• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

fn49

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - 1919 H. L. Mencken

If I remember right he said this after his son was abused by his teacher but before it was made public.  I don't remember what show it was.

mikealden

https://youtu.be/NcyQy3gsRG4

Don’t know if anyone here listens to old Art still. Here’s an episode of his show Area 2000. It’s from before Dreamland. Don’t think this is in any of the torrents or has ever really circulated.

albrecht

Quote from: mikealden on June 02, 2020, 02:40:30 PM
https://youtu.be/NcyQy3gsRG4

Don’t know if anyone here listens to old Art still. Here’s an episode of his show Area 2000. It’s from before Dreamland. Don’t think this is in any of the torrents or has ever really circulated.
Thanks a lot! Awesome to find more old Art stuff. Post anything more you can find....

Jackstar

Quote from: mikealden on June 02, 2020, 02:40:30 PM
Don’t think this is in any of the torrents or has ever really circulated.

There's a great deal of stuff like that. Although I suppose, in one sense, "a great deal" is actually in a state of "dwindling supply."

(All this pretending that Bell is dead is becoming exceedingly and excessively tedious. Nevertheless, I will continue to pretend, as long as is practical.)

How many... ah, fuck it, this is literally as far as I made it. ARRT BELL IS ALIVE

Hard Case

Thank you, Mike,

This place has spun so far from its original course it's not even a mirror anymore of Facebook's rebarbative rage-chamber: it's something else, something far more sinister.

For former frequent visitors, now silent with disgust, the change in scenery is welcome â€" a reminder of the good old view.

Great find.

Jackstar

Quote from: Hard Case on June 02, 2020, 02:58:53 PM
something far more sinister

Now that you've stipulated that it was "sinister" in the first place... tell us more. Tell us everything. Omit nothing.

No. 5 is alive. No. 5 needs input.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on June 02, 2020, 02:48:30 PM
Post anything more you can find....

There are some challenges here with that. To begin with, there are some customs duties involved. Cost isn't the issue--the payment window is shut down due to Quarantine.

Also, I can't even find my pants. Hey, where's my pants? Oh, there they are, hanging off of that moose. Whew. I'm gonna really need those pants someday.

Hard Case

Quote from: Jackrabbit on June 02, 2020, 03:07:40 PM
everything.
nothing.
input.

You always were the best friend of italics.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Hard Case on June 02, 2020, 02:58:53 PM
Thank you, Mike,

This place has spun so far from its original course it's not even a mirror anymore of Facebook's rebarbative rage-chamber: it's something else, something far more sinister.

For former frequent visitors, now silent with disgust, the change in scenery is welcome â€" a reminder of the good old view.

Great find.

Probably Nazis...or worse! You know Art died a couple of years ago, right?

Hard Case

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 02, 2020, 03:49:41 PM
You know Art died a couple of years ago, right?

Art died many decades before then.

[attachment=1,msg1397217]

Dr. MD MD

I’m guessing this site turned sinister to you around the time Trump got elected. Am I right?

dan7800

I've been out of the loop for a while. I tuned to DMDN and I am hearing Art's voice. What's going on?

Jackstar

Quote from: dan7800 on June 02, 2020, 06:42:41 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while. I tuned to DMDN and I am hearing Art's voice. What's going on?

Well, it's like this. Art's not dead. Well, he's dead, but that doesn't mean what it used to anymore, what with the photon belt and the... well, think of it this way. Someone who used to hold the rights to Art's publishing rights got hit by a train. No, wait, it's not like that at all--more like, hit by an apology. Or something. Did DMDN get bought out? I'm frankly too embarrassed to say.

Anyway, we've all got to keep on pretending that Art is really dead, or we all get hit by trains. Or something? I'll be honest, I am terrible at remote viewing business contracts. Just awful at it. I get all the details wrong, it's a tragedy. Just carry on, I probably am just really stoned again, hurr durr derp derp dep.

Hi, Mom!

Jackstar

Quote from: Hard Case on June 02, 2020, 03:48:41 PM
You always were the best friend of italics.

They looked lonely. Especially here.

albrecht

Alert: AMC is running  "Day After Tomorrow" marathon, or at least back to back on. Put on, even if just on mute. Whitley and Art trust need the residuals.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on June 24, 2020, 09:37:47 PM
Whitley and Art trust need the residuals.

Thankfully, Art has STFU lately. Best wishes, warm regards, Signed, The Happy Medium

Jackstar

Thankfully not many. One crazy summer!

I've never seen this Zyppah thing in my entire life. Relieved.

ksm32

The Art Of Talk  is great scotch drinking reading.   A lot  of    breathing  room     within those pages..  You can be tipsy and still knock a great deal of that book back on the quick.

Silphion

"I've never seen this Zyppah thing in my entire life." - JS

Does anyone remember this as one of Art Bell's old sponsors or did we just slip into another Mandela universe (ie. my freely shared false memory) ?

Grain of salt anyone?

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on July 25, 2020, 01:51:56 PM
Grain of salt anyone?

For me it's the entire shaker...

Either way, this was tasteless of Lear, IMO

Rockaria

See comment below

Rockaria

Quote from: fn49 on June 01, 2020, 06:53:06 AM
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - 1919 H. L. Mencken]

If I remember right he said this after his son was abused by his teacher but before it was made public.  I don't remember what show it was.

I was an active member of the Fantastic Forum and I believe Art posted that comment on the FF. He posted there quite often and stayed in touch with us even when he'd "quit" radio now and then....

Jackstar

Quote from: Rockaria on July 25, 2020, 10:15:00 PM
I was an active member of the Fantastic Forum

I never even heard of that place until it was already gone with the wind. No one ever tells me anything. I have to figure everything out myself.

This strengthens the autodidact.

Lunger

I don't see Art having the courage to kill himself.

Being stupid and overdosing...sure.  I think Art could pull that level of stupid quite easily.

BettyO417

Holy Crap!!! First I have to wonder why John Lear needed to release this. There's nothing that's a good enough reason.

Asia's not a baby anymore, she's probably in middle school. Can you imagine the gossip in that town?? It's pitiful..

So are we all on the same wave length as to whom was the aggressor and the instigator of the suicide?? Hmmm.... I think he would rather die than hurt his wife & children (even though he was just as complicit) because of the Ho, Ho, Ho....

Good God, how could he desire that dysfunctional human. Could you have heard the overwhelming heart wrenching whining in between a few joints and a fire dance???
I still want to claw my eyes out visualizing her bent over in those freakish pants.. Well on her rear end, anyway.

If Arty was the aggressor & she knowing his wife was pregnant that witch could have had some integrity and told Arty to back off.. Then again, look who it is.  No wonder that witch went crazier than she already was... Now live with you homewrecker....

And another thing has anyone heard Clyde Lewis mention heather wade as one of the colleagues? It will turn your stomach.. I'm sorry but that voice..

Anyway, just my 2 cents... So how are you BellGab?? It's been a few..  ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: BettyO417 on July 28, 2020, 05:09:29 PMSo how are you BellGab?? It's been a few..

Oh Hi! I was gone for a few as well. Now I'm back, waiting on Art to return.

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on July 28, 2020, 05:16:11 PM
Oh Hi! I was gone for a few as well. Now I'm back, waiting on Art to return.

Rumour is that they fired that upstart Nathan to clear the schedule for him. Should only be a matter of weeks now.

Quote from: BettyO417 on July 28, 2020, 05:09:29 PM
So how are you BellGab?? It's been a few..  ;D

Everybody wanders back here eventually... Grab a cold one and have a look around and what we did to the place. Dirty dishes in the sink, holes in the walls and something stuck to the ceiling... But at least we thought to put in marble counter tops in the kitchen and a tiled back splash.