• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

sydtron

Nununnnnanununanana......

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 15, 2015, 12:54:23 AM
Amazing what we are all capable of.

Just imagine what it could've been with the facebook bump......I hope you get those punks Art.

Art will recover when his FB comes back and he tells everyone about the AMA after the fact. Who won't recover is a certain other person that just alienated himself entirely from social media promotion with this little trick. Whoever the fuck thought this shit up just created more internet negativity towards "him" than any human other than Woody Harrelson.

rca

On the r/IAmA subreddit Art is number 3! When he was answering questions it was at 5 so upvoting now still gains him more exposure especially now for the blitz.

lonevoice

Facebook itself has a public, officially verified page, here:  https://www.facebook.com/facebook?fref=ts

Facebook does staff this page and it looks like they respond to posts within 8 hours or less, depending on the time of day.  Would someone be willing to post this on their page?  Post it as a comment on their most recent post, the one that says "Is catching a few ZZZZZs on your mind?" 
QuoteToday someone maliciously reported Art Bell’s page as fake and Facebook has disabled it.  Art Bell is a legendary radio broadcaster and inductee in the National Radio Hall of Fame.  He has responded to Facebook by submitting his I.D. (both driver’s license and passport) three times with no response from Facebook.  Art Bell has had his Facebook page for several years with 25,000 active followers.  He’s launching a new radio show on July 20th  and time is of the essence for Facebook to take care of this quickly. #freeartbell

If someone will post this, we can all go make replies to it, like it, and use the #freeartbell hashtag.  Surely it would get facebook's attention.  I would do this myself, but have some personal security issues. 

SaucyRossy

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 01:12:42 AM
Facebook itself has a public, officially verified page, here:  https://www.facebook.com/facebook?fref=ts

Facebook does staff this page and it looks like they respond to posts within 8 hours or less, depending on the time of day.  Would someone be willing to post this on their page?  Post it as a comment on their most recent post, the one that says "Is catching a few ZZZZZs on your mind?" 
If someone will post this, we can all go make replies to it, like it, and use the #freeartbell hashtag.  Surely it would get facebook's attention.  I would do this myself, but have some personal security issues.

there's no way to post on that page's wall, can only message it. I'll message it

Quote from: MV on July 15, 2015, 12:20:31 AM
Rescheduled. It [MV interview of Billy Meier apologist Michael Horn on the GabCast] will be later this month.

Riveting

lonevoice

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 15, 2015, 01:15:06 AM
there's no way to post on that page's wall, can only message it. I'll message it
Rossy, I'm able to post on it...?  Anyone else?

SciFiAuthor

BellaCast is Live!

Hosts: nbirnes & RoseGirl

Possible Topics Include:
   THE BLITZ
   Art's Reddit AMA Success   ;D
   Art's FB Account Taken Down   >:(
   KXL Portland MegaWatt!
   Special Saturday GabCast Intrigue
   Hoagland Flyby
   And more...!

Plus: CALL-INS: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
Welcome to Call the Bella Line at: 215 488-7374

Come join the fun!

Chat with us live!

http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/

Nununnnnanununanana......

whack

(cup sink)

Bonanza Pilot

I really hope Art with his friend at facebook can get to the bottom of who was responsible for today's sabotage. The backlash would be epic if it is who we all suspect it is.

Snoorge and tommy clearly have no decency. The 'nice guy' front that dave puts on (see gabcast appearance) with all the wickedness he engages in behind the scenes is darn right sociopathic at this point.

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on July 15, 2015, 12:36:15 AM
Thanks Rossy it was awesome. My blood pressure is up over this FB stuff. This was done without question by people trying to hurt me but its ok because I am working on finding out who is involved, this will come as inside info but it should make the Court process really interesting. It's in the works now.
Unreal. They probably though it was funny. I guess they won't be laughing much longer. Expose them for their dirty deeds and everyone will know about it.

By the way I will be a Guest Friday on a show with hundreds of stations. I will keep the name private for reasons I am sure by now you understand.

Art

Looking forward to that! :)

Someone on hundreds of station huh?

I think mayhabs someone will be eating their public Facebook comments soon

Once again I think soneone who has a "very painful shoulder injury" had some time to play games with Facebook.

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on July 14, 2015, 02:14:45 PM
Ok so that is the big news for Today, KXL which is a MONSTER station in the North West will carry the show but they will offset it by one Hour and it will be on 10pm-1am directly up against you know who...Portland is Top 25 U.S. Markets, really number 23.

Also CFRB 50KW Confirms Toronto, Canada. 1010AM

Art
This is great news! I hope many other radio stations decide to carry the show.
I've contacted my local radio stations inquiring whether they'll be carrying MITD.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on July 15, 2015, 02:05:39 AM

This is great news! I hope many other radio stations decide to carry the show.
I've contacted my local radio stations inquiring whether they'll be carrying MITD.

Good to see you again Spinner.  Thanks for calling the station.  Good times ahead!

lonevoice

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 15, 2015, 01:15:06 AM
Thanks for messaging it.  It's posted on their timeline now for anyone who is able to "like" the post or comment/reply to it.  It can't hurt, and may help a little.
https://www.facebook.com/facebook/timeline

b_dubb

Re: Facebook snafu .... I'm guessing the increase traffic to Art's FB page may have triggered an algorithm designed to detect abnormal traffic patterns. This might be FB's way of forcing someone to upgrade from a standard account to a business account. They hav to keep shareholders - and their board - happy.

Throw in a couple BS "this ain't the real AB" and suddenly the FB acct is locked up

nbirnes

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 15, 2015, 01:03:46 AM
Art will recover when his FB comes back and he tells everyone about the AMA after the fact. Who won't recover is a certain other person that just alienated himself entirely from social media promotion with this little trick. Whoever the fuck thought this shit up just created more internet negativity towards "him" than any human other than Woody Harrelson.

It's going to come back with a bang, and it might be a good idea for anyone who feels the urge to make yet another Art Bell fan page. Just replicate all over the place in retaliation for one long day down.

Juan Cena

Another thing that probably didn't help Art's AMA: The absolute crapstorm that consumed reddit over the past week. The mod of AMA got canned for some BS reason, and users and other mods pretty much revolted. A good chunk of the forums were locked in protest, including AMA. The COO eventually resigned/was ousted because of the whole mess.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Needle woman on July 14, 2015, 11:33:34 PM
Sinking to new a new low.....

Coast just played a commercial in which Larry King is hawking a "squatty potty" or some such thing to "eliminate in the right position"

I kid you not, I thought it was a prank, but I'm afraid it was a real commercial.

How entertaining......yeah, right.

And you get a discount if enter "Coast" in the order.  I think it's great that George is reduced to helping people take a dump.

BellBoy

Quote from: Morgus on July 14, 2015, 11:51:44 PM
Yep its a real product, available on amazon:

Squatty Potty® Toilet Stool, 7 Inch- The Original

Forget hardening the grid, Dave's new mission: To help his legions of insane cat-ladies faithful listeners to finally know diddly-squat.

PaulAtreides

Thanks Rossy it was awesome. My blood pressure is up over this FB stuff. This was done without question by people trying to hurt me but its ok because I am working on finding out who is involved, this will come as inside info but it should make the Court process really interesting. It's in the works now.

By the way I will be a Guest Friday on a show with hundreds of stations. I will keep the name private for reasons I am sure by now you understand.

Art

I hope you will use MITD as a bully pulpit regarding the facebook problem.  That will get you a response from them if the problem hasn't been corrected by then.

wr250

sadly most businesses do not listen to people who complain about something, until a lawyer gets involved. and even then bigger corps tend to fight it, presumably on the premise "we have more money than you and we will just appeal until you run out of money and stop" .

Art
well its reasonably  safe to say its not a show affiliated with premier/clearchannel/iheart ...

cweb

Wow, it really seems like the word is getting out! Glad to hear about someone in the tasty Toronto market picking up the show!

He's unleashed, baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX81qzmkzq0

boxman

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 14, 2015, 11:14:37 PM
Dave reads a news item regarding the power of facebook and twitter in decimating the news and how it will change the future.... nice little dig Dave. What a dirtbag.
Should be pretty damn obvious then who is behind it...

chinaclipper

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 14, 2015, 11:55:41 PM
MV, there is no ballgag involved, unless we are in the Felchie thread.  I will PM you in the AM.
Paladin - did you get my PM regarding your PM sent in the AM about MV's PM yesterday in the PM?

SredniVashtar

I loved reading the AMA and saw Art referring to 'the other guy'. It's much more fun hearing the occasional remark from Art, contempt dripping from every word, than if he were to do an hour and just unload on the guy. I hope Art really nails whoever it was that was responsible for the Facebook thing (can't imagine who that might have been) and they get shown up for the people they really are. You can't hide behind the 'aw shucks, it wasn't me' facade forever.

codewrangler

Art

Cool!....Whatever the show, I'll be listening....Where and When will you announce the appearance details? Here on BellGab, FB, ArtBell.com..?

Thanks!

CodeWrangler

Lilith

Quote from: jazmunda on July 14, 2015, 11:15:47 PM
It's getting to the point where you can't contact any organisation via the phone anymore and speak to a real person.  >:(

I hope that when I call in to Midnight in the Desert I don't get a recording saying "Your call is important to us. To report a UFO sighting, Press 1, To report a Ghost sighting, Press 2. To report a Bigfoot sighting press 3. For all other sightings, Press 9. If you are JC please hold and leave a brief and angry message."  ;) :P

PRICELESS  ;D