• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

nbirnes

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 04, 2015, 06:19:51 PM
Well, l wish Redacted didn't interrupt guests the way she did Tuesday night talking to George.  Can't stand that.  There's a time to talk and a time to STFU.

This is infuriating. She was the soul of restraint and good taste. She waited her turn, took her time, and asked a good question.

From my "hamster wheel," I applauded. And he wasn't a guest. He was basically a sluggish call-in.

PathoJen

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 04, 2015, 06:53:19 PM
Art, can we have a comment on Falkie selling tees with your face on them? Left click to enlarge:

$32!!!!! That's highway robbery.  I know, not the point, but still.

Ms. C

Quote from: lonevoice on June 04, 2015, 05:07:03 PM
Boys, boys, boys.

Can't we just get a ruler and settle this like men?

LOL

LadyFish

I was just checking out Art's Parts on ArtBell.com & it still has all of the Dark Matter items for sale. It would be awesome if it could be updated with items for MiTH before July 20.

Maybe managing the store could be something Art's wife would be interested in doing. She really did such an awesome job with doing the ride in the desert on Periscope, so likely she is tech savy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Laurakinch on June 04, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
Wow, that's seriously fucked up. What the hell MV?

Forgot tuh take muh fiber.

Faustina

Interesting that a Clear Channel station has picked up Art's new show to air:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFRB

Ms. C

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 04, 2015, 06:39:19 PM
Not that anyone cares what I think about Art's show. But I for one think one thing and one thing only. It's Art's show, if he wants to have a co-host on every once and awhile then by all means, it's his show he can do whatever he wants. I'll gladly listen.

Besides, I think it's amazing that someone from our forum gets to do that. I love it, it makes me happier than I can express. (if it was falkie I would not be saying this)

But whatever, there needs to be something interesting to talk about on the next gabcast and MV and Bateman having an on air discussion that either leads to them still fighting or both forgiving each other will probably make for an entertaining show.

Yes I absolutely agree!

Queen

Wasnt it WABC that art was really excited about?  Hopefully they join.

serenity

Quote from: Faustina on June 04, 2015, 07:12:17 PM
Interesting that a Clear Channel station has picked up Art's new show to air:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFRB

It depends on your definition  of clear channel. Years ago clear channel meant 50000 watts and only in certain parts of the band to avoid interference. Now it can mean that or the radio corporation "Clear Channel Media" They belong to Bell Media so it's probably the former.

Talking about WABC?

novat0

Quote from: NXOEED on June 04, 2015, 06:02:57 PM
The days of being legitimately scared when you're camping alone in the woods and listening to C2CAM are long gone.

Do you think that vibe will return on MITD?  That's what I loved about C2C back in the day.

serenity

Quote from: serenity on June 04, 2015, 07:17:16 PM
It depends on your definition  of clear channel. Years ago clear channel meant 50000 watts and only in certain parts of the band to avoid interference. Now it can mean that or the radio corporation "Clear Channel Media" They belong to Bell Media so it's probably the former.

Oh yes I forgot Clear Channel was bought by I heart media

Kolchak

Earlier today I emailed the program director of the big talk hitter here in Milwaukee which currently carries Coast and Rush. I thanked him for most of his programming, and then informed him that Dave was a snooze and told him about MitD. I said I understood the had some connections to Premiere, but that I (and other listeners in the area, surely) would prefer to hear Art.

Here's his response:

"Yeah, moving those Premiere shows can be tough. Let me look into it. Didn’t realize old Art was available for over the air broadcast. Off the top of your head, do you know the call letters of a station that broadcasts the show?

Thnx"

I then sent him a link to the affiliates page.

Could just be lip service, but he does seem genuinely interested.

Faustina

Quote from: serenity on June 04, 2015, 07:17:16 PM

Oh, you're right.  That new station added to the roster is owned by Bell Media.  Ironic name.

From Wiki:  "In July 2013, CFRB was acquired by Bell Media, a subsidiary of Bell Canada (the company which already owns CTV) as a result of a buyout of Astral Media.[7] Shortly after the purchase, Bell announced that it would move the studios and offices of Newstalk 1010 and sister station 99.9 Virgin Radio from their long-time headquarters at St. Clair and Yonge, to 250 Richmond Street West at Richmond and Duncan (which already houses the operations of sister radio stations, TSN Radio 1050 and 104.5 CHUM FM) a building which is adjacent to 299 Queen Street West located at Queen and John streets (which already houses the operations of several Bell Media specialty television channels including CP24 and MuchMusic).[8] The move took place on May 10, 2014."

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 06:43:28 PM
Always creating more work for me. :P

CFRB is huge.  They broadcast clear as a "bell" all throughout New England where I used to live. 

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 06:43:28 PM
Always creating more work for me. :P

Congratz Art.  I'll probably listen there if it's not picked up in Vancouver, or over your streaming service but I can't get Tunein on my BB Playbook.

gabrielle

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 04, 2015, 07:32:06 PM
CFRB is huge.  They broadcast clear as a "bell" all throughout New England where I used to live.

Ya, its huge....next...we need 640 am Toronto

Quote from: Kolchak on June 04, 2015, 07:26:06 PM
Earlier today I emailed the program director of the big talk hitter here in Milwaukee which currently carries Coast and Rush. I thanked him for most of his programming, and then informed him that Dave was a snooze and told him about MitD. I said I understood the had some connections to Premiere, but that I (and other listeners in the area, surely) would prefer to hear Art.

Here's his response:

"Yeah, moving those Premiere shows can be tough. Let me look into it. Didn’t realize old Art was available for over the air broadcast. Off the top of your head, do you know the call letters of a station that broadcasts the show?

Thnx"

I then sent him a link to the affiliates page.

Could just be lip service, but he does seem genuinely interested.

it's on the way and Dave's board ain't gonna be big enough.  8)

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 04, 2015, 07:32:06 PM

i will have to take a listen tonight thanks but usually hear WINS in NYC

lonevoice

Again from Art's facebook page:

Art Bell

9 mins · Edited ·

Midnight in the Desert

Wow now please add:

KCAA 1050 AM Loma Linda, Ca

KXKS 1190 AM and KXKS 107.5
Albuquerque, NM

Again, first come first served here:http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Like · Comment · Share

phrodo

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 03:34:03 PM
Cute! What's your open theme?

Well since Asia likes it -- let's just hope that she is well past the SpongeBob Squarepants theme stage of musical appreciation.   ;D

maureen

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on June 04, 2015, 07:40:56 PM
Well since Asia likes it -- let's just hope that she is well past the SpongeBob Squarepants theme stage of musical appreciation.   ;D

haha, yes.

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on June 04, 2015, 07:37:21 PM
Again from Art's facebook page:

Lonevoice if you can't present it in a nice and neat manner then please leave it to the professionals. :P

All these station announcements remind me of the announcements Art used to make at the beginning of the show in the 90s. I hope every station add has come with a standard disclaimer to the PD that the content is not what they are used to like back in the day. Wanna take a Ride?

Quote from: maureen on June 04, 2015, 07:44:05 PM
Gusfraaabaaa

i had to google it. now i'm confused...  ;D

Goosfraba - A word that Eskimos use to calm down their children. Also a word Eskimos use when they're having sex.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 07:50:30 PM
Wanna take a Ride?
I decided today that I will probably get these 4 words tattooed on my body but I don't want to say where.

Cwn Annwn

Regarding Art's decision to bring (Redacted) on board:
While I understand reticence to accept changes like these, I ultimately trust Art to design the best possible radio program. If Art's show matches his own vision, then all will be well. We all want the show that Art wants.

gabrielle

so..I guess if Sirius owns a local station...don't bother phoning?