• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

michio

Is anyone listening to Crazy Jim?  Whatever credibility Marrs has worked to gain he's working to obliterate with his "they want us dead" and "vaccines don't work" rhetoric.  I could have sworn Giants Quayle was talking for a moment. I knew there was a reason I had turned off the radio earlier this morning.

[attachimg=2]
Quote from: michio on May 28, 2012, 02:04:05 AM
Is anyone listening to Crazy Jim?  Whatever credibility Marrs has worked to gain he's working to obliterate with his "they want us dead" and "vaccines don't work" rhetoric.  I could have sworn Giants Quayle was talking for a moment. I knew there was a reason I had turned off the radio earlier this morning.
Quayle at least puts in some interesting paranormal craziness.  This is more Alex Jones.  Marrs has gotten pretty darn close to saying Goldman Sachs is controlled by Nazis.  Should I stay up and wait for it?  I'm thinking brushing my teeth would be more fun.  Why isn't Knapp calling him to the carpet a bit more?
[attachimg=1]

stevesh

Quote from: Jasmine on May 27, 2012, 09:18:19 PM
GOOD STUFF! Keep it up! You're on the right track.  Also, thank you for mentioning exercise (plenty of it) and no caffeine...I omitted those. Also, PLEASE take Omega 3 supplements (if you're not already - good fats - they literally nourish and help to balance the lobes). If you haven't done so already, I recommend you implement spinach - excellent source of antioxidant power (as are all other dark green veggies) into your daily diet, plus one banana daily (more than one can raise potassium levels too high) and try to avoid starch if at all possible. No canned foods whatsoever - the sodium levels are toxic and can wreak havoc with BP types. Please avoid all artificial sweeteners - BIG NO NO! TOXIC and a bipolar's enemy.

Implement fresh fish into your diet, and try to cut down on or scrap red meat. Organic chicken is fine - twice per week. Tons of fresh fruit - NO fruit juices (exceedingly high sugar levels) Try and cut down on dairy intake, but organic whole UNSWEETENED yogurt is fine due to the great and highly beneficial bacteria cultures it contains. Add organic (if possible) blueberries to the organic yogurt. MANGOS!   

And for those who smoke...sorry, it's quitting time! Don't get me started on the chemicals in cigarettes and how they severely affect bipolar types One and Two. Hate to say this, but you can have the best diet going, yet if you smoke...ALL vitamins and nutrients are KILLED. Period.

Coca (unsweetened) tea is great. Also try Japanese Green Matcha tea. Matcha is ground green tea leaves in powder form; the result is one cup of Japanese Green Matcha is equal to ten cups of regular green tea - antioxidant-wise.  One cup per day is all that's needed.

Okay, I'll SHUT UP now!

NOORY SUCKS

But ... but ... you didn't mention turmeric ??

BobGrau

Quote from: WOTR on May 28, 2012, 12:53:20 AM
I really can not resist bringing up Walter Freeman and the lobotomobile...

I wonder if he passed through Detroit in the 50s...

Wild Card Guy

Hey guys,

I'll be brief here. A couple of days ago, I posted something that was pretty damn ridiculous, and I slammed Hal 9000 for something which I should not have. Hal 9000, please accept my sincere apologies for my ignorant rant against you - I acted like a complete and utter jackass. To be brief, I was having an absolutely horrible morning, and should have refrained from going on the computer. Micheal and Sardondi and others called me out on my ridiculous posting, and I more than deserved it. I wasn't trying to garner attention in any way by posting I was fed up; I was simply pissed as hell at the world that morning, and vented my frustration on this forum.

Hal 9000, again, I apologize that I took it out on you. I feel like a shit.

Anyway, that's it.

Wild Card Guy

Sardondi

Quote from: WOTR on May 28, 2012, 12:53:20 AM
I really can not resist bringing up Walter Freeman and the lobotomobile...

Quote from: BobGrau on May 28, 2012, 04:32:53 AM
I wonder if he passed through Detroit in the 50s...

....and this week Detroit says they can't afford to light portions of the city.

All the pieces begin to fall into place.

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 28, 2012, 08:24:00 AM
Hey guys,
I'll be brief here. A couple of days ago, I posted something that was pretty damn ridiculous...

What a very decent and mature thing to do, Wild Card Guy. Of course now I feel like a self-righteous and over-reactive ass myself. Sorry, man - it must have been the turmeric.

Oh, Delenda Noory Est.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Jasmine on May 27, 2012, 12:34:35 PM
Billy Mumy...Billy Mumy...Billy Mumy...Billy Mumy. Noory is LOOPED!

Be sure you're pronouncing that "Mooomy, Moooooomy, Moooooooomy," even when you hear Billy Mumy himself say it, "Mummy." 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Jasmine on May 27, 2012, 03:37:53 PM
...applicable to both sexes, of course. I once dated a musician with whom I engaged in the most profound discussions. Brilliant, brilliant guy. Unfortunately, he wasn't diligent where his meds were concerned. Without being facetious, every time he went off his rocker,(neglecting his meds) so did I in terms of dealing with it. Had I not broken up with him I would have been pulled into an abyss. Sad decision, yet a necessary one.

Having always been the brooding, dark and twisty type myself, I devoted most of my misspent youth and my twenties drawn to musicians and poets and the like.  I have seen the abyss (and all that lies within). 

Then I got smart and fell in love with a science guy.  When I get frustrated with him for his difficulties showing emotion, I remind myself of what it was like with those dark and brooding poetic types who had no trouble expressing themselves. 

Lovely Bones

Hey guys,

I'll be brief here. A couple of days ago, I posted something that was pretty damn ridiculous, and I slammed Hal 9000 for something which I should not have. Hal 9000, please accept my sincere apologies for my ignorant rant against you - I acted like a complete and utter jackass. To be brief, I was having an absolutely horrible morning, and should have refrained from going on the computer. Micheal and Sardondi and others called me out on my ridiculous posting, and I more than deserved it. I wasn't trying to garner attention in any way by posting I was fed up; I was simply pissed as hell at the world that morning, and vented my frustration on this forum.

Anyway, that's it.

Wild Card Guy

It takes a big man to say, "I was having a crappy day and I took it out on somebody else."   8)

MV/Liberace!

Hey guys,

Anyway, that's it.

Wild Card Guy

i now reverse my position.  hal is a creepy asshole and his incessant spying on his fellow board members has reached new lows.  personally, i think hal is the pits.

in all seriousness... glad u came around, wcg.

Juan

What's-her-name-#1 was "manic depressive" as we called it then.  When she would begin a manic episode, her diet went to hell - Coca Cola and Hershey bars by day, wine by night.  After a couple of days, the depressive stage would set in, and she would stop eating completely.  At the time, we knew very little about the disorder and had few treatments.  We finally divorced - I hope she found some help.

As for sNoory, broadcasting, and the few people in his class who "made it"- I spent many years in broadcasting.  I saw many, many people enter the field, and exit after a job or two.  They found out how little journalists make.  I'm not surprised at the students who focused the camera on themselves - breaking a reporter of the desire to focus on him or herself is very hard. 

In that way, sNoory is a typical news person - he sucks.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 28, 2012, 08:24:00 AMHal 9000, again, I apologize that I took it out on you. I feel like a shit.

Anyway, that's it.

Wild Card Guy

No problems... welcome back.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Sardondi on December 31, 1969, 06:22:18 PM/quote]
Of course now I feel like a self-righteous and over-reactive ass myself. Sorry, man - it must have been the turmeric.

Don't. And for the record, I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never a Pharisee!   ;)

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on May 28, 2012, 02:44:56 AM
Quayle at least puts in some interesting paranormal craziness.  This is more Alex Jones.  Marrs has gotten pretty darn close to saying Goldman Sachs is controlled by Nazis.  Should I stay up and wait for it?  I'm thinking brushing my teeth would be more fun.  Why isn't Knapp calling him to the carpet a bit more?

Actually, Marrs has already made his case for ties between Goldman Sachs/big banks and the global elite, who he allegedly ties to  Nazis/Third Reich dogma and practices. He did so in two of his books, The Rise of the Fourth Reich, and The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy. I read both out of curiosity...skimmed through a lot of the content. My eyebrows were perpetually raised. To me, Marrs is like an old, eccentric, yet colorful and entertaining grandfather type who livens up the dinner table conversation.

By the way, interesting conversation here about bipolar disorder and a strict and healthy diet plus exercise - which is right on the money. My brother-in-law is afflicted with the disorder, and thanks to his radically altered diet and implemented exercise regime, he's a very different person - for the better. He is on meds, but the dosage has been lowered since he underwent his lifestyle alterations.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Jasmine on May 27, 2012, 07:48:34 PM
But perhaps Patty's problems began when she lived with her identical cousin, one Miss Cathy Lane, back in the early 60's. Cathy had lived most everywhere, from Zanzibar to Barclay Square. But Patty had only seen the sights a girl could have seen from Brooklyn Heights.

But, they were cousins, identical cousins all the way. One pair of matching bookends, yet different as night and day.  You see, where Cathy simply adored a minuet, the Ballet Russes, and crepe Suzette, Patty loved to rock and roll...a hot dog made her LOSE CONTROL. What a wild duet!

Still, they WERE cousins, identical cousins, and I think that you'll find that they laughed alike, the walked alike, and at times they even talked alike. 
So much so that you could lose your mind...when cousins, like Patty and Cathy...are two of a kind.

I read this twice, and for the life of me I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I really thought Miss Blondie had completely flipped out here.

Then...a light bulb.

...a hot dog makes her lose control!? WTF? One has to wonder if this vintage series was about schizophrenia!

Patty Duke Show theme

Anyway, that's it.

Impressive, but I understood your magnified concern. After all, you/we are dealing with someone using a moniker representative of a cold, invasive, psychopathic, artificial intelligence that does everything within its means to control humans and its environment.

It's not that I am trying to rekindle a fear, rather, just watch yourself around the pod bay doors. That's all I'm saying. OK? All of us in the forum are mindful of the doors. We just don't talk about it.

In public.

Much.

Always carry a space hammer.

(whistling)

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 28, 2012, 01:02:13 PM
Impressive, but I understood your magnified concern. After all, you/we are dealing with someone using a moniker representative of a cold, invasive, psychopathic, artificial intelligence that does everything within its means to control humans and its environment.

Walmart?

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 28, 2012, 01:02:13 PM
It's not that I am trying to rekindle a fear, rather, just watch yourself around the pod bay doors. That's all I'm saying. OK? All of us in the forum are mindful of the doors. We just don't talk about it. In public. Much.

Always carry a space hammer.

(whistling)

The lobotomobile will be by shortly...need a lift? I'll be sure to have the shuttlecraft ready and on standby, McCoy, but do tell...can the psychopath bake a cherry pie?

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 28, 2012, 01:05:40 PM
I'll be sure to have the shuttle craft ready and on standby, but do tell...can the psychopath bake a cherry pie?

I just had a flashback of that somewhat famous video by Warrant.

Back then I thought, Jani Lane has got it made.... big hit in a successful band, married the model from the Cherry Pie video (who looked like Christina Applegate to the second power), the whole MTV coverage notoriety ...

But now ...

Valtus3200

You know, until I saw some of the more obvious stuff about why people hated George Noory so much... I never really understood it that much. But, now I'm paying attention, and he really does love to hover his mouth over that mic so he can sound as loud as possible, doesn't he?

Gassy Man

Quote from: Jasmine on May 27, 2012, 03:37:53 PM
...applicable to both sexes, of course. I once dated a musician with whom I engaged in the most profound discussions. Brilliant, brilliant guy. Unfortunately, he wasn't diligent where his meds were concerned. Without being facetious, every time he went off his rocker,(neglecting his meds) so did I in terms of dealing with it. Had I not broken up with him I would have been pulled into an abyss. Sad decision, yet a necessary one.

He would purposely go off his medication in order to be wholly creative (writing music and lyrics). Frightening, yet the results were remarkable. The same med mind-set applies to the sculptor in my area - she sculpts...no meds.
Certainly true though my experience has been seeing it with more women than men -- that's in no way meant to be a dig, but just a reflection of personal history.  But the problem for me is that I'm one of those guys that finds deep conversation incredibly sexy.  I'm still plugged into the whole looks thing, too, perhaps unfortunately, but combine the two, and look out.  Give me Emma Peel over Friends' Rachel any day.  That it generally takes intelligence to have deep thoughts is a given, but too often those deep thoughts are also tied to deep insecurities and disturbances . . . which in turn inspires deep thoughts about those insecurities and disturbances, and on and on.

My last girlfriend, who I truly thought I was going to marry, finally revealed a history of sexual abuse by both a brother and a step-father.  She had never sought professional help to deal with it and I could see how both the PTSD and a kind of selfish survival mode shaped her personality.  Ninety percent of the time, she was a tremendous human being; the other ten percent she was as cold and vindictive as my worst enemy.  And the irony is that when she was being selfish, it wasn't because she loved herself so much as she was self-loathing but in a space I could never understand.               

Sardondi

Quote from: everybody@1234NoorySucks56789
...*past stuff about relationships with crazy people*...

Looks like a lot of people have experience with relationships with crazy/scary people. As did I in my wastrel days. And the question arises: why would anyone stay for a minute when the craziness peaks its little head around the corner for the first time? And it's a good question. So let's be honest: because with crazy people (at least the 2 truly crazy women I was with) the sex was just miles better. Now that doesn't mean more satisfying, or emotionally deeper or loving or fulfilling. It means, at least in my experience, they knocked me on my butt, made me "sex drunk" (except the term wasn't really "sex" drunk) because they were far more adventurous and wilder-assed sexually than anyone else around.

Of course my experiences with crazies were when I was in my 20's and before I had  matured and and found and married my wife, when I was more interested in sexual excess than establishing a lifelong loving relationship. And I must admit all that glorious sexual abandon with the crazies - every bit of it - was ultimately paid for in full. By bitterness, chaos, emotional blackmail, embarrassment, heartache and regret.

So I'm not advocating sex with crazies, because it's simply not worth it: I'm just explaining why in my opinion people put up with them.

Delenda Noory est.

McPhallus

There seems to be a strong link between insanity and sexual liberation.  The last FB I had was the type who was up for just about anything.  I wondered what those marks that seemed to be all over her body were, and then she told me that she used to be a cutter and had 700 scars all over her body.  I actually never had a problem with her in the few months we were together, but there does seem to be a connection between sexual abandon and mental health.  That's why they tell you to never date a stripper, because they are ALWAYS a mess.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on May 28, 2012, 04:01:21 PM
There seems to be a strong link between insanity and sexual liberation.  The last FB I had was the type who was up for just about anything.  I wondered what those marks that seemed to be all over her body were, and then she told me that she used to be a cutter and had 700 scars all over her body.  I actually never had a problem with her in the few months we were together, but there does seem to be a connection between sexual abandon and mental health.  That's why they tell you to never date a stripper, because they are ALWAYS a mess.

50% of all cutters were sexually abused.

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: McPhallus on May 28, 2012, 04:01:21 PM
There seems to be a strong link between insanity and sexual liberation. 

Agreed. Also a link between sanity and personal salvation. We lose our senses in order to come to them.

Quote from: Sardondi on May 28, 2012, 03:20:04 PM
Looks like a lot of people have experience with relationships with crazy/scary people. As did I in my wastrel days. And the question arises: why would anyone stay for a minute when the craziness peaks its little head around the corner for the first time?

If I may, I believe we subconsciously draw these "dark" ones into our lives in order to meet our other selves; the part of us that each of us possesses, yet suppresses in order to walk amongst our fellow humans; ones we deem to be "normal" and whom we strive to mirror. But there is no "normal", or, as Huxley once wrote, "there is no there there."

“Almost all the people who’ve had the most effect on me I seem to have met by chance, yet looking back it seems as though I couldn’t but have met them.”
― W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge

ziznak

Looks like a lot of people have experience with relationships with crazy/scary people. As did I in my wastrel days. And the question arises: why would anyone stay for a minute when the craziness peaks its little head around the corner for the first time? And it's a good question. So let's be honest: because with crazy people (at least the 2 truly crazy women I was with) the sex was just miles better. Now that doesn't mean more satisfying, or emotionally deeper or loving or fulfilling. It means, at least in my experience, they knocked me on my butt, made me "sex drunk" (except the term wasn't really "sex" drunk) because they were far more adventurous and wilder-assed sexually than anyone else around.

Of course my experiences with crazies were when I was in my 20's and before I had  matured and and found and married my wife, when I was more interested in sexual excess than establishing a lifelong loving relationship. And I must admit all that glorious sexual abandon with the crazies - every bit of it - was ultimately paid for in full. By bitterness, chaos, emotional blackmail, embarrassment, heartache and regret.

So I'm not advocating sex with crazies, because it's simply not worth it: I'm just explaining why in my opinion people put up with them.
So true!  It takes a loooong time to realize that good sex has nothing to do with a healthy relationship.  I'm an Ex-musician myself and can honestly say I've exhibited much of the crazy behavior linked to that lifestyle.  The biggest problem that the creative types have is the inability to descend from the stage.  It's the performance "high" that screws us up.  The greatest feeling on earth is kicking ass in front of a few hundred to sometimes thousand people... the greatest low comes an hour later when you realize that this fleeting moment really means nothing in the long run... so you rinse and repeat. 

Jasmine

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 28, 2012, 09:14:08 AM
Be sure you're pronouncing that "Mooomy, Moooooomy, Moooooooomy," even when you hear Billy Mumy himself say it, "Mummy."

Actually, Lovely Bones, that's an excellent facial exercise routine...strengthens the muscles...mooooooooomy (repeat twenty times)  ;D

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 28, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
Having always been the brooding, dark and twisty type myself, I devoted most of my misspent youth and my twenties drawn to musicians and poets and the like.  I have seen the abyss (and all that lies within). 

I don't look upon it as misspent, more as your being a healthy young rebel girl with a hedonistic cause. To be a young girl in her twenties is, for many, like something out of an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel. You have to admit, these guys were so much alive in an erotic sense. They give off a high electrical charge, don't you think?

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 28, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
Then I got smart and fell in love with a science guy.  When I get frustrated with him for his difficulties showing emotion, I remind myself of what it was like with those dark and brooding poetic types who had no trouble expressing themselves. 

Sounds familiar. I'm rather intense and can quite easily ease towards edge of night (not the old soap opera!) myself, but thankfully (and hopefully like yourself) am not bipolar. I saw the edge of the abyss with my ex, and the very thought of tumbling down deeper than my usual depth was a scenario I was not willing to entertain. If I dove to the bottom with him, I'd eventually have to call upon my inner resources and survival mechanisms in order to quickly surface, and would then no doubt suffer from the bends. I'm perfectly content to often times float on the tranquil surface of the Sea of Me...which has a depth of countless meters.

My fiance is an architect, so I can absolutely see where your head is at in terms of committing to the long haul. You did indeed "Get Smart" (sans Don Adams). He's deep, he's brilliant, but thankfully is also a very rational human being.

I agree, sister - just the mere remembrance of ex musicians past is enough to keep a girl in check.

Jasmine

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 28, 2012, 12:50:34 PM
I read this twice, and for the life of me I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I really thought Miss Blondie had completely flipped out here.

Then...a light bulb.

...a hot dog makes her lose control!? WTF? One has to wonder if this vintage series was about schizophrenia!

Patty Duke Show theme

Listen, you son of a (and glad to have ya back here, Bucko), "Miss Blondie" has officially flipped her wig many a time (which is a woman's prerogative), but not to the point where I go Nancy Lieder and post automatic Zeta writing. I mean, fer cryin' out loud...

Oh, and by the way...hot dogs make many women lose control... 8)

Quote from: ziznak on May 28, 2012, 05:17:37 PM
So true!  It takes a loooong time to realize that good sex has nothing to do with a healthy relationship.  I'm an Ex-musician myself and can honestly say I've exhibited much of the crazy behavior linked to that lifestyle. 

No...no...no...it couldn't be...it just simply couldn't be...Pete?

Jasmine

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 28, 2012, 05:05:12 PM
Agreed. Also a link between sanity and personal salvation. We lose our senses in order to come to them.

If I may, I believe we subconsciously draw these "dark" ones into our lives in order to meet our other selves; the part of us that each of us possesses, yet suppresses in order to walk amongst our fellow humans; ones we deem to be "normal" and whom we strive to mirror. But there is no "normal", or, as Huxley once wrote, "there is no there there."

Now this was exactly how those profound all night conversations with my ex musician bipolar love would begin. Then, I'd offer my honor...he'd honor my offer...and until dawn...it was honor and offer.

blackshap9

Quote from: MV on May 28, 2012, 04:05:43 PM

50% of all cutters were sexually abused.

This is not exactly true. Approximately half of all documented self-injurers have been either emotionally, sexually or physically abused. (Therefore 16.5% would be a more accurate assumption.)

The act of self harm (in this case cutting) is a complex behaviour. It is most often a sign of poor or lack of parenting skills. I can confidently state that the act itself is not an attention seeking behaviour (as commonly believed) and that cutters are not "crazy" as some would portray them to be. Those who engage in self-harm behaviour have problem-solving deficits. In other words, they have not been taught appropriate methods of releasing their anxiety. This is what the act of cutting provides them with; an instant release of anxiety, thereby making them feel better.

It is my humble opinion that the act of self harm is under reported and likely on the rise in our adolescent populations.   :'(

Oversoul

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on May 28, 2012, 05:05:12 PM

“Almost all the people who’ve had the most effect on me I seem to have met by chance, yet looking back it seems as though I couldn’t but have met them.”
― W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge

The sad truth is that the greater part of humanity refuses to see that the human condition in itself is a spiritually dysfunctional state of consciousness which feeds a mindset of duality and a sense of separation from the Absolute.  That is ultimately the cause of all human suffering and evil in the world.  Hence, the individual's need for a soul healing through the process of spiritual awakening known as enlightenment or illumination.

I like that gem of a movie "The Razor's Edge," both the 1946 original with Tyrone Power and the 1984 remake with Bill Murray, based on the novel of the same title by W. Somerset Maugham.  Thanks for bringing it up in your post.

The.Razor's.Edge (1946)

Lovely Bones

A lot of truth in what you're saying here, Sardoni.

But I wonder if there isn't another dimension in some/many cases as well.  How many of us were/have been "fixers," consciously or unconsciously riding in our white horses to save these damaged souls and crazies from themselves and from their demons?