, 08:01:42 PM
Sirius owns terrestrial radio stations?  Wow.  Today I learned.
I think they use them to send the sirius signal in major cities. Its cheaper than transmitting by satellite.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on June 04, 2015, 05:21:17 PM
Brilliant right? They were great.
Queen at Wembley.  Wow.  ONE HELL OF A CONCERT.

The saddest part was Freddie talking about rumors Queen was breaking up and he says "not until they're dead."  :'(

Freddie, "you should have lived forever."

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2015, 07:57:17 PM
I decided today that I will probably get these 4 words tattooed on my body but I don't want to say where.

paladin1991

I understand that on July 20th there will be revelries  beyond  measure.  There will be drinking.  there will be nekkid dancing.

July 20th, a Monday, right?  I presume that there will be a special Gabcast?

Heather Wade

Can we all have a brownie now?

lonevoice

Lonevoice if you can't present it in a nice and neat manner then please leave it to the professionals. :P
Yes, sir!  Yours are so pertfect, mine want to be just like them when they grow up.

Wanna take a Ride?

paladin1991

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 08:12:19 PM

Whoa.  Just whoa.  (Redacted) I am lining up my ingredients for Avocado brownies.  You got a camera in my kitchen?  Or just in my shower?

gabrielle

Quote from: Northern Nights on June 04, 2015, 08:05:37 PM
It's a clear channel frequency, even better than 740 as it's all-talk and they'll promote the show like crazy.  Quite a birthday present for Dave, he'll get clobbered in Toronto, next time he comes up here to sing Elvis he'll be booed right off the stage.  ;D

how does one find out who owns what?  Seriously ....no pun intended...they  play c2c ..but no Rush......

akwilly

Less gabbing and more fighting MV and Bateman

nbirnes

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 08:09:59 PM
I understand that on July 20th there will be revelries  beyond  measure.  There will be drinking.  there will be nekkid dancing.

Since we're the lead-in on DMDN Monday nights, I hereby formally invite the Gabcast -- the entire host platform, chairs and all, to join us as our guests. That way we can all sing Kumbaya together!!

dan7800

WIZR 930 AM Johnstown, NY
WIZR FM 102.9 FM Johnstown, NY
WCSS 1490 AM Amsterdam, NY
WKAJ 1120 AM St Johnsville, NY

Awesome Art, these are all within listening range for me.

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on June 04, 2015, 08:12:47 PM
Yes, sir!  Yours are so pertfect, mine want to be just like them when they grow up.

Your's are pertfect too. ;)  :-*

nbirnes

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 08:13:45 PM
Whoa.  Just whoa.  (Redacted) I am lining up my ingredients for Avocado brownies.  You got a camera in my kitchen?  Or just in my shower?

Avocado brownies? Do you have candied bacon too?

Art Bell

Quote from: Faustina on June 04, 2015, 07:12:17 PM
Interesting that a Clear Channel station has picked up Art's new show to air:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFRB

No it is clear channel not IHeart, the old term meaning a clear frequency.

Art

lonevoice

Would those who have had positive responses from programming directors be willing to share a template or script for your emails and phone calls?  If someone will do that and start a thread for such, I'm thinking a lot more people will give it a try.

aldousburbank

I know Art is a bit trepidatious about spontaneous terrestrial network syndrome but you've got to expect it, with the sucky competition, and the name- Art Bell. I'm just like, wow man, you just can't make this stuff up. Our night time broadcast desires manifesting before our eyes.

ItsOver

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 08:12:19 PM

I hope Aldous helped with the making or at least sent some special ingredients. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 08:09:59 PM

There's the pre-Art GabCast which Bateman has planned for the 19th of July but there's not really been anything else planned. Perhaps I'll throw together another pre-Art GabCast on the 20th for good measure. Certainly wouldn't hurt.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on June 04, 2015, 08:19:24 PM
Less gabbing and more fighting MV and Bateman
But I'm tired. What a day.

jazmunda

Quote from: nbirnes on June 04, 2015, 08:20:25 PM
Since we're the lead-in on DMDN Monday nights, I hereby formally invite the Gabcast -- the entire host platform, chairs and all, to join us as our guests. That way we can all sing Kumbaya together!!

Will there be adult beverages? I'm taking the entire day off work and am sending the wife and kids away to the country.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 04, 2015, 08:20:25 PM

Oh jeeze I didn't think about you guys and the fact that you are on at that time.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 08:23:41 PM
There's the pre-Art GabCast which Bateman has planned for the 19th of July but there's not really been anything else planned. Perhaps I'll throw together another pre-Art GabCast on the 20th for good measure. Certainly wouldn't hurt.

Is this still happening? I thought todays tiff might have put the kybosh on it and I wasn't sure who would get me in the settlement. Most likely I would end up in an orphanage.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on June 04, 2015, 08:22:54 PM
Would those who have had positive responses from programming directors be willing to share a template or script for your emails and phone calls? 

I've been starting my calls with, "Would you like to carry something overnight that isn't a pile of shit?"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 08:25:52 PM
Is this still happening? I thought todays tiff might have put the kybosh on it and I wasn't sure who would get me in the settlement. Most likely I would end up in an orphanage.

As far as I'm aware, it is.

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 08:27:28 PM
I've been starting my calls with, "Would you like to carry something overnight that isn't a pile of shit?"
Hahaha...nothing like getting right to the point.