• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

drksd4848

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 03:47:19 PM
i don't know what that's based on, though.  i used to work at a station that occasionally ran paid programming, and they made squat from it.  there will be room for local stations to generate ad revenue with art.  they just won't have the giant gaping advertising holes they currently have with programs like c2c.  fine, i say.  perhaps this will revolutionize how the hourly broadcast clock is structured in 2015 talk radio?  who knows.

Well, that'd be great.  Especially since the news networks are dumping their syndicated hourly newscasts.  Why bother breaking away at all, then.   

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
Thanks for stopping in!  As for paranormal....how bout getting to the bottom of my Malachai Martin CD's that were promised years back when I joined Coast Insider?  It's as if they went through a portal.  Never to be seen.
I remember that.  Man, that's a hell of a sacrifice.  Having to become a Coast Insider and NOT receiving the Malachi Martin CDs.  You can call me a fag, just don't call me an Insider.

Who's Jimmy Church?

coaster

Quote from: ItsOver on June 04, 2015, 03:52:43 PM
You can call me a fag, just don't call me an Insider.

haha

Quote from: Gnoory on June 04, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
Just wanted to thank you all publicly for the many IM birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
And to AB best to you on your new endeavor. Leave some room for me! LOL

GN

Happy birthday GN.  Why don't you take a night off to celebrate?  Knapp can guest host. :)

RoseGirl

yooo whooo....Davie Dave....I hear Art will be using Barry Manilow as his intro. Better get on that, eh?

PathoJen

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 04, 2015, 03:48:04 PM
I'll play.
Eve of Destruction  Barry MacGuire.  First night only.  Never to be played again.  It's in honor of the destruction of the 'competition.'
I'll guess midnight in the desert.

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 03:49:42 PM
what specifically was i supposed to respond to?  will my responses convince you of something?

You know, the words I posted, instead of the smiley. Which if you don't like, you should probably remove from your forum.

PathoJen

Am i the only one here that feels as though Art is very indifferent about all of these new affiliates that are signing up? Perhaps we are all pushing something that he doesn't necessarily want pushed right now. You feel me?

ItsOver

PathoJen

K_Dubb

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:23:52 PM
Am i the only one here that feels as though Art is very indifferent about all of these new affiliates that are signing up? Perhaps we are all pushing something that he doesn't necessarily want pushed right now. You feel me?

I don't see how there is any downside for him.  He dictates his own terms.  It's essentially just making his already-free stream available in more places.  And being on radio just increases his audience behind the die-hard types who will seek him out anywhere, which will increase the potential for interesting callers.

Art Bell

No that's not true, I love them, BUT I think I have a fear of building a Network that somebody wants to buy and promises not to change.

I saw a picture of a big poop truck and on the back they had a sign that said "filled with Political promises"

Art

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:15:42 PM
You know, the words I posted, instead of the smiley. Which if you don't like, you should probably remove from your forum.

you said you didn't like the co-host idea a month before redacted as named.  wonderful.  i still think you're jealous and you're expressing that jealousy through passive aggressive "morning zoo" comments. 

that's my response.  did it convince you of anything?

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:30:07 PM
you said you didn't like the co-host idea a month before redacted as named.  wonderful.  i still think you're jealous and you're expressing that jealousy through passive aggressive "morning zoo" comments. 

Hey, if that's what you choose to believe, against my word and against verifiable posts, by all means. But "lol jealous hatur" is gnoory level shit, MV.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 03:13:06 PM
As for the sexism charge...  ::)

I'd feel this way if a "co-host" were a RED BLOODED TRUCK DRIVIN' MMMMURICAN MAN or a fat Haitian woman.

How about an adorable Aussie?

PathoJen

Since you guys are making this argument everyone's business, can you tell us (well, me) more about this Morning Zoo comment? I can't find it, I think Bateman deleted it.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 03:47:19 PM
i don't know what that's based on, though.  i used to work at a station that occasionally ran paid programming, and they made squat from it.  there will be room for local stations to generate ad revenue with art.  they just won't have the giant gaping advertising holes they currently have with programs like c2c.  fine, i say.  perhaps this will revolutionize how the hourly broadcast clock is structured in 2015 talk radio?  who knows.

So....Art is letting these stations carry his show for FREE?

uhmmm a program director of a independent station would be dumb as fuck not to take this and roll with it.

pyewacket

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 03:40:48 PM
Good point Paladin. Care to take a guess at it anyone? Might be a fun little game, minus the whips and chains art mentioned.

We're Not Gonna Take It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI

bateman

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:33:16 PM
Since you guys are making this argument everyone's business, can you tell us (well, me) more about this Morning Zoo comment? I can't find it, I think Bateman deleted it.

MV seems to think "morning zoo" means OMGZ HE THINKS REDACTED IS A RADIO 'HOLE' LIKE THEY SAY ON OPIE & ANTHONY. Especially funny considering he's called her that in the past, although in what I assume was jest.

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
No that's not true, I love them, BUT I think I have a fear of building a Network that somebody wants to buy and promises not to change.

I saw a picture of a big poop truck and on the back they had a sign that said "filled with Political promises"

Art
This is probably the apprehension I'm detecting in your posts then, Art.

PathoJen

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
MV seems to think "morning zoo" means OMGZ HE THINKS REDACTED IS A RADIO 'HOLE' LIKE THEY SAY ON OPIE & ANTHONY. Especially funny considering he's called her that in the past, although in what I assume was jest.
I always got a sense that Redacted was "one of the guys" and you can say anything in jest to her without any hurt feelings.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:31:34 PM
Hey, if that's what you choose to believe, against my word and against verifiable posts, by all means. But "lol jealous hatur" is gnoory level shit, MV.

Mom and dad are fighting again. I'll just be in the bathroom cutting myself.

bateman

And by the way, I'm hardly the only person with this opinion.

Just for fun, here's the old posts I was referring to:

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 11:15:27 PM
Thank yeeewww all. Of course I'd do it if I'm asked. I'd also like to nominate Howard Hughes & MV.

(But it's all about me, me, meeee, right?)

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 11:39:27 PM
I wouldn't do the co-hosting deal for a couple reasons. There are already shows on DMRN that have multiple hosts, and that just isn't the type of show Art does. I like the idea of each guest host bringing their own personality individually.

bateman

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
I always got a sense that Redacted was "one of the guys" and you can say anything in jest to her without any hurt feelings.

All the more reason MV shouldn't get his panties in a twist about it.

SciFiAuthor

Better watch all this infighting. Uncle George will see it and come in and get the hose out and kick some ass. I don't think any of us wants to see that. Especially the hose part.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 04:31:34 PM

i believe what i see.  and i'll point out since you mention gnoory, he's offered gigs to only two people on this forum.  you're in great company.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 04:37:37 PM
Mom and dad are fighting again. I'll just be in the bathroom cutting myself.
I'll be checking out Dad's liquor cabinet.

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 04, 2015, 03:27:49 PM
Let's head into the Unknown and have fun on the way.  That's all I want.

It would'nt surprise me at all if Art has you fill in for him from time to time (Redacted) if he feels like taking some time off for a trip with the family or some such fun thing.  I look forward to talking to Art, and You again someday soon on the  phone.   :)

K_Dubb

Quote from: PathoJen on June 04, 2015, 04:36:50 PM

Yeah she doesn't seem the type to use the mic to talk about her day.  She will keep the focus where it belongs.