Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

trostol

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on March 25, 2016, 11:09:17 AM
Yeah, you get that at home for free.

(Just joking)

if you only knew  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 25, 2016, 10:56:07 AM
She flip-flopped and insulted her audience at the same time. Sub cancelled, I'm not going to pay to get scolded.
Remember, I suck, too.

Ciardelo

She flip-flopped and insulted her audience at the same time. Sub cancelled, I'm not going to pay to get scolded.
Welcome to the dark side Flipper.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 25, 2016, 11:34:08 AM
Yeah, and I knew an old lady who smoked 60 a day for 70 years.. never did her any harm.

By your logic if we all bonged everyday, we'd be getting Nobel prizes. Sure, Heather might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but if she's monged half the time it isn't going to help with her finer thought processors. Shit; maybe she needs more? Yeah, that'll be it.  ;)

No, I wasn't saying it makes you smart, only that it doesn't make you stupid. I know fine points like that are lost on someone like you but try to keep up. I simply pointed out how wrong and myopic your attempt to stereotype pot smokers is. There is absolutely no evidence that it lowers IQ or cognitive ability or is harmful in anyway other than the fact that smoking anything is ultimately bad for your lungs. These days there are lots of alternatives to that method anyway. I'd worry less about Heather and more about you. Sounds like you might need to lube up your old neurons a bit   ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2016, 12:31:22 PM
No, I wasn't saying it makes you smart, only that it doesn't make you stupid. I know fine points like that are lost on someone like you but try to keep up. I simply pointed out how wrong and myopic your attempt stereotype pot smokers is. There is absolutely no evidence that it lowers IQ or cognitive ability or is harmful in anyway other than the fact that smoking anything is ultimately bad for your lungs. These days there are lots of alternatives to that method anyway. I'd worry less about Heather and more about you. Sounds like you might need to lube up your old neurons a bit   ;)
Here--you might need this: to

Don't thank me, just thank God I'm here to proof-read.  ;)

bobo17

Quote from: WOTR on March 25, 2016, 01:41:14 AM
Maybe that is a part of the problem here, Bobo.  I would suggest to you that you may have better results if you tell people a little more.  I know that I always find people treat me differently once I let them know who I think I am and let them know of my importance.

And don't ever let anybody throw the fact that you did not recognize who MV was in your face.  I know that when we were planning "George Noory sucks.com" all those years ago, chewing the fat, and brainstorming ideas he was... well... different.  The person who people on this site know as Micheal Vandeeven is the same person that we knew as Michelle Venus back when.  I finally found that old snap shot of the two of you together.  Man, those were the days. 8)

Having access too and finding this pic says more about you than me.

BTW - i am still receiving overwhelming correspondence to my inbox. This material will be very valuable during our meeting.  Kieth, Art will give it great importance (at least according to our preliminary conversations).  I only hope and prey that after we have conculuded, all can stay friends and heather can return to her previous  positons.

thanks again everyone
i am humbled by the confidence you have shown in my, not only this last few months, but over the  last 20+ years.

Again this meeting is next week and i will post as soon as i have the results.

thanks again, we are days away from getting rid of heather
keep the faith

bobo

Ciardelo

Quote from: bobo17 on March 25, 2016, 12:49:48 PM

BTW - i am still receiving overwhelming correspondence to my inbox. This material will be very valuable during our meeting.  Kieth, Art will give it great importance (at least according to our preliminary conversations).  I only hope and prey that after we have conculuded, all can stay friends and heather can return to her previous  positons.

thanks again everyone
i am humbled by the confidence you have shown in my, not only this last few months, but over the  last 20+ years.

Again this meeting is next week and i will post as soon as i have the results.

thanks again, we are days away from getting rid of heather
keep the faith

bobo
Mr. Mittens? Is that you?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 25, 2016, 12:37:04 PM
Here--you might need this: to

Don't thank me, just thank God I'm here to proof-read.  ;)

Brilliant!

Every once in awhile one of those little buggers gets away. Thanks for catching for me, Big C!  :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2016, 12:31:22 PM
No, I wasn't saying it makes you smart, only that it doesn't make you stupid. I know fine points like that are lost on someone like you but try to keep up. I simply pointed out how wrong and myopic your attempt to stereotype pot smokers is. There is absolutely no evidence that it lowers IQ or cognitive ability or is harmful in anyway other than the fact that smoking anything is ultimately bad for your lungs.

Erm...wrong. It doesn't just damage lungs; worse than tobacco actually, because it burns hotter. But if used at a young age, it can prevent the brain forming as it should..the bit that deals with reasoning. Important stuff and all that. It's why as teenagers we believe we're immortal: we haven't established the bit that says "Do you really think this is a good idea?"

. These days there are lots of alternatives to that method anyway. I'd worry less about Heather and more about you. Sounds like you might need to lube up your old neurons a bit   ;)

No need to worry about me, nor should you. As for Heather? She has immortality on her side... :D

K_Dubb

Yeah, me too.

I think she was briefly swayed by the audience's reaction (good entertainer's instinct -- if someone's about to be run out of town on a rail, jump in front and lead the parade) but then retrenched to her original position, which consists mostly of asserting that she is in charge and it's her show (bad instinct -- nobody cares, we just want a good show).

I've seen people promoted to higher positions waste a lot of energy peeing in the corners just to prove to themselves they can.

laserjock

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 25, 2016, 01:05:38 PM
Erm...wrong. It doesn't just damage lungs; worse than tobacco actually, because it burns hotter. But if used at a young age, it can prevent the brain forming as it should..the bit that deals with reasoning. Important stuff and all that. It's why as teenagers we believe we're immortal: we haven't established the bit that says "Do you really think this is a good idea?"

No need to worry about me, nor should you. As for Heather? She has immortality on her side... :D

Yes, because teens are ruled by a part of the brain structure known as the amygdla, which is a more animalistic brain functioning part of the mind.  They haven't developed the frontal lobe's wiring yet.  That's why teens, when they fall in love, think it's the end all to be all and they it's better to die when the lover dumps them than to live and such stuff.

And yes, I am a big proponent of legalizing and taxing marijuana but there ARE many studies indicating it does harm brain development in kids all while being virtually harmless for adults with the exception that frequent use de-motivates many adults.  And that while not strictly addictive, and has some addictive features.  I haven't smoked in decades but used to be a major pot hound, I had to have it or I was miserable much of the time.  Mind you, there are benefits to getting baked, yes, and there are negatives also.

But marijuana has many medicinal values, it's a legit medication for all sorts of things, the war on drugs was designed by Nixon in order to oppress minorities, in order to demonize and control them, and Nancy took up the flame.

All this is factual.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 25, 2016, 01:22:07 PM
Yeah, me too.

I think she was briefly swayed by the audience's reaction (good entertainer's instinct -- if someone's about to be run out of town on a rail, jump in front and lead the parade) but then retrenched to her original position, which consists mostly of asserting that she is in charge and it's her show (bad instinct -- nobody cares, we just want a good show).

I've seen people promoted to higher positions waste a lot of energy peeing in the corners just to prove to themselves they can.

Unfortunately I think you're right. Very sad.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: laserjock on March 25, 2016, 01:23:40 PM
Yes, because teens are ruled by a part of the brain structure known as the amygdla, which is a more animalistic brain functioning part of the mind.  They haven't developed the frontal lobe's wiring yet.  That's why teens, when they fall in love, think it's the end all to be all and they it's better to die when the lover dumps them than to live and such stuff.

And yes, I am a big proponent of legalizing and taxing marijuana but there ARE many studies indicating it does harm brain development in kids all while being virtually harmless for adults with the exception that frequent use de-motivates many adults.  And that while not strictly addictive, and has some addictive features.  I haven't smoked in decades but used to be a major pot hound, I had to have it or I was miserable much of the time.  Mind you, there are benefits to getting baked, yes, and there are negatives also.

But marijuana has many medicinal values, it's a legit medication for all sorts of things, the war on drugs was designed by Nixon in order to oppress minorities, in order to demonize and control them, and Nancy took up the flame.

All this is factual.

Well, I assumed I was talking to adults. Of course, we shouldn't let kids have unrestricted access to drugs. What a strawman!  ::)

Also, can you really point to any actual studies that prove what you're saying abut the potential damages? I doubt it. There are some leading indicators, things to further study to verify if they're true but, frankly, a lot of the research into the negative effects has been biased and often funded by the anti-drug lobbyists; who, if you look into it, you will find are a collective representing alcohol sellers and big pharma. They're just trying to eliminate any potential competition  :)

By all means, keep the pot away from little Johnny, while at the same time loading him up with SSRIs and Ritalin and Ativan  ::)

It really has been a strange ride in retrospect. Reality is crazier than fiction. I don't think any of us could have written this story. Here's Carlton.

PKaiser

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2016, 01:36:39 PM
Well, I assumed I was talking to adults. Of course, we shouldn't let kids have unrestricted access to drugs. What a strawman!  ::)

Also, can you really point to any actual studies that prove what you're saying abut the potential damages? I doubt it. There are some leading indicators, things to further study to verify if they're true but, frankly, a lot of the research into the negative effects has been biased and often funded by the anti-drug lobbyists; who, if you look into it, you will find are a collective representing alcohol sellers and big pharma. They're just trying to eliminate any potential competition  :)

By all means, keep the pot away from little Johnny, while at the same time loading him up with SSRIs and Ritalin and Ativan  ::)

It's funny, while I was getting prepped for my open heart surgery three weeks ago I was blatantly honest about my daily pot usage and not one single Doctor, anesthesiologist or nurse was concerned at all. They were way more concerned with cigarette smoking (something I quit cold turkey in 1993) and alchohol drinking (something I've never done) than anything else. Even my cardiologist doesn't have a problem with pot, it's the tars and nicotine from ciggies that really hurt heart patients. Anecdotal evidence I know, but true nonetheless....

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on March 25, 2016, 12:14:39 PM
Remember, I suck, too.

Good old George. They broke the mould when they made him because it was defective.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 25, 2016, 01:54:34 PM
Good old George. They broke the mould when they made him because it was defective.

but do you think the mold could've been a portal to another dimension maybe?  ???

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PKaiser on March 25, 2016, 01:48:21 PM
It's funny, while I was getting prepped for my open heart surgery three weeks ago I was blatantly honest about my daily pot usage and not one single Doctor, anesthesiologist or nurse was concerned at all. They were way more concerned with cigarette smoking (something I quit cold turkey in 1993) and alchohol drinking (something I've never done) than anything else. Even my cardiologist doesn't have a problem with pot, it's the tars and nicotine from ciggies that really hurt heart patients. Anecdotal evidence I know, but true nonetheless....

You're also inhaling a lot less smoke when smoking pot. With cigarettes, you're inhaling it all day long. With pot it's just a couple inhalations a day.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2016, 01:36:39 PM

http://mic.com/articles/87743/harvard-scientists-studied-the-brains-of-pot-smokers-and-the-results-don-t-look-good#.a2MBDglae

However, I doubt you'll find many drugs, including a number of "consumables," don't have the possibility of side effects.  Just look at the pages of possible side effect warnings that accompany prescriptions.  Heck, even DHMO.

What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on March 25, 2016, 02:12:20 PM
http://mic.com/articles/87743/harvard-scientists-studied-the-brains-of-pot-smokers-and-the-results-don-t-look-good#.a2MBDglae

However, I doubt you'll find many drugs, including a number of "consumables," don't have the possibility of side effects.  Just look at the pages of possible side effect warnings that accompany prescriptions.  Heck, even DHMO.

What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Exactly! Start by looking at the things that are the most problematic; i.e., what has the most and worst side-effects; what do people actually die from the most, etc. I assure you, it ain't weed.  ;)

Marijuana is evil and should be outlawed.

zeebo

Quote from: VoteQuimby on March 25, 2016, 01:37:30 PM
It really has been a strange ride in retrospect. Reality is crazier than fiction. I don't think any of us could have written this story. ...

Yep.  It started out as a fun ride at the carnival, but now I feel like I've eaten too much cotton candy and I'm splayed out spinning by the fun-house mirrors.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on March 25, 2016, 02:20:46 PM
Marijuana is evil and should be outlawed.

You're evil! Let's outlaw you!  >:(  :P

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2016, 02:27:35 PM
Yep.  It started out as a fun ride at the carnival, but now I feel like I've eaten too much cotton candy and I'm splayed out spinning by the fun-house mirrors.

Me too, zeebs. I feel like there's a dirty, greasy film all over me now, like the regret you sometimes feel AFTER you've eaten at McDonalds  ;)

ItsOver

Ha!  I'm glad I didn't fight it and purged myself in January.  Sometimes it's best to go with a little momentary discomfort and just get it over with.

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 25, 2016, 12:54:56 PM
Mr. Mittens? Is that you?
What?  You proofread the good Dr's posts, but not Bobo's?  How is he supposed to be successful when communicating with Art and Kieth if you allow those mistakes to slip past you?
Quote from: bobo17 on March 25, 2016, 12:49:48 PM
Absolutely!  It says that I value and cherish memories of "the old days" and keep those snapshots handy.  Besides, that pic of the two of you together celebrating Art's brithday makes better fapping material than the recent pic I have of MV.  The years have not been kind...

***It may also say that I am not afraid to google "transvestite, swimsuit".  Wow, there are some scary images out there. :o

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on March 25, 2016, 02:55:23 PM
What?  You proofread the good Dr's posts, but not Bobo's?  How is he supposed to be successful when communicating with Art and Kieth if you allow those mistakes to slip past you?Absolutely!  It says that I value and cherish memories of "the old days" and keep those snapshots handy.  Besides, that makes better fapping material than the recent pic I have of MV.  The years have not been kind...

***It may also say that I am not afraid to google "transvestite, swimsuit".  Wow, there are some scary images out there. :o

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2016, 12:57:44 PM
Brilliant!

Every once in awhile one of those little buggers gets away. Thanks for catching for me, Big C!  :)
Oh Doctor, I'll catch for you anytime you want to pit...um....well you know what I mean.  :o

WOTR

I like roller coasters, and I know that I have said that I am riding this one to the end.  But even I am beginning to wonder how many more times that operator is going to send it around.  I'm almost ready to disembark and try out the zipper, gravitron or even the bumper cars...

scottydawg

Open Lines tonight! Does that mean the Grand Poobah Mr. Bell will be manning the Mic and Switchboard? :o