• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PathoJen

Quote from: ItsOver on July 14, 2015, 12:19:58 PM
It most certainly is big news.  Noory is replacing MV for Art's lawn service.  You can't turn your back on Dave.
Yes, and he's installing astro turf. He wants to turn Art's yard into a giant version of his own head.

Firstborn

Quote from: MaxGravy on July 14, 2015, 08:33:31 AM

Dave's gravy train coast is just about over.

I can't wait!

Faustina

So what's this rumor I hear that Art is going to be taking questions on Reddit today at 3:30?  True?

boxman

Quote from: serenity on July 14, 2015, 11:41:01 AM
No pm *snif*
None here either ;\ I am guessing i am not "elite" enough.

PathoJen

Quote from: Faustina on July 14, 2015, 01:11:56 PM
So what's this rumor I hear that Art is going to be taking questions on Reddit today at 3:30?  True?
Omg really? He takes them in here all the time.

PathoJen

Quote from: boxman on July 14, 2015, 01:21:34 PM
None here either ;\ I am guessing i am not "elite" enough.
it's an invisible PM.  8)

Faustina

Quote from: PathoJen on July 14, 2015, 01:22:52 PM
Omg really? He takes them in here all the time.

That's coz you all are Elite.

chefist

PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th. Refer to BellGab and UFOship.com Chat!.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. . If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you. Join us at UFOship.com Chat 45 minutes before Art's AMA for discussion, strategy, questions, ect.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

OH! There is an Art Bell Snoo on Reddit...that is pretty cool!

Faustina

I sent a PM to Art on Facebook.  I'll let you know if he answers me.

chefist

Also, Folks...please refer to the "Blitz" thread for more information about Art's AMA and Reddit!

Faustina

Quote from: chefist on July 14, 2015, 01:24:02 PM
PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th. Refer to BellGab and UFOship.com Chat!.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. . If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you. Join us at UFOship.com Chat 45 minutes before Art's AMA for discussion, strategy, questions, ect.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

OH! There is an Art Bell Snoo on Reddit...that is pretty cool!

Thanks!  Very helpful.  :)

Faustina

Reddit is an old school forum like this one, yes?  A topic is posted and then people post questions and replies under that topic creating a thread.  I think.  Haven't used it in ages, but I semi-remember that's how it works.

onan

Quote from: VegasI15 on July 14, 2015, 10:33:47 AM
I'm not trying to troll here but just confused. (And this post isn't direct at eddie dean, just everyone in general.)  Why and how is everyone an expert on how difficult a person RCH is to work with personally??  All of this talk seems like conjecture to me.  How anyone can form an intelligent opinion without personally knowing and working with someone is a mystery to me.   

It is a fair question. And one that can't be answered except with opinion. My opinion is that it would be extremely difficult to work with someone that, by most appearances, obfuscates, distorts facts, and explains differing thought as some form of conspiracy.

chefist

Quote from: Faustina on July 14, 2015, 01:40:53 PM
Reddit is an old school forum like this one, yes?  A topic is posted and then people post questions and replies under that topic creating a thread.  I think.  Haven't used it in ages, but I semi-remember that's how it works.

Basically...and you can "Up Vote" on a question that you find particularity interesting. That moves it to the top of the thread! Also, you can Up Vote the answers, replies, etc...

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on July 14, 2015, 12:40:42 PM
Yes, and he's installing astro turf. He wants to turn Art's yard into a giant version of his own head.
Yes.  Art's lawn must be taken in a new direction.  The Noory head will also have a crown.  He is The King.  I know this is so because he proclaimed it. 

Faustina

Cool about the up-voting.  I'm gonna have to practice on there before 3:30 rolls around. 

nbirnes

Quote from: Faustina on July 14, 2015, 01:40:53 PM

It is, and it's not. It's not easy to find things on Reddit, and I've looked in every one of the AMA tabs and still can't find the exact Art Bell AMA to upvote it. I'd rather not burden Chefist with a PM, so I'll ask my questions here, in the hope they will help others.

I know the AMA starts at 6:30 Eastern time, but is that page available for linking to Twitter before he actually starts asking questions?

Is it kosher to just upvote anything and everything in the Art Bell subreddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/

Remember that you have to be registered at Reddit to upvote and downvote stuff by hitting the arrows in the far left column.

chefist

Quote from: Faustina on July 14, 2015, 01:46:39 PM
Cool about the up-voting.  I'm gonna have to practice on there before 3:30 rolls around.

You can practice on these Earth Quake Folks if you want!

from r/IAmA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3da1mh/we_are_earthquake_experts_ask_us_anything_about/

phrodo

Quote from: nbirnes on July 14, 2015, 01:48:29 PM
It is, and it's not. It's not easy to find things on Reddit, and I've looked in every one of the AMA tabs and still can't find the exact Art Bell AMA to upvote it. I'd rather not burden Chefist with a PM, so I'll ask my questions here, in the hope they will help others.

I know the AMA starts at 6:30 Eastern time, but is that page available for linking to Twitter before he actually starts asking questions?

Is it kosher to just upvote anything and everything in the Art Bell subreddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/

Remember that you have to be registered at Reddit to upvote and downvote stuff by hitting the arrows in the far left column.

The IAMA will not be visible until about 6pm EDT today. Then you can post questions and upvote your fingers off.  :D

nika01

Quote from: onan on July 14, 2015, 01:41:20 PM
It is a fair question. And one that can't be answered except with opinion. My opinion is that it would be extremely difficult to work with someone that, by most appearances, obfuscates, distorts facts, and explains differing thought as some form of conspiracy.

Nicely put.

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on July 14, 2015, 01:53:43 PM
The IAMA will not be visible until about 6pm EDT today. Then you can post questions and upvote your fingers off.  :D

Also we all will be at UFOship.com Chat at 5:45 pm ET/2:45 pm PT to post link, answer questions, spit ball possible questions, etc...

PathoJen

Quote from: ItsOver on July 14, 2015, 01:44:47 PM
Yes.  Art's lawn must be taken in a new direction.  The Noory head will also have a crown.  He is The King.  I know this is so because he proclaimed it.
perhaps a bronzed picket fence will hug the perimeter of the yard, acting as the afore mentioned crown.  8) 

PathoJen

Quote from: chefist on July 14, 2015, 01:59:07 PM

Also we all will be at UFOship.com Chat at 5:45 pm ET/2:45 pm PT to post link, answer questions, spit ball possible questions, etc...
Just the chat? Or the podcast too?

Perhaps this explains a bit about why Clyde Lewis didn't like the idea of interviewing Art

http://m.golocalpdx.com/news/kxl-marks-return-of-art-bell-to-late-night-airwaves

Life is funny. Competition one day and a big happy family the next...

nbirnes

Quote from: phrodo on July 14, 2015, 01:53:43 PM

Thanks. At least I found the Art Bell subsection. I'm sure everyone there will give big cheers.

(Everyone there will have moved here.)

chefist

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 14, 2015, 02:07:34 PM
Perhaps this explains a bit about why Clyde Lewis didn't like the idea of interviewing Art

http://m.golocalpdx.com/news/kxl-marks-return-of-art-bell-to-late-night-airwaves

Life is funny. Competition one day and a big happy family the next...

That is Fantastic news, Horror! Good find! Clyde was on 7-12am...so now his show gets cut back 3 hours! Wow! AND it is on his flagship station! Holy Cow! No wonder he wrote what he did!

Art Bell

Ok so that is the big news for Today, KXL which is a MONSTER station in the North West will carry the show but they will offset it by one Hour and it will be on 10pm-1am directly up against you know who...Portland is Top 25 U.S. Markets, really number 23.

Also CFRB 50KW Confirms Toronto, Canada. 1010AM

Art

RoseGirl

Not really the reddit sort, so I shall not indulge.

So....no 'news for tomorrow' yet today?

dern it