• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

WOTR

I have a question. Being as mandatory masking helps so much- how come the cases continue to rise where they put laws in?

Now, they tell me (and common sense dictates) that touching your face is not good during a pandemic. However, masks force me to touch my face probably a minimum of 50 times a day. Every time somebody comes into my office, I have to mask. Every time I leave it to talk with others, the mask goes on. Every time I get back to my office, sit in a truck (by myself) or walk outside the mask comes off.

Hell, it is probably closer to an additional 100 times each day that I'm touching my face. And this is their solution to "help" me NOT get it?*

*The above is hypothetical, and would apply IF I were not presently sheltering in place in my basement.

ItsOver

This certainly went well.

“Nurse passes out on live TV after taking vaccine”

https://youtu.be/Wrp4w0OQmAQ

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 03:28:44 AM
I have a question. Being as mandatory masking helps so much- how come the cases continue to rise where they put laws in?

Now, they tell me (and common sense dictates) that touching your face is not good during a pandemic. However, masks force me to touch my face probably a minimum of 50 times a day. Every time somebody comes into my office, I have to mask. Every time I leave it to talk with others, the mask goes on. Every time I get back to my office, sit in a truck (by myself) or walk outside the mask comes off.

Hell, it is probably closer to an additional 100 times each day that I'm touching my face. And this is their solution to "help" me NOT get it?*

*The above is hypothetical, and would apply IF I were not presently sheltering in place in my basement.

It would seem that you are not doing it correctly. You use the word "mask" implying you are using just one. Wrong.  You should be double masking - right after brushing your teeth in the morning they go on and they don't come off until you return home. After a quick meal, it is acceptable to just use a single mask back at the house.

An alternate approach is below which will stop you from touching your face.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 03:28:44 AM

It would have been far worse had they not put laws in.  Alternatively, people are not obeying the laws they put in and that is why cases continue to rise. There is also fatigue, where laws have been in place for some time and, though people may obey them, they do not do so with the same zeal as formerly.  After some time, people tend to rely on the mask as a talisman, which it was never intended to be, and go about in company hooting and gibbering loudly spraying coof juice everywhere among their friends and neighbors and the poor mask can hardly contain it, especially as it has been wadded up in their pocket for months and they have forgotten to wash it.  One ill-considered exclamation, or cough, or sneeze, into a crusty old biohazard mask thus pre-loaded with weeks of shed virii is very nearly as lethal as congregational singing!

In addition, some of us not blessed with movie-star noses look so hot in our masks that social distancing goes all to hell and a trip to the grocery store in a certain neighborhood resembles an obstacle course with grabbing hands, heaving sighs, and hot breath down our necks, all potentially loaded with coof of course.

Innerreach

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 03:28:44 AMI have a question. Being as mandatory masking helps so much- how come the cases continue to rise where they put laws in?

Because it's a lie and the virus is no worse than the flu.

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 18, 2020, 10:37:53 AM
In addition, some of us not blessed with movie-star noses look so hot in our masks that social distancing goes all to hell and a trip to the grocery store in a certain neighborhood resembles an obstacle course with grabbing hands, heaving sighs, and hot breath down our necks, all potentially loaded with coof of course.

Hot action down at the Piggly Wiggly, eh?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 18, 2020, 11:11:23 AM

Oh you know it!  Sashay a couple times up and down the baking aisle with a couple tubs of fruit & peel mix in your basket and everyone wants to know your recipe.

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 18, 2020, 11:11:23 AM

I thought with K_Dubb living in some upscale Palm Springs location, he’d be utilizing a delivery service from a gourmet grocer, who’d kindly leave the custom order at the door for contactless delivery.  Am I right, Doc?

K_Dubb

I do think it's funny how, depending on your perspective, you can look at the same data and reach wildly different conclusions.  Take the charts showing no dreaded post-Thanksgiving spike in cases:  one person might conclude all the dire warnings were ridiculously unnecessary while the people who issued them are satisfied that they worked.

The problem is that, even taking the numbers at face value, the scale of the pandemic is not that large.  Society is unlikely to notice an extra death per thousand people though, in aggregate, that represents a lot of mostly old folks who died a little before their time.

No poo for you by order of the Governor.

Gov. Cuomo bars diners from eatery bathrooms, causing panic

https://nypost.com/2020/12/18/gov-cuomo-bars-diners-from-eatery-bathrooms-causing-panic/

Dr. MD MD

It would have been far worse had they not put laws in.  Alternatively, people are not obeying the laws they put in and that is why cases continue to rise. There is also fatigue, where laws have been in place for some time and, though people may obey them, they do not do so with the same zeal as formerly.

Way to tow that party line, comrade! You sure love the state’s Koolaid!

P.S. You actually know people who had zeal for an medical fascism and an unconstitutional lockdown?  ???

Only these two come to mind for me:

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 01:31:30 PM

P.S. You actually know people who had zeal for an medical fascism and an unconstitutional lockdown?  ???

Only these two come to mind for me:

Not all of us are brave enough to go in the out door  :(

ps. the expression is usually rendered "to toe a line", the illustration being one of people lining up as in parade rank with their toes even with an imaginary, or possibly actual, line on the ground.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 18, 2020, 01:46:21 PM
Not all of us are brave enough to go in the out door  :(

ps. the expression is usually rendered "to toe a line", the illustration being one of people lining up as in parade rank with their toes even with an imaginary, or possibly actual, line on the ground.

I know that but in your case towing is appropriate because it’s such a heavy load of bullshit you’re carrying for them. I also know you are not brave. It would be brave of you to speak truth to power instead of cravenly repeating what they want you to say, like a good little boy.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 01:58:45 PM
I know that but in your case towing is appropriate because it’s such a heavy load of bullshit you’re carrying for them. I also know you are not brave. It would be brave of you to speak truth to power instead of cravenly repeating what they want you to say, like a good little boy.

Is that what you imagined it meant?  I was trying to figure it out, and the closest I could think of was an airplane towing a sign with a slogan on it, attached with a line of course.  I have heard of lines of bullshit ("that is just your usual line of bullshit") but why one would be towing it instead of, say, slinging it in a sack over one's shoulder (the proverbial "sack of shit") escapes me.  Do I have a pickup truck in your scenario, or am I yoked about the neck or tied by the waist?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 18, 2020, 02:08:00 PM
Is that what you imagined it meant?  I was trying to figure it out, and the closest I could think of was an airplane towing a sign with a slogan on it, attached with a line of course.  I have heard of lines of bullshit ("that is just your usual line of bullshit") but why one would be towing it instead of, say, slinging it in a sack over one's shoulder (the proverbial "sack of shit") escapes me.  Do I have a pickup truck in your scenario, or am I yoked about the neck or tied by the waist?

Yes, it takes imagination to write creatively and befuddle simpletons like you. I imagine leather straps around your waist and shoulders connected to a wooden cart heaped with a steaming hot pile of bullshit and a big sign on the sides that DNC Narratives. Hope that doesn’t confuse you too much again, dullard.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 02:14:21 PM
Yes, it takes imagination to write creatively and befuddle simpletons like you. I imagine leather straps around your waist and shoulders connected to a wooden cart heaped with a steaming hot pile of bullshit and a big sign on the sides that DNC Narratives. Hope that doesn’t confuse you too much again, dullard.

Thank you, that clears things up pretty well.  But if the cart and the bullshit are implied in the expression, viz. "towing a line [connected to a cart full of bullshit]", why do you not say "towing a pile", as you yourself explained?  Is the bullshit itself arranged in a line?  Damned inefficient if you ask me.  The stuff should be in a heap, or else why are we so busy shoveling it all the time?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 18, 2020, 02:23:20 PM
Thank you, that clears things up pretty well.  But if the cart and the bullshit are implied in the expression, viz. "towing a line [connected to a cart full of bullshit]", why do you not say "towing a pile", as you yourself explained?  Is the bullshit itself arranged in a line?  Damned inefficient if you ask me.  The stuff should be in a heap, or else why are we so busy shoveling it all the time?

I don’t know why you prefer to shovel bullshit instead of speak the truth. Perhaps you’re just a bad person. Or maybe you just love bullshit.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 02:28:07 PM
Perhaps you’re just a bad person. Or maybe you just love bullshit.

Well these may seem like fringe hypotheses, it's probably true that all of us here have been there at one time or another, so it's likely best that this bad person who loves bullshit brought it up again for our collective consideration.

Emphasis: collective.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 02:28:07 PM
I don’t know why you prefer to shovel bullshit instead of speak the truth. Perhaps you’re just a bad person. Or maybe you just love bullshit.

That is rich coming from the biggest horsefeather merchant on here.  How many krakens have we gone through, now?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 18, 2020, 07:29:33 PM
That is rich coming from the biggest horsefeather merchant on here.  How many krakens have we gone through, now?

You took all that time to come up with that?! ::)

P.S. Your mom’s a kraken.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 07:33:07 PM
You took all that time to come up with that?! ::)

P.S. Your mom’s a kraken.

I did!  I am particularly proud of "horsefeather merchant" and, since you have now started in on my poor mother, I see I found my mark.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2020, 01:31:30 PM

I believe the answer to the daily double jeopardy is "who is Josef Mengele?"  ;)

WOTR

It would have been far worse had they not put laws in. 

This is the point in the conversation where I request that you "show your work." Before you put too much effort into it, I believe that I can match study for study "proof" that they don't work. At this point, I would say that your claiming that "It would be far worse" is as credible as my claiming "masks contribute to..."

Alternatively, people are not obeying the laws they put in and that is why cases continue to rise. There is also fatigue, where laws have been in place for some time and, though people may obey them, they do not do so with the same zeal as formerly. 

Well, that is handy. If cases decrease- the masks work. If they increase, it is because while the majority of the population follows the law, there are a few people who ignore the laws. And in areas where masks and lockdowns have went on for months with no decrease to show, it is because of fatigue. I know. This is where you say "prove me wrong."

After some time, people tend to rely on the mask as a talisman, which it was never intended to be,
This was day one. I said to many people that when I would go through a store unmasked, other customers avoided me like the plague (haha!) But when I masked, they would bump against me and stand 6" from my face like a mask was magic... Oh, and even then I would put a mask on when I got to the till. The cashier has no choice in where they stand.

specially as it has been wadded up in their pocket for months and they have forgotten to wash it.  One ill-considered exclamation, or cough, or sneeze, into a crusty old biohazard mask thus pre-loaded with weeks of shed virii is very nearly as lethal as congregational singing!
This is exactly it. Why bother when you know that they are making it worse. I breath "moistly." That means that after 10 minutes in a mask, I have to remove a strap and wipe the moisture away from my face so that it does not start "flowing" down my chin. And then I brush that hand against a loaf of bread spreading Holiday Covid cheer to everybody. And I put my moist face diaper*** into the glove box for use next time. But at least I'm following the laws designed to spread this fucking virus to as many people as possible under the guise of "protecting" us.

***I'm going to start calling them "face diapers"

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on December 16, 2020, 07:06:34 PM
AKA, Bell’s Palsy.
Finally. Somebody attempting to bring this forum back on topic.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 18, 2020, 08:51:20 AM
It would seem that you are not doing it correctly. You use the word "mask" implying you are using just one. Wrong.  You should be double masking - right after brushing your teeth in the morning they go on and they don't come off until you return home. After a quick meal, it is acceptable to just use a single mask back at the house.

Thank-you. This is exactly the kind of information that is required for Bellgabbers to avoid this pandemic. None of K_Dubbs apologist BS. Just the facts with practical advice.  ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2020, 08:06:35 PM
This is the point in the conversation where I request that you "show your work." Before you put too much effort into it, I believe that I can match study for study "proof" that they don't work. At this point, I would say that your claiming that "It would be far worse" is as credible as my claiming "masks contribute to..."

Yeah I am being facetious if you can't tell.  I don't think there is any good science or ever will be; there are too may variables.  It's just a cultural divide between half the population that views it as a minor inconvenience that might help and the other half squalling like toddlers with a booboo at the imposition.  I'm just glad people can't see my ugly mug.

I just think that, of all the things to bitch about, the mask thing is stupid.  Had you told me last year we'd see governors dictating what businesses can open I would have said hell no the chambers of commerce will riot but, no, people get more worked up over their dumb masks.