• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

NXOEED

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 04, 2015, 05:47:15 PM
Yeah, my life's a mess, but I didn't go into a career where I'm responsible for influencing the thoughts and opinions of millions of people.  If I had, I'd try to be more accountable for the things I broadcast, the people I gave a voice, and I would better prepare & research the things I opined on than we are currently hearing on the current C2C machine.  I certainly wouldn't fingure an innocent man as a domestic terrorist so I could get the 'scoop' or call for the firing of a person over an issue I knew nothing about, or make statements regarding policy I didn't understand.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled MV vs Bateman.

Haha relax, dude. I didn't even read your initial response to me. I just typed NO U R because it felt like that's the general vibe of the board today. You dudes with passionate feelings about a guy who hosts a radio show are totally entitled to hate the man.

Quote from: NXOEED on June 04, 2015, 05:53:57 PM
Haha relax, dude. I didn't even read your initial response to me. I just typed NO U R because it felt like that's the general vibe of the board today. You dudes with passionate feelings about a guy who hosts a radio show are totally entitled to hate the man.

Relaxed  ;D.

Nah, I figured you were kidding around but I still wanted to define my position.  I don't hate Noory but I wish he would focus more on the job and less on the career, know what I mean?

NXOEED

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 04, 2015, 05:57:13 PM
Relaxed  ;D.

Nah, I figured you were kidding around but I still wanted to define my position.  I don't hate Noory but I wish he would focus more on the job and less on the career, know what I mean?

Hey, I get it. I'm not listening either. The days of being legitimately scared when you're camping alone in the woods and listening to C2CAM are long gone.

Laurakinch

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM
usually it is.  could you tell me again which radio station you fetch coffee at?  i usually have to be informed of something 1200 times before it sinks in.

Wow, that's seriously fucked up. What the hell MV?

gabrielle

Quote from: NXOEED on June 04, 2015, 06:02:57 PM
Hey, I get it. I'm not listening either. The days of being legitimately scared when you're camping alone in the woods and listening to C2CAM are long gone.

I think Premier has tried to Brand George....Art cannot be branded..he is a REAL person...with cats, a family, and his own opinions. 

PaulAtreides

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
I always got a sense that Redacted was "one of the guys" and you can say anything in jest to her without any hurt feelings.

Well, l wish Redacted didn't interrupt guests the way she did Tuesday night talking to George.  Can't stand that.  There's a time to talk and a time to STFU.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 04, 2015, 04:33:18 PM
So....Art is letting these stations carry his show for FREE?

uhmmm a program director of a independent station would be dumb as fuck not to take this and roll with it.

Good point SR...when you get enough listeners, then each minute costs more! The Midnight Train Rolls on!

albrecht

Quote from: Laurakinch on June 04, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
Wow, that's seriously fucked up. What the hell MV?
He might be still irritably hungover from that Norry Gabcast ;)

ps: Norry likes to use divide-and-conquer strategies, take that back, his handlers, corporate bosses and their paralegals like to use that strategy, I'm not sure if he can think strategically- though considering he got a high paying job with apparent job security not based on performance maybe it is him. Don't let that strategy work at this board or especially against MITD.

nika01

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 04, 2015, 06:19:51 PM
Well, l hope she doesn't interrupt guests on Art's show the way she did Tuesday night talking to George.  Can't stand that.

My wish is that folks will stop worrying about things that have yet to transpire. Not specifically referring to you Paul, rather the whole twisty last few dozen posts.

cosmic hobo

I just don't think Art needs a co-host be it boy, girl or Falkie.

No offense to anyone except Falkie.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 04, 2015, 05:13:13 PM
Excellent point! And if you've learned nothing else from this thread today, it should be this quote: "Greed kills creativity."

It takes years to learn valuable lessons, and if you climb back in the ring or pick up the pen or put on the phones again, you have to choose one side of the see-saw.

I hope Five Guys is on that list of independents.

Correct Nancy! Let Dave have 600 stations...Art can have "The Dream"!

chefist

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 04, 2015, 06:30:51 PM

Fair...but another intelligent person brings a lot to the table...Stern built his show with Robin...billions...crazy...and I think Redacted (it would lend more credibility if I knew her real name) will be great!

wr250

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 04, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
I nominate Richard Hoagland as Bateman's weekend co-host as a compromise between the 'murrican truck driver and the fat haitian woman. That would be so awesome, Hoagland as a co-host. Especially if you get him drunk on air.

and his hair is perfect.

SaucyRossy

Not that anyone cares what I think about Art's show. But I for one think one thing and one thing only. It's Art's show, if he wants to have a co-host on every once and awhile then by all means, it's his show he can do whatever he wants. I'll gladly listen.

Besides, I think it's amazing that someone from our forum gets to do that. I love it, it makes me happier than I can express. (if it was falkie I would not be saying this)

But whatever, there needs to be something interesting to talk about on the next gabcast and MV and Bateman having an on air discussion that either leads to them still fighting or both forgiving each other will probably make for an entertaining show.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: chefist on June 04, 2015, 06:32:59 PM
Fair...but another intelligent person brings a lot to the table...Stern built his show with Robin...billions...crazy...and I think Redacted (it would lend more credibility if I knew her real name) will be great!

Sterns show has always had a cast of supporting characters. Art's has not. I don't care much for Stern. I do for Art.

I made a comment when this was first announced and I said that no offense to redacted as I do like her voice on the gabcast but I just don't think Art needs a cohost. It's not a slight on redacted it's just that Art does not need a "sidekick" if you will.

At the time I think I was the only dissenting voice. I received no fewer than 7 PMs from bellgabbers agreeing with me and the majority of those said they agree but would never publicly say it. That's gotta say something about the situation. I'd also like to add that prior to that I had never received a PM on bellgab except for the system wide ones from MV.

I don't think for a minute that people would stop listening. I certainly wouldn't.

Perhaps redacted could get her own show on the network. I'd listen to that.

Art Bell

Don't mean to get in the middle of a good fight but check my FB

Art

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 06:41:43 PM

Art

Always creating more work for me. :P

Skunk Ape

Art

WOW!
This just gets bigger and bigger

Skunk Ape

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 06:43:28 PM

I think he meant the addition of the 50kW station in Canada

SaucyRossy

Here's another thing, Art seems to be quite influenced (art you can refute this if I'm wrong) by what people say on this forum and I'd hate for what could possibly be a great thing get shut down before it even has a chance to happen. Who knows. A once a week or two weeks guest host show might make for something great, I for one would like to find out if that's the case before bickering makes it not happen at all.

So please no more of this infighting gents.

jazmunda

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 04, 2015, 06:44:29 PM
I think he meant the addition of the 50kW station in Canada

Fixed it. My facebook is running slow.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 06:45:25 PM
Fixed it. My facebook is running slow.

Well it was only 10 minutes ago, and you are on the other end of the world. All is forgiven

gabrielle

Art

wise man Art....The ghost and the machine  !!!

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 04, 2015, 06:39:19 PM
But whatever, there needs to be something interesting to talk about on the next gabcast and MV and Bateman having an on air discussion that either leads to them still fighting or both forgiving each other will probably make for an entertaining show.

I vote for making up out.

wenck

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 06:43:28 PM

Holy crap. That is amazing. I was worried they weren't interested when I didn't hear back.

Art, can we have a comment on Falkie selling tees with your face on them? Left click to enlarge:

PathoJen

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 04, 2015, 06:19:51 PM
Well, l wish Redacted didn't interrupt guests the way she did Tuesday night talking to George.  Can't stand that.  There's a time to talk and a time to STFU.
I suspect that was because Noory couldn't hear her, and he was talking over her???

PathoJen

Quote from: chefist on June 04, 2015, 06:28:35 PM
Car Wash dude always makes me laugh...
That stretchy faced lady is hilarious too! :D

PathoJen

Quote from: cosmic hobo on June 04, 2015, 06:30:51 PM

I do wonder what Art would sound like if he DID have a cohost though. As long as he does 90% of the talking. ;)