• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: McPhallus on May 28, 2012, 12:51:56 PM

I certainly didn't know that much.  How'd you dig that up?
The power of HAL!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 28, 2012, 02:41:29 PM
The power of HAL!

all it takes is a google search, really.  the amount of information people reveal about themselves is amazing.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 28, 2012, 06:22:55 AM
You're ridiculous! LOL. I'm sure you look like a nice Irish Catholic boy. You also said you're tall, so I'm picturing Larry Byrd, Bill O'reilly, and Bill Murray mixed in a blender.
Bless you for not putting Hannity and Ted Kennedy in there. Actually, the Bill Murray comparison is kind of apt, not so much physically(my hair ain't going nowhere) because my life eerily resembles his "Stripes" character(the "it's just not funny anymore" break up with his girl has happened more than once to me) .So, the first 20 minutes of that movie is almost like a documentary for me, but I'd never join the military or attempt to become a responsible citizen like he did.

danDNA

When in Rome... Act like a prick.

Sent from my Melon wired to a walkie-talkie device

Frys Girl

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2012, 07:47:48 AM
I now officially hate mark zuckerberg.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mark-zuckerberg/9297450/Facebook-founder-Mark-Zuckerberg-left-no-tip-after-Rome-lunch.html
Way to kill those stereotypes Zuckster. If you really hate him, don't use facebook in any way. I hate facebook so much and I think it's just a way to give losers an outlet to feel less loserish. I liked what Bill Maher said about it: who cares if your ex got fat and you saw the pic.

Screw facebook and social media.

onan

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 29, 2012, 08:31:36 AM
Way to kill those stereotypes Zuckster. If you really hate him, don't use facebook in any way. I hate facebook so much and I think it's just a way to give losers an outlet to feel less loserish. I liked what Bill Maher said about it: who cares if your ex got fat and you saw the pic.

I agree FG. I guess there may be some value to a social network. I am hard pressed to see the it though.

I can see the value of a higher profile such as MV has requested. But to be completely candid I would be mortified for any of my friends to go to my facebook page. If others can see the wall of posts my family has posted you would see a level of white trash unknown to the likes of man.

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on May 29, 2012, 08:49:17 AM
I agree FG. I guess there may be some value to a social network. I am hard pressed to see the it though.

I can see the value of a higher profile such as MV has requested. But to be completely candid I would be mortified for any of my friends to go to my facebook page. If others can see the wall of posts my family has posted you would see a level of white trash unknown to the likes of man.
so glad to see you posting! in my family, it's a bragging tool.....

well i'm glad to see i'm not alone in being anti-facebook.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mark-zuckerberg/9297450/Facebook-founder-Mark-Zuckerberg-left-no-tip-after-Rome-lunch.html

I thought Rome was on Zuckerberg's friend list?

The photo phrase "Mark Zuckerberg's Receipt" is very funny to me.  Kind of like, "This Is Where The Bullet Struck The Wall" crime journalism.

None of my friends or worthy enemies would behave like this; many of whom are barely making ends meet.

There's no better time than now to utilize the classic Buzz Lightyear response. 

Because it is so overused, I try to save it for the perfect application:

You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.

Eddie Coyle

Reminds me of a joke involving canoes.

This kid is a spoiled douche...and a hero to a new generation of greedheads. This is the type of rotten skunk the American populace embraces. Makes me wish the Injuns had better firepower way back when.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 29, 2012, 10:07:15 AM
           Reminds me of a joke involving canoes.

This kid is a spoiled douche...and a hero to a new generation of greedheads. This is the type of rotten skunk the American populace embraces. Makes me wish the Injuns had better firepower way back when.
Makes me think that social network movie was dead on about what an ass Mark Zuckerberg is.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 29, 2012, 10:07:15 AM
Makes me wish the Injuns had better firepower way back when.

Run to the hills,
Run for your lives!

I often see interesting connections between forum comments and Iron Maiden's discography.

I don't know if the relevancy is "real" or if I am just a hopeless rivet head suffering from an Eddie-induced apophenia.

Perhaps the phrase "Eddie-induced" answers my question either way. . .

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

hey, onan and danDNA!!  missed seeing you guys around here.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 29, 2012, 08:31:36 AM

coincidentally, i dumped my facebook account 2 days before i read this article.  i hope the facebook stock price drops through the fucking floor (not necessarily due to MY departure, but, you get the point...).

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 29, 2012, 11:48:07 AM
Run to the hills,
Run for your lives!

I often see interesting connections between forum comments and Iron Maiden's discography.

I don't know if the relevancy is "real" or if I am just a hopeless rivet head suffering from an Eddie-induced apophenia.

Perhaps the phrase "Eddie-induced" answers my question either way. . .

Perhaps it's a form of "Deja Vu", track 7 on 1986's Somewhere in Time"...which leads us to another connection. Though Art's Somewhere in Time is named after the 1980 flick starring an ill-fated equestrian and a Bond Girl cum beauty product pusher.

Eddie Coyle

In my neighborhood(a housing project a few blocks away), two people were murdered Saturday night. This morning a "floater" was found right down the street from me in Boston Harbor. Cause of death unknown.

But just when I think about finally moving...this happens: About 30 miles west of my location it is currently 92 degrees with a tornado watch. Where I am...it's 64 degrees and sun burning off the fog. Yup, those sea breezes keep me in my concrete jungle.

ziznak

We had three murders in philly last night... my mom heard the gunshots from her house I really can't wait til she's all moved out of there.  I'd love to leave the city but there's so much I would miss ya know?? that smell of bum pee on the subway... the crackheads rummaging around in the gutters... it's all so romantic ya know?  Maybe mr Suckerberg didnt tip cause he's not getting enough sucky sucky like he was promised?  I'm loving the Maiden references ya'll... great band that I hold very dear.

analog kid

At least it isn't Florida, where naked people are eating other naked people.

Morgus

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2012, 12:31:49 PM
coincidentally, i dumped my facebook account 2 days before i read this article.  i hope the facebook stock price drops through the fucking floor (not necessarily due to MY departure, but, you get the point...).
Facebook dropped another nearly -10% today to another new low, under $29/share now.
And this was on a big stock market up day too.  :o

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2012, 12:31:49 PM

Good for you.  Terrible waste of time and energy.  It is designed for a 14 year old girl's maturity level.  Get off FB and go have a cold beer with a real friend.

ziznak

Quote from: analog kid on May 29, 2012, 02:47:26 PM
At least it isn't Florida, where naked people are eating other naked people.
That story was hilarious!!!  I'm anti FB and suspended my account about 9 months ago...  I don't mind sharing things about my life but I don't exactly want the cliff's notes edition out there online.

Zircon

I'm laughing my ass off about facebook. I hope that arrogant prick, "Fuckerburg", loses every penny. Spammers make up 40% of his participants. What a bunch of morons that bought into that site filled with moron users. Ha!Ha!

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: M. Knight on May 29, 2012, 02:58:17 PM

Good for you.  Terrible waste of time and energy.  It is designed for a 14 year old girl's maturity level.  Get off FB and go have a cold beer with a real friend.

Quote from: ziznak on May 29, 2012, 03:02:05 PM
I'm anti FB and suspended my account about 9 months ago...  I don't mind sharing things about my life but I don't exactly want the cliff's notes edition out there online.

I agree. I initially joined Fakebook about two years ago in order to coverse with friends who reside across the country and overseas. It was good, at first. Then numerous things happened which made me go sour on it, such as FB practically obliterating any "privacy" (oxymoron for the internet) applications; friends who seemed to only be able to communicate with me in one or two sentences, including computer abbreviations. If I sent them a lengthy private message on FB, or a lengthy email - no response. But if I posted a superficial one sentence blurb on their FB pages, then they would come back asap with an equally superficial response.

Plus, I was getting sick and tired of the "look at me!" attitude which seems to prevail on FB - dozens (and in some cases, literally hundreds of photos posted of themselves) and all of  their BS "who gives a shit news" focused on them. Indeed, the maturity level  seems to stagnate at 13 years old - with kids and adults alike. In my opinion, the vast majority of FB users are either complete narcissists or people with very low self esteem (658 "friends"). I deleted my account a few months later. Good riddance.

Frys Girl

When Zukerberg was on 60 minutes, Leslie Stahl asked him "why don't you just go public?" I think Zuckerass knew what a dumb product he offered and that the value was little to non-existent. The only way for them to continue profiting is by selling any and all information willing sheeple (Alex Jones!) willingly give up. I hope he and others go to jail. What a scam.

Frys Girl

By the way, Facebook is coming out with a mobile phone next year. Yea.

I joined fb two years ago to network with a publisher who turned out to be blow hole.

That initial list of friends was about 60, all authors connected to the publisher.

Deleted those friends when the writing on the wall was legible.

Connected with some whiners from the past.  Built up a small list. Began to delete that list, one by one, since they were "collecting" friends and I didn't want to be part of their trophy den. Who the fuck were these people? Made a couple of good contacts.

My friend list was down to 12 a month ago and it seemed time to shut it down completely.

Just before I got down to the dirty dozen, Friend 13 had the most problem with my removing her and had a hissy fit of such proportions, I could only respond with "Do you now see why you shouldn't be on my friend list?" She then "blocked me," saying that was her "final card." 

What a crazy koontz. (so to speak)

She's also the closest to me geographically. 

Cue "Play Misty For Me."

Interestingly, the final 12 of my self made coven, or knights at my round table, etc, understood completely why I decided to delete the account completely.

It's invasive.  It's glutting up the internet.  It's pointless.  Time stealing.  All the things being pointed out in this discussion. 

I would be a liar if I said I had no narcissitic aspects, but many of these entities on fb made me look like Mother Fucking Teresa.

It was always me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.  24/7

As Wild Card stated, meaningful communication was a rarity.

It's intriguing that so many members here are fed up. May Coastgab do its small part to grind facebook's bones into a fine powder.   

One more bitch.  I don't LIKE it when large companies and news networks tell me to connect with them on facebook. They should have their own website and forum, but they are too cheap to do so.

Many experts believe fb is invincible, basing their opinions on "trending."

But I say, The Black and White Common Sense Twins will finally do the deed in cyberspace with the Candlestick of Apathy and facebook will expire from a combination of blunt trauma and hypothermia.

The body will never be found.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 29, 2012, 04:22:30 PM
It's invasive.  It's glutting up the internet.  It's pointless.  Time stealing.  All the things being pointed out in this discussion. 

I would be a liar if I said I had no narcissitic aspects, but many of these entities on fb made me look like Mother Fucking Teresa.

We all have narcissistic tendencies, to be sure, but...Facebook...wowza.

Fuckbook is a classic case of "But enough about me! Let's talk about you. What do you think of me?"

Frys Girl

Please adopt Romeo! I wish I could take him into my home. Check out this channel for other dogs. Luz is another cutie. People are such assholes for dumping dogs. Just take them to a shelter or vet!

Unadoptables - Loyal Dog Romeo Looks for Loving Home