• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

pate

Clearly under Communism there can be no profiteering.  Now if the corrupt guy running The People's Distribution Warehouse sells everything except the beets and potatoes to black marketeers under an "alternative" distribution scheme, well that never happens under "true" communism so it doesn't count.

-p

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on April 02, 2020, 09:02:30 PM
Never has been in the past. Who is going to target "them". Who, exactly, are they going to target? Upper management will collect their big bonus cheques on the extreme profit, buy another yacht and be happily sailing the Caribbean islands next year when 3M (the corporation) has to pay a paltry $5 million dollar fine for the profitable decision that they made over the last few weeks.

And then the federal government will give one of their subsidiaries a contract to help in "emergency preparedness" with a net profit of $20 million to help offset the $5 million fine. The swamp is still plenty deep.

You simply are not jaded or cynical enough (yet.)  ;)

I disagree. Only for sanity. I will continue to think a reckoning is going to happen.

Catsmile

I see capitalism in action, like every day. Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing will sell products to anyone who wants to purchase their products. Nationality doesn't matter, only green matters, like any company in the free market. What does a national emergency have to do with free trade during a pandemic in this case?

You've only shown a narrative of a company selling a product to a private buyer that you don't approve of, at an undisclosed price that you also don't like.

Therefore you've decreed it as profiteering, without any other proof. The burden of proof is on you. What is it that you don't understand about your belief not being proof of anything, much less profiteering?

Where is the line drawn between what the market will bear, verses profiteering? Where is your proof? How you feel at any given moment, is not a valid answer under capitalism, sorry.

Capitalism and the free market doesn't care how anyone feels. Companies only care about increased quarterly profits for its shareholders. Capitalist who don't seem to know how capitalism works. I won't wait. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Catsmile on April 02, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
I see capitalism in action, like every day. Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing will sell products to anyone who wants to purchase their products. Nationality doesn't matter, only green matters, like any company in the free market. What does a national emergency have to do with free trade during a pandemic in this case?

You've only shown a narrative of a company selling a product to a private buyer that you don't approve of, at an undisclosed price that you also don't like.

Therefore you've decreed it as profiteering, without any other proof. The burden of proof is on you. What is it that you don't understand about your belief not being proof of anything, much less profiteering?

Where is the line drawn between what the market will bear, verses profiteering? Where is your proof? How you feel at any given moment, is not a valid answer under capitalism, sorry.

Capitalism and the free market doesn't care how anyone feels. Companies only care about increased quarterly profits for its shareholders. Capitalist who don't seem to know how capitalism works. I won't wait.

Therefore, communism?

WOTR

Quote from: Catsmile on April 02, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
I see capitalism in action, like every day.
There was a time that it worked (better). You had Henry Ford deciding to pay his workers enough that they could afford the products they were making. Through the 60's I think things were somewhat functional. And then Banks, industry and government all got into bed together and you had unlimited greed backed by a fiat currency to be manipulated and fucked with. You had corporations declared as people, and things got worse.

I don't think that you will find many people on either side saying that it has been working well for the last few decades. I enjoy watching both sides lose their mind demanding change. At this point, sometimes it appears to be change for change sake. Everybody knows that the system is broken- so doing something- anything seems to be the order of the day.

You may not like Trump, you may not like what he is doing, or how he is doing it. But the people who voted for him voted for change because they recognized the system is broken and that there is a swamp. The people who voted for Obama thought the same thing (hope and change and all of those nice slogans.) Those who were backing Bernie wanted change as well...

And yet here we are. Trillions more to the banks and wallstreet to prepare them better for what is going to be a major recession or even depression. Financial backing to the mortgage holders with crumbs given to those who owe the mortgages.

So, what is your solution to this? Ban capitalism? Tax the fuckers until they are bankrupt or move even more off shore? Follow Trumps lead trying to force industry back to America? Nationalize all of the big companies?

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on April 03, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
There was a time that it worked (better). You had Henry Ford deciding to pay his workers enough that they could afford the products they were making. Through the 60's I think things were somewhat functional. And then Banks, industry and government all got into bed together and you had unlimited greed backed by a fiat currency to be manipulated and fucked with. You had corporations declared as people, and things got worse.

I don't think that you will find many people on either side saying that it has been working well for the last few decades. I enjoy watching both sides lose their mind demanding change. At this point, sometimes it appears to be change for change sake. Everybody knows that the system is broken- so doing something- anything seems to be the order of the day.

You may not like Trump, you may not like what he is doing, or how he is doing it. But the people who voted for him voted for change because they recognized the system is broken and that there is a swamp. The people who voted for Obama thought the same thing (hope and change and all of those nice slogans.) Those who were backing Bernie wanted change as well...

And yet here we are. Trillions more to the banks and wallstreet to prepare them better for what is going to be a major recession or even depression. Financial backing to the mortgage holders with crumbs given to those who owe the mortgages.

So, what is your solution to this? Ban capitalism? Tax the fuckers until they are bankrupt or move even more off shore? Follow Trumps lead trying to force industry back to America? Nationalize all of the big companies?

Annex Canada. We will get free healthcare and all the maple syrup we could ever want. Eh?

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2020, 02:50:25 AM
Annex Canada. We will get free healthcare and all the maple syrup we could ever want. Eh?

You and I both know that there is no such thing as "free" healthcare. Besides, you already have Obamacare...

Now onto the more important questions... I already have my 9mm and .45. But I have decided that I kind of want to pick up a .22 for the hell of it. 3 options right now.

1. Browning Buck mark22LR- $400
2. Ruger Mark III. Upgraded sights, trigger and magazine ejector - $500
3. Ruger single 6 with .22lr and .22mag chamber - $500.

I've never owned (or even shot) a revolver before and have kind of thought that one would be fun. the two cylinders seems like a nice option. On the other hand, I kind of like the Ruger, and the upgrades are a nice touch on a cheap gun. I doubt I will use it a ton- so the $400 Browning seems like a good price- and I think Browning probably made a pretty good piece... I promise not to use it to shoot the infected hoards and to stick to a shotgun for such duties...  ;)

Hog

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2020, 02:50:25 AM
Fuck that Gravity.  The only way you'll get MY Maple Syrup is to pry it from my cold dead hands.

You want some free healthcare?  I gotta 12 "French" urinary catheter with your name on it, lubed or dry?  I suggest lubed.

Take care

peace
Hog

pate

Quote from: WOTR on April 03, 2020, 03:06:50 AM
You and I both know that there is no such thing as "free" healthcare. Besides, you already have Obamacare...

Now onto the more important questions... I already have my 9mm and .45. But I have decided that I kind of want to pick up a .22 for the hell of it. 3 options right now.

I've never owned (or even shot) a revolver before and have kind of thought that one would be fun. the two cylinders seems like a nice option. On the other hand, I kind of like the Ruger, and the upgrades are a nice touch on a cheap gun. I doubt I will use it a ton- so the $400 Browning seems like a good price- and I think Browning probably made a pretty good piece... I promise not to use it to shoot the infected hoards and to stick to a shotgun for such duties...  ;)

A .22 revolver?  That's no fun for a "plinker."   Get a semi-auto .22 pistol, much more fun.  Unless you enjoy reloading.

Are .22 rounds still outrageously expensive?  Last time I looked the price on a brick of those was pretty high for .22 rounds.

Used to be cheap...  thanks, Obama!

-p

Krauts are all spun up saying the United States "intercepted" a shipment of supplies made in China and diverted it to 'Murica.   No details whatsoever. 
Makes the imagination work a bit.  F-22's intercepting a DHL cargo Airbus and forcing it to land at some dusty airstrip in some remote "stan" country?
Navy destroyer sailors crawling up the side of a Euro container ship with Ka-Bar's in their teeth?   Or perhaps some sort of Jesse James deal inside the
Fatherland itself - Army cavalry men on horseback robbing a freight train and taking the precious booty back to a NATO base?

USA intercept Berlin order for protective masks   Large delivery from China does not arrive
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/coronavirus-in-berlin-usa-fangen-berliner-bestellung-fuer-schutzmasken-ab/25655678.html

pate

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 03, 2020, 07:10:57 AM
Krauts are all spun up saying the United States "intercepted" a shipment of supplies made in China and diverted it to 'Murica.   No details whatsoever. 
Makes the imagination work a bit.  F-22's intercepting a DHL cargo Airbus and forcing it to land at some dusty airstrip in some remote "stan" country?
Navy destroyer sailors crawling up the side of a Euro container ship with Ka-Bar's in their teeth?   Or perhaps some sort of Jesse James deal inside the
Fatherland itself - Army cavalry men on horseback robbing a freight train and taking the precious booty back to a NATO base?

USA intercept Berlin order for protective masks   Large delivery from China does not arrive
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/coronavirus-in-berlin-usa-fangen-berliner-bestellung-fuer-schutzmasken-ab/25655678.html

You left out the Marines;  amphibious assault on the seaside mask factory?

-p

Quote from: pate on April 03, 2020, 07:16:16 AM
You left out the Marines;  amphibious assault on the seaside mask factory?

-p

Of course!   Foolish of me.  The Paladin would have enjoyed that kind of Op immensely I bet.   

DynamoHum

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 03, 2020, 07:10:57 AM

They gazumped them.

Quote from: DynamoHum on April 03, 2020, 07:31:36 AM
They gazumped them.

Well thats a bit of a let down.  Just some dweeb with fast fingers down in the bidding pit.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 03, 2020, 07:41:54 AM
Well whats a bit of a let down.  Just some dweeb with fast fingers down in the bidding pit.

Armed raids on PPE carrying transports would make good reality TV.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 03, 2020, 02:41:33 AM

This is where you’ll be waiting a long time. I’ve pushed him/her for their solutions to the problems they often bring up and was told that I’m a very bad man who treats people very meanly here. :-\

All the stats.  All the facts.  On your mobility. 

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 03, 2020, 08:25:28 AM
All the stats.  All the facts.  On your mobility. 

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

Stats? Fact? Google?! Call me skeptical.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 03, 2020, 08:26:49 AM
Stats? Fact? Google?! Call me skeptical.

I'm sorry sir but those are the figures.  You Nye County bastards are still going to the grocery store too much.  Only down 15%.  Big Brother wants that at -45% at least.
Do better!

whoozit

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 03, 2020, 08:32:45 AM
I'm sorry sir but those are the figures.  You Nye County bastards are still going to the grocery store too much.  Only down 15%.  Big Brother wants that at -45% at least.
Do better!
That is sobering and fucking frightening.

GravitySucks

It will be free to us.  You hosers will be paying for it. Call it Reparations for the Great Pig War and for never telling us we built Fort Montgomery on the wrong side of the border. 

I can’t advise you about weapons purchases due to ITAR and the odds of being charged with consorting with the enemy should you, KSM and Hog decide to resist the aforementioned annexation. 

I have 4 different.22 handguns.  3 have the extra cylinders. 1 is a Ruger Stainless Target pistol.  All are at least 20 years old.  The springs in the magazines of the target pistol are getting sketchy but it is by far the most fun to shoot when it feeds correctly.

My revolvers are all lesser known brands.  Two cowboy single action revolvers that I carry around the woods with snake shot in the cylinders while logging and a tiny 5 shot pocket revolver that is more like a zip gun than a revolver. It’s a blast to shoot with Aquila Colibri rounds but really scary with 22 magnums that would actually do some damage.  It’s so small it doesn’t even have a trigger guard.

I had been thinking of getting a more standard 22 pistol to use for practicing sight alignment and trigger control when teaching others but haven’t given it a lot of thought.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Hog on April 03, 2020, 05:39:21 AM
Fuck that Gravity.  The only way you'll get MY Maple Syrup is to pry it from my cold dead hands.

You want some free healthcare?  I gotta 12 "French" urinary catheter with your name on it, lubed or dry?  I suggest lubed.

Take care

peace
Hog

Gentle Charmin.

Another piece of the German mask situation.  Bangkok.  Why is it always Bangkok?  Makes zero sense.

https://twitter.com/danieldrepper/status/1246077614504148994

Hog

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 02, 2020, 08:11:56 PM
What the hell is going on in NYC?  95 year old Rabbi dies so they pack as many guys as possible into a small area? 
Then a drone conks out, crashes and takes out a copper to boot.   The world is just nuts..............

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04/02/thousands-pack-streets-of-borough-park-for-rabbis-funeral/
Wow, just wow.  That "throng" of ugly bags of mostly water is just crazy.  Nice physical distancing.  Kinda looks like the Holocaust I perormed on the massive group of ants at my front door. 1/2 a gallon of boiling water took out thousands.  Just like the thousands of infections that "hordes" of people crammed into close proximity will cause.

peace
Hog

albrecht

I seem to recall there is a .22LR pistol with an integrated suppressor by Browning which always looked interesting. For close in wet work, as they say. It is alleged the mob or government/military 'operatives' like .22 at close distance. Because quiet, less ballistic traces, and less clean up  "mess." Use sub-sonic rounds for more quiet- but test cycling first.

I've heard poachers also like .22LR. Close in, quiet, head shots. I do not advocate poaching. But for that they like rifles. I suggest a Ruger 10/22. Fun gun. Can get cheaply. Can get extended mags, various barrel, stock, rail etc configurations.  Ruger (and other vendors) also sell suppressors for it. Good for vermin, plinking, and such and cheap (well used to be, thanks Obama) ammo.