• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

grano salis

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 06:26:18 PM
For reals!!!  The double standards...

No kidding.  They agree that she looks very fetching at her age (which is not that old-guys)!

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 30, 2013, 06:26:18 PM
For reals!!!  The double standards...
Geez I'm an old tobacco smoking long haired gun totin' hemp wearing bible smoking gay loving monogamous dark skinned heterosexual hippie.  Double digit standards is whut I'm talkin' aboot. Wait, what?

phrodo

Quote from: Étouffée on September 30, 2013, 06:13:09 PM
I am in chalk-white face.  I am standing in an upright crystal coffin, pushing my hands against the glass.  My name might be Marcel, or Marcels or Cousteau.  Now, I see you, and YOU are all in chalk-white face, standing in upright crystal coffins, pushing against the glass.

You are mime memes!!! 

Can Art start the show early?  I feel the need.  In the October slanting sun, waiting for the night, and the dark

matter.

I'd much rather prefer to spend an evening with Sophie Marceau than Marcel ... and I wouldn't mind if she didn't speak either ... the silence wouldn't be uncomfortable at all...  :P

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 30, 2013, 09:58:11 AM
I always thought Noory should hook-up (That`s what the kids are calling it these days, right?) with LMH.

LOL.  Has Hell frozen over?

Falkie2013

Since we're talking about Art Bell, I went to log on to the feed and a popup said that my free trial expired today !!!
I was going to call and order a radio for the car tomorrow and renew the internet feed, though I don't know if they charge you twice for that.
No AB for me tonight, no Siriusly Sinatra either.
I could just scream !!!
:( :( :( >:( >:( :( :( :( :(

phrodo

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 30, 2013, 07:03:35 PM
Since we're talking about Art Bell, I went to log on to the feed and a popup said that my free trial expired today !!!
I was going to call and order a radio for the car tomorrow and renew the internet feed, though I don't know if they charge you twice for that.
No AB for me tonight, no Siriusly Sinatra either.
I could just scream !!!
:( :( :( >:( >:( :( :( :( :(

Just sign up for another trial with a different email address.

Spinner

25 minutes to showtime

Is everyone ready for the ride?

shell88

Quote from: phrodo on September 30, 2013, 07:18:42 PM
I tried that here in Canada and it didn't work.  I just went ahead and ordered the internet stream.  First they told me I had to have a radio for the stream.  I called back and complained and they set me up with it. 

Quote from: Spinner on September 30, 2013, 07:38:07 PM
25 minutes to showtime

You know damn right.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 06:36:50 PM
Geez I'm an old tobacco smoking long haired gun totin' hemp wearing bible smoking gay loving monogamous dark skinned heterosexual hippie.  Double digit standards is whut I'm talkin' aboot. Wait, what?
You're not that old.  Just ripe.  I don't know about the rest.

Noorynoid

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 30, 2013, 07:44:20 PM
You know damn right.

I'm strapped in, on 02 and ready for ascension. Let it begin.

coaster

Quote from: phrodo on September 30, 2013, 07:18:42 PM
Will that work? I think my trial is almost up as well.

Spinner

I think tonight's guest/topic will stir up some controversy.
Join us at the Live Show discussion thread:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=4738.0

Earth Pod

Quote from: Earth Pod on September 30, 2013, 03:00:30 AM
Cheer up tonic>>>17 hours to show time..........once again  8)
7 minutes to go. Streaming via Firefox. Chatting via Seamonkey.   I'm ready.

phrodo

Quote from: coaster on September 30, 2013, 07:49:09 PM
Will that work? I think my trial is almost up as well.

Likely would have to go into your browser and clear all cookies related to Sirius .. thinking that's the only way they could tell if you had already subscribed. Maybe power cycle modem to get a new IP addy as well.

phrodo

Quote from: Spinner on September 30, 2013, 07:51:36 PM
I think tonight's guest/topic will stir up some controversy.
Join us at the Live Show discussion thread:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=4738.0

Guess MV lost the key to the threadlock...  :o

EDIT - ok ... thread open now at 9:05...

Morgus

Has Sirius reduced how much time you can go back in the live program now?
It used to be 5 hours, but tonight in the Sirius PC app I'm only getting about 2 hours in the buffer now...

Juan

I like that Art said he was doing show prep Thursday night by stretching out on the couch before the phone call telling him he wouldn't be on the air.  Does he do that to relax or was that a dig at sNoory's 8-hours of show prep?  Either way, it was funny.

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 01, 2013, 09:04:11 AM
I like that Art said he was doing show prep Thursday night by stretching out on the couch before the phone call telling him he wouldn't be on the air.  Does he do that to relax or was that a dig at sNoory's 8-hours of show prep?  Either way, it was funny.

I think Art just likes to take a snoozer before hitting the air.

Let`s remember, the man is 70.

I seem to remember on an older OBE show, Art saying that he takes naps throughout his off hours. The guest mentioned that this sort of interrupted sleep pattern is excellent for bringing about OBEs. May have been an old Al Taylor show.

Roswells

Quote from: Spinner on September 30, 2013, 07:38:07 PM
25 minutes to showtime

That was one shitty ride. I want my quarter back!

Spinner

Art gave BellGab an awesome shout-out at the beginning of tonight's show.
And he called BellGabbers "vaguely lovable" :)

We're having fun at the Live Show discussion thread.
Come join us:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=4750.0

Maxwell

Quote from: Spinner on October 01, 2013, 08:33:01 PM
Art gave BellGab an awesome shout-out at the beginning of tonight's show.
And he called BellGabbers "vaguely lovable" :)

We're having fun at the Live Show discussion thread.
Come join us:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=4750.0

Morgus

Art did a "stereo test" onair tonight but it doesn't appear to work correctly with the PC Sirius app.
I am only getting mono audio, same signal to both left and right channels.

Spinner

Here's what Art said tonight about BellGab:

"They're a bunch of very vicious critics, and only vaguely lovable people. But it's pretty cool."

I like the "vaguely lovable people" description.  ;)

Scully

Here's an interesting write up by someone who didn't even know who Art Bell is until he covered Dark Matter for the Huffington Post.  Good to see Art get this positive coverage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carstravelfood/art-bells-dark-matter_b_3966787.html

popple

Art's mention of us made my heart sing  ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Scully on October 02, 2013, 03:23:20 AM
Here's an interesting write up by someone who didn't even know who Art Bell is until he covered Dark Matter for the Huffington Post.  Good to see Art get this positive coverage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carstravelfood/art-bells-dark-matter_b_3966787.html
Thanks for posting that.  What a great (and glowing) review for Art by a new listener.  Very cool!

rangerdavid

Quote from: Scully on October 02, 2013, 03:23:20 AM

Very good article, well written, and a glowing review of the new show!

Who are the  'vicious critics'?