• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
The Weekends are a open question, it sure would be a great opportunity for somebody...hmmm

Art

Bateman on Saturdays and George Knapp for Sundays .. I'm sure Knapp would be glad to tell DaveCo to fuck off.

SaucyRossy

The Weekends are a open question, it sure would be a great opportunity for somebody...hmmm

Art

Does his name rhyme with NateFan? Because he would be a brilliant choice. He knows his stuff, he's a radio guy thru and thru, he does his research, and hosts an entertaining and engaging show.

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on March 07, 2015, 11:08:50 PM
There isn't a better choice.  :)

Dark City, followed by GabCast.

I would love to do a weekly wrap up show/segment for the GabCast.

bateman

Thank yeeewww all. Of course I'd do it if I'm asked. I'd also like to nominate Howard Hughes & MV.

popple

Quote from: lonevoice on March 07, 2015, 11:08:50 PM
There isn't a better choice.  :)

Dark City, followed by GabCast.
CLASSIC LINEUP!  8)

Nick el Ass

Art

George Knapp. After all he may need a new gig once the secret is unveiled.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 11:15:27 PM
Thank yeeewww all. Of course I'd do it if I'm asked. I'd also like to nominate Howard Hughes & MV.

Oh actually....that has me thinking. Why not have a two man show on the weekends? Play with the format. You teamed up with MV would be realllllly good. MV has the radio skills, he's really good on da mic.

popple

I do enjoy Howard's show when I catch it. He has also shown nothing but respect for Art as well. Good guy.

ks3484

Art

Whoever it is you must do some OJT.

Or just do reruns like you use to do.

I would second that motion for MV provided he curbed the C word, played plenty of unintelligible EVPs, and persuaded Evelyn to take the Ed McMahon chair.

Danger!UFO

9:00 P.M. P.T. / 12:00 A.M. E.T is great. Helps us back here in the East.

Steve Warner would be great on the weekend. Howard Hughes is also a good choice. Both of these guys get it.

Wait...No, Really!   :o 8)::)

Heather Wade

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 07, 2015, 11:17:20 PM
Oh actually....that has me thinking. Why not have a two man show on the weekends? Play with the format. You teamed up with MV would be realllllly good. MV has the radio skills, he's really good on da mic.

This strikes me as very cool.  Interesting.

lonevoice

Art
What strikes me is how well this comment fits with the upper right corner.  Poor Jimmuh.   ;D

Danger!UFO

Gabcast needs a place, too.

Art:
I suspect you've listened to Steve/Bateman's Dark City before. Have you listened to 'The Unexplained with Howard Hughes'? I think if we email an invitation to Howard to join Bellgab he would do it. Good guy and quality show. Reminds me of George Knapp in a way. Anyone else agree?

Heather Wade

Quote from: lonevoice on March 07, 2015, 11:29:25 PM
What strikes me is how well this comment fits with the upper right corner.  Poor Jimmuh.   ;D

Should we go ahead and change the name of his thread to "Jimmy Church Sucks!"?  Ha haa, ok, I promise to behave now & forever.   ;)

AZ/CO

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 07, 2015, 11:17:20 PM

I like the idea of playing with the format on the weekends.  And speaking as a vaguely lovable housewife, what about some tumor-rick recipe idea exchanges so that I may use up my stockpile?

lonevoice

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 07, 2015, 11:34:51 PM
Should we go ahead and change the name of his thread to "Jimmy Church Sucks!"?  Ha haa, ok, I promise to behave now & forever.   ;)
Oh, please don't do that.

bateman

I wouldn't do the co-hosting deal for a couple reasons. There are already shows on DMRN that have multiple hosts, and that just isn't the type of show Art does. I like the idea of each guest host bringing their own personality individually.

morgana213

On the weekend I'd love to listen to Bateman...of course!  I'd also enjoy, MV and the Bellcasters, Howard Hughes, Bryan Alverez and/or James Swagger. 

phrodo

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 11:39:27 PM
I wouldn't do the co-hosting deal for a couple reasons. There are already shows on DMRN that have multiple hosts, and that just isn't the type of show Art does. I like the idea of each guest host bringing their own personality individually.

I agree = some artists are best solo .. and some are best with others. You seem best solo and not sure how MV would do solo as it seems he plays best off/with others. Plus with all the show prep MV has to do for the Spec Sheet and Gabcast and herding the animals in this zoo -- how could he possibly do an Art fill-in shot justice? 

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 11:39:27 PM

Why do you hate MV so much? ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on March 07, 2015, 11:54:36 PM
I agree = some artists are best solo .. and some are best with others. You seem best solo and not sure how MV would do solo as it seems he plays best off/with others. Plus with all the show prep MV has to do for the Spec Sheet and Gabcast and herding the animals in this zoo -- how could he possibly do an Art fill-in shot justice?

I disagree. I think MV would be exceptional as a solo host. The other GabCast hosts are just window dressing and possibly a tax break for MV.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 07, 2015, 11:22:00 PM
I would second that motion for MV provided he curbed the C word, played plenty of unintelligible EVPs, and persuaded Evelyn to take the Ed McMahon chair.
and would have some beer..... ;)

phrodo

Quote from: jazmunda on March 08, 2015, 12:03:52 AM
I disagree. I think MV would be exceptional as a solo host. The other GabCast hosts are just window dressing and possibly a tax break for MV.

And we now have a new leader in the clubhouse for the Bronze Nose of the Week award.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 09:13:49 PM
I noticed that Dave logged in here just two minutes after his show last night but did not post, I am thinking he took a fast look around and backed away slowly. What a loss.
He's checking for PMs from the mole.
I am stoked for July.

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 08, 2015, 12:09:26 AM
and would have some beer..... ;)

I can think of no better substance to enhance the EVP interpreting process.

WhiteCrow

Oh my, a trifecta of talent!  with Art an Quadfecta,  I'll bet on those for the WIN!  About as good as it gets!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: morgana213 on March 07, 2015, 11:41:47 PM
MV and the Bellcasters...

i want to be in a singing group of the barber shop variety and go by this name.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on March 08, 2015, 12:02:08 AM
Why do you hate MV so much? ;D

Well since you asked, because he's a whinny-smart-ass, fouled-mouthed little punk. but other than that, he's seems OK.