• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Queen

Quote from: Gnoory on June 04, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
Just wanted to thank you all publicly for the many IM birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
And to AB best to you on your new endeavor. Leave some room for me! LOL

GN

Let me translate that. Art if u ever decide to quit this new show let dave know so he can take it over and ruin it as well!!

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:42:49 PM
i believe what i see.  and i'll point out since you mention gnoory, he's offered gigs to only two people on this forum.  you're in great company.

I'm glad you think the idea of Redacted co-hosting is great. I don't. I'm so sorry if I've committed a grave BellGab sin. I'll say 10 Hail Arts and take my lashings off the air.

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
No that's not true, I love them, BUT I think I have a fear of building a Network that somebody wants to buy and promises not to change.

I saw a picture of a big poop truck and on the back they had a sign that said "filled with Political promises"

Art

the septic truck in my area ....says 1-800.---shit..

nice...

I agree Art...beware the machine

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
Especially funny considering he's called her that in the past, although in what I assume was jest.

i said it to her face, so yeah, that was in jest.  i didn't do it passive aggressively under the pretense of a comment directed to someone else while pretending she wouldn't see it.  if i were her, your comment would have angered me.  she's to classy to show it, though.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 04:37:37 PM
Mom and dad are fighting again. I'll just be in the bathroom cutting myself.

Not Mom & Dad .......... Mr. Roarke & Tattoo

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:45:55 PM
i said it to her face, so yeah, that was in jest.  i didn't do it passive aggressively under the pretense of a comment directed to someone else while pretending she wouldn't see it.  if i were her, your comment would have angered me.  she's to classy to show it, though.

Pretending she wouldn't see it? You're getting beyond absurd. I POSTED IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

PathoJen

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:45:00 PM
I'm glad you think the idea of Redacted co-hosting is great. I don't. I'm so sorry if I've committed a grave BellGab sin. I'll say 10 Hail Arts and take my lashings off the air.
WTF can't we have varying opinions anyway?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:38:33 PM

(But it's all about me, me, meeee, right?)

usually it is.  could you tell me again which radio station you fetch coffee at?  i usually have to be informed of something 1200 times before it sinks in.

aldousburbank

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
I always got a sense that Redacted was "one of the guys" and you can say anything in jest to her without any hurt feelings.
If (Redacted) is one of the guys then I think that makes me a fag. Dangit !

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM
usually it is.  could you tell me again which radio station you fetch coffee at?  i usually have to be informed of something 1200 times before it sinks in.

I'm sorry you didn't make it past the Biloxi market.

serenity

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

Not me though I am a male lesbian  :)

PathoJen

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:46:46 PM
WTF can't we have varying opinions anyway?
Quoting myself. I see perhaps this isn't about opinions. As you were.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:46:41 PM
I POSTED IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

yeah, that's why i used the word "pretend". 

chinaclipper

oooh...I get it! they're having a "pretend" fight to show the rest of us how foolish we have been lately.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:48:21 PM
I'm sorry you didn't make it past the Biloxi market.

actually, it was possum trot, ky.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM
Please don't tell me you're an Insider.

PathoJen

six week tenure and coaster need to start posting those infomercials here. those were great.

Queen

Alot if in fighting going on wow does it ever end lol

onan

Quote from: NIN on June 04, 2015, 04:57:23 PM
wow does it ever end lol

According to EVP's, no.

ItsOver

I'm ready to kiss and make-up with Aldous if that brings the family back together.

NXOEED

Quote from: ThruTarmac on June 03, 2015, 08:52:23 AM
I just listened to the interview, and here my are thoughts:

1) George has got a pair for phoning in and taking questions
2) His info about offering Art a job on C2C was interesting, but I'm glad it didn't happen.
3) I agree with MV and George that some of the comments about him on the forum cross a line, especially those that wish him or his family harm. That stuff needs to be self-policed a lot better, at least.
4) I think it's time to be less concerned about how lame C2C is to us and become wholly thrilled at how great Art's new show will be.
5) Being aggravated by the inner-dealings between radio show hosts and how their corporate overlords treat them is a distant concern, for me at least.
5) it's better to be positive about what can and will be done then to dwell on what we perceive as sucky.

Then again, what do I know?

I know I'm late to this. Only finished listening to the podcast this morning.

Anyway, I agree with all of this. Noory's only problem (as far as I'm concerned) is that he happened to inherit the mic from The Greatest American Broadcaster of All Time. Tough act to follow. He's done what he could with what he was given. I'm not into it, but I don't hate the man for it. It's like hating a bicycle because it isn't the space shuttle. He's a guy who isn't nearly as good as the guy who's the best ever.

But he isn't evil. He's not killing folks for sport. He's still providing a service. Somebody out there's still listening to C2C (it isn't me).

I respect the man for calling in and answering questions. He seemed to have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Can't blame him for getting a little bent out of shape over some of the comments. It even makes me like him a little. He responds to criticism in a very human fashion. He could just as easily refuse to read the site and pretend we all don't exist.

Cynnie

I love that stations WANT Midnight in the desert !
Just goes to show that we're all starving for substance after all these years of the noory

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
No that's not true, I love them, BUT I think I have a fear of building a Network that somebody wants to buy and promises not to change.

I saw a picture of a big poop truck and on the back they had a sign that said "filled with Political promises"

Art

Never sell Art!  In-N-Out Burger, Flying J's and Love's Truck Stops to name a few are all privately owned! All who I may say are probably Art Bell Fans!

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:54:18 PM
six week tenure and coaster need to start posting those infomercials here. those were great.

I liked the fake Falkie/Drone controversy better though.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

Ugh....are you two for real right now? Bateman is one of my favorite people on here and so is redacted. I read his comment about the morning zoo show thing as nothing more than him wanting the quality to stay high, which I'm sure Redacted would totally want as well.

I've never once thought of Bateman as some one who's jealous, conniving, or makes backhanded comments to users on here. Sure he's sarcastic, but he's a fan like all of us first and foremost. I think if anything his comments were coming from that part of him, the fan part, and not him being a jealous bitch.

So, can you two please tell me that all of this is one big joke you're pulling on us? I mean really.

PathoJen

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 04, 2015, 05:03:12 PM
Ugh....are you two for real right now? Bateman is one of my favorite people on here and so is redacted. I read his comment about the morning zoo show thing as nothing more than him wanting the quality to stay high, which I'm sure Redacted would totally want as well.

I've never once thought of Bateman as some one who's jealous, conniving, or makes backhanded comments to users on here. Sure he's sarcastic, but he's a fan like all of us first and foremost. I think if anything his comments were coming from that part of him, the fan part, and not him being a jealous bitch.

So, can you two please tell me that all of this is one big joke you're pulling on us? I mean really.
MORE INFOMERCIALS SIXWEEKTENURE.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 05:00:42 PM
it's cold in here.

And you call yourself a fan.

The correct quote is "it's dark in here".

lonevoice

Boys, boys, boys.

Can't we just get a ruler and settle this like men?

ItsOver

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 04, 2015, 05:03:12 PM

I don't know about Jazmunda but I know I'll be wetting the bed tonight.