• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 09:17:36 PM
If you are going to fly, make sure you wear a damn mask!

This needs to be a thing. Can you imagine? Like some years ago at the Cotton Bowl pedobear appeared when Penn State was playing. But on a more major scale. What would TSA minions say confronted with a mass of masked travelers wearing Big Jim's image?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 09:23:20 PM
Feeling a little amorous Albrecht?  That someone special will definitely get your motor running so to speak!

No, Nein, Nyet, Nei, Nee. This goes a bridge too far. Let's stick with tshirts, billboards, and masks.

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 09:26:21 PM
This needs to be a thing. Can you imagine? Like some years ago at the Cotton Bowl pedobear appeared when Penn State was playing. But on a more major scale. What would TSA minions say confronted with a mass of masked travelers wearing Big Jim's image?

For $18 it's tempting ain't it?  Just for the shock value............

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 09:29:32 PM
No, Nein, Nyet, Nei, Nee. This goes a bridge too far. Let's stick with tshirts, billboards, and masks.

I feel something special could be done with a VM Beetle.

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 09:29:32 PM

What if the lips could move?  Would that help?  It could talk to you about Michelle Obama.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 09:30:59 PM
For $18 it's tempting ain't it?  Just for the shock value............
I was given a "Make St Patrick's Day Great Again" bright green tshirt at a White Elephant years ago with the image of Trump shoving a beer out in an almost 3D fashion. Assuming we still need to be masked I think the shirt would accompany that mask in a great style. The shirt itself has caused issues. People don't figure (neither do I) if it is pro-Trump, satire, pro-StPats, anti-Trump, or what. I mainly get downcast eyes or distancing (this was even before virus) or too much enthusiastic, drunken comments/hugs from drunken dudes- in which case I'm the one distancing. Black women tend an interesting "thats what I figure about white people" look. But bemused. I pull (too bad I can't sue and make $$$) a Catholic HS smirk when an artificial bright colored hair dyke confronts with a stare. This is Austin. Nobody though can precisely figure out what it means, so no fights or real issues. At once a year, take a stand, for something unsure what.

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2020, 03:31:09 PM
The N95 masks are supposed to do, of course, only around 95% filtering.  Maybe that 5% is good enough to “inoculate” you.  I’m sure the CDC, Fauci, The Scarf Queen, and other assorted bureaucrats won’t know.
To be fair, a N-95 is supposed to block 95% of particles larger than .3 microns. Being as the virus is roughly .12 microns, it is pretty much useless against individual particles. It would work like the cloth masks in trying to block the virus if it were in a "glob." Granted, it would block more "globs" than a standard material mask... But it is not really 95% efficient against Covid...

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2020, 05:52:13 AM
Oh come on.  Go for it.  Do it for the flock.  Maybe you’ll get us one step closer to herd immunity.  Plus, you’ll keep your immune system in fighting shape for other evil Coronas, if Corona Chan doesn’t take you out.
How about if I do it for my peace of mind? I'm watching people still living in outright panic and I'm laughing. People who are 30 consider themselves "high risk" because they have diabetes, or high blood pressure, or are obese, or have a lazy left eye. It's insane to be so terrified of a virus.

Yup, I may die if I get it. But I also scarf down an occasional pizza, drive too fast on the freeway, and go kayaking where a branch "could" snag me and drown me. In short, I take calculated risks to live my life.

This fear (and new found love of material over your mouth) is absolutely insane. Don't get me wrong. If I were in a nursing home, I would check myself out, go to the nearest motel, and lock myself in a room for the remainder of Covid.*

And yes, I believe there is ample proof that exposure to virus's, bacteria and other nasty organisms produce a far more robust immune system that sheltering yourself in fear year after year.

*As it stands, I need only go down one set of stairs to lock myself in my basement until it is over...

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 07:34:57 AM
One interesting theory to explain the surprisingly high proportion of people who test positive for antibodies but never got sick -- somewhere around 40% -- is that exposure to a low dose of viruses, such as through an imperfectly sealed mask and as emitted by a sick person wearing another imperfectly sealed mask, lets you fight it off without noticing while a full-on snort of pure unfiltered air might overwhelm the immune system and make you sick.  Which kind of makes sense.  So we should wear masks forever, and not the medical-grade ones.  Those humble offerings of cat-lady quilters may be the superior product.

I have also argued that in the past. Not the mask thing. More like walking through a "cloud" of virus from the guy 10 feet ahead of you. Unmasked, he is going to mildly infect many more people and get us to heard immunity much faster.

My argument actually came around the time that a number of younger health care workers in old age homes with a ton of infected / dead patients started dropping dead themselves. Not very scientific- but it certainly appears to show that poison is in the dose.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on August 21, 2020, 10:15:10 PM
To be fair, a N-95 is supposed to block 95% of particles larger than .3 microns. Being as the virus is roughly .12 microns, it is pretty much useless against individual particles. It would work like the cloth masks in trying to block the virus if it were in a "glob." Granted, it would block more "globs" than a standard material mask... But it is not really 95% efficient against Covid...
How about if I do it for my peace of mind? I'm watching people still living in outright panic and I'm laughing. People who are 30 consider themselves "high risk" because they have diabetes, or high blood pressure, or are obese, or have a lazy left eye. It's insane to be so terrified of a virus.

Yup, I may die if I get it. But I also scarf down an occasional pizza, drive too fast on the freeway, and go kayaking where a branch "could" snag me and drown me. In short, I take calculated risks to live my life.

This fear (and new found love of material over your mouth) is absolutely insane. Don't get me wrong. If I were in a nursing home, I would check myself out, go to the nearest motel, and lock myself in a room for the remainder of Covid.*

And yes, I believe there is ample proof that exposure to virus's, bacteria and other nasty organisms produce a far more robust immune system that sheltering yourself in fear year after year.

*As it stands, I need only go down one set of stairs to lock myself in my basement until it is over...
I’ve read tests and reports that indicate viruses usually transmit as moist collections in respiration, not as smaller singular entities.  And, of course, you can find studies, reports, etc., especially on the internet that take a completely opposite position.  Pretty much like anything else.  However, you’ll find a lot of the medical community preferring N95s, as opposed to cat-lady masks. 

If you want to start a thread on masks and Corona Chan, have at it. Man-made climate change anyone?  I’ll sick to something more productive, like George Noory sucks. ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 09:23:20 PM
Feeling a little amorous Albrecht?  That someone special will definitely get your motor running so to speak!

I know my loins are stirring even now.

albrecht

Strange episode. #211. At local big box behemoth there were two young Mexicans in a car. Windows rolled up. High 90s. A concerned older white women called cops. A small crowd gathered. It was mentioned by another white woman "that car doesn't even have seatbelts." Both Mexican kids were unmasked and the car was filled with junk and bags. An obese Mexican man runs over and in a pigeon dialect explains that "he was only inside for a few moments." Meanwhile the person who called the police put on speakerphone, and they said "they are too busy to deal with that." Another "Karen" asked the guy for his ID- "are these your kids?" "How can you lock them in?" and so on. He said, again in a pantomime way that he "forgot his wallet." (Like many an illegal I think he likely knew more English than he let on but convenient to 'no comprendhe.') Got into car and took off. License plate apparently was recorded and given to the police over the phone who, being defunded and sanctuary city, could not be bothered to respond.

Now concerns on FB and neighborhood app is what if the kids were trafficked, kidnapped, etc. I'm guessing the guy was just the usual illegal and temps in the 90s are not that big a deal for a Mexican kids, in his thinking. The eldest was approximately 8 and so could roll down the window if he desired (yes, the vehicle had actual knobs to roll down window, no electronics there apparently.) Accounts say that all were masked, except for the trapped children. As I mention before the mask rules are a good opportunity for criminals so IF, and I doubt, he was a trafficker the mask was a good option because the photos/vids taken by "Karens" would not id him as easily.

I heard this episode from a neighbor and message group and so details might be incorrect. Also pure speculation- from experience- from me in some places.   

whoozit

I miss the days when everyone minded their own business.

WOTR

Quote from: whoozit on August 22, 2020, 06:39:39 PM
I miss the days when everyone minded their own business.

What decade was that?  ;)

Asuka Langley

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2020, 05:23:01 PM
could roll down the window if he desired (yes, the vehicle had actual knobs to roll down window, no electronics there apparently.)

Roll down windows are best windows and it's a royal pain in the ass and crazy expensive to convert electric to crank on a T4R, lucky fucking mexicans.

albrecht

So Sato won the Indy 500 again. Good for him. His name always reminds me of some Oriental master villain from a pulp novel or old serial film. So I was sort of rooting for him. And it was fun to the maskings- or not. He was unmasked after win. You had the bloated, sunburnt white guy on team who had the nose out mask style but then pulled it all under chin so he could get on camera or just breath. You had reporters and handlers being masked. A big, bearded man with mask. I'm not sure if sunglasses help block Corona-Chan, certainly couldn't hurt I guess but likely not as effective as full googles or face shield but some were wearing them also. But there were hugs (not social distancing) after the race also. Is the milk pasteurized or raw? Now Sato is putting on a mask but took it off quickly for pictures. Now mask on for more photos as Danica (unmasked) talks about the importance of fans in Japan, which black presenter called "the land of the rising sun" (he was also unmasked) but they are distanced.

pate

Quote from: albrecht on August 23, 2020, 03:57:34 PM
... name always reminds me of some Oriental master villain from a pulp novel or old serial film...

This unconfirmed HuMint needs further research:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIwsqFjfKPs

Somewhat confirm, continuing investigation...

albrecht

Quote from: pate on August 23, 2020, 04:23:09 PM

This unconfirmed HuMint needs further research:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIwsqFjfKPs

Somewhat confirm, continuing investigation...
They were good guys though.

Taaroa

This is week 3 of a 6 week 'hard lockdown' (plus 3 weeks before that of a softer lockdown) where you're not allowed to travel more than 5km from home, can only exercise for an hour a day, are required to wear masks whenever you leave home (which is being enforced by the police), most shops are closed and food outlets are takeaway only, only one person can do shopping at a time, state and international borders are effectively closed to everyone, and there's a curfew between 8pm and 5am.

As if that alone wasn't bad enough, the drinking water for a large area (ie 88 suburbs) was contaminated because of storms last night.

Jackstar

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/haunting-photos-san-franciscos-desolate-financial-district-during-morning-rush

Nothing can stop what is coming.
NOTHING.

Quote from: Taaroa on August 27, 2020, 11:30:41 PM
required to wear masks whenever you leave home (which is being enforced by the police)

[attachment=1]

Not even me, Kids. Not even with all the mustard in the world.

pate

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

QuoteFor 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

I think that puts deaths due solely to the 5G Activated Corona-19.5 virus at around 10k.  At around 6million reported cases and 182k*6%=10.9k (deaths due soley to Corona19.5) ->  10.9k/6million = 0.186% chance of dying for an otherwise healthy person.

Yep, we better extend this thing another five years, just to be safe...

Stoo-pid.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on August 31, 2020, 01:39:45 AM
Stoo-pid.

Word on the street is 20 millions dead in central China before the nanotech response disabled the bioweapon. That's 20,000,000 in a month or so.

Imagine now, that really happened. Not a guess, not a theory, imagine reality if that actually is what went down. Those morons in power--recognize that Nancy Pelosi is fucking third in command and she's an actual Mongoloid actual retard--would freak the fuck out. And, they have! "Masks! Maaaaaasks!" You know why? So they can fucking walk down the fucking streets without getting picked up by facial recognition and getting fucking black bagged to Diego Garcia. Masks don't do shit except block HKs from scooping up known pedovores, I know it, you know it, the American people know it, fucking dogs know it, so why is it getting done? Oh. Right. They're hiding their faces and if everyone didn't, that wouldn't work out well huh? I know, right, it's such a sad story. Hang on, I'm about to shed a tear, let me let it fucking form a chrysalis for you.

You posted smarter before I doxxed you. Did they cut the IV drip at that point? I'm sorry, mang. I'll see what I can do to get you another at-bat.