• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

pate

Quote from: WOTR on August 21, 2020, 03:19:53 AM
It just keeps getting better and better. Now the governor of Main has decided that servers should resemble dogs after they are neutered. Apparently, it is to force the breath up instead of down." I would bet it is "based on science."

Heh, that is a good one, Coach!

-p

whoozit

It just keeps getting better and better. Now the governor of Main has decided that servers should resemble dogs after they are neutered. Apparently, it is to force the breath up instead of down." I would bet it is "based on science."

Wouldn’t that just increase the downwind fallout?

Dr. MD MD

Waitress, heel! Heel, waitress! Good girl!!

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 07:34:57 AM
One interesting theory to explain the surprisingly high proportion of people who test positive for antibodies but never got sick -- somewhere around 40% -- is that exposure to a low dose of viruses, such as through an imperfectly sealed mask and as emitted by a sick person wearing another imperfectly sealed mask, lets you fight it off without noticing while a full-on snort of pure unfiltered air might overwhelm the immune system and make you sick.  Which kind of makes sense.  So we should wear masks forever, and not the medical-grade ones.  Those humble offerings of cat-lady quilters may be the superior product.
The N95 masks are supposed to do, of course, only around 95% filtering.  Maybe that 5% is good enough to “inoculate” you.  I’m sure the CDC, Fauci, The Scarf Queen, and other assorted bureaucrats won’t know.

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2020, 03:31:09 PM
The N95 masks are supposed to do, of course, only around 95% filtering.  Maybe that 5% is good enough to “inoculate” you.  I’m sure the CDC, Fauci, The Scarf Queen, and other assorted bureaucrats won’t know.

Just wear your damn mask.  Just like the Big Man!

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2020, 03:31:09 PM

One interesting question is whether measured small doses of the live virus would be faster to produce than the vaccine and achieve similar results.  Can you imagine the hue and cry?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 04:01:25 PM

Hehehe he needs three times the yardage!

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 04:07:54 PM
Hehehe he needs three times the yardage!
Thats a normal mask on a huge swollen gob.

K_Dubb

Quote from: whoozit on August 21, 2020, 04:08:56 PM
Thats a normal mask on a huge swollen gob.

Can you imagine how much material it would take to properly construct one?  I am sure I have shorts with less.  He needs like a chin sling that maybe ties on top of his head with a cute liddol bow.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 04:07:07 PM
One interesting question is whether measured small doses of the live virus would be faster to produce than the vaccine and achieve similar results.  Can you imagine the hue and cry?
The masking rules in a strange way does bring to mind the ancient British legal tradition of 'hue and cry.' We see instant justice on both sides of the masking. Sometimes physical force, sometimes via photography and posting, and sometimes both.

I was delighted to see a few moments ago the 'happy medium' of a group of 1/2 maskers, the types that decide the nose shall not be covered but mouth will. Apparently from the same family and so the 1/2 mask practice is either by nature or nurture or like many things some combination of both.

I also saw a masked women, I assume a teacher because she had a "TEACHER" shirt on but with a baby without mask. In a line. With Hispanics (2 masked adult women, 1 masked grandmother who was complaining about her feet, 1 unmasked teen who was hitting on cashier who 'hadn't seen him in a while' and castigated him for dropping out of school, they also had a 1/2 masked kid running around- no distancing, and an unmasked kid playing on his phone.)

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 04:12:49 PM
Can you imagine how much material it would take to properly construct one?  I am sure I have shorts with less.  He needs like a chin sling that maybe ties on top of his head with a cute liddol bow.
Falkie is a human passenger door mirror.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 04:16:33 PM
The masking rules in a strange way does bring to mind the ancient British legal tradition of 'hue and cry.' We see instant justice on both sides of the masking. Sometimes physical force, sometimes via photography and posting, and sometimes both.

I was delighted to see a few moments ago the 'happy medium' of a group of 1/2 maskers, the types that decide the nose shall not be covered but mouth will. Apparently from the same family and so the 1/2 mask practice is either by nature or nurture or like many things some combination of both.

I also saw a masked women, I assume a teacher because she had a "TEACHER" shirt on but with a baby without mask. In a line. With Hispanics (2 masked adult women, 1 masked grandmother who was complaining about her feet, 1 unmasked teen who was hitting on cashier who 'hadn't seen him in a while' and castigated him for dropping out of school, they also had a 1/2 masked kid running around- no distancing, and an unmasked kid playing on his phone.)

Ha yeah some people's noses won't stay in, either too flat so it slides off or giant beaks that will not be restrained. 

Dr. MD MD

At least we know she won’t be biting at her backside during working hours.

K_Dubb

Quote from: whoozit on August 21, 2020, 04:20:55 PM
Falkie is a human passenger door mirror.

Even the strap is struggling mightily with his ears since the distance between them is somehow longer than a normal person!  Does your head actually swell with fat?

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 04:07:07 PM
We’ll most likely never know, since there’s no big money for big pharma in it.  Be safe, PPE up, and party!

Dr. MD MD

New Batman villain? ???

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 21, 2020, 04:38:17 PM
New Batman villain? ???
Heh, heh... instead of The Joker, we have The Jock Strap.

albrecht

Mein Gott. That is approaching a Big Jim Fetzer neck situation. Tell him to put some iodine on his pizza or snacks and lots of it. (I'm not a doctor and will only play on on BG, this advice is not to be construed as medical advice or an attempt to solve any medical issue. Please consult your physician for actual medical advice.)

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 04:47:08 PM
Mein Gott. That is approaching a Big Jim Fetzer neck situation. Tell him to put some iodine on his pizza or snacks and lots of it. (I'm not a doctor and will only play on on BG, this advice is not to be construed as medical advice or an attempt to solve any medical issue. Please consult your physician for actual medical advice.)

My mom is always buying Hawaiian red salt or Himilayan pink salt or some such nonsense and I tell her they put iodine in there for a reason, plus a lot of online recipes will specify sea salt (and free-range eggs and organic butter of course) for no good reason since it will be dissolved in.  I am sure there are whole neighborhoods where the blue Morton's container is nowhere to be found.  We will see an epidemic of goiters in this generation if we're not careful.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 04:55:38 PM
My mom is always buying Hawaiian red salt or Himilayan pink salt or some such nonsense and I tell her they put iodine in there for a reason, plus a lot of online recipes will specify sea salt (and free-range eggs and organic butter of course) for no good reason since it will be dissolved in.  I am sure there are whole neighborhoods where the blue Morton's container is nowhere to be found.  We will see an epidemic of goiters in this generation if we're not careful.
Yes, it is fascinating, albeit a bit perverse, to watch a society deconstruct from its own successes. Like Norry has these Docs who insist that everyone is gluten intolerant so we will likely see B3 deficiency issues. And the whole 'sea' -or even more exotic salt- without the iodine but at much higher cost. This is not to say that some exotic salt doesn't look cool or even taste good. Or the clusters in rich neighborhoods because no vaccines for kids (I don't want a vaccine debate suffice it to say that there is not single answer and all nuances are lost in vaccine 'debates' anyway because for some reason it is an either/or situation, ignoring the different diseases, an individual's situation, cost/benefit analysis, and different types of vaccines....) Exhortations about 'food deserts' and starving kids in a land of the obese. 

I like eggs and there is better taste from chickens who eat a varied diet and from different breeds. I could imagine even some slight healthier benefit from them. But if I'm buying eggs at the grocery store I'm not going to pay $ for free range and other marketing gimmicks. Especially since Doc Wallet says I should eat 24 eggs a day or something.  ;)

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2020, 04:55:38 PM
We will see an epidemic of goiters in this generation if we're not careful.

Yippeee!  Fetzer's time is coming!

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 05:34:05 PM
Yippeee!  Fetzer's time is coming!

It is like that fake head in Total Recall or some kind of weird photoshop- but it is real! And it gets weirder and weirder when one looks at it. Like a little face superimposed onto a larger head? Some kind of parasitic twin attempting escape? A crazy photo which is hard to describe.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 06:17:39 PM
It is like that fake head in Total Recall or some kind of weird photoshop- but it is real! And it gets weirder and weirder when one looks at it. Like a little face superimposed onto a larger head? Some kind of parasitic twin attempting escape? A crazy photo which is hard to describe.

Two weeks!

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 21, 2020, 06:20:40 PM
Two weeks!

Dick couldn't write a situation that approaches the weirdness of Big Jim and in particular that photo. That photo should be made into a tshirt and billboard. Without any explanation. Just his visage. It could throw a wrench, or spanner as the Brits say, into the works. The speculation. The WTF. The car accidents from attention diversion.  It is a thing, not of beauty but still, somehow, captivating in the weirdness. Like a Mandelbrot sequence.

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 09:04:31 PM
Dick couldn't write a situation that approaches the weirdness of Big Jim and in particular that photo. That photo should be made into a tshirt and billboard. Without any explanation. Just his visage. It could throw a wrench, or spanner as the Brits say, into the works. The speculation. The WTF. The car accidents from attention diversion.  It is a thing, not of beauty but still, somehow, captivating in the weirdness. Like a Mandelbrot sequence.

Alaska Air don't have a hair on their ass if they don't put Fetz on their vertical stabilizers. 

Have you dreamt of this man?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 21, 2020, 09:09:48 PM
Alaska Air don't have a hair on their ass if they don't put Fetz on their vertical stabilizers. 

Luckily Hamms cleans off a keyboard somewhat easily. 

AA should do that. Can you imagine the radio chatter on approach!? Other airlines taking a gander at his image and demanding the co-pilot to take over because he is seeing things. Stewardesses dropping hot coffee in the laps of drunken businessmen as she adjusted the window shade and saw the image.....

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2020, 09:15:15 PM
Luckily Hamms cleans off a keyboard somewhat easily. 

AA should do that. Can you imagine the radio chatter on approach!? Other airlines taking a gander at his image and demanding the co-pilot to take over because he is seeing things. Stewardesses dropping hot coffee in the laps of drunken businessmen as she adjusted the window shade and saw the image.....

If you are going to fly, make sure you wear a damn mask!

Feeling a little amorous Albrecht?  That someone special will definitely get your motor running so to speak!