• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Paul Lynde???  :D  OK, I have to ask.  What about Wally Cox?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 02, 2012, 12:24:58 PM
I adore Paul Lynde.  It's so cute to watch the little old ladies, and some not so old, flirt with him back in the day.  If they only knew...

Making him the aggrieved father in Bye Bye Birdy was just absolutely genius. It's putting Liberace in one of those Bob Hope roles.

Nick el Ass

Apparently the epic amount of sucking that George Noory has been doing lately has hit the Coast to Coast Am facebook page by storm. When he made a comment that he had yet another tv show in the works every other comment was about how bad the show has gotten. My favorite was the person named Caesar Krewton Salad said: "please spare us george, the world needs less, not more of you..." I concur.

Jasmine

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2012, 12:28:35 PM
Paul Lynde???  :D  OK, I have to ask.  What about Wally Cox?

Oh...Wally...Wally COX...Mr. Peepers...I'm simply breathless...

I'm wet...no...wait...it's baby dribble on my jeans.

And don't dare ask me about Bob Denver/Gilligan...or else I'll make a coconut cream pie that would put Mary Ann to shame.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 02, 2012, 12:29:35 PM
           Making him the aggrieved father in Bye Bye Birdy was just absolutely genius. It's putting Liberace in one of those Bob Hope roles.

I haven't seen that in years.  I might have to watch it this weekend.

ItsOver

Allllrightyyy then..........what were we talking about? :D

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2012, 12:48:38 PM

Back on topic.   

George Noory sucks.

Jasmine

Damn if I know...all I know is that it's 90 degrees in here...I'm so turned on...I'm so hot. I'm fighting off thinking about George Noory and Don Adams in bed with me...talk about the ultimate club sandwich...don't hold the mayo, boys.

Jasmine

Look, Cowboy, if ya can't stand the Coast heat...stay out of the damn studio, babycakes.
;) ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2012, 10:43:48 AM
... I've got a number of recordings of Art's old shows.  Nooron's?   None..

Art's 'classic'shows are the ones featuring Mel's Hole and the guy calling in as he was flying over Area 51, and became classics on their own merit. 

Noory's 'classic' shows are when he actually does a paranormal show, and he deems them 'classics' in advance ('whurr gunna hav-uh classic show fur yuh tuh-night, so git ready fur that')

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 02, 2012, 01:03:54 PM

Art's 'classic'shows are the ones featuring Mel's Hole and the guy calling in as he was flying over Area 51, and became classics on their own merit. 

Noory's 'classic' shows are when he actually does a paranormal show, and he deems them 'classics' in advance ('whurr gunna hav-uh classic show fur yuh tuh-night, so git ready fur that')

LOL....... yeah, I love when Nooron deems his trash a "classic" in advance.  P*B, you've got Noory-talk down to a T.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Jasmine on November 02, 2012, 12:57:07 PM

Look, Cowboy, if ya can't stand the Coast heat...stay out of the damn studio, babycakes.
;) ;D

I set the temp on the A/C down a notch and the ceiling fans are on high .  ;)

Sardondi

Quote from: Jasmine on November 02, 2012, 12:15:31 PM
Ah! My favourite old time Hollywood Squares center square, Paul Lynde! Samantha Stevens' Uncle Arthur! God, Paul Lynde was such a masculine hunk...he just oozed testosterone. That man set me on fire...I had fantasies of rolling around with him on a plastic sheet covered in whipped cream while the old 80's song, Whip It, performed by the group Devo, played in the background. ...

Just, eeeyuuuwwwwwww.

BobGrau

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 02, 2012, 12:24:58 PM

I'd love to do some creative editing on Noory's page.  There's so much material floating around out there.

Do a page for 'noorisms'.

Morgus

Quote from: MikeJ on November 02, 2012, 09:23:03 AM
Does anyone know what the ratings are for this show?  I imagine that given its overnight time slot (at least on the east coast) ratings expectations are pretty low
Nobody except a few insiders in the industry probably know exactly since they are not ever made public.
Only hints from Noory when he says on air often that c2c is the highest rated national overnight talk show.  :o

Sleepwalker

They're looking for a live studio audience.  Can you imagine a scarier place to be?  Sitting in a studio with a lot of delusional people who believe everything  they hear on Coast to Coast AM?   

ItsOver

The potential threat of Noory breaking-out into a crooning fest would be enough to be keep me miles away. 

Immy

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 02, 2012, 09:39:03 AM
Published reports from the time (Time Magazine for one) show Art with 7-10 million listeners per week.  Talkers Magazine for 2012 shows 3.5 millions listeners now.

That's staggering. And Art pulled in those numbers with far fewer stations. Remember when he'd have the "party" shows celebrating his 200th or 300th affiliate?

Snoory gets a fraction of Art's audience on (purportedly) 500+ stations! Pathetic.

Sardondi

Quote from: Immy on November 02, 2012, 04:38:36 PM
That's staggering. And Art pulled in those numbers with far fewer stations. Remember when he'd have the "party" shows where he'd celebrate his 200th or 300th affiliate?

Snoory gets a fraction of Art's audience on (purportedly) 500+ stations! Pathetic.

I suspect C2C has been steadily leaking stations for years. Not a deluge, just a steady decline as station managers look for cheaper and more interesting programming alternatives.

Quote from: Morgus on November 02, 2012, 02:34:01 PM
...Only hints from Noory when he says on air often that c2c is the highest rated national overnight talk show.

Even if one chooses to believe Mr. Noory, that's like saying "the cutest warthog".

Immy

I'm curious whether the faithful here believe George ever had the chops to adequately host C2C. I feel it's like a Carson/Leno thing. Art never wanted Snoory to take the reins but resigned to his blandness since he was the regular fill-in guy. Too bad he never had a Letterman-like alternative. Many might have stayed tuned in.

Even if one chooses to believe Mr. Noory, that's like saying "the cutest warthog".

LOL!

Quote from: Morgus on November 02, 2012, 02:34:01 PM
Nobody except a few insiders in the industry probably know exactly since they are not ever made public.
Only hints from Noory when he says on air often that c2c is the highest rated national overnight talk show.  :o

Every radio host makes some kind of claim - biggest, fastest growing, most popular, number 1 - they can't all be right but no one knows because the rating are kept secret.

Not to long ago George claimed he was a No. 2.  Finally something to agree on.

Quote from: Immy on November 02, 2012, 05:00:47 PM
I'm curious whether the faithful here believe George ever had the chops to adequately host C2C...

Personally, I wasn't listening every single night at the time and George's suckage sort of crept up on me.  I would only listen if it was a subject I was really interested in.  I'm normally one to give someone a chance, and in this case not expect them to be as great as the person they replace.  And while he was the guest host and when it was a possibility Art might come back if needed, I think George did put in at least some efort.  He seemed like a nice guy.

The things he does and doesn't do aren't so bad until one realizes they are habitual and not a one time slip or omission.  So George was boring, so he couldn't pronounce some regular everyday words or read aloud well.  So he wasn't all that bright.  But he was trying right, I mean everyone in entertainment is thrilled to be there and works hard to do their best, don't they?  I understood George couldn't read everyone's book, that he wasn't an expert in everything. 

But at some point it dawned on me he never asked the obvious follow up, no matter how interesting a guests comment may be.  Then I realized he habitually asked questions the guest had just spent 5 minutes discussing.  Then I noticed the same questions no matter who he was talking to or what the topic was.  Then I noticed all the useless intterruptions - 'amazing', 'incredible', 'riveting', etc.  Then I noticed maybe he wasn't that nice of a guy.  Then I noticed he never seemed prepared for any show or guest.  Then I noticed he wasn't getting better at any aspect of the job.  Then I noticed he wasn't really interested in the world around him or in any of the normal show topics.  Then I noticed...

Jasmine

Quote from: Sleepwalker on November 02, 2012, 03:29:17 PM
They're looking for a live studio audience.  Can you imagine a scarier place to be?  Sitting in a studio with a lot of delusional people who believe everything  they hear on Coast to Coast AM?

Jesus, what does C2C think it is, a stellar 1940's NBC radio show with Burns and Allen? Live studio audience, eh? Suffice to say there's a plethora of dumbed-downers who would flock to this as they would a taping of Full House, any other brainless sitcom, or an infomercial taping. Imagine the huge and flashing "APPLAUSE" signs situated throughout the studio so the sheep would know when to kiss the sorry Snoory ass.
Would Tommy do the audience warm-up pre taping?

Also, would a live studio audience help the show's budget by removing the need to purchase a canned laugh track?

Oh, and Sardondi, re your "eeeeuuuuwww"...grow up. Just grow up, I says.

El Kragen

I see George has announced his new "TV" gig. Here's the link:

http://www.gaiamtv.com/george

"Radio sensation George Noory brings his provocative interviews to a new original weekly series BEYOND BELIEF, exclusively on Gaiamtv.com"

"Join George...for dynamic discussions on paranormal phenomena, conspiracies and all things unexplained"

I sincerely hope this project is extremely successful for George, that way he'll leave the airways and never come back.

coaster

"This is a great opportunity to expose new listeners to my vast radio show” said Noory."
Capt oblivious strikes again. I feel sorry for everyone involved in this new show.

Quote from: El Kragen on November 02, 2012, 06:14:55 PM
... "Radio sensation George Noory brings his provocative interviews to a new original weekly series BEYOND BELIEF...

They seem to have Noory down pat.  I get a certain nauseous sensation when I hear that voice or see that face, his interviewing has provoked literally thousands of pages of posts on various internets sites, and his suckage is - definitely - BEYOND BELIEF.

Morgus

Quote from: Jasmine on November 02, 2012, 05:52:50 PM

Jesus, what does C2C think it is, a stellar 1940's NBC radio show with Burns and Allen? Live studio audience, eh? Suffice to say there's a plethora of dumbed-downers who would flock to this as they would a taping of Full House, any other brainless sitcom, or an infomercial taping. Imagine the huge and flashing "APPLAUSE" signs situated throughout the studio so the sheep would know when to kiss the sorry Snoory ass.
Would Tommy do the audience warm-up pre taping?

Also, would a live studio audience help the show's budget by removing the need to purchase a canned laugh track?

No, they aren't looking for a studio audience for the radio show, but they are looking for a bunch of regular c2c listeners/fans for an audience while taping segments for another pilot TV show with Noory as host - taping in the near future near Denver, Colorado for some reason. Details at the c2c website...

Jasmine

"Radio sensation George Noory brings his provocative interviews to a new original weekly series BEYOND BELIEF, exclusively on Gaiamtv.com"

"Join George...for dynamic discussions on paranormal phenomena, conspiracies and all things unexplained"

I sincerely hope this project is extremely successful for George, that way he'll leave the airways and never come back.

Well, the PR person who wrote the above either had his/her tongue in their cheek or between George's anal cheeks.

Beyond Belief...no two words sum it all up any better.

Morgus

So its not a true "TV" show like Norry's past failed attempt with a pilot for a cable TV show (on Scifi channel) a few years back.
Now he is trying an effective streaming internet video podcast? Probably because that won't have ratings to measure like a true broadcast TV show...

Jasmine

Quote from: Morgus on November 02, 2012, 06:21:59 PM
No, they aren't looking for a studio audience for the radio show, but they are looking for a bunch of regular c2c listeners/fans for an audience while taping segments for another pilot TV show with Noory as host - taping in the near future near Denver, Colorado for some reason. Details at the c2c website...

Thanks for clarifying. I'm just a woman, what do I know?