• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 28, 2013, 10:25:12 AM
The story gets worse every day.  It's infuriating.  Both "kids" already had criminal records for theft.  One episode was even caught on video as one of them stole a phone from a bus rider.  Of course, he got probation, and this is how he used his second chance.  To add fuel to the fire, both the worthless father of this scumbag and the scumbag himself are now claiming the old man was a crack dealer.  And the police chief has yet again made a stupid statement, basically blaming the victim for "escalating" the crime because he had the audacity to fight for his life.  This story has really hit home because I lived in Spokane for many years, and my father-in-law in his 70s still lives there.  It's really gone to hell over the past few years.  How they handle this case will determine quite a bit about the city's future.

Here is the little scumbag robbing the bus passenger just back in May of this year:  http://video.kxly.com/watch.php?id=35660

Do you recall the story of the baby who was shot in the face? Dr. Drew's crew make it seem like the mom is responsible by playing up defense claims of her drug use and mental problems. This is the same show that sometimes features a woman, from the Nation of Islam, as a nodding, talking head on their gossip panel. I wonder how Pinsky would handle it if the races were reversed.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: MV on August 28, 2013, 11:13:44 AM
i didn't and not only do i not feel guilty... i thank god i haven't had to.

That's understandable. My guilt is mixed with relief.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 28, 2013, 11:16:38 PM

I was horrified to find a chin hair until I saw a picture of Rosie O'Donnell with a chin hair that had to be at least 3 inches long. I don't care how hirsute you are, it's still a magnitude better than her chin hair. She should have tied a bead at the end.

I've looked up plenty of gruesome images online, but even I'll sit that one out. Sounds fitting for her, because every time she's photographed away from a studio she looks like an oversized bridge troll. I hope that chin hair doesn't turn off Tom Cruise, I'm still rooting for them to become the power couple of the 21st Century. And remake "The Honeymoon Killers"

stevesh

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 28, 2013, 10:34:55 AM
Oh, I'm sure it's coming. Eventually, there will be marches or protests demanding these little bastards be released without charges.

I guess the people involved in this case may want national attention, but just as an outside observer with no skin in the game, I sure hope we don't end up with yet another racially-charged criminal case (a la Zimmerman) that we all focus on endlessly for a year, opining and arguing and denying and so forth.  I've taken a break from almost all news for about two weeks, and it has been very refreshing.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 29, 2013, 12:24:37 AM
I hope that chin hair doesn't turn off Tom Cruise, I'm still rooting for them to become the power couple of the 21st Century. And remake "The Honeymoon Killers"

Ha!  That would be brilliant casting.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 29, 2013, 12:20:08 AM
Do you recall the story of the baby who was shot in the face? Dr. Drew's crew make it seem like the mom is responsible by playing up defense claims of her drug use and mental problems. This is the same show that sometimes features a woman, from the Nation of Islam, as a nodding, talking head on their gossip panel. I wonder how Pinsky would handle it if the races were reversed.

Yes, I'm somewhat keeping up with that story.  It's also infuriating.  I can't stomach Pinsky anymore.  His best days were in the mid-90's when he was doing Loveline with Adam Carolla.

So far so good: No jerk attorney has tried to get the Menendez Bros. parole for being orphans.

Sardondi

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on August 29, 2013, 04:06:20 PM
So far so good: No jerk attorney has tried to get the Menendez Bros. parole for being orphans.
Those kids I found particularly repellent. And chilling.

McPhallus

Quote from: Sardondi on August 29, 2013, 04:15:38 PM
Those kids I found particularly repellent. And chilling.

What I find repellant are the women who flock to guys like them.  I understand female psychology and the whole rebel/bad boy danger attraction thing, but geeeez.  I watched a documentary a while back about the two women who married these guys.  WTF?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: McPhallus on August 29, 2013, 05:36:54 PM
What I find repellant are the women who flock to guys like them.  I understand female psychology and the whole rebel/bad boy danger attraction thing, but geeeez.  I watched a documentary a while back about the two women who married these guys.  WTF?

I saw that too.  Women who already have children and bring them into this prison lifestyle or are allowed to breed with these men in prison disgust me.  How dare they willingly bring children into this situation.  Women who have these relationships have zero self-respect. They feel that having a man behind bars gives them security in knowing that the men won't be out cheating. Some also take a sick and perverse pleasure in knowing how society feels about these kinds of relationships.  I mean, no normal woman would willingly have a relationship with Richard Ramirez or any of these other freaks.  They like the attention they get for being "different."  "Oh, look at me, I can make the Night Stalker into a lovely, caring man."  ::)

Sardondi

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 29, 2013, 06:00:49 PM
I saw that too.  Women who already have children and bring them into this prison lifestyle or are allowed to breed with these men in prison disgust me.  How dare they willingly bring children into this situation.  Women who have these relationships have zero self-respect. They feel that having a man behind bars gives them security in knowing that the men won't be out cheating. Some also take a sick and perverse pleasure in knowing how society feels about these kinds of relationships.  I mean, no normal woman would willingly have a relationship with Richard Ramirez or any of these other freaks.  They like the attention they get for being "different."  "Oh, look at me, I can make the Night Stalker into a lovely, caring man."  ::)
We need a permanent underclass just as much as we need dentists and teachers.

MV/Liberace!

oy.  fuckin greg gutfeld, man. 

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: MV on August 29, 2013, 09:51:15 PM
oy.  fuckin greg gutfeld, man.

Andy Levy should stage a coup. Greg Gutfeld should just admit that he's a neoconservative statist, and his constant jokes about gay Asian house slaves are troubling.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 29, 2013, 11:45:24 AM
Yes, I'm somewhat keeping up with that story.  It's also infuriating.  I can't stomach Pinsky anymore.  His best days were in the mid-90's when he was doing Loveline with Adam Carolla.

I listened to that show when I was a youngster. Adam and Drew were enjoyable, but Drew's omniscient act was a bit much at times. "No, I insist that your alcoholic dad abused you because I can hear it in the pitch and tone of your voice." He sounds like a borderline ghoul now.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on August 29, 2013, 11:06:43 PM
I listened to that show when I was a youngster. Adam and Drew were enjoyable, but Drew's omniscient act was a bit much at times. "No, I insist that your alcoholic dad abused you because I can hear it in the pitch and tone of your voice." He sounds like a borderline ghoul now.

With the lineup of Jane Valez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew, HLN is the Ghoul Channel.

Centurion40

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 30, 2013, 11:01:16 AM
With the lineup of Jane Valez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace, and Dr. Drew, HLN is the Ghoul Channel.

Amen!!  :)

coaster

Forum posts with scrolling marquee text.

stevesh

Quote from: coaster on August 30, 2013, 04:07:51 PM
Forum posts with scrolling marquee text.

Me, too. It's like blinking text back in the day.

Eddie Coyle

How Labor Day Weekend has segued into "speed trap/DUI roadblock" weekend. Lotsa overtime for the troopers.

basswood

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 30, 2013, 10:30:53 PM
       How Labor Day Weekend has segued into "speed trap/DUI roadblock" weekend. Lotsa overtime for the troopers.

I know what you mean. Every single holiday on the books has turned into a mandatory/no-refusal-DUI-checkpoint-roadblock-breathalyzer/blood-draw-cop-love-festival here in Austin over the past decade.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: basswood on August 30, 2013, 10:42:01 PM
I know what you mean. Every single holiday on the books has turned into a mandatory/no-refusal-DUI-checkpoint-roadblock-breathalyzer/blood-draw-cop-love-festival here in Austin over the past decade.

I was out for a walk around 9pm and witnessed a tagteam of Mass Staties parked in the shadows underneath trees at a park(probably 150 feet from each other) with their radar guns. Didn't see anybody get busted...but I'm sure somebody probably got zapped for going 46 in a 45MPH zone. Tickets trump discretion. End of month quota in play.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 30, 2013, 11:01:16 AM

Where's the Nancy Grace Sucks thread? JVM, the recovered feminist lesbian vegetarian, is just a tad less annoying. Just think if she and Ted Nugent got their own reality show. You might have to reconsider cable for that one.

stevesh

Quote from: basswood on August 30, 2013, 10:42:01 PM

You could move to Michigan - DUI check lanes aren't allowed here.

Juan

I live on a street with three lanes - a parking lane, then a northbound lane, and finally a southbound lane.  If someone southbound dares to pull into the parking lane and park headed south, the cops write a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the street.  Surely they have better things to do.

onan

Quote from: UFO Fill on August 31, 2013, 08:19:23 AM
I live on a street with three lanes - a parking lane, then a northbound lane, and finally a southbound lane.  If someone southbound dares to pull into the parking lane and park headed south, the cops write a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the street.  Surely they have better things to do.

Certainly better, but not easier.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: stevesh on August 31, 2013, 06:14:07 AM
You could move to Michigan - DUI check lanes aren't allowed here.

They are illegal here in Washington state as well.  I recently took an addiction treatment course, and we had to write up our opinions on the practice of mandatory DUI checkpoints.  I was disgusted, but not shocked, that I was the only person in the class against them.  Everyone fell into line that "if it saves just one person, it's worth it." No one understood the concept of rights.   >:(

onan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 31, 2013, 10:22:56 AM
They are illegal here in Washington state as well.  I recently took an addiction treatment course, and we had to write up our opinions on the practice of mandatory DUI checkpoints.  I was disgusted, but not shocked, that I was the only person in the class against them.  Everyone fell into line that "if it saves just one person, it's worth it." No one understood the concept of rights.   >:(

I am not sure driving is exactly a right. I do know the law is specific about not driving while under the influence of any mind altering substance.

I also realize public safety, as painful as it is, takes precedence over one person's choice.

Since alcohol related traffic deaths are down close to 52 percent since the inception of the national highway traffic safety administration in 1982. Arguing against the practice and policy of checkpoints may be futile.

I find it troubling that anyone splits the hair of impaired driving and individual rights. It may well be a right to lessen one's capabilities of functioning within their residence, but when their reactions may affect another person I am not sure that is a right.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: onan on August 31, 2013, 10:39:13 AM
I am not sure driving is exactly a right. I do know the law is specific about not driving while under the influence of any mind altering substance.

I also realize public safety, as painful as it is, takes precedence over one person's choice.

Since alcohol related traffic deaths are down close to 52 percent since the inception of the national highway traffic safety administration in 1982. Arguing against the practice and policy of checkpoints may be futile.

I find it troubling that anyone splits the hair of impaired driving and individual rights. It may well be a right to lessen one's capabilities of functioning within their residence, but when their reactions may affect another person I am not sure that is a right.

I'm certainly not pro-DUI, and I think most convictions are sentenced way too lightly.  I think it's a slippery slope.  If we constantly use the "if it saves just one person" reasoning, what's next?  In that same addiction class, we had many people who took this to a whole different level by saying that mandatory home checks would be fine with them because it would lower drug use and, of course, because they had nothing to hide. They felt that it would okay to have police take a random block of homes each day and search them under the guise of public safety.  I don't think that's coming down the pike, but it concerns me that some people think that would be an acceptable practice.

Another issue I have with the checkpoints is that they are sometimes used as an entry to other things. If I'm stopped at a DUI checkpoint, should they be allowed to search my car?  If I, for whatever reason, have a large amount of cash on me, should they be allowed to confiscate that cash until I can prove to them that it was not being used for nefarious purposes?  I've read cases where this has happened.

Juan

My objection to the checkpoints is that they have become mostly a venue for cops to bully people who are doing nothing wrong.