• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

area51drone

Quote from: zeebo on November 25, 2014, 04:46:04 PM
I really enjoyed the show and I'm still open to the whole story, but I did have one of those head-tilt moments when Lazar said something like "I'm just one of those people who isn't great at remembering things."  ???

Who knows what that meant, it was a bit odd.  It might have been a shady reference to his so called schooling, but whatever.  I don't think it meant he was/is lying.    In response to Uncle Duke:

1) It means it was highly likely that he was actually subjected to a background check.  Is it possible he just happened to know the name of some guy that did that for a living?  Sure, but you could say that about anything in your life.   All added together, it is more likely, IMO, that he actually went through a background check.   Plus it was specifically mentioned that there were a number of people who were interviewed who could back up that he did in fact go through a background check.

2)  If he was never an employee at Area 51, then why would they tap Bob's phone lines?  You have no problem believing this part of the story, but you believe it because they will just go randomly tapping anyone's lines and following them around if someone makes some outlandish, unbelievable claim?  You forget that Knapp specifically said he has SIX other workers who were talking to him but refused to go on the record.   That means Knapp might have been tapped, but not Bob.  Knapp has said that he did not go forward with the story without backing up what Lazar said.  I will take him at his word that he has good verifiable reasons to believe Bob's story.

3) If the story is true, you have no idea what kind of security measures they would have had in place at that facility.   Maybe they wanted him to know that the other craft existed but he wasn't allowed to work on parts of them.   He specifically said he wasn't allowed to go near those craft.  He wasn't privy to their schedules - he specifically mentioned that he knew the sport model's schedule and that's why he was able to take people out into the desert to show them.    You're grasping at straws to say what he would have seen given security measures you claim to be familiar with, because you don't know any more than the rest of us.   What Bob is saying is either true or not true, saying one particular aspect of security is flawed, in your opinion, doesn't discount the rest of the story.

4) As far as the lie detector test goes, just the fact that he offered to do one says a lot, regardless of the results.   If he had 3 negatives and one positive, I would be more on the side that he's lying.  But basically the tests were a wash.   So given that, it's just interesting that he even agreed to do them in the first place if he was lying. 

I'll leave it at this because we've rehashed this over and over on the other thread - if Knapp says he believes it back in the day, and still believes it now, I have a very strong tendency to believe Bob myself.    Knapp was putting his reputation out on the line back when this came out.   If it had all been a big hoax, I think it would have come out and Knapp would have looked like a fool considering what this has done for his career.     From day one Knapp said that there were a few holes in Bob's story, but he still believes him in spite of those holes.

zeebo

Quote from: area51drone on November 26, 2014, 12:42:10 AM
Who knows what that meant, it was a bit odd.  It might have been a shady reference to his so called schooling, but whatever.  I don't think it meant he was/is lying....

I agree, I never got the feeling he was lying.  I don't really know what to make of it.  I mean I think I'm pretty rational and there's all kinds of stuff I can't remember, or remember wrong I'm sure.  Today I had an awesome pear, and could not remember which friggin grocery store I got it from, so who am I to say.

Quote from: zeebo on November 26, 2014, 01:18:11 AM
I agree, I never got the feeling he was lying.  I don't really know what to make of it.  I mean I think I'm pretty rational and there's all kinds of stuff I can't remember, or remember wrong I'm sure.  Today I had an awesome pear, and could not remember which friggin grocery store I got it from, so who am I to say.

For me I might be able to remember incidents from twenty five years ago, or flashes of memory, but I couldn't reconstruct a day or put most events in order.  If Lazar can't remember if his initiation into S4 took one day or two days, it's not really surprise.

area51drone

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 26, 2014, 01:22:22 AM
For me I might be able to remember incidents from twenty five years ago, or flashes of memory, but I couldn't reconstruct a day or put most events in order.  If Lazar can't remember if his initiation into S4 took one day or two days, it's not really surprise.

Agreed.  I remember when he was talking, I was thinking to myself how I can't even remember the names of many of my co-workers from when I was a teenager into my early to mid 20's.  Some of these people I spent a lot of time with.   That was 15+ years ago.   I don't blame Bob for forgetting the minor details.  Actually I couldn't give much care to them, I'd rather hear all he knows about the ufo he says he saw, the books he claims he read during his briefings and anything else he can tell us about the S4 base.

Uncle Duke

Who knows what that meant, it was a bit odd.  It might have been a shady reference to his so called schooling, but whatever.  I don't think it meant he was/is lying.    In response to Uncle Duke:

1) It means it was highly likely that he was actually subjected to a background check.  Is it possible he just happened to know the name of some guy that did that for a living?  Sure, but you could say that about anything in your life.   All added together, it is more likely, IMO, that he actually went through a background check.   Plus it was specifically mentioned that there were a number of people who were interviewed who could back up that he did in fact go through a background check.

2)  If he was never an employee at Area 51, then why would they tap Bob's phone lines?  You have no problem believing this part of the story, but you believe it because they will just go randomly tapping anyone's lines and following them around if someone makes some outlandish, unbelievable claim?  You forget that Knapp specifically said he has SIX other workers who were talking to him but refused to go on the record.   That means Knapp might have been tapped, but not Bob.  Knapp has said that he did not go forward with the story without backing up what Lazar said.  I will take him at his word that he has good verifiable reasons to believe Bob's story.

3) If the story is true, you have no idea what kind of security measures they would have had in place at that facility.   Maybe they wanted him to know that the other craft existed but he wasn't allowed to work on parts of them.   He specifically said he wasn't allowed to go near those craft.  He wasn't privy to their schedules - he specifically mentioned that he knew the sport model's schedule and that's why he was able to take people out into the desert to show them.    You're grasping at straws to say what he would have seen given security measures you claim to be familiar with, because you don't know any more than the rest of us.   What Bob is saying is either true or not true, saying one particular aspect of security is flawed, in your opinion, doesn't discount the rest of the story.

4) As far as the lie detector test goes, just the fact that he offered to do one says a lot, regardless of the results.   If he had 3 negatives and one positive, I would be more on the side that he's lying.  But basically the tests were a wash.   So given that, it's just interesting that he even agreed to do them in the first place if he was lying. 

I'll leave it at this because we've rehashed this over and over on the other thread - if Knapp says he believes it back in the day, and still believes it now, I have a very strong tendency to believe Bob myself.    Knapp was putting his reputation out on the line back when this came out.   If it had all been a big hoax, I think it would have come out and Knapp would have looked like a fool considering what this has done for his career.     From day one Knapp said that there were a few holes in Bob's story, but he still believes him in spite of those holes.

1) I did not say Lazar just happened to randomly know a guy's name and what the guy did for a living.  What I did do was give two very reasonable explanations for why/how he could have known and then repeated the name/occupation of an investigator.  To recap, Lazar would have undergone a background check for his technician job at Los Alamos, and would have been interviewed by an investigative officer as part of that process.  In addition, he could have been interviewed by an investigator who was looking into someone else's background for a clearance, maybe a renewal for someone he worked with at Los Alamos as a technician, or could have been a neighbor/friend.  In either event, he would certainly have been shown credentials, maybe even given a business card, by an investigator.  It is noteworthy the agent's name is apparently one of the few he does remember relative to his story, even after all these years.

2) I did not say Lazar's phone lines were randomly tapped.  What I did say was it makes perfect sense that, after Knapp's broadcast about a highly classified facility, security types would want to know who Knapp was talking to and exchanging information with about that facility.  Even if Knapp had not identified Lazar by name, he would have been identified during tapped conversations with Lazar via Knapp's phone(s) and/or personal meetings (remember Knapp claims he was under surveillance) with Knapp and became a person of interest.  So sure, I can believe Lazar's phone was bugged eventually because he was someone security knew was talking to Knapp about a classified facility.  I contend the focus was on Knapp, his broadcast, and the public compromise of a classified facility where critical DT&E of an advanced military technology (stealth) was on going at the time; not on Lazar and his claims of alien craft.  This contention is supported by Knapp's statement several A51 types who called him shortly after the Lazar story broke to tell their stories were all contacted by security. Those individuals' phone lines were not randomly tapped either, but Knapp was the focal point and their identities were established from the bug on Knapp's phone(s). Were taps then put on those guys' phones?  Wouldn't surprise me.

3) Actually, I have a very good understanding of what kind of security measures would have been in force at a facility such as the one that Lazar claims to have worked, I worked in several.  As anyone who's ever worked in that environment can will you, security processes and procedures are not left to chance.  All such (USAF) facilities operate under common established, mandatory security AFIs, OIs, procedures, regulations, plans etc across the board. (Not surprisingly, many of the documents defining security requirements/methods are themselves classified.) It is against these common, standardized requirements/documents that organizations are evaluated during IG compliance/readiness/security inspections. The concept and processes of compartmentalization implementation are well established, non-accessed personnel wouldn't even know the designation/nomenclature of a program they were not cleared into, let alone have an opportunity to freely and randomly observe the classified systems associated with that program.

4) I admitted I know very little about lie detectors, so I can't speak with authority about them like I can other elements of this story.  I am somewhat perplexed, however, why Lazar would have taken four such tests?   If he had taken one and passed it, do you think he'd have taken three more such tests?  Conversely if he'd taken four tests and failed them all, do you think that information would have been released by Team Lazar?  Of course I can't prove it, but if he really did take four lie detector tests, I'd bet he finally "passed" the fourth one and declared victory. We'll never know unless his handlers release the complete, unedited test results.

5) Knapp's role in this whole episode is far more interesting to me than Lazar's fanciful tales. The man is an award winning journalist, but even he admits he's looked at with a jundiced eye by some of his peers.  He went to press with Lazar's story, only to have the "LA Times" expose his lack of research when the newspaper proved Lazar had lied about his academic credentials. He rode it out, however, and has built a successful career both professionally and financially largely on the Lazar story.  More power to him.  I certainly do not believe Knapp is knowingly part of some hoax or delusions on Lazar's part, but at the same time I wonder if he would expose Lazar as a fraud should be uncover "supporting evidence" to that effect? 

DanTSX

Lol is that you Stanton?

Nebraska888

Sounds like a great Knapp Sunday night! 

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 29, 2014, 10:46:55 PM
Sounds like a great Knapp Sunday night!

Indeed it does, honored member of the Sacred Order of Sunday Night Knappyheads.

Tonight's Show
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
UFOs & Mysteries
Sun 11-30
Tom Delonge, member of Blink-182, joins George Knapp to discuss his recent trip to Area 51, the relaunching of his paranormal website, and how he's using his celebrity status to bring awareness to oddities and mysterious stories from around the world. First hour guest, ufologist Robert Hastings shares updates.

ItsOver

I just remembered it's Knapp Night.  A fitting way to bring a Thanksgiving weekend to a close.  I am thankful we still have George Knapp for the little bit of quality paranormal we still receive on C2C.  To quote a former host, "We're all in."

Uncle Duke

Next month looks even better:

1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
ETs, Mysteries, & Writing for Children
Sun 12-14
Fab Morvan, former member of Milli Vanilli, joins George Knapp to discuss his experiences with high strangeness, including personal underground gun battles with reptilians at Dulce, NM.  He'll also discuss his recent foray into the satisfying world of writing children's literature and his new book, "Das Kinder Raummonster Buch".  Finally Fab will talk about using his celebrity status to bring awareness to the challenges facing discredited personalities, their quest to stay relevent somehow, and their appreciation for C2C and reality TV.  First hour guest, atheist amateur astronomer Bill from Hartford shares updates on his efforts to form a "morning zoo" FM radio program with Jimmy Chunga and Rosie O'Donnell.

cweb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 30, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
Sun 12-14
Fab Morvan, former member of Milli Vanilli, joins George Knapp to discuss his experiences with high strangeness, including personal underground gun battles with reptilians at Dulce, NM.  He'll also discuss his recent foray into the satisfying world of writing children's literature and his new book, "Das Kinder Raummonster Buch".  Finally Fab will talk about using his celebrity status to bring awareness to the challenges facing discredited personalities, their quest to stay relevent somehow, and their appreciation for C2C and reality TV.  First hour guest, atheist amateur astronomer Bill from Hartford shares updates on his efforts to form a "morning zoo" FM radio program with Jimmy Chunga and Rosie O'Donnell.
Actually, I hear Fab's interview was pre-recorded and he's just going to move his mouth to the words while it airs.  :D

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 29, 2014, 10:46:55 PM
... great Knapp ...

Let me try to improve this ...

ok Knapp
good Knapp

great Knapp

Nope, you got it.   ;)

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 30, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
Sun 12-14

You actually had me going until I checked it out, Duke, because these days stuff like that is entirely plausible.  I like the bit about the "challenges facing discredited personalities..." Well played, sir!   ;D

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 30, 2014, 01:14:38 PM

Indeed it does, honored member of the Sacred Order of Sunday Night Knappyheads.

Tonight's Show
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
UFOs & Mysteries
Sun 11-30
Tom Delonge, member of Blink-182, joins George Knapp to discuss his recent trip to Area 51, the relaunching of his paranormal website, and how he's using his celebrity status to bring awareness to oddities and mysterious stories from around the world. First hour guest, ufologist Robert Hastings shares updates.

The flannel pjs are on and the whiskey is ready!

b_dubb

I've got TuneIn set to record the show.  Should be a good one.

WOTR

Quote from: b_dubb on November 30, 2014, 09:55:09 PMI've got TuneIn set to record the show.  Should be a good one.
I hope that Knapp occasionally browses this forum and realizes how much people (or at least the vast majority of people) enjoy his shows.  I never see a celebratory, pre-show discussion where people are saying that they are all set to record a Noory show.  Nobody posts that they are looking forward to it.
Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 30, 2014, 09:51:20 PM
The flannel pjs are on and the whiskey is ready!
O.K.  To be fair, people do post that they have the whiskey at the ready for Noory- but that is always the cheap crap in the hopes of numbing the senses in preparation for an onslaught of stupidity.  I assume that you have a nice single malt ready to enjoy with a great show and intelligent dialogue?

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on November 30, 2014, 10:44:27 PM
...I assume that you have a nice single malt ready to enjoy with a great show and intelligent dialogue?

For Knapp it's the good stuff, for Noory it's whatever's in that plastic bottle with the label that fell off and might really be a discolored off-brand tequila.

I typically end up going to my usual Glenmorangie, but tonight, I think I'm going to dip into a recent gift I received; a bottle of Macallan 18.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on November 30, 2014, 11:06:50 PM
For Knapp it's the good stuff, for Noory it's whatever's in that plastic bottle with the label that fell off and might really be a discolored off-brand tequila.

MAKERS MARK OR JAMESON FOR ME!    ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 30, 2014, 11:31:41 PM
MAKERS MARK OR JAMESON FOR ME!    ;)
Sapporo in the big badass can!

Don't feel like you have to forego your favorite beverages and drink rotgut when Jorch is hosting.  Listening to his shows is punishment enough, so don't make it any more painful if you don't have to!  Stay thirsty, Bellgabbers! 

Eddie Coyle

The only spirit Noory inspires listeners to drink:

I love how Knapp sets the mood

b_dubb

music guy needs to switch to decaf

The second guest isn't really going anywhere with his stories. The "umms" kill it for me too.

Also, the origin of "Brainwash Butte" (or etymology?)
http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/area-51-and-other-strange-places/brainwash-butte/so-why-the-hell-is-it-called-brainwash-butte/

Blinky's a putz.  Uncle Duke's Fab Morvan show would have been much more interesting!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 01, 2014, 02:01:22 AM
Blinky's a putz.  Uncle Duke's Fab Morvan show would have been much more interesting!

Knapp likes rock music stories too so Fab would be a good show for him.
I would be satisfied with some MV bumper music. He could play bumpers from other artists that got caught lipsynching. Or rockers that did a horrible lipsynch to defy their managers/producers.

zeebo

Ok so the Blink guy is kinda loosy-goosy but I'm still mildly enjoying this tonite.  It's kinda like Knapp Lite, like we're just eavesdropping on two guys talking about whatever over beers.